Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Eh, I've been hearing enough bullshit over it at work to trump pretty much anything freep says...I'm thinking about finding a new job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

In case you were wondering how Freep is celebrating Black History Month:

quote:

Ignore an entire month dedicated to pedestalizing a race of people who are a millstone around the necks of America!

25 posted on 2/4/2017, 11:32:45 AM by HomerBohn (Shove a slinky down the stairs, then a leftist. Both actions will bring smiles to your face.)

via

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Maybe we are doing this wrong. We should all sign up for Soros money and then go home. Free money for extra ammo. If some idiot complains then you have proof they are being paid to riot.

16 posted on 02/03/2017 1:25:09 PM PST by oldasrocks (rump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]
Heeeeey yeah! Why DOESN'T some Conservative somewhere sign up to be a paid protestor to help gather evidence against Soros?? I can't believe this is the first time anyone anywhere has ever thought of turning these vague rumors and innuendos into hard evidence! Why it MUST be so easy because Liberals do it and we're CLEARLY smarter than all Liberals *dies of sarcasm overdose*

gently caress it's going to be a long 4/8/30 years.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Happy Super Sunday Freep Thread.

NFL players' union expresses support for Muslim players in wake of Trump's travel ban

Unions! :argh:

quote:

To: SoFloFreeper

Another reason to hate unions.

2 posted on 02/03/2017 12:54:42 PM PST by donozark (Lock her up! Kick 'em out! Build the wall! GO TRUMP!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

What does the Knoxville Museum of Art have to do with this? :confused:

quote:

Yet ANOTHER reason !

NFL > KMA

3 posted on 02/03/2017 12:55:17 PM PST by tomkat

quote:

Stupid, meaningless drivel from an effed up league of morons.

5 posted on 02/03/2017 12:56:15 PM PST by pissant ((Deport 'em all))

quote:

Just when I thought I was ready to go back to watching the NFL.

F ‘em all!

6 posted on 02/03/2017 12:57:37 PM PST by House Atreides (Send BOTH Hillary & Bill to prison.)

quote:

Really wondering now if playing ability had anything to do with Tim Tebow leaving the league...

7 posted on 02/03/2017 12:57:52 PM PST by mewzilla (I'll vote for the first guy who promises to mail in his SOTU addresses.)

quote:

I’ve never had less interest in a Super Bowl than this year. Every indication is that it will be a huge PC love fest with a football game thrown in.

8 posted on 02/03/2017 12:59:01 PM PST by linear (The truth brooks no arbiters.)

quote:

Any NFL players affected by "extreme vetting"? Some should be for reasons like criminal behavior.

The libs running to the northern border are finding they don't meet the standards for entry into Canada because of moral or criminal issues in their backgrounds LOL....

9 posted on 02/03/2017 12:59:33 PM PST by pfflier

The Super Bowl has always been a means to keep people slightly interested between advertisements.

quote:

I used to be a huge football fan. The 21st century version of American football sucks. It’s nothing but a means to keep people slightly interested between advertisements.

Also, the game has been thoroughly pussified.

And now,this year, they’ve gone full-on retard.

I can honestly say that I will never watch another NFL game.

12 posted on 02/03/2017 1:02:00 PM PST by Spruce

quote:

To: donozark

Another reason why I never bother with the NFL anymore.
Add that to who they have dong Super bowl half time too.

14 posted on 02/03/2017 1:02:44 PM PST by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

:getout:

quote:

So take your game over to the middle east...and GTFO.

16 posted on 02/03/2017 1:07:21 PM PST by WKUHilltopper (WKU 2016 Boca Raton Bowl Champions)

Yeah, :420:

quote:

They sure aren’t going out of their way to avoid the pitfalls of mixing politics and athletes on a misguided mission.

I haven’t watched much of the last few SBs anyway so .. missing one more ain’t gonna hurt at all. I got a heckuva weed crop to pull since the rains came..

