Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Abugadu posted:

I think my jaw was open for a few seconds when Freeman lined up directly across from Ninkovich or whoever got that strip sack, never moved his feet or made a move at him when he blitzed, and then half-assedly turned around like 'oh yeah i need to block or something' a few seconds late. It was like high-school level bad.

Right before that Coleman went out.

Freeman is of the jimmy graham school of blocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Realtalk: Not counting any Super Bowl wins by your favorite team, do you consider this the best Super Bowl ever? I'd have to say yes at this point. I remember the Cards/Steelers game fondly too, but I think this one tops them for the comeback and OT win.

I mean I'm a Giants fan so biased as poo poo:

SB42 cannot be beat in terms of a David vs. Goliath scenario. A wild card team defeats an undefeated team in the last minutes of the game. That last Giants drive is crazy on it's own. (Off the top of my head) Two almost interceptions, a 4th down play, the Tyree catch, and Plaxico being wide-loving-open. Then the Pats last possession is wild with a big sack, and just-missed bombs to Moss.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Abugadu posted:

I think my jaw was open for a few seconds when Freeman lined up directly across from Ninkovich or whoever got that strip sack, never moved his feet or made a move at him when he blitzed, and then half-assedly turned around like 'oh yeah i need to block or something' a few seconds late. It was like high-school level bad.

I am 90% certain that was a blown audible/blocking assignment problem, and not Freeman's fault. The o-line should have shifted right, and it would have been Freeman's job to pick up an extra coming from the weak side. That is why he is looking that way. If no one comes, Freeman would release out into the flat that was just vacated by the tight end Hooper (who was absolutely mugged on that play for at least 10 yards down the field). He doesn't see anyone extra coming on the weakside, turns to release, and catches Hightower at the last second. Too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x82XxhYZXzY

Blacktooth fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 6, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Got a solid 6? hours of sleep.

Still feel horrible. Still want to die.

I didn't feel this bad the day after the election.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

Posts like this are why I was rooting for the patriots :D

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Josh Lyman posted:

Seriously, football is just a dumb game we watch for fun. It's played by jerks we have no reason to care about personally. Atlanta blowing a game because they are dumb is not comparable to bad things happening in real life.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I love how people in the media are now saying that this game parallels everything, from Tom Brady's career (yes, winning 3 Super Bowls in your first 5 years in the league is the equivalent of being down 25 in the 3rd quarter) or the Patriots 2016 season, where they lost a grand total of 2 games.

Looking forward to Trump, Brady, Kraft, Belichick living it up at the White House.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

It is a ABEAUTIFUL morning

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I haven't slept. I went to the Pats Pro Shop at 5:30 and got my t shirt and hat because I'm a slave to consumerism. Feels good!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

:agreed:

Now why aren't you 5 RING SHRIMP yet?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I haven't slept. I went to the Pats Pro Shop at 5:30 and got my t shirt and hat because I'm a slave to consumerism. Feels good!

That is badass of you. Wow. I'm gonna have to get some stuff soon but wow

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

sean10mm posted:

:agreed:

Now why aren't you 5 RING SHRIMP yet?

I'm on my phone. I'll do it sometime today 🙄🙄🙄

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I love this man!!!!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wish people would write think pieces about how I overcame so much in high school and college stacking the deck against me, but then again I never got caught cheating and the one time I got involved in a cheating scandal it was more the fault of the guy who peer pressured me into giving my answers to our Paleontology lab final.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hi all, posting to remind you that Tom Brady is a cheating, bitchcrafted fuckboy.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

sector_corrector posted:

Hi all, posting to remind you that Tom Brady is a cheating, bitchcrafted fuckboy.

TRUMP!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good to know that you are also a bitchcrafted fuckboy.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

Oh no! Damnit!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

Looking forward to Trump, Brady, Kraft, Belichick living it up at the White House.

least surprising post i've ever seen

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Still in disbelief that the Pats have won twice now due to some some of the worst playcalling in the history of sports.

Satan is really keeping up his end of the bargain with Belichick.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
What how can this be real

Patriots: 93 plays
Falcons: 47 plays

:pwn: :wtc: :pwn:

BTW NFL overtime is loving garbage stupidity and should be changed to be like college.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Guys you cant complain about losing to the electoral college AFTER playing by its rules

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

JonathonSpectre posted:

BTW NFL overtime is loving garbage stupidity and should be changed to be like college.

