Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fsif posted:

My favorite is when Patriots fans point to Martellus Bennett, as if the backup tight end who has been on the team for less than a year is an equally valid symbol of the organization as the quarterback, head coach, and owner that have been around since 9/11.

the only patriots jersey i own is malcolm butler. i'm probably gonna buy bennett too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doltos posted:

Thus Eli Manning is actually the best quarterback of all time. Tom Brady doesn't know what he just unleashed. Eli's going to stumble pantless into three consecutive super bowl wins now.

Perfectly spherical Lombardis.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

like kraft has been well-known for a while as one of the most democratic-leaning of the nfl owners and one of the handful that donates to the democrats instead of the republicans

i dunno why he has a blind spot for trump in particular but his politics are much more liberal than almost any other owner

Because they are long time friends, just like Bill and Tom. They probably don't agree with his policies, but for them, as they are not politicians and don't comment on political issues, friendship trumps politics. I guess to some part the fact that they all had to deal with hostile media and perceived unfairness in their professional life makes this bond even stronger.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

like kraft has been well-known for a while as one of the most democratic-leaning of the nfl owners and one of the handful that donates to the democrats instead of the republicans

i dunno why he has a blind spot for trump in particular but his politics are much more liberal than almost any other owner, such as trump endorser and republican superdonor woody johnson

LOL get lost.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

LOL get lost.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/25/nfl-owner-political-donations-republicans-democrats-bob-mcnair-jimmy-haslam-robert-kraft-arthur-blank/

quote:

Top Democrats were neither as generous nor as ideologically rigid. Robert Kraft donated $204,300 from 2008 to 2014 (63.8 percent to Democrats). Arthur Blank spent $177,400 (74.2 percent to Democrats).

kraft is well known as a democrat, he just personally likes trump (i didn't know Blank was, that makes me feel bad for him :smith: )

major character flaw but someone saying woody johnson, an actual trump endorser and major republican donor, is better is, uh, nuts

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

mcmagic posted:

LOL get lost.

http://nesn.com/2016/02/nfl-owners-political-donations-largely-republican-robert-kraft-more-democratic/

efb

But i'm enjoying your broke brain regardless.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

fsif posted:

My favorite is when Patriots fans point to Martellus Bennett, as if the backup tight end who has been on the team for less than a year is an equally valid symbol of the organization as the quarterback, head coach, and owner that have been around since 9/11.

My favorite is when the PATRIOTS win Super Bowls every year since 9/11. Just my opinion

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

My favorite is when the PATRIOTS win Super Bowls every year since 9/11. Just my opinion

Patriots did 911 got it

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Also, this is why Kraft likese Trump on a personal level, nothing to do with politics:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/31/robert-kraft-praises-trumps-loyalty-he-called-me-o/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/25/nfl-owner-political-donations-republicans-democrats-bob-mcnair-jimmy-haslam-robert-kraft-arthur-blank/

kraft is well known as a democrat, he just personally likes trump (i didn't know Blank was, that makes me feel bad for him :smith: )

major character flaw but someone saying woody johnson, an actual trump endorser and major republican donor, is better is, uh, nuts

I'm sure, like most oligarchs, he donated a lot of Republicans also. that means nothing. Stop trying to defend poo poo human beings. We get it, you won and you are great and the best and winners. Don't try to act like we have to like the scum who run your team too.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 6, 2017

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure, like most oligarchs, he donated a lot of Republicans also. that means nothing. Stop trying to defend poo poo human beings.

I didn't see anyone defending you. :confused:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure, like most oligarchs, he donated a lot of Republicans also. that means nothing. Stop trying to defend poo poo human beings. We get it, you won and you are great and the best and winners. Don't try to act like we have to like the scum who run your team too.

you don't and it would be much less fun if you did

you just can't claim woody johnson is better :smugdog:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

mcmagic posted:

uh D&D is that way =>>

this is the thread to talk about the new super bowl champion team: the new england patriots

also to go "wtf" at the falcons.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Tom Brady draws his power from Islamophobia.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Name an NFL fanbase that isn't lousy with white supremacists and wife beaters and stuff though

The trick is that large swaths of Americans are just all around awful people and NFL fan bases are largely comprised of Americans and therefore are awful by extension

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Name an NFL fanbase that isn't lousy with white supremacists and wife beaters and stuff though

The trick is that large swaths of Americans are just all around awful people and NFL fan bases are largely comprised of Americans and therefore are awful by extension

This is a good post.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

The Patriots are run by and composed of alot of horrible people. Their politics is just another marker of that fact as is their cheating.

lol your owner is literally part of the trump adminstration

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

What the god damned gently caress happened last night?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

waah posted:

magic

magic happened

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Eat the rich.

BerniePackers would've won

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Not that the Falcons really deserved it after the biggest choke job in the history of sport but NFL overtime rules are dumb and both teams should be guaranteed a possession. I'd like it if postseason games were a full extra quarter but baby steps.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

waah posted:

Someone counted out Touchdown Tom.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

Falcons gonna falc.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I still can't believe that Julio Jones catch

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

wyoak posted:

Not that the Falcons really deserved it after the biggest choke job in the history of sport but NFL overtime rules are dumb and both teams should be guaranteed a possession. I'd like it if postseason games were a full extra quarter but baby steps.

on the one hand yes, on the other hand they did have a whole 28 minutes to kick one measly field goal i dunno how much they were going to get out of that second possession

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a neat cape posted:

He did have some good ones.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The Unnamed One posted:

Eli would have won

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Seriously, Julio Jones isn't human

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

a neat cape posted:

And it'll be totally forgotten unfortunately

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Seriously, Julio Jones isn't human

and no part of that catch was luck either

edelman got a lucky bounce off someone's leg while doing his insaneo-catch, jones just managed to grab a ball when he was not open, get his toes down through sheer magic, and still hold onto the ball

it was absolutely insane, they showed the "what does this look like from the QB's perspective" and he was covered as all hell

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

evilweasel posted:

on the one hand yes, on the other hand they did have a whole 28 minutes to kick one measly field goal i dunno how much they were going to get out of that second possession
yeah they were bad, but it was pretty obvious the Pats were going to score a TD if they got the ball so the only exciting part of overtime was the coin toss. If both teams got it at least there would have been an illusion of suspense (until the Falcons wound up in 4th and 42 from their 5)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Of all the amazing things that happened last night the one thing we are all forgetting is how loving hard Stephen Gostkowski doinked that one extra point

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

evilweasel posted:

Kraft being buds with Trump probably goes way back, they've been in the NE Billionaire club for a while. It might go back to when Trump was a Democrat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

lol your owner is literally part of the trump adminstration

Have you seen me in here defending Woody Johnson?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Have you seen me in here defending Woody Johnson?

yes?

mcmagic posted:

Woody is stupid and incompetent, not evil.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Part of me wonders if Blank's republican donations were matching an employee's.

He does seem like a nice guy from what I've seen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That is faint defense.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also lol mark Davis not donating to politics

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

GaussianCopula posted:

Because they are long time friends, just like Bill and Tom. They probably don't agree with his policies, but for them, as they are not politicians and don't comment on political issues, friendship trumps politics. I guess to some part the fact that they all had to deal with hostile media and perceived unfairness in their professional life makes this bond even stronger.
I abandoned my Trump-loving friends; they should do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

That is faint defense.

Remember your owner is the same rear end in a top hat who Romney felt safe enough around to make his 49% comment.

• Locked thread