Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My daughters [16] hockey teammate [17] is gay, My wife wants to stop her hockey lessons

If only teaching your daughter (or son) that being gay is wrong could be considered child abuse. It's a shame that isn't the case because these types of parents need to be removed from society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

redditors loving love the sound of their own keystrokes so here's some high points

Me [30 F] with my husband [34 M] of 10 years, I'm pregnant and he blew hundreds of dollars at the strippers.

Either this guy hosed a stripper or went to a club that makes you think you're going to gently caress a stripper if you spend enough money. Either way, :sever: his penis and then :murder:

quote:

My [24 F] boyfriend [26 M] of ~5 years cheated on me last night but said he was “yolo-ing” because he has a terminal illness and I have no idea what to do. I am absolutely heartbroken.

If he really is dying... :shrug:

If you were 26 and had terminal cancer, would you want to die having only had one sexual partner in your entire life?

he should have broken up with his girlfriend first obviously

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Not sure which would be worse; her husband is dumb enough to spend $600 on lap dances, or that he's lying and bought more than a dance. Edit: beaten

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

redditors loving love the sound of their own keystrokes so here's some high points

My [24 F] boyfriend [26 M] of ~5 years cheated on me last night but said he was “yolo-ing” because he has a terminal illness and I have no idea what to do. I am absolutely heartbroken.
Hahaha I hope this isn't how she found out he's dying of cancer

/r/relationships: It’s like yolo, or whatever the gently caress that saying is

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hahaha I hope this isn't how she found out he's dying of cancer

/r/relationships: It’s like yolo, or whatever the gently caress that saying is

she glosses over it too much, which leads me to believe she knows he's dying and is used to it

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
What's with this quick turnaround

quote:

I am a bigot father, and would like advice on my daughter, her gay friend, and my bigot wife

I posted a relationships post a little while ago, and didn't get the best response. I am a bigot, but I was raised one and married one. Got a PM sending me here.

quote:

My wife and I raised our daughter to understand a marriage can only exist between man and woman in our country. But laws have changed since. I do not hate homos, I do not like homos, I just ignore them.

Our daughter told us today after her hockey session, and told us about her teammate (different school, but good friends) is gay. I said that alright, but my wife was fuming, telling her it was her last session and she is not to talk with her again, saying it was unsafe to speak to her or be in the changing room with her.

The girls do get changed together, go eat together after practice and games, and often get car lifts together. This is normal social stuff. I don't think being friends with a homo will make my daughter a homo, she just needs to ignore and play hockey.

If not sure if my wife is overreacting, are girls this close? Is there a risk of my daughter learning about the wrong type of relationships? How can I let her go to hockey with a re-enforced understanding of what is normal and what is not. Social bonding with her friends is important.

Now I guess I am a bigot, her friend is gay, she cannot change who she is, and I don't any rights to. When I was younger I guess me and my friends were asses (we used to beat this guy up for him being gay), but times have changed.

My daughter will encounter gay people more often, I sort of want her to understand that just because someone else is gay, does not mean you have to be. I don't want to take her out of hockey. I don't want my wife to interfere in my daughters decisions, as my daughter has the right to make her own, and we want her to be open with us (and to have her grandchildren with her husband, as any parent would want for their daughter). How can I get this point across to my wife in a polite and well explained manor?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I [M18] had sex with my sister [F18] and the guilt is killing me.

They grew up exactly apart from one another that they never experienced the westermarck effect, while remaining exactly close enough together to insure that a deep and affectionate bond would form. Being attracted to people with like genetics is extremely common, and with teenage hormones they probably couldn't help themselves. I feel bad for both of them, what a confusing situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

Punkin Spunkin posted:

What's with this quick turnaround

quote:

Now I guess I am a bigot, her friend is gay, she cannot change who she is, and I don't any rights to. When I was younger I guess me and my friends were asses (we used to beat this guy up for him being gay), but times have changed.

My daughter will encounter gay people more often, I sort of want her to understand that just because someone else is gay, does not mean you have to be. I don't want to take her out of hockey. I don't want my wife to interfere in my daughters decisions, as my daughter has the right to make her own, and we want her to be open with us (and to have her grandchildren with her husband, as any parent would want for their daughter). How can I get this point across to my wife in a polite and well explained manor?

this guy seems like an example of somebody who is possibly good and decent but was very clearly ruined by his surroundings and is too set in his ways to change

it's so weird having to reconcile his progressive views towards his daughter's independence (and even his own bigotry) with his extremely awful opinions about gay people

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 6, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

and with teenage hormones they probably couldn't help themselves.