18 posted on 02/03/2017 1:09:33 PM PST by NormsRevenge (Semper Fi - Monthly Donors Rock!!!)

quote:

After every game a whole bunch of players from both teams meet at mid field to pray. If the Moslems want to do that too, go for it. Just don’t throw it in our faces like Capernick did.

20 posted on 02/03/2017 1:12:54 PM PST by b4its2late (A Liberal is a person who will give away everything he doesn't own.)

quote:

They’re going to need some support when all hell breaks loose at their “super bowl” as is currently being reported. Hopefully, the police just say to hell with it and go home. Let Goodall and his boys clean up their mess.

24 posted on 02/03/2017 1:21:15 PM PST by FlingWingFlyer (As long as tyranny exists, the Constitution and Bill of Right will never be "outdated" or "obsolete")

quote:

Are they talking about Louis Farrakhan Nation of Islam Muslims?

27 posted on 02/03/2017 1:29:26 PM PST by MagnoliaB (You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you might find, you get what you need.)

quote:

Bunch of blacks that hate whites, sympathizing with muzzies with the same attitude, making my beer, pizza and car cost more because of their football game commercials, during games where grown men become millionaires for playing with a ball.

Umm...

29 posted on 02/03/2017 1:30:44 PM PST by polymuser

quote:

To: aquila48

They either do not know or do not care what a totalitarian theocracy is. The very same people who would recoil at Christian prayer to ask Our Almighty Father to bless our nation, and then call that a theocracy. They have no idea.

32 posted on 02/03/2017 1:49:41 PM PST by del4hope (Now in Trump speed, the left is finding it impossible to keep the pace of their own hypocrisy)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

quote:

Well, I haven’t seen an NFL game all season, as protest against the flag-disrespecters. This most recent insult from the NFL player’s union just reinforces my resolve to boycott these overpaid children.

34 posted on 02/03/2017 1:51:48 PM PST by ought-six (Multiculturalism is national suicide, and political correctness is the cyanide capsule.)

quote:

Comment #37 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: blackdog

I am going to boycott the Stupid Bowel.
Partisan politics and football do not mix for me.
TWB

40 posted on 02/03/2017 1:59:48 PM PST by TWhiteBear
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

quote:

To: All

Really? How do Muslims handle the pigskin ball?

41 posted on 02/03/2017 2:05:54 PM PST by RideForever
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #42 Removed by Moderator

quote:

At the end of the day, the NFLPA is still a union and as a group, are against anything that President Trump does. There is no good reason to proactively make this public statement other than to undermine President Trump.

If I am in wrong, then we would have already seen the NFLPA reach out to Christian players who were against same sex marriage and a host of other issues their members would have been against during the Obama years.

48 posted on 02/03/2017 2:25:05 PM PST by capydick (“Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face.)

quote:

NFL = pro terrorist. Idiots.

55 posted on 02/03/2017 2:53:53 PM PST by who knows what evil? (Yehovah saved more animals than people on the ark...https://www.siameserescue.com)

quote:

A league festering with politically correct billionaire owners, a commissioner of the same ilk, and the players association more interested in spewing the usual leftist, liberal claptrap then thinking independently. Stopped watching this season and the moratorium continues.

58 posted on 02/03/2017 3:24:25 PM PST by Lent

"Fairly close"

quote:

Oh, please strike! Pleeeeeaaase strike. Then see how many butts in the seats disappear next year.

You need to remember that a fairly close number to half of the voters in the US voted for Trump. And that number may be higher when you remove the illegals. Plus the ones who did vote for Trump are closer to being able to afford tickets. Illegals don’t get jobs with US Steel.

red

66 posted on 02/03/2017 6:58:16 PM PST by Redwood71

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Another reason to hate unions.

2 posted on 02/03/2017 12:54:42 PM PST by donozark (Lock her up! Kick 'em out! Build the wall! GO TRUMP!!)

