Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Pick posted:

slutty careerist

Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD04M17chno

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's impressive that you guys manage to turn every subject into a boring rear end-derail

quote:

Me [48 F] with my husband's [48 M] colleague[23 F] of a year, everyone except me loves her and I'm going crazy

i would have chalked this up to jealousy until the end but :eyepop: that got really mean-spirited towards the end

she seems like not a very nice person and it wouldn't be surprising if it was impacting her marriage

quote:

It doesn't take a master manipulator to get the affections of a bunch of STEM geeks. It's not just jealousy on my part, she really is a flirt/tease.

He doesn't tell me about the office anymore because I didn't like all the stories about Brit.

He's never smiled with me the way he smiles with her, though. He comes home laughing, but I can never make him laugh like that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

[My [28F] boyfriend [30M] of 18 months has gotten my sister [21F] pregnant. What do I do now?

The people involved: Me, Roslyn 28F. My (ex)boyfriend, Christopher, 30M. My sister, Aimee, 21F.

I'm obviously not that bright. Christopher and I have been together for about a year and a half. We moved in together about a year ago. He doesn't work at the moment, I work full time. He's always gotten along really well with my family, which I was very happy about. I have three sisters and a brother, and we're all quite close.

I found out recently that while I've been at work, he's had my younger sister Aimee over. Aimee phoned me before a family get-together to say that she was pregnant. I was happy for her, but a bit wary - Aimee wasn't in a relationship, and she's quite naive and believes in true love, so I was pretty sure she wasn't the type for one night stands. I congratulated her, and she started crying, and told me that the baby is Christopher's, and they've been seeing each other since he lost his job, about a year ago.

I'm sorry if this sounds very detached. I've done my crying, and I've done my anguish, and now I would like practical advice about what to do next. I packed a bag and my cat, and have moved in with another of my sisters until I can find my own place.

Christopher has been texting and calling non-stop. So has Aimee. I don't particularly want anything to do with either one of them. Here are the areas I'm looking for advice (though any in general is welcome)

What precautions should I take for getting the rest of my things from the flat? Christopher is not violent; I am in no fear of him harming me, but I am quite sure that he would hide things, and harass me about staying with him. I'd also like advice on how to get it through to him that I no longer want anything at all to do with him, and if I never saw him again, it would be too soon.

How do I tell Aimee that I don't wish to have contact with her right now? We were very close before this, and I don't want to break her heart as badly as she's broken mine. I also don't want to see or speak to her until I have calmed down, and I can forgive.

How do I start forgiving Aimee? I would very much appreciate any advice here, because I don't want to resent her forever.
If I've missed anything important, please let me know. My head is all over the place at the moment.

TLDR: My boyfriend got my sister pregnant. What do I do now?

Edited - My proof-reading skills are poor today.

Run.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That woman is far more forgiving than I'd hope to ever be because she's already envisioning reconciling with her sister after she went behind her back for a year

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

corn on the cop posted:

it's impressive that you guys manage to turn every subject into a boring rear end-derail

i would have chalked this up to jealousy until the end but :eyepop: that got really mean-spirited towards the end

she seems like not a very nice person and it wouldn't be surprising if it was impacting her marriage

I don't get why people who have a problem with group chat don't just do what I do a majority of the time, just scroll past until you see a content post. Ignoring the white noise isn't difficult :shrug:

I totally agree about that lady. At first I sympathized with her because I think everyone has run into someone like that and it always helps highlight our weak spots. But holy poo poo if that didn't get more and more mean as the post went on :stare:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:cripes: one of the lucky women who can have multiple orgasms and it's wasted on a guy who gets drunk and blames her for his dick not working

i cannot loving believe this guy

i just cannot believe it

54 40 or gently caress posted:

He done broke he own dick

he could fix it by just not jerkin his gurkin for a few weeks

it always blows me away when you see a story about a dude who has problems like this and just won't stop masturbating (or drinking / using coke before they have sex)

corn on the cop posted:

it's got to hurt a lot to see your partner making bedroom eyes at a woman half your age, after the spark from your marriage has already started to fade