It is. Pats threw 63 times and had a couple long drives fizzle out or turned it over. Atlanta couldn't convert 3rd downs either

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

JonathonSpectre posted:

Falcons had a defensive touchdown.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That just happened.

Wow.

I'm gonna make some ribs. I took the day off.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Still in disbelief that the Pats have won twice now due to some some of the worst playcalling in the history of sports.

Satan is really keeping up his end of the bargain with Belichick.

At least 3 actually: Andy Reid's Eagles did seemingly the longest 2 minute drill in history to clinch the game for the Pats.

The boring truth, once you get past all the crying and shouting by angry fans of not-Patriots, is that most NFL teams are run by people too dumb to run NFL teams.

Assembling an owner/GM/coach/QB combo where none of the people involved are loving incompetent is like winning the lottery. Even the other consistently good teams in the league nowadays (Steelers, Packers, Ravens, Seahawks) have a gaping hole in competence somewhere in there that holds them back. The Falcons OC outright blew the Super Bowl, and he's getting a head coaching job, which in a way is all you need to know.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Tom Brady is the best

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm gonna eat an extra large pizza by myself and hope it gives me a heart attack.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Enjoy Kyle San Francisco

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

Right before that Coleman went out.

Freeman is of the jimmy graham school of blocking.

Jimmy Graham blocks now, it just turns out it's kind of a waste of Jimmy Graham to use him for that.

This SB was objectively not as good as XLIX, and I say that as a Seahawks fan. That game had punches and counterpunches, some crazy swings down the stretch. This had the Pats playing like hot trash for three quarters and then the Falcons making GBS threads it all away in a fashion that was totally predictable depressingly early in the comeback.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Worse choke job?

Warriors and the Indians blowing a 3-1 lead in the finals/world series?

Or blowing a 25 point lead in the super bowl in the second half?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

FuzzySkinner posted:

Did Belichick take away one or two of his weapons like he's akin to doing?

I'm trying to remember a strategy he employed with the Bills when he was with the Giants, but I believe it was something similar.

Against Buffalo he started only 2 linemen and took away the slant pattern from Reed and Lofton. Pretty much shut Kelly down cold and Buffalo never adjusted.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

The Dave posted:

I mean I'm a Giants fan so biased as poo poo:

SB42 cannot be beat in terms of a David vs. Goliath scenario. A wild card team defeats an undefeated team in the last minutes of the game. That last Giants drive is crazy on it's own. (Off the top of my head) Two almost interceptions, a 4th down play, the Tyree catch, and Plaxico being wide-loving-open. Then the Pats last possession is wild with a big sack, and just-missed bombs to Moss.

A fellow Giants fan, but trying to be as unbiased as I can. There was history riding on that game, first 19-0 team. Brady (at the time) throwing most TDs in a season, Moss catching most TDs in a season. For me that's why it's always going to be at the top

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Febreeze posted:

This is a weird question to ask a sports fan on a sports fan forum

It's weird that a ton of sports fans keep getting mad about trump in tff so here we are.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Rabid Snake posted:

Worse choke job?

Warriors and the Indians blowing a 3-1 lead in the finals/world series?

Or blowing a 25 point lead in the super bowl in the second half?

Blowing a 25point lead with only 18 minutes left in regulation by far.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
I would like to thank Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins for their contributions to this achievement. Mitchell and Thuney were key pieces and Collins.... was addition by subtraction or some bullshit I dunno. Hope the Browns get a comp third!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That Which Squeaks posted:

I would like to thank Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins for their contributions to this achievement. Mitchell and Thuney were key pieces and Collins.... was addition by subtraction or some bullshit I dunno. Hope the Browns get a comp third!

The browns signed Collins to an extension

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shirts and skins posted:

Jimmy Graham blocks now, it just turns out it's kind of a waste of Jimmy Graham to use him for that.

This SB was objectively not as good as XLIX, and I say that as a Seahawks fan. That game had punches and counterpunches, some crazy swings down the stretch. This had the Pats playing like hot trash for three quarters and then the Falcons making GBS threads it all away in a fashion that was totally predictable depressingly early in the comeback.

the seahawks/pats is the best bowl no question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm glad of the Patriots winneing,

• Locked thread