"Grr, loving unions defending and supporting people, gently caress them!" Yes yes freep, we all know.
I've had people at work that were rabid anti union and asked me why I liked them before. "Have you ever worked under one? No? Why do you hate them then?" and it just boils down to the old timey racketeering poo poo.
Others that just didn't know actually thought they sounded good, and why not. Having actual rights as a worker so you get treated like a human being is a good thing.

That players union, btw, is likely the only thing keeping their angel Tebow from being simply poo poo canned because he sucks

quote:

They sure aren’t going out of their way to avoid the pitfalls of mixing politics and athletes on a misguided mission.

I haven’t watched much of the last few SBs anyway so .. missing one more ain’t gonna hurt at all. I got a heckuva weed crop to pull since the rains came..

18 posted on 02/03/2017 1:09:33 PM PST by NormsRevenge (Semper Fi - Monthly Donors Rock!!!)

Lol, this is great coming from people that regularly bitch about politics with their family and how opposing political viewpoints are reason enough to disown family members.

Of course politics like this ban are going to be part of private lives because it loving affects private lives. If the union were bitching about, say, Trump's wall, sure, you'd have a point, but this ban directly affects people that the union is involved with. They have every right to express concern because it messes with people they take care of.

quote:

You need to remember that a fairly close number to half of the voters in the US voted for Trump.

Over 2 million less then half of the voters that cast a vote
Total eligible voters in US 231,556,622
Total votes cast 136,628,459
Trump 62,979,636
Clinton 65,844,610
That's not even close. This doesn't even count the growing number of people that are saying "oops, we voted for the wrong guy"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 6, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
You'd think Freepers would like the Superbowl outcome this time. The Patriots won, and both Tom Brady and the head coach are Trump supporters.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Surely even they're aware of how lame it is to cheer on a team that always wins.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

quote:

To: proust

Are there really that many people able to live inside such a toxic construct? Let alone post their insane rotten imaginary thoughts?

24 posted on 02/05/2017 9:34:55 PM PST by blackdog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Why can't titles be that long?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Mustached Demon posted:

Why can't titles be that long?

Freepers: post their insane rotten imaginary thoughts ?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Trump: ObamaCare plan could take until next year

The natives are getting restless

quote:

To: Read Write Repeat

I don’t like the sound of this. No, I Hate the sound of this.

2 posted on 02/05/2017 7:16:25 PM PST by fwdude (Democrats have not been this angry since Republicans freed the slaves.)

quote:

To: fwdude

He has to get it right. Better to get it right than do it quickly and for it to be a cluster.

3 posted on 02/05/2017 7:17:22 PM PST by Hildy

quote:

A Free market plan would take a day! Trump has to many statist tendencies.

4 posted on 02/05/2017 7:18:29 PM PST by foundedonpurpose

uh huh... sure.

quote:

What’s wrong with status quo ante? 85% of the American people were completely satisfied with their health care before Obamacare. That’s pretty good. Just repeal it and forget it.

5 posted on 02/05/2017 7:19:19 PM PST by huckfillary

quote:

I can understand that, it is very complicated to unwind Obamacare.

I do not understand why he has not stopped DACA yet.
Another 2400 illegal aliens have been given work permits since he became President.

6 posted on 02/05/2017 7:19:46 PM PST by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents - Know Islam, No Peace -No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

To: All

No, no, no...

7 posted on 02/05/2017 7:20:08 PM PST by Drago

*Votes straight-ticket Republican for the next 40 years*

quote:

To: Hildy

ANY plan is a cluster because THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING IT.

I knew this would happen. They had nothing ready in January, said it would be ready on Jan 27, after that passed they said March. Now it’s next year.

I hate the Republican party. Thoroughly.

11 posted on 02/05/2017 7:22:34 PM PST by Ray76 (DRAIN THE SWAMP)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Don’t let this happen, President Trump. People, I guess we’re going to have to call these Democrats-in-GOP-clothing we call Representatives, and light a fire under them. This is what WE want. WE won. WE want it done NOW.