Brit is probably not at fault for any of this, but this lady's husband sure sounds like an rear end in a top hat

she's obviously got some problems but jesus dude if he really talks about hot young girl from the office all the time he's kind of a clueless prick

edit: I just saw the part where she was freaking out about how much the dog likes That Whore tho so maybe she really is just crazy, I think it's a little bit of both though

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 6, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do not stick with a whiskey dick.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

Do not stick with a whiskey dick.

especially when they blame you for it

protip: if somebody blames you for something that's happening to them because of drugs or alcohol on a regular basis, you should not be friends or in a relationship with that person

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

it's got to hurt a lot to see your partner making bedroom eyes at a woman half your age, after the spark from your marriage has already started to fade

Brit is probably not at fault for any of this, but this lady's husband sure sounds like an rear end in a top hat

she's obviously got some problems but jesus dude if he really talks about hot young girl from the office all the time he's kind of a clueless prick

edit: I just saw the part where she was freaking out about how much the dog likes That Whore tho so maybe she really is just crazy, I think it's a little bit of both though

just reading that post I don't know how you could possibly fault the husband for finding the company of a woman who isn't a Disney villainess a breath of fresh air

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

just reading that post I don't know how you could possibly fault the husband for finding the company of a woman who isn't a Disney villainess a breath of fresh air

Every post, there's a race between Mirthless and ArbitraryC to play Devil's Advocate.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

My (22F) best friend (20F) is sleeping with my neighbor (26M). She is in love with him, and refuses to heed my warnings that he is a dangerous drug addict. Now she is accusing me of being jealous.Non-Romantic

submitted 8 hours ago by Megatulips

ughh this whole situation is so upsetting and confusing

My best friend came over my house, and on her way out she saw my neighbor, Ervin. A small chit chat apparently turned into a 3 hour conversation, he was shirtless, which is what kept her there obviously. Apparently they talked about life and poo poo, and at the end he romantically kissed her. She was ecstatic, telling me he was the most handsome man she has ever seen and all that.

Then he took her on a date to a SUPER fancy place, then another one, then they finally had sex. She said it was the greatest sex she had ever had.

The thing is, I KNOW Ervin. Ive slept with him before as well. He is a cokehead party monster who hangs out with sketchy characters. His parents are all types of hosed up people, his entire lifestyle is run off their parents money from Azerbaijan. I know what she meant about it being the best sex she had ever had, he was for me too, easily. He is insanely handsome, buff, well endowed (like, really, really big down there) and wealthy. But he is a reckless, horrible person who abuses cocaine drat near every day and spends his time at nightclubs all the time.

I have warned her time and time again about him. She refuses to listen, its been 2 months since they first kissed and she is over there drat near everyday. She doesnt care about my warnings, all she wants is Ervin.

The thing is, she had only had sex once before Ervin. She is super inexperienced, and I think when she had sex with Ervin it literally broke her sexually, it destroyed any preconceived notions of what sex could be. That is how good this mans dick is. And he is also handsome (think a mix between rob pattinson and george clooney) and wealthy... he seems like the absolute perfect man on the outside, but he is a self destructive NIGHTMARE on the inside, fights, guns, clubs, drugs, every bad thing you can imagine.

I am not jealous, I was actually kind of happy for her when they first hosed because i knew it would be amazing. what do i do not like is her delusions that he actually cares, or that she THINKS i am jealous. Like, nah, i am actually trying to warn her!

the thing is, now my best friend is mad at me. She has basically gotten pissed off at me and stopped responding, we got into this huge fight over this because i kept on insisting that his good dick was NOT worth it and that he was dangerous, and she kept saying she wanted to be with him forever and he wants to be with her forever etc... its a bad situation. He is using her.

What do I do? Theres an old saying, Good dick will imprison you. This applies very heavily here.

tl;dr: Best friend is going out with my neighbor, a hyper attractive Azeri man with lots of money, but he is a drug addict and very sketchy and she doesnt seem to care.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I can see how your spouse constantly talking about how great the new young woman at the office is could be pretty irritating.