I've never had a sister but I assume I could control myself enough to not gently caress her.

You know, because it's your sister. Not a step sister, an actual sister.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Mirthless posted:

They grew up exactly apart from one another that they never experienced the westermarck effect, while remaining exactly close enough together to insure that a deep and affectionate bond would form. Being attracted to people with like genetics is extremely common, and with teenage hormones they probably couldn't help themselves. I feel bad for both of them, what a confusing situation.

Gonna go out on a limb and suggest that, if you gently caress your sister, knowing they're your sister, you're hosed in the head.

e:f,b

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Mirthless posted:

If he really is dying... :shrug:

If you were 26 and had terminal cancer, would you want to die having only had one sexual partner in your entire life?

he should have broken up with his girlfriend first obviously

I might get poo poo on for this, but gently caress him. This seems like the perfect time to teach him that loving over people who care about you means you get to die your horrible cancer death alone.

Life's about more than getting your dick wet imo.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Charles Get-Out posted:

I might get poo poo on for this, but gently caress him. This seems like the perfect time to teach him that loving over people who care about you means you get to die your horrible cancer death alone.

Life's about more than getting your dick wet imo.

I think loving is exactly what he wants, though.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Charles Get-Out posted:

He 'yolo'd' it and cheated on his girlfriend because he basically doesn't have to deal with the consequences. Actively dying might make you live a little crazy, but gently caress that dude.

That or he just flat out cheated on her and is using the cancer as an excuse.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 6, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The real revenge would be getting cancer and then cheating on him
Stand next to some microwaves while smoking a pack of cigarettes while using eight cellphones at once or something

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Batterypowered7 posted:

I think loving is exactly what he wants, though.

Touche :v:

edit: he coulda done what Mirthless suggested and broken up with her though. I'm guessing he still wants her emotional support which means don't cheat on her.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The real revenge would be getting cancer and then cheating on him
Stand next to some microwaves while smoking a pack of cigarettes while using eight cellphones at once or something

Cure his cancer so he has to live with the consequences, clearly.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
And that's how we found the cure for cancer

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I really like the imprisoned by good dick story. It's refreshing to see a gender-swapped version of "my male 'friend' is insanely petty now that I've begun seeing someone."

What need does repeatedly hear about just how hot this big-dicked playboy serve? Is the idea of being sexually broken or whatever by her best lay ever (and I know, because he was mine too) at all credible?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

I've never had a sister but I assume I could control myself enough to not gently caress her.

You know, because it's your sister. Not a step sister, an actual sister.

Coucho Marx posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and suggest that, if you gently caress your sister, knowing they're your sister, you're hosed in the head.

e:f,b

we can all agree on this but we're not extremely horny 18 year olds dealing with a fundamental biological rule of attraction

I'm not saying "Go out and gently caress your sister, it is cool and good", I am saying "Jeeze, what a confusing and unfortunate situation"

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
a "confusing and unfortunate situation" is 'tripping over your cat in the dark', not 'sleeping with a blood relative'

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Coucho Marx posted:

a "confusing and unfortunate situation" is 'tripping over your cat in the dark', not 'sleeping with a blood relative'

I am referring to the confusion brought on by hormones screaming at you to gently caress somebody you're related to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

I linked these two articles for a reason

The westermarck effect is what keeps you from wanting to gently caress your sister. This is about biological attraction. If he didn't have enough exposure to her when he was younger for the westermarck effect to happen, he literally cannot help being attracted to her (and vice versa) and 18 year olds are not known for their self control or ability to understand the long term consequences of their actions. It is obvious what they should have done (not hosed) but how they got there isn't their fault, it's something that human beings are hard wired to do, and that is what is confusing and unfortunate.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I have a scientific theory: don't gently caress your sister.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Mirthless posted:

I am referring to the confusion brought on by hormones screaming at you to gently caress somebody you're related to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