14 posted on 02/05/2017 7:27:27 PM PST by backwoods-engineer (Trump won; I celebrated; I'm good. Let's get on with the civil war now.)

Sure, I'll just go to the emergency room for a round of Chemo.

quote:

To: cba123

Leaving 15% uncovered, is insane.

Stop repeating statist lies! Before ObamaCare, ANYONE could go to the emergency room and be treated. ANYONE. They weren't "uncovered". And if the idiot Congress would pass a law to allow medical insurance to be sold across state lines--like other insurance-- prices would drop. IMMEDIATELY.

15 posted on 02/05/2017 7:29:34 PM PST by backwoods-engineer (Trump won; I celebrated; I'm good. Let's get on with the civil war now.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Abortions and birth control for everyone!

quote:

To: Ray76

I’m with you.

Let’s get government out of healthcare.

Completely. All laws restricting care to a small and independently wealthy group of “physicians” included.

All laws saying only some sort of care are legal, repealed.

Are you ready for real freedom, in healthcare?

I am, but our healthcare industry, sure is not. They are an insular, self-perpetuating group who only restricts competition. Don’t get me wrong, healthcare providers are good people, but our healthcare system is a wealth generating industry, big time.

Until the government is OUT of healthcare however, because I don’t think it ever will be, then there needs to be coverage for every single American.

Everyone.

16 posted on 02/05/2017 7:31:07 PM PST by cba123 ( Toi la nguoi My. Toi bay gio o Viet Nam.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

That’s Democrat garbage.

17 posted on 02/05/2017 7:32:15 PM PST by Ray76 (DRAIN THE SWAMP)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Sometimes I miss dalereed's "lie down in the street and die!" straightforwardness.

quote:

Cover everyone? How about telling people that, if they don’t have health insurance, it’s a problem, but it’s your problem? Why make me pay? Get a good job and you will have health insurance. If you are not valuable enough in the marketplace to earn good wages and benefits, then it’s up to you to increase your value. I’m sick and tired of footing the bill for lazy slackers.

21 posted on 02/05/2017 7:38:31 PM PST by GodAndCountryFirst
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: foundedonpurpose

If you’ve been paying attention none of this is Trump’s fault. His Hhs Secretary still hasn’t gotten a vote...you need a Trump like figure running the Senate and that is not what we have. This lies squarely at the feet of the squishes in the Republican party

22 posted on 02/05/2017 7:40:43 PM PST by wiseprince
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

Leaving 15% uncovered is not insane. Why do you assume people have a right to health insurance? I’m sure there is a sizable percentage of households that lack 50” TVs. I don’t feel a need to use tax money to provide them. Same thing with health insurance. If it’s a priority for you, then find a way to get it. Don’t use the government to make me pay for you.

24 posted on 02/05/2017 7:43:58 PM PST by GodAndCountryFirst

quote:

No no no no NO NO!!!

I have to get back to normal-ish insurarance. I can’t afford to see my doctors... I have a $10,000 deductible and that’s catastrophic coverage with normal to high premiums. 0bamacare compliant insurance sux and I’ve been pissed since it was forced on me and I’m getting pissed that the Repubs are going to make me keep it.

My head’s gonna explode.

26 posted on 02/05/2017 7:49:38 PM PST by Principled (OMG I'm so tired of all this winning....)

quote:

As of now, the true disaster that is ObamaCare has been carefully hidden from an unaware public.

2018 was slated to be Single Payer time under Hillary Clinton as ObamaCare implodes.

All of the tricks and accounting smoke and mirrors Obama used to hide the massive deficits of ObamaCare are going away and next fall the costs of ObamaCare are go climb through the roof as ObamaCare collapses under it's own weight.

The longer ObamaCare is left in place, the more expensive, unaffordable and unpopular it will become and the crappier the coverage will become.