That said we probably have an unreliable narrator here.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
It honestly sounds like he's loving dumb if he's tone deaf enough to talk about the Hot Perfect Young New Girl is in front of his wife without being able to realize why that might make her mad. He probably wants to bone her or if they don't have kids, maybe he sees her as a daughter or some such.

She's clearly got some serious self esteem poo poo and it was actually a little insane to watch the vitriol in her post escalate. Dresses, that show off her curves, the little slut!!!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

yeah I can see how it would be refreshing to have an intelligent and friendly young woman working for you in an office full of neck beard programmers, especially if your wife is the type to think people like that are FREEWHEELING MANIPULATIVE SLUTS

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also it's really not a woman's fault in everyone in the workplace wants to gently caress her. like it doesn't even really matters what she wears, she works around engineers so

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
Good dick will imprison you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's like Marcela in Don Quixote. I mean dang she can't even avoid it so tits in or tits out, it's all the same.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

Mr. Belding posted:

Good dick will imprison you.

Who will free Best Friend from her cage of dick?

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

'Theres an old saying, Good dick will imprison you.'

I've never heard this saying before, but everyone I know will be hearing it soon enough as I sagely stroke my chin and solemnly pronounce 'good dick will imprison you'.

Also my prescription for the jealous wife is get a job. It sounds like a whole whirlwind of her insecurities are roosting on this poor girl, but I honestly bet if she got out of the house and took up whatever aspect of her life she found rewarding before husband and kids she'd feel a lot better about herself.

Like, of course she stews in jealous rage, she's been a housewife for two decades. Her kids are clearly both in high school and one of them is applying to colleges. She poured her whole life into being a wife and mother and doesn't feel appreciated, plus her children will both be out of the house soon.

It's still super hosed up of her to project all of this onto someone else, but housewife OP desperately needs a hobby or a meaningful job (volunteering counts) before she burns down the house while still inside.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Got good dick
Can confirm

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Tiny Deer posted:

I've never heard this saying before, but everyone I know will be hearing it soon enough as I sagely stroke my chin and solemnly pronounce 'good dick will imprison you'.

Pretty sure it's from a Disney movie.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Got good dick
Can confirm

Who from?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This is sad. Another young mind warped by 4chan. At least he's a coward I guess

quote:

My [42M] son [16M] has become a vitriolic racist, and I don't know what to do about it.

I'm divorced and have primary custody of my only son, who's 16. Lately he's become incredibly racist. I am currently engaged to my fiance, who is black, and I'm worried that his extreme racism might jeopardize our relationship.

I noticed it started a while back, it started off really mild and became worse. First he just started making casual jokes about black people, negative comments here and there. It bothered me but I thought he was just being a typical teenage jerk.

Then I noticed he was using the 'N' word more and more often. He would say extremely horrible things about black people and other ethnic groups which I don't wish to type out here.

When I introduced him to my girlfriend (my now fiance), he was very polite and charismatic to her. After she left, he unleashed a tirade of slurs against me and her, calling me a "race-traitor".

I tried speaking with his teacher at school to find out if he's been around any bad types of people or done anything worrying at school, but apparently he's a perfect goody two shoes at school.

I've been trying to modify his behavior and get him to normalize, but it just leads to fights and arguments. He put up a racist poster in his room, I took it down and tore it apart, and he got angry because I was interfering in his room.

I've taken away his computer currently because I thought he might be getting this radical influence from the internet, but I let him use my computer whenever he needs ONLY for school projects and under my supervision.

I really don't know what to do. His mother is a hopeless waste and out of the picture, neither of us have contacted her for years. I'm ashamed to open up about what he's turning into to anybody I know closely, I'm ashamed that my parents or friends might find out my son has become this vitriolic racist and they might think I made him this way. But he acts so nice around other people, its only in private that he shows his true opinions.

I'm afraid my fiance might find out about his true opinions and this might permanently cancel our marriage. If we get married and he's still like this, it will be a nightmare scenario.

