Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
where the gently caress is Jack Bauer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:chanpop:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The one thing tonight was missing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shout out one time to Martellus Bennett for immediately saying he ain't going to the White House. Hero of the weekend easily.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Chris James 2 posted:

Shout out one time to Martellus Bennett for immediately saying he ain't going to the White House. Hero of the weekend easily.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Turn's out Tom Brady's balls were perfect. Glad I got to witness such a historic occasion and that Brady is now the undisputed best QB of all time.

Eggs
Apr 15, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

*John Oliver studio audience ERUPTS in laughter*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

We can never, should never, shall never be forgiven for our sins or the sins of our ancestors.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Tommy B has to be the GOAT. Lifelong Redskins fan here. That dude is the besr. His wife is hot. He wins Super Bowls.

Unbelievable.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Belichick is incredible.

I just wish he would have worked out here in Cleveland (could have rehired him in 99 to boot...), but goddamn...what a coach.

There's times when you have to just stand back and admire how good someone is at the game. I HATE Boston....but man...What the guy has been able to do in the league with Brady is a masterpiece.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
gently caress the loving Pats. They are a bad football team.

That is all.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Sickening posted:

Tom Brady is going to go home and go balls deep into one of the hottest/richest women on the planet and a few months from now he and his team are going to the white house to meet Donald Trump. Trump is going to hold up a patriots Jersey that says "Trump" on the back and the world will vomit in unison.

Calling Giselle one of the hottest women in the planet is a mind blowing stretch. She's not even close, I always thought she was weird looking

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Box score says it all. Matt Ryan threw the ball 23 times. The NFL MVP. The Offensive Player of the Year. Only chucked it 23 times.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do you go from first and ten inside of field goal range to 4th and 33 outside of it in that situation. loving trash falcons.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DrunkPanda posted:

Calling Giselle one of the hottest women in the planet is a mind blowing stretch. She's not even close, I always thought she was weird looking

She is but I'd still definitely put my meat stick in her slimy fish hole.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Silly Burrito posted:

Realtalk: Not counting any Super Bowl wins by your favorite team, do you consider this the best Super Bowl ever? I'd have to say yes at this point. I remember the Cards/Steelers game fondly too, but I think this one tops them for the comeback and OT win.

Probably only for Pats fans.

Nah. It wasnt actually a good game till the 4th really. The first half was all Falcons and the second all Patriots. By the time the game got close absolutely no one had faith in the Falcons since they already let the impossible happen. It was as uncompetitive as a game this close can be

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Santheb posted:

Box score says it all. Matt Ryan threw the ball 23 times. The NFL MVP. The Offensive Player of the Year. Only chucked it 23 times.

Did Belichick take away one or two of his weapons like he's akin to doing?

I'm trying to remember a strategy he employed with the Bills when he was with the Giants, but I believe it was something similar.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Still can't sleep, rereading GDT.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808903&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=112

This is the point in the GDT where everyone suddenly got all uneasy. All of a sudden...BAM.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It wasn't as good as the Seahawks/Pats super bowl. It was a comeback on the scoreboard, but it didn't feel like one. Brady had a hell of a fourth quarter, but they'd gotten so thoroughly owned for the first three that the game was effectively over. The falcons controlled the Patriots destiny, and they had to make some monumental gently caress ups to let the Patriots back in the game. It's certainly the greatest choke in NFL history, but I don't think that's really the criteria you look for in the greatest super bowl ever.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Hearing Marty Bennett describe him and his brothers relationship was really cool. Michael Bennett looks like he could be blindfolded with dental floss.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Volkerball posted:

It wasn't as good as the Seahawks/Pats super bowl. It was a comeback on the scoreboard, but it didn't feel like one. Brady had a hell of a fourth quarter, but they'd gotten so thoroughly owned for the first three that the game was effectively over. The falcons controlled the Patriots destiny, and they had to make some monumental gently caress ups to let the Patriots back in the game. It's certainly the greatest choke in NFL history, but I don't think that's really the criteria you look for in the greatest super bowl ever.

Yeah, I think that's where I'm at on it too.

but holy poo poo anyways

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Julio Jones with a great catch.

TFF crowns it the greatest catch ever.

Julian Edelman: "Hold my beer."