It would really be nice if the American people were aware and responsible enough to grasp this because the sooner ObamaCare is repealed , the less permanent damage and destruction will be done to our health care system in the process.

Unfortunately, this is not to be.

Americans are going to have to experience serious pain and grief and our healthcare system must be beat down before before it becomes impossible for Democrats to demagogue and play the blame game and ObamaCare becomes politically feasible to repeal.
27 posted on 02/05/2017 7:49:43 PM PST by rdcbn (.... when Poets buy guns, tourist season is over ...)

quote:

Wait, my insurance went from ok to unacceptable.

It’s horrible now, horrible.

I want to go back to what was taken from me before this poo poo was forced down my family’s throat.

0bamacare takes from me and gives it to the others who you want to cover. Cover them all you want but leave me the hell out of it. If I want to help pay I will but I drat sure do not appreciate being forced to pay.

So I would absolutely support going back to what we had.

29 posted on 02/05/2017 7:55:43 PM PST by Principled (OMG I'm so tired of all this winning....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

Fine. Repeal the drat thing now and work on passing whatever “replacement” next year.

32 posted on 02/05/2017 7:57:11 PM PST by ElkGroveDan (My tagline is in the shop.)

quote:

I just hope Trump will get rid of the mandate/tax for not having coverage and I was hoping he;d do this before April 15th. I’ll be damned if I am going to pay the govt. more money for not having any coverage I do not need.

33 posted on 02/05/2017 7:58:54 PM PST by Blue Highway (Q)

I went to the doctor for chemo and he injected me with ground rat droppings mixed in pig urine! I'm never going back to him again!

quote:

I agree with you. That would be best. Get government out. Get rid of Medicare, Medicaid, the FDA, all of it. Practicing medicine should not require a license because the marketplace would weed out any bad practitioners pretty quickly.

Ideally, getting government out of health care would go hand in hand with getting government out of education and science. Medical schools should get no taxpayer subsidies at all because no education should get that. Medical research should get no taxpayer subsidies because no non-military research should get that.

34 posted on 02/05/2017 7:59:52 PM PST by GodAndCountryFirst
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason.

quote:

The repeal is coming, just be patient.

I actually think the GOP wants it to last longer to show how bad it is.

36 posted on 02/05/2017 8:08:03 PM PST by fortheDeclaration (Pr 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation:but sin is a reproach to any people)

quote:

Let the Obummer voters go without insurance, since, they all thought they were going to get free health care at the expense of tax payers. Medicaid needs to be cut back. Medicare cuts restored. (I am on Medicare.) Welfare eligibility needs to be tightened. (I think welfare is a Bolshekrat money laundering scheme to get the gangs to get Bolshie voters to the polls.)

37 posted on 02/05/2017 8:09:10 PM PST by depressed in 06 (60 in '18.)

Yes it is totally not a free market solution to go "Oh. I'm sorry, did you say you need this drug to live? Then I guess you wouldn't mind paying an extra 50 dollars for it!"

quote:

Free market solutions will bring costs down. Capitalism and competition have been missing in the health care equation for a long time and that is why it was a mess long before obamacare. That legislation was just about the libs exploiting a bad situation. The problem is that the supply and the demand have long been separated from each other. The customers cannot affect the prices when the insurance companies and the ambulance chasing lawyers are in the way.

I can have more affect over the price of a brand name loaf of bread at the grocery store than I can over what my local hospital charges for an mri. We need to have a say in what we pay and the service we get.

43 posted on 02/05/2017 8:37:27 PM PST by mom of young patriots
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

I find it hard to blame Trump for this.

Blame the jackamules Pubbies in Congress who campaigned on repeal and then didn’t do a drat thing.

Now Trump is in, and he basically has to work from scratch. And unlike what some people say here, he simply can’t just throw the whole thing out. Mostly because Obamacare annihilated huge swaths of our existing infrastructure. We can’t go back to what we had because what we had no longer exists. It’s like trying to claim that we can go back to a fine old house AFTER it was knocked down and a slum built on its lot.