Please help me, I really love my son, despite all his faults. I know in his heart he's a good person, I don't know why he's become overcome with this sudden hatred. I know at the heart of his soul he's full of love and empathy, I really hope this racism is just a rebellious phase that he will pass soon and look back on and laugh at one day.

Any ideas?

tl;dr: My son has become a vitriolic racist, called me a "race-traitor" for becoming engaged to a black woman and he regularly uses the 'N' word and says racist things often.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

She's clearly got some serious self esteem poo poo and it was actually a little insane to watch the vitriol in her post escalate. Dresses, that show off her curves, the little slut!!!

"Careerist slut" was a particularly illuminating phrase.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

WampaLord posted:

"Careerist slut" was a particularly illuminating phrase.

Which is exactly my life goal :getin:

Punkin Spunkin posted:

:trumppop:

I'd say tell him to shut the gently caress up and take his internet away until he's normal again but these are the types who will kill their parents in their sleep

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 6, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This is really sad. gently caress you internet for radicalizing these young white boys.

The dad needs to force his kid into activities where there will be black people present. Clubs or sports or something. Exposure to other types of people over time is the only "cure" for racism.

Since the kid is smart enough to hide his racist crap in public, he'll end up befriending a black kid or something and while it might not fix him entirely it might be the only shot.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

WampaLord posted:

Every post, there's a race between Mirthless and ArbitraryC to play Devil's Advocate.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tiny Deer posted:

I prefer to think of it as a gypsy curse, like from a sexy Twilight Zone episode

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I (22M) Broke up with GF (22F), kicked her out of my house at night and she ended up getting assaulted.

Met this girl at university a year and a half ago and we've been dating ever since.

I come from a well off family so I've been able to support myself and her for about the year we've been living together, bought her a car, paid for 2 trips and just general living expenses while she studied and finished her last year of university.

Turns out the last 2 times she said she was 'going to study' she was actually cheating on me. So as you can expect, when I found out. I absolutely lost it.

Long story short, after yelling at her for a few hours, i kicked her out of my house, but first I took her car keys and wallet (I loving paid for them) I gave her, her university ID and drivers license and told her to get the gently caress out.

The next part comes from her FB post, but she tried to walk to the train station which is about a 20 minute drive away at 1am, ended up getting mugged, or at least an attempted mugging, when the guy found out she didn't have anything, he punched her in the face, she posted a picture of the black eye online.

And now I feel really bad. I didn't want that to happen. Should I leave her alone? Apologize?

TLDR Kicked exgf out of my house late at night, she ended up getting robbed.

Reddit posted:

How was she abusive? Did she use him? Likely yes. But cheating on someone and gold digging, while lovely, are not abusive.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

somebody get me outta this wack-rear end dick prison

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Fullhouse posted:

somebody get me outta this wack-rear end dick prison

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/807831870641577984

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

the worst dick prison involves a childhood dare and a chinese finger trap

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

It honestly sounds like he's loving dumb if he's tone deaf enough to talk about the Hot Perfect Young New Girl is in front of his wife without being able to realize why that might make her mad. He probably wants to bone her or if they don't have kids, maybe he sees her as a daughter or some such.

They have two kids who are almost out of the house, 16 and 17 year olds. I mean, if he was going to destroy their marriage and bail on it to chase after a 20-something, now would be the time to do it

Like I said, lady is clearly nuts but I can at least understand why she is paranoid about it (to a point) and he is probably not helping things

She is still very clearly in the wrong but something we should have learned from most of these r/relationship posts is that both parties are usually involved in how toxic their relationship is

WampaLord posted:

It's incredible that you manage to overblow everything I say into devil's advocate. stop obsessing about my posting you weirdo.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 6, 2017

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Family forcing my [29F] hand in order to meeting my [25M] boyfriend

submitted 12 hours ago by Dolliesimpson

We have been together almost a year and live together. I met his mom but not his dad's side. He had met my sister (closest family).

I have told my family and my BF many times that I am not ready for them to meet. My family is a little rough around the edges (read: white trash ex-drug addicts with no teeth). My BF swears he can't be scared off but I still wanted to wait a while longer. It's not about him, everyone loves my BF and I love showing him off. I'm just embarrassed about my parents (it was a problem in my last relationship, my ex even made fun of them).

Anyway, my sister and her husband asked to crash at our place tomorrow night because we live close to the airport, and they fly home tomorrow. They said my brother would drive them and we would all go to dinner tomorrow. I said okay, my BF can meet one of my brothers. Fine.

Then tonight she tells me that instead both of my parent will drive them and we will all go out to an expensive dinner in Beverly Hills. I am not happy because it forces my hand in showing my family my new apartment for the first time and meeting my BF. There is no option to get out of dinner that isn't rude to one or more parties (like having the BF stay home and asking my parents not to come in).

Do I have to suck it up and let them meet? Is it fair for me to be upset that I didn't get to pick when they meet?

TL/DR- Sister organized a dinner for my parents to meet my BF knowing I wasn't ready. Is there a way out that's not rude?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
:sever::murder:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

feign illness

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

My daughters [16] hockey teammate [17] is gay, My wife wants to stop her hockey lessons

submitted 22 hours ago by throwaaway94875

My wife and I raised our daughter to understand a marriage can only exist between man and woman in our country. But laws have changed since. I do not hate homos, I do not like homos, I just ignore them.

Our daughter told us today after her hockey session, and told us about her teammate (different school, but good friends) is gay. I said that alright, but my wife was fuming, telling her it was her last session and she is not to talk with her again, saying it was unsafe to speak to her or be in the changing room with her.

The girls do get changed together, go eat together after practice and games, and often get car lifts together. This is normal social stuff. I don't think being friends with a homo will make my daughter a homo, she just needs to ignore and play hockey.

If not sure if my wife is overreacting, are girls this close? Is there a risk of my daughter learning about the wrong type of relationships? How can I let her go to hockey with a re-enforced understanding of what is normal and what is not. Social bonding with her friends is important.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

oh jesus loving christ the language choices in this post :barf:

everything about this post, really

i mean if there's any sport you can safely bet gay daughters are going to be in, it's hockey, but somehow i doubt anyone ever became gay from hockey or exposure to gay hockey players.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

redditors loving love the sound of their own keystrokes so here's some high points

Me [30 F] with my husband [34 M] of 10 years, I'm pregnant and he blew hundreds of dollars at the strippers.

quote:

For one thing, it's not something either of us do. He's always told me that strip clubs make him uncomfortable and he has no desire to go, even when I've offered to go with him. For another, I'm 6 months pregnant and incredibly self-conscious about my body right now, he knows this. The idea of him going to sit in a private room and pay a woman money to look at her body up close makes me feel nauseous. I got angry immediately and I asked him what the hell he spent 600 dollars on at the strip club and he said he bought both himself and paul several lap dances.

My [24 F] boyfriend [26 M] of ~5 years cheated on me last night but said he was “yolo-ing” because he has a terminal illness and I have no idea what to do. I am absolutely heartbroken.

quote:

I was horrified and felt absolutely crushed. I asked him why he would do something like this, and he snapped, “It’s not loving fair! You got laid in high school a bunch (note: I had sex with two guys before John) and I never got to experience anything other than you! It’s like yolo, or whatever the gently caress that saying is, I don’t loving care, I have loving cancer and I’m going to die! Guess what! You only live once right? I might as well do whatever the gently caress I want while I'm still alive!” or something to that affect. I was in shock and had absolutely nothing to say.

I [M18] had sex with my sister [F18] and the guilt is killing me.

quote:

My sister and I were inseperable, we must have thousands of pictures of us playing together and holding hands as kids. But then we became teenagers and we grew apart a bit. We still talked a lot, she would tell me about her boyfriends and I would tell her about my girlfriends and stuff. But it wasn't like it was before, when we were basically attached at the hip. I think our parents deliberately split us up because it got a bit weird.