I linked these two articles for a reason

The westermarck effect is what keeps you from wanting to gently caress your sister. This is about biological attraction. If he didn't have enough exposure to her when he was younger for the westermarck effect to happen, he literally cannot help being attracted to her (and vice versa) and 18 year olds are not known for their self control or ability to understand the long term consequences of their actions. It is obvious what they should have done (not hosed) but how they got there isn't their fault, it's something that human beings are hard wired to do, and that is what is confusing and unfortunate.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

dude you are like a golem of all of the problems in this thread

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

mirthless I think we've heard quite enough about your Hills Have Eyes-assed okie family, either put up with the funny stories or shut up

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Lol you guys are unreal

Sorry this well documented phenomenon offends your delicate sensibilities wrt attraction

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's called ephebophilia and the Greeks considered it the purest fo-

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Mirthless is right, I've seen this happen in one of my Japanese animes.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
yeah, like, we all know it happens, dude, but this is the 'make fun of reddit idiots in relationships' thread and it's weird to see someone not be significantly openly repulsed by criminal incest

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

The keyword is: popcorn

I[25f] think my boyfriend[31m] is trying to train me? 2 years.

quote:

I dont even know what this is. Sorry if this sounds disorganised but he's literally in the bed beside me right now and I'm losing my mind.

He has habit of 'discouraging' me from doing things he dislikes. Not by pointing it out to me, but by physically stopping me. For example, he hates that i bite my nails and to discourage me he slaps my hands out of my mouth. This is weird, right? Like i didn't notice how much he did this until he was visiting for my birthday and i made popcorn so we can watch stranger things on Netflix. I eat quickly. I always have. He decided I was eating the popcorn too fast and smacked my hand away and snapped "slow down!" Like, what? Its the popcorn i paid and made for us, its my loving birthday tomorrow- let me eat popcorn? I feel embarrassed and sad and kind of stunned. I stopped eating it altogether because i was self conscious and he didn't even eat hardly any of it! He wasn't worried i wouldn't leave him any, he just didn't like the way i ate it. What. The. gently caress.

I've sat and thought about this and realized he does this all the time. He tries to grab my ecig because he doesn't like it. He tells me off and smacks my hands away if i eat snacks "too quickly", he slaps my hands out of my mouth if I'm biting my nails and calls me disgusting. I get that these could be annoying habits, but am i wrong to be hurt by how he decides to go about telling me? I've never had any partner take issue with my mannerisms before. I feel like a dog. What do I do here?

Tl:dr; boyfriend smacks hands away from what im doing if its irritating him. Help.

Edit: OK so clearly the fact we will play-fight as a couple doesn't make this acceptable. For people asking there have been times where I'd asked him to stop, which is usually dismissed. Last night was the first time I felt ashamed what I was doing and i told him "I really hate that you do that." He made a frustrated kind of noise and then we both stopped eating it. So i have brought it up, sort of, but i need to address this further. Thank you for all your comments and advice, I really appreciate it.

Me [18F] with my date [21M] went to dinner and the movies and he completely ripped me off.

quote:

Okay so this just happened. I went on a date with a guy I met at the local gym and we decided on a typical dinner/movie date for tonight. He suggested that we split the cost of the date 50/50 by having him pay for the movie tickets as well as the snacks, and I pay for the dinner. I found this to be quite reasonable since he was the one driving and the cost of gas was part of his portion towards the date.

Anyways, we go to dinner and he orders a Chicken Parmesan with pasta and 3 beers and I ordered a chicken salad. I was concerned about him drinking since he was driving, but he assured me it was alright, because we would walk across to the theater and by the time the movie was done he would be sober. The bill came up to around $40, in which $30 was whatever he had.

We get to the theater and we decide to watch the second Maze Runner movie. When it's time to pay the teller, my date takes out two "Free Admit One" coupons to pay for the tickets and shells out no money of his own! I immediately found this unfair as I had shelled out $40 for our dinner and he just used free passes for his portion of the date. When I think about it now, HE was the one who offered to pay for the movie tickets and never brought up the possibility of him paying for the dinner and I pay for the movie tickets.

As frustrated as I was, I just wanted him to buy our popcorn and snacks, and get into our seats so I could just focus on the movie. He suggested that I go and pick out our seats before they get crowded while he waits in line for our snacks. I agreed. Just before the movie starts, he comes back with popcorn and candy in hand. The thing is, the popcorn bag was half full and it looked old and beat up like it has been previously bought by someone else! The candy he brought was in a small drink cup. First, they do not sell assorted candy like the ones he brought up and second they never sell them in drink cups!