45 posted on 02/05/2017 9:06:22 PM PST by Luircin (Dancing in the streets! Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP!)

quote:

To: cssGA30005

The problem is that republicans can only knock out parts of Obamacare using reconciliation (51 votes) and they currently do not have 51 votes because of some moderate republican senators getting cold feet. They also need 60 votes to break the democrat filibuster to actually pass a comprehensive law that would work. Probably not a chance in hell of that happening on Obama’s signature law.

So, Republicans can repeal but can’t replace and the democrats will run into 2018 with the message that Trump destroyed healthcare for 15 million people. There will be ads of dying mothers, dying children with no coverage left dying on the streets.....

If you don’t think this would be politically damaging, you need to wake up. It would be. Probably enough to cost Republicans the house.

It’s in Trump’s and the Republican party’s interest to take their time and do this repeal and replace correctly. Trump has a point that the best thing they can do is maybe do nothing for a couple years and let Obamacare die a natural death on its own, which is going to happen regardless because the law is broken.

47 posted on 02/05/2017 9:08:52 PM PST by springwater13
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

If only there was something that could force everyone to have health insurance, a mandate if you will.

quote:

Eventually, insurance needs to work like insurance again. You get insurance BEFORE you get sick and this allows the insurance companies to pay out claims later.

48 posted on 02/05/2017 9:12:20 PM PST by Crucial

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

quote:

Let’s get government out of healthcare.

Completely. All laws restricting care to a small and independently wealthy group of “physicians” included.

Unlicensed medicine is one way to bring down costs, I guess.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I wonder what the crossover between Freepers who want the government out of doctor certification and Freepers mad that they can't buy Bob Barefoot's Sippin' Bleach anymore is.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder what the crossover between Freepers who want the government out of doctor certification and Freepers mad that they can't buy Bob Barefoot's Sippin' Bleach anymore is.

The only reason I don't support the free market giving Freepers medicinal bleach is that some of them have access to young people they could inflict that on.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

What’s wrong with status quo ante? 85% of the American people were completely satisfied with their health care before Obamacare. That’s pretty good. Just repeal it and forget it.

5 posted on 02/05/2017 7:19:19 PM PST by huckfillary

A percentage of the percentage was happy you say? What other minorities should we cater to FREEP??

quote:

Eventually, insurance needs to work like insurance again. You get insurance BEFORE you get sick and this allows the insurance companies to pay out claims later.

48 posted on 02/05/2017 9:12:20 PM PST by Crucial
Wha...what?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
"85% of people were happy with their insurance."

Even ignoring all the idiots who thought they were better insured than they were, that still leaves 15% who were unhappy with it, in this freeper's imagination. That's over 45 million people who were discontent with their insurance status.

Hell, that's a loving "B." Since when did Freepers decide that the US could get by on B grade work? I thought they were big on the whole exceptionalism thing.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Keeshhound posted:

"85% of people were happy with their insurance."

Even ignoring all the idiots who thought they were better insured than they were, that still leaves 15% who were unhappy with it, in this freeper's imagination. That's over 45 million people who were discontent with their insurance status.

Hell, that's a loving "B." Since when did Freepers decide that the US could get by on B grade work? I thought they were big on the whole exceptionalism thing.

A+++ work if you assume the 15% are lazy moochers who didn't work hard enough to get satisfactory healthcare.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

I thought they were big on the whole exceptionalism thing.

No they don't think that anymore since Trump said we're a bunch of killers like Russia.

edit:

Hi savagesusie

quote:

Yep. All the rapes and abuse, esp. of little girls and boys are all covered up. Just like in the Catholic and Mormon churches and public schools, so the demonic satanic destruction of culture (children) can commence and create more dysfunction and victims for the system where they make millions with their trafficking.

