Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But he's such a good boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

cakesmith handyman posted:

Asking $800 for something that they admit they paid $500 for but no longer runs. Nice.

I think they're saying they paid $500 for the tires..

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CharlesM posted:

Yay I finally got around to doing a clean lap of the Nordschleife with the Aztek. Unfortunately the Xbox DVR only captures 5 minutes at a time so I'd have to make multiple clips of the replay to get the whole thing but it's not really worth watching it all. It's just for fun :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl3N1vD7UO4

I love your livery.

edit: oh, yeah, there was a sports thing today, right? Yay winning team!
(I didn't even watch for the commercials this year. I got some poo poo done around the house, and watched Voltron.)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

slothrop posted:

drat it Lydia, give them back.

IOwnCalculus posted:

You are a dog!

They don't even fit.

:golfclap:

Rhyno you should buy an M3. Seriously any generation M3 and the nicest one you can afford. You can then sell both your MS6 and Miata. I sold my MS6 over three years ago for an M3 twice as old and twice the miles. The MS6 was a good car but the E36 made me an M3 idiot.

No Ragrets.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not a BMW fan at all. I've driven a few M3s and just don't dig them.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://gfycat.com/UltimateEducatedHalcyon.mp4

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That plate makes it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

kastein posted:

You wanted to mantrans swap it right? Used nv4500s for diesels sell for 1300 or more... in junkyard pull condition. I sell gas v8 ones that won't even fit the diesel for up to 1200 when I find them. You dodged a bullet, really.

Nah, if I had bought it I would've just run it with the slushbox. Don't need a third project, I need a vehicle that will last until I get the cruiser done because the Mazda has failed me.

I just thought it would be a good choice because I work with a bunch of mopar guys and could've probably unloaded it on one of them after I was done with it.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 6, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

I'm not a BMW fan at all. I've driven a few M3s and just don't dig them.

Buy a Subaru!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SquirrelGrip posted:

i now own a 180sx in its glorius motherland

how good is it

CA18 or SR20?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Surely an unmolested 180SX MUST be obtaining unicorn status...?

Calling it now, those are gonna be worth a bomb in 20 years in stock form.

Edit : Just out of interest, who are the main single marquee car hoarders here? Kastein I know is Jeeps, CommieGIR is Audis, I've gone crazy with Subarus.... anyone else?

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 6, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Seriouspost for a sec :

You know what I'm feeling the real lack of? Mates who want to at the very least point and laugh as I repair another loving Subaru. I cant complain about life too much, putting everything in perspective I might be broke right now and been having a hard time getting on top of injury and sickness fitnesswise but you know I cant say poo poo is bad. I'm sure curveballs are coming so I'll enjoy it while I can..... but still, 47 and I just dont have much in common with men near my own age. I had my divorce much earlier, I dont have kids, I'm not really career focused and I prefer spending time after work on the bike or swimming rather at the pub or home wrangling children stressing out over mortages and the other billion things a family gives you. I have this absurd freedom where I can just choose to ride 100kms whenever I feel like it, I can play with my cars, I have my cats and stuff.... but I have so little in common with anyone close to my age. I cant BS about families and that side of life (and I have no interest in it) and there's so few on the other side that can or do share my passions in life.

Hell, the men of my age that are reaching divorce and relationship problem time are more interested in hitting the piss or trying to delude themselves in thinking they can bang young secretaries... or try to relive a misspent youth that they are too fat and unfit to really do anymore. I just look at that and I'm just....ugh. No bloody thanks.

I dunno, there's something so genuinely relaxing and carthic about talking poo poo while spannering cars. When I got my own place about 15 years ago there was a group of us that would sit around the VR4 and do a few odd jobs but the main point was always talking poo poo and hanging out. We eventually built a pretty formidible car as an aside too :)

I even have one hell of a project that can do with some spare hands. Or just a few people sitting around pointing and laughing as I gently caress something up. Kinda a pity I'm doing this one on my own, it would be fun to share with a few fellow idiots.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I used to do fc rx7s but i don't do anything now

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

SR with a t28

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

SquirrelGrip posted:

SR with a t28

brap brap, sounds fun.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Surely an unmolested 180SX MUST be obtaining unicorn status...?

Calling it now, those are gonna be worth a bomb in 20 years in stock form.

Edit : Just out of interest, who are the main single marquee car hoarders here? Kastein I know is Jeeps, CommieGIR is Audis, I've gone crazy with Subarus.... anyone else?