I literally was WTF-ing the entire duration of the movie thinking that this guy must have grabbed someones leftover popcorn to claim as our own and perhaps just bought the candy beforehand to sneak into the theater and put them in a soda cup. No I did not eat any of it and made up an excuse that the chicken in the salad might have been bad and upset my stomach.

I do not want to see this guy again, but I can't feel anything, but angry at the fact that I spent $30 on him at dinner, which he knowingly took advantage of and as an opportunity to get drunk on my dime! I work 10-15 hours a week and $30 is a lot of money for me.

I feel like I should maybe ask if he could at least wire transfer me half the cost of dinner? Or at least mention to him how I feel about him using coupons to pay for our date?

This is an awkward situation, because we go to the same gym and see each other regularly so I don't know how exactly I should bring up the issue with our date to him.

TL;DR: Agreed to split a dinner and movie date 50/50, I spent $40 on dinner, while he bought our movie tickets with free coupons and I suspect he "paid" for the popcorn by taking another persons leftover popcorn.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Yeah, but what was dinner with Carl Weathers like?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Lonely Virgil posted:

This woman needs to get out, this is poo poo you'd expect from a parent 'training' a child (badly), not your partner. Age gap strikes again!

Lonely Virgil posted:

Me [18F] with my date [21M] went to dinner and the movies and he completely ripped me off.

This woman needs to ge- oh, never mind. At least she found out early that he's a cheap user rear end in a top hat.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Lonely Virgil posted:

It's kind of funny to see a woman write one of these "my date wasted my money!" posts, you usually see them from MRA types.

The free tickets and strange popcorn/candy is shady as heck and I understand where she's coming from, but she needs to write the loss off. She doesn't intend to see him again which is A+ good.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
So I read my city's subreddit every once in a while. It's not too bad and has discussion on new restaurants, events, and all kinds of stuff that I might miss otherwise. Somehow, I found this raving lunatic...

quote:

So I've posted a few times about moving and I'm so excited but now I'm freaking out! I want to get into a relationship so badly and I'm afraid, I intended to use tinder and bumble and match but what else? I am 26 I want to start a family soon and it hasn't happened yet. I hope Columbus is my fresh start and things are awesome but what can I do to finally find someone?!

The replies are nonstop making GBS threads on her, but she keeps replying for some reason with such gems as:

quote:

No?? I said I am ok with dating someone shortly and getting pregnant by them. That happens to people all the time, my friend was with her guy a month when she got pregnant (they aren't together) but it happens.

quote:

I feel gross using toys it's like embarrassing to me as if I can't get someone but then I feel guilty if I have sex with someone who isn't dating me. I'm a mess. I'm not part of a crazy religion lol I am a Christian but not like super strict. lol I guess I just have to move and see how it goes

quote:

lol toys don't scare me, just masturbating in general makes me feel bad which is weird. It makes me feel like I am a loser which is weird I know. I think I love myself but I think I'm a better person in a relationship

quote:

I really don't want to foster, I want to be pregnant. If I turn like 31 and I'm still single and not with someone I might just try to find someone who would just have a baby with me? I don't think I would ever go to a sperm donor because I think it would be embarrassing, like as if I couldn't get someone. I'll try to not focus on dating for a little bit after I move

It just keeps going and going with a massive comment thread of half serious and half joke replies because it's a city subreddit and doesn't have /r/relationships moderation, but she replies to almost every post with the same desperation. I don't get how she's 26. It's amazing.

She also posted this in /r/relationships:

I [26F] cannot empathize with my friend [24F], we have been friends for about a year

quote:

So my close friend of about a year is annoying me to no end!! So I guess the biggest issue is she has a bf. She met this guy on a dating app that I told her about and they have been together for about 7 months. It makes me mad, I'm 26 I'm dying to find someone to date and marry and have babies with and my friend gets a guy and even though he's not my type he talks to her about marriage and I feel like she flaunts it in front of me. She shouldn't be in a relationship, she still talks to other guys, she was so slutty, she's just not gf material. I am I have a career and a great job and I'm moving to a big city I just need a relationship so bad. Anyways this is affecting our friendship, last night she texted me about how she feels like her life is bad because she's stuck in a crap job and she isn't fully happy in her relationship. I just felt nothing for her, I actually felt good because I just got a job making 12k more than her and we work in the same field. I feel like she complains about her relationship so much but stays. She's always so attention seeking from guys like anytime we go out she has to have all the attention. I just feel like I don't care about this friendship anymore, I want a bf so bad and I'm terrified that I'll move to this big city and still not have anyone. I just don't know what to do, I don't want to end our friendship and I know I'm not rational but it makes me upset all the time

TL;DR: My relationship with my best friend is being affected by her having a relationship and me not, I can't feel bad for her when she complains to me I really just feel annoyed by her more than anything.