Just like the Franklin Cover-Up of the elites, justices and politicians in Congress. They want the chaos and distraction in the USA because they want their pizza-gate orgies with children, organ, drug, and child-trafficking rings under the radar because they make billions off of their rackets.

They also love emotional-damaged and orphaned children so they are easy objects for the Luciferians—the He/She Goat-God sacrifices.—because they are the culture of death and LOVE Planned Parenthood since they provide the satanists with baby body parts and blood to drink for their spirit cooking and orgies.

Trump better hurry up and grasp the fact that this is a spiritual war between God and Satan-—and muslims worship satan as do many of the elites in congress who are all compromised and being bribed, like McCain, Ryan, Rubio (bath/foam boy) and many others. Hopefully, when Sessions is in place, all these evil Soros-controlled “bots” will be exposed because there are those who have the goods on these men—who have given it all to Congress who “sit” on it-—because many of them and the “judges” are as compromised, probably with photos of little boys since they all enforce the irrational, vile concept of “homosexual” marriage to groom the little boys and make sodomy into a virtue. (Paul Bonacci).

7 posted on 2/6/2017, 11:42:45 AM by savagesusie (When Law ceases to be Just, it ceases to be Law. (Thomas A./Founders/John Marshall)/Nuremberg)

via

Smeep fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 6, 2017

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Smeep posted:

No they don't think that anymore since Trump said we're a bunch of killers like Russia.

Similarly, "why should we have to take in refugees? Other countries don't do it!" So we're no longer the home of the brave and feel no obligation to be different than other countries.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Medicaid needs to be cut back. Medicare cuts restored. (I am on Medicare.)

lol, straight up "gently caress them, I want mine!"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Leaving 15% uncovered, is insane.

Stop repeating statist lies! Before ObamaCare, ANYONE could go to the emergency room and be treated. ANYONE. They weren't "uncovered". And if the idiot Congress would pass a law to allow medical insurance to be sold across state lines--like other insurance-- prices would drop. IMMEDIATELY.

15 posted on 02/05/2017 7:29:34 PM PST by backwoods-engineer (Trump won; I celebrated; I'm good. Let's get on with the civil war now.)

It wasn't because people couldn't go you twit, it's because after they went they'd get a bill for 80,000 bucks. You loving stupid moron

quote:

Leaving 15% uncovered is not insane. Why do you assume people have a right to health insurance? I’m sure there is a sizable percentage of households that lack 50” TVs. I don’t feel a need to use tax money to provide them. Same thing with health insurance. If it’s a priority for you, then find a way to get it. Don’t use the government to make me pay for you.

24 posted on 02/05/2017 7:43:58 PM PST by GodAndCountryFirst

Becuase getting financially broken because you broke your leg is not something people should have to deal with. And because people don't want to be saddled with eternal debt, they don't go and often get worse for it. I swear to loving god, get rid of your medicare you old bastards and see how long it takes to lose your entire savings paying off medical bills. These fuckers don't even know what they're mad at, they're just mad

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 7, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SocketWrench posted:

These fuckers don't even know what they're mad at, they're just mad
It's this, they're mad that other people get things:

Twelve by Pies posted:

quote:

Medicaid needs to be cut back. Medicare cuts restored. (I am on Medicare.)
lol, straight up "gently caress them, I want mine!"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

gently caress it privatize Medicare.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Medicare is the funniest freep topic because you can see the shift from the 1990s as the boomers who bitched about old people getting free stuff start drawing it, and now they've "earned it" while the Gen X freepers call them mooching socialists.

Different topic: I like that it's somehow the Democrats' fault that Republicans don't even have a plan to replace Obamacare. Not even "we proposed a great plan but Democrats filibustered it", just straight-up nah we're too sad to write any bills as long as Democrats exist.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

VitalSigns posted:

Medicare is the funniest freep topic because you can see the shift from the 1990s as the boomers who bitched about old people getting free stuff start drawing it, and now they've "earned it" while the Gen X freepers call them mooching socialists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSXBJOMk5U

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jurgan posted:

Similarly, "why should we have to take in refugees? Other countries don't do it!" So we're no longer the home of the brave and feel no obligation to be different than other countries.