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
as soon as they made that first two point conversion I knew it was possible. The whole rest of the game was just me shouting increasingly loudly at the television that I didn't believe what was going on

sorry falcons bros

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2WCV90yds

It's the laugh that gets me

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What page of the GDT did Edelman's Jedi levitating catch happen?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What page of the GDT did Edelman's Jedi levitating catch happen?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808903&pagenumber=127

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I went out to see Doctor Strange at the encore theatre for $4 during the third quarter and feel pretty vindicated in that decision.

Did anyone mention that Atlanta won the popular score? drat Electoral College twice in three months. :argh:

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Did Belichick take away one or two of his weapons like he's akin to doing?

I'm trying to remember a strategy he employed with the Bills when he was with the Giants, but I believe it was something similar.

Ultimately, they did what everyone said they had to do. They kept Atlanta's offense off the field. After that, it was a sack/fumble and a bizarre chain of events starting with the Falcon's headsets and mics going out, and ending with a 4th and 33 out of field goal range. By that time, the Falcon's defense had been on the field for so long, had been playing out of their minds all game, and probably thought (rightly so) that the offense should come through at some point. Of all of the outcomes I don't think anyone could see that offense shooting themselves in the foot/head that way. Well, except for us long suffering Falcons fans.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Blacktooth posted:

Ultimately, they did what everyone said they had to do. They kept Atlanta's offense off the field. After that, it was a sack/fumble and a bizarre chain of events starting with the Falcon's headsets and mics going out, and ending with a 4th and 33 out of field goal range. By that time, the Falcon's defense had been on the field for so long, had been playing out of their minds all game, and probably thought (rightly so) that the offense should come through at some point. Of all of the outcomes I don't think anyone could see that offense shooting themselves in the foot/head that way. Well, except for us long suffering Falcons fans.

THe headsets went out when playing the Pats? Shocking!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Silly Burrito posted:

Still can't sleep, rereading GDT.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808903&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=112

This is the point in the GDT where everyone suddenly got all uneasy. All of a sudden...BAM.

More than uneasy. As soon as the strip sack happened people started going welp thats it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loving loathe the Pats and I will go to my grave thinking someone among the Falcons threw that loving game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Groovelord Neato posted:

you know we live in one of the most educated and progressive areas of the country right. the athens of america.

Because you're boy rapers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DrunkPanda posted:

Didn't he impregnate Bridget Moyanhan and then dump her for Gisele?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
2 hours loving sleep

Still feels like a nightmare

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Lock the GDT then sticky it at the top of TFF for all time.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

incompetent posted:

I'm sorry, but did the Patriots already lose? Oh, that's right. The game isn't even over yet. In fact, it's not even halftime. Does not having the lead at this point count as a loss? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this post when the game is still on? The Patriots are still playing right now and they have been the best team in the AFC East for how many years now? They're playing one of the worst teams in the NFL who just happen to have a lead because they're feeding off the energy of playing in a Super Bowl for the first time in 18 years. But you know what? They still loving suck. The Patriots are one of the best loving teams in the NFL, they went 12-4 last year and would of won the Super Bowl if Manning didn't have to secure a Lombardi his last year because MUH CHICKEN PARM PAPA JOHNS LEGACY. Maybe you should shut the gently caress up before you have retarded thoughts like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Patriots wins and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, the Falcons have a higher chance of winning now, just like Hillary did. Are you a loving drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a loving idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm loving serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Patiots posts because you're a human being hater who doesn't like the team because they're good. gently caress you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these loving teams on the board, like I give a gently caress. It's so easy to spot out your posts now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid poo poo like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your loving life try not to make a post like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. gently caress you. You are nothing.

That was definitely something. The game, that is. My liver really hates me right now too.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I loving loathe the Pats and I will go to my grave thinking someone among the Falcons threw that loving game.

I think my jaw was open for a few seconds when Freeman lined up directly across from Ninkovich or whoever got that strip sack, never moved his feet or made a move at him when he blitzed, and then half-assedly turned around like 'oh yeah i need to block or something' a few seconds late. It was like high-school level bad.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Emotional roller coaster with a disappointing outcome. I don't think I'll watch another NFL game for at least 7 months or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I wasn't so lazy I would go through the 150 or whatever pages of the GDT and collect all of the posts of people who counted out Touchdown Tom but that would be like 20k posts.

• Locked thread