It's almost too good to be true, but the fact that she posted it on my city's subreddit with a surprising amount of detail proves otherwise. She also has a post in /r/dating titled "Can you have a relationship with no sex?" :allears:

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Mirthless posted:

oh jesus loving christ the language choices in this post :barf:

everything about this post, really

i mean if there's any sport you can safely bet gay daughters are going to be in, it's hockey, but somehow i doubt anyone ever became gay from hockey or exposure to gay hockey players.

They should put her in a sport with absolutely zero homosexuals, like soccer or softball.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Lonely Virgil posted:

A should get out, and use only positive reinforcement techniques (clicker and treats) in her future relationships
B should definitely ask that guy to Western Union her a refund on the date, though, I'm sure that guy'll be happy to shell out

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

So I read my city's subreddit every once in a while. It's not too bad and has discussion on new restaurants, events, and all kinds of stuff that I might miss otherwise. Somehow, I found this raving lunatic...

The replies are nonstop making GBS threads on her, but she keeps replying for some reason with such gems as:

It just keeps going and going with a massive comment thread of half serious and half joke replies because it's a city subreddit and doesn't have /r/relationships moderation, but she replies to almost every post with the same desperation. I don't get how she's 26. It's amazing.

She also posted this in /r/relationships:

I [26F] cannot empathize with my friend [24F], we have been friends for about a year

It's almost too good to be true, but the fact that she posted it on my city's subreddit with a surprising amount of detail proves otherwise. She also has a post in /r/dating titled "Can you have a relationship with no sex?" :allears:

Haha wow I bet she immediately starts asking all her matches if they ever want to get married and have kids.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lonely Virgil posted:

I like this game. Also that first story is a major :murder:
lol and loving barf to the second story. maybe she just met a homeless dude at the gym in which case I feel pretty bad.

tactlessbastard posted:

Yeah, but what was dinner with Carl Weathers like?
:discourse:

The keyword is:really really cool poo poo man

quote:

M ( 18 y/o ) asked out F ( 17 y/o ) but got a weird answer. Help me please?
I asked this girl out and I got a kinda cryptic answer. I asked " Do you wanna go out with me sometime? " . She replied with a smile " Where do you wanna go out? ". I said I wanted to take her to the movies. She said that she isn't around this weekend or next weekend due to holidays. I asked her to see the Minions movie. She asked when its out. I said the 26th of June and she said that she will create a Facebook account and message me.

Its been almost a month now. Why did she do this to me? I sent her a follow request on Twitter and she hasn't accepted it yet. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or has she just not checked it over the last while. It's tearing me apart. I really liked her. If she didn't want to , could she not have just said no? Would've been a lot simpler. Whats do you guys think?

TL;DR. Asked out a girl. Still no reply. Should I lose hope?

quote:

Should I make a move?
Today I started to think about my ex girlfriend. When I was on facebook, I saw her name appear first on the chat and I felt sad. So I looked on her profile and it says "in a relationship with (bf's name)" I saw what she's been up to for the last 18 months. It looks like in her photos the last time she was in a photo with him was 2 months ago. I started to really think about if I should say anything, but I didn't. I then go check on her twitter, and it says: "My bf is my minion, I love him, great things take time" I believe that was in direct reference to me. I had issues with timing and her appearing happy is just a mask she's putting on. Her bf looks and acts just like me. In the relationship she threw herself at me, but gave up when she found out I wasn't that interested.