The US has been worse than most of the western world at taking in refugees for a long time, especially when one consider it taking an active role in the conflicts.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

The US has been worse than most of the western world at taking in refugees for a long time, especially when one consider it taking an active role in the conflicts.

Historically we are really quite xenophobic and anti-immigrant despite what the basic public schools teach so yeah.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

Different topic: I like that it's somehow the Democrats' fault that Republicans don't even have a plan to replace Obamacare. Not even "we proposed a great plan but Democrats filibustered it", just straight-up nah we're too sad to write any bills as long as Democrats exist.

"These other people exist and cause me to tilt at windmills and gently caress myself" is like the conservative mantra.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I love laissez-faire free market explanations for how things are supposed to work:

As if the correlation between bad care and that provider going under are 1:1 or instantaneous. A quack doctor could give literally hundreds of people an STD or Cancer before they found out and the free market fixed things. THIS IS THEIR SOLUTION holy gently caress we're all gonna die.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also they are never the people that get food poisoning from tainted food or told by Dr Nick that growth is totally normal in their dream scenarios. They literally want to replace all safety standards with Yelp and think it's great because they are morons. The people DOING it know the score but Libertarian/Republican juniors are just painfully easy to take advantage of.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Couple calls it quits over Trump: Wounds still raw after bitter U.S. election

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

LOL that guy wishes he had those problems. "All these slutty liberal women are throwing themselves at my Trumpster penis and have unprotected sex with me so they can trap me in a marriage"

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 7, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The sheer lack of self-awareness here is fascinating. People bragging about buying guns to protect themselves against the government? Not on my Freep!

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Radish posted:

LOL that guy wishes he had those problems. "All these slutty liberal women are throwing themselves at my Trumpster penis and have unprotected sex with me so they can trap me in a marriage"

"Use them for a pump-and-dump. Just sleep with them and never treat them like people."

5 MINUTES LATER

"The gays are promiscuous and have all sorts of degenerate no-strings-attached sex, which is why we should put them all in camps!"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought MGTOW was the male equivalent of separatist feminism where they just stay away from the feeemales altogether?

I support it, because it's far better for guys like that to be staying away from women than being MRAs/PUAs.

Lord Hydronium posted:

The sheer lack of self-awareness here is fascinating. People bragging about buying guns to protect themselves against the government? Not on my Freep!
Also this.

I imagine what they actually said was "we've bought some guns now, like you" which they interpreted as a threat because Freepers interpret every interaction as hostile.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

VitalSigns posted:

I don't call them moochers as much as greedy old fucks that have to have their way to the moment they die.

They'd just patrol with G43's instead.

But just look how all those ni...urban ferals run out on the mother!

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 7, 2017

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Guavanaut posted:

I thought MGTOW was the male equivalent of separatist feminism where they just stay away from the feeemales altogether?

I support it, because it's far better for guys like that to be staying away from women than being MRAs/PUAs.

A venn diagram of MGTOWs and MRAs would be a single circle. They're not separate things, they're completely intertwined.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
No as a matter of fact MGTOW is based on the idea of them renouncing women forever and cutting them entirely out of their lives (though of course they still bitch about them all the time), MRAs just want to yell at women until they submit.

I am all for MGTOW because the core concept is to stay away from women and that really is best for all involved. Those men just take their balls and go home.

Also :laffo: at finding MGTOW mentioned on freep. I mean it's an obvious fit but still, I didn't think I'd see that cross-over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

"Use them for a pump-and-dump. Just sleep with them and never treat them like people."

5 MINUTES LATER

"The gays are promiscuous and have all sorts of degenerate no-strings-attached sex, which is why we should put them all in camps!"

If that guy has ever had any sex that wasn't bought-and-paid for, I'm Michael loving Jordan.