Stock ones are already starting to climb at a pretty good rate. I'm half tempted to buy a 100% stock, under 100k mile one then drive it once a month and see where values go. I'm sure the girlfriend would love another vehicle getting garage space instead of her truck.

I'm near hoarding status on old BMWs...E21, E28, 3x E30 plus the other several E21s and E30s I've had to flip/partout/race&destory

Has anyone found a link to the last ~45 minutes of the 2017 Bathurt 12 hour race? I didn't finish watching the stream when it was live and the link that pointed to that stream now has all but the last 40 or so minutes. Cuts out right after Ferrari passes Mercedes in the grass

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 6, 2017

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

SquirrelGrip posted:

SR with a t28

:fap:

I swapped an SR20 into an S12 one time and it was much better to work on than the RBs I was used too. Better access and less stuff to go wrong and more power on a stock bottom end most of the time.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Fermented Tinal posted:

Let's also not forget the time you decided to not tell anyone you had no oil, your PO really loved that one (and learned his lesson),

I still don't understand this.

slothrop posted:

drat it Lydia, give them back.

Hi Puppy :)

Darchangel posted:

I love your livery.

I didn't make it, but I think it was the most popular one that someone uploaded :P

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
PO'so wife doesn't know how to check oil and the idiot light never came on until after the rod knock started. No oil at all. Turned out the oil pump gear loosened off amongst other things.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 6, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the offer we put in for the house has been accepted

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

fridge corn posted:

the offer we put in for the house has been accepted
Nice, whats the next step?

I've been looking at condos recently. I don't really make enough money to buy a house, and I don't need a lot of room. Want to get out of the house but I want to pay money towards something I own rather just rent.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cage posted:

Nice, whats the next step?

I've been looking at condos recently. I don't really make enough money to buy a house, and I don't need a lot of room. Want to get out of the house but I want to pay money towards something I own rather just rent.

we need to get the surveyor in to give us a report on the condition of the building and also a solicitor to start dealing with the paperwork

trying to get our mortgage broker on the phone but he's in a meeting 😩

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Buying a house can be a complete ball ache and moving house is too stressful for what is essentially driving a van back and forth. Also gently caress decorating.

But congrats, hope it's all structurally sound and gets sorted quickly. Summer BBQs are where it's at.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah man its an old house so we're hoping for the best. Amazing amount of space for the price/area. Moving will be easy cuz we don't have any furniture lol 😁 😁

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Does anyone have any experience of having clutch pressure plates refaced?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Does anyone have any experience of having clutch pressure plates refaced?
The pressure plate itself? Usually have to have it sent off, but the tolerances for resurfacing are really thin, its why most people just treat the pressure plate as disposable if its damaged.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh for gently caress's sake.

I'm trying to watch One Takes but Youtube has attached loving super bowl ads to every single thing and they're bypassing my ad blocker.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
For my football friends in the thread:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

For my football friends in the thread:

Oh god it hurts so good. gently caress you CommieGIR. :roflolmao:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
hows everyones febtober?

im so god damned busy right now and i love it

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Meh, not bad. Today I drank a fruity shake thing from an overpriced company called Upbeat and it's causing my stomach to cramp up something rotten. I'm now recalling having something of theirs a year or so ago which had a similar effect and kinda tasted like vomit. Probably won't buy anything of theirs again. Hopefully I won't poo poo my pants on the drive home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's up also trying to not poo poo their pants crew!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

What's up also trying to not poo poo their pants crew!

Same. Got drunk last night, haven't slept a second, chugged water now having to rush to the bathroom.

:respek:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got a free Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich and it is not agreeing with me.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Febtober is fun. 6-year anniversary is today, I've finally made the decision to plow ahead a lot with career change, live-band karaoke is this month, all good stuff.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Adiabatic posted:

hows everyones febtober?

im so god damned busy right now and i love it

I spent three hours over the weekend working on a coding challenge for an engineering position at a hedge fund. I fundamentally disagree with the idea that long coding challenges are at all useful, but I also can't back down at an opportunity to gauge how smart I am. Oh, and I need to knock out a 90 minute coding challenge for $ONLINE_RETAILER by Wednesday.

So, kinda good but also busy?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Adiabatic posted:

hows everyones febtober?

Well, I got fired, so...

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

KozmoNaut posted:

Well, I got fired, so...

My centre is giving way. My right is retreating. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I started on a new brain drug. So far it's mostly just made my whole body feel weird (which is normal, the doc warned me about it), but I feel like I'm more able to tell my brain to stfu and let me fall asleep, so that's a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Being a landlord is the loving worst. Not worth the headache for marginal, easily lost returns.

• Locked thread