So after looking at her twitter, I was SHOCKED. I check back in on the facebook profile, and she CHANGED her relationship status from "in a relationship with..." to "No relationship info to show" I think I had something to do with this, because my facebook posts were in reference to her. I said stuff about regret, memes about girlfriends, etc. What should I do? tl;dr: Ex-gf changes relationship status from in a relationship into no relationship to show because I post things about regret and relationships. I think that's the reason and wondering if I should make a move.

quote:

My mother [48F] has cancer and I [28F] am a jerk
In March, my mother was diagnosed with mucinous carcinoma of the breast, a rare type of breast cancer usually found in women in their 60's-70's. She is 48 and hasn't completely gone through menopause yet. No worries, her doctor said, this type is usually very easy to remove, we caught it early, we caught it small, it's usually non-aggressive,you probably won't even need radiation. So she has surgery to remove the tumor. They have to take more tissue than planned. Doc sends samples of to be tested for...whatever they test for. The results come back a week later and now they let us know she's HER2+. She's told she'll be given the option of radiation treatments every day for 10 days or once a week for 7, something like that. She makes her choice, they run more tests and it is determined that no, she'll need chemo/radiation for a year. Since then, she's had 4 cytoxan/taxotere treatments with herceptin. Today she let me know that she is excited to get to stop the cytoxan/taxotere and have only the herceptin and radiation will start soon. This is when I realized something is wrong with me.

She shares this info with me and all I can think is, "Well, yeah, you told me this 2 weeks ago. It's not unexpected." What is wrong with me?! My mom has been through so much in her life. She was molested by her dad (who gave her Hep C when she was 6), emotionally and mentally abused by her mother, had cervical cancer in her 20's, is shunned by most of her insane family (not necessarily a bad thing, but it still hurts), is the sole provider for her and my dad, and now she has old woman cancer and I can't show her any sympathy?

The thought of losing her makes me sick, but I can't stand to involve myself in any of it. I haven't been to a single doctor visit or treatment appointment. I didn't go to her surgery. I don't know what her treatments are called. I don't know her treatment timeline ("a year"). I barely know what her cancer is called. (I had to Google "mucus breast"). When she makes facebook posts about being a survivor and being brave, I have to fight myself to keep from thinking that no, she's not brave. She didn't choose cancer. All she did was get diagnosed and is getting treated. That's the basic urge to live that most all humans have, not bravery. I have to stop myself from being aggravated that she's calling attention to herself and always talking about the cancer.

People ask me how she's doing and I don't have any details for them. "She's fine. She's tired, but ok." I don't call her or text anymore. I tell people it's because I know her mouth is too sore to talk and she's tired all the time, but that's not it. I just don't feel like it. I don't know what to say to her. I'll just be relaxing at home and suddenly realize I am planning her eulogy in my head. That can't be normal. I love my mother and we were really close before this, but now I don't know what is happening to me. So, I don't know. What do I do? How do I fix this?

tl;dr: I'm an emotional robot and my mom is going to die.

Update: Thanks for the advice y'all. I found someone to talk to about my issues (not a counselor, but close) and my mom is coming up later this week for a family day with us. We are going to talk about how I should be acting around her, then go watch Minions or something.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ask Me For Warez posted:

They should put her in a sport with absolutely zero homosexuals, like soccer or softball.

It's just really goddamn funny they're this upset about a gay female hockey player when 'field hockey player' is synonymous with lesbian in American pop culture

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Me [22 F], my dad [52M], my mom [47F], and my sister [17F] are about to start armageddon...over a HORSE.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Mirthless posted:

It's just really goddamn funny they're this upset about a gay female hockey player when 'field hockey player' is synonymous with lesbian in American pop culture

being a Christian means being largely blind to the reference points of the mentally sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I [19/F] am moving to England to live with my boyfriend [ 23M] will I have to have sex with him ?

quote:

I met him when he came to South Africa (where I am from) to help out at an orphanage, I was helping out there too. He was here for 3 weeks and after he left we kept talking over facetime ...
In November last year he suggested I come and stay with him in England ... I couldn't take not being around him anymore, so I agreed, I got a 6 month visitors visa and I'm heading over there in a week ... I'll see if I can't extend my visa once it runs out ...

This is my first relationship, we've only kissed once, that was my first kiss, I'm scared when I move over there he'll want to take things further, I'm not ready for that and I know he'll be okay with that, but for how long ?

Please help

tl;dr: I'm moving in with my boyfriend and I'm scared he'll want us to do the deed, and I'm not ready for that, I don't know how long he'll tolerate that for.

quote:

Can you explain why this would be a lot of pressure for a new relationship ?

I couldn't buy a plan ticket there, without buying a return ... so I have a return ticket.

quote:

No I've never lived with anyone but my parents ... this is my first relationship and I've never been outside of South Africa.
:cripes: