Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Dallas Cowboys
Go Cowboys!!!
The Dallas Cowboys are awesome!!!
I hope the Cowboys Win tonight
Tony Romo should replace Dak Prescott (no, do not pick this)
View Results

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

OMGVBFLOL posted:

sports teaches us many valuable lessons about life, such as "sometimes the cheater dirtbag who belongs in the trash comes from behind to win in overtime and cement his place in history among the greatest to ever play the game"
If anything I think it vindicates the idea that football should be played with the balls at a lower PSI - if that's what the man wants, it's what he gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Jimmy Hats posted:

Mr. Brady is the best, and I want his dilz

Same

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
where are all the gifs from the game at, want to see some of those crazier moments in infinite loop slo mo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There were some amazing fuckups by the Patriots for most of the game. Missed field goal, bad onside kick, some guy caught the ball then he hit it with his knee and it popped out lol, I'm really pissed they didn't replay that last one when it happened.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

re: the thread title - I hate the Patriots, but it's been fun seeing all of the people on facebook/twitter trying to say that Brady isn't the GOAT, when I see that I know I can just dismiss anything that person says because they are an idiot who ignores facts.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

OctoberBlues posted:

re: the thread title - I hate the Patriots, but it's been fun seeing all of the people on facebook/twitter trying to say that Brady isn't the GOAT, when I see that I know I can just dismiss anything that person says because they are an idiot who ignores facts.

Counterpoint: The Atlanta defense is hot garbage according to advanced metrics, and both teams played evenly. Just in half increments.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

Counterpoint: The Atlanta defense is hot garbage according to advanced metrics, and both teams played evenly. Just in half increments.

:ironicat:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

OctoberBlues posted:

This is just amazing because they start saying things like championships don't matter and quote useless stats and quickly move into footballs over its basketball season

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You are delusional if you think Tom Brady isn't the best football guy of all time.

Consider his resume:

1. Won lots of superbowls.
2. Hot wife.
3. Friends with the president.
4. Condescendingly calls adult men "bud".
5. Flys on chartered planes using NetJets.
6. He admits to loving loving some loving pancakes. AS HE SHOULD.
7. Probably has a sweet car.
8. Has three dogs.

That's not even half the list.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The negative to Tom Brady is that he only eats healthy foods and goes to bed at like 8:30 PM every night, but this will allow him to win three more Super Bowls, so it will even out I suppose.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dave_Indeed posted:

You are delusional if you think Tom Brady isn't the best football guy of all time.

Consider his resume:

1. Won lots of superbowls.
2. Hot wife.
3. Friends with the president.
4. Condescendingly calls adult men "bud".
5. Flys on chartered planes using NetJets.
6. He admits to loving loving some loving pancakes. AS HE SHOULD.
7. Probably has a sweet car.
8. Has three dogs.

That's not even half the list.

We're discussing his football abilities, not his qualifications for POTUS in 12 years when Donald steps down.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I didn't watch the game but I think it's funny that Atlanta snatched defeat from the jaws of victory because Atlanta is a garbage city

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
obviously brady is really good. even if he had lost the game last night he's already been cemented as one of the all-time greats

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

OctoberBlues posted:

I don't care how good he is, he's a completely unlikeable arrogant dick. I do think there is a distinction between most successful and best, but either way he's near the top which makes me just hate him even more.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that's sort of the whole deal with the patriots is that they're really unlikable but have been genuinely amazing for years which just makes them all the more unlikable unless youre a fan of theirs

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

thathonkey posted:

that's sort of the whole deal with the patriots is that they're really unlikable but have been genuinely amazing for years which just makes them all the more unlikable unless youre a fan of theirs

I think the dumbest thing I hear regularly among people who agree with me that the patriots should go to hell is that they'd be "nothing" without Brady and Bellichick. No poo poo, so would every other team if you took their two best talents away.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I do strongly dislike the Patriots, but anymore I just kind of shake my head, like whatever, I guess they did it again. There is no more room for Patriot anger in my cold dead heart.

I do think Brady's dedication is admirable, to be able to do what he does at age 39 requires absolute laser focus on every aspect of your body and mind, 24/7.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i usually pick up as many patriots as i can for my fantasy football team which has served me well over the years so i cant hate too much

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Suck it Montana

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Joe Montana would have been nothing without Bill Walsh. :grin:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

OctoberBlues posted:

Like cagney without lacey

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Suck it, another monster-of-the-week team slaughtered by football's protagonist.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello Amerigoons, I was just perusing the BBC sports page and noticed that England have apparently won the biggest prize in your homosexual version of Rugby. I wasn't even aware we had a team, but I am glad we won nonetheless, even if it wasn't in a men's sport.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

jazzyhattrick posted:

Hello Amerigoons, I was just perusing the BBC sports page and noticed that England have apparently won the biggest prize in your homosexual version of Rugby. I wasn't even aware we had a team, but I am glad we won nonetheless, even if it wasn't in a men's sport.

Sorry about your homophobia and misogyny. I guess your backward little island has a lot of growing up to do.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

jazzyhattrick posted:

This is the most cringeworthy thing I have read in quite some time.

OP actually wrote this and thought people would chuckle, smdh.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

OctoberBlues posted:

The gently caress?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

OctoberBlues posted:

Kansas city agrees.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

OctoberBlues posted:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

britishhumour.txt

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I didn't write that poo poo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lmbo fuking T*m Br*dy.....

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i cant find any of the flashing TB .gifs I used to always make but pretend i posted a bunch and also the SEE YOU FAGS ON SUNDAY banner ad.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That guy can literally get a blowjob anywhere now. He just has to go anywhere in the continental United States and yell "hey suck my dilz" and the chickiepies will be lickin his championship clad hands.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
falcons defense actually played really well the problem was that the patriots had the ball almost the entire game and after 3 quarters they were fuckin wiped out and tommy just went to work doing what he does best. falcons offense blew it honestly especially on a couple really bad play calls and penalties but im still proud of my boys.

DIRTY
BIRDS
bITCH

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

That guy can literally get a blowjob anywhere now. He just has to go anywhere in the continental United States and yell "hey suck my dilz" and the chickiepies will be lickin his championship clad hands.

"now"? That has been true probably since the first game he started in the NFL. This is also true of most NFL players (except maybe kickers).

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

falcons defense actually played really well the problem was that the patriots had the ball almost the entire game and after 3 quarters they were fuckin wiped out and tommy just went to work doing what he does best. falcons offense blew it honestly especially on a couple really bad play calls and penalties but im still proud of my boys.

DIRTY
BIRDS
bITCH

They just adjusted and did 10/15 yard plays and falcons had poo poo in the short field because they were blitzing and running deep coverage so Brady had plenty of time for his short game passes. Same poo poo that shut down the patriots in the first half lost them the game. :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

"now"? That has been true probably since the first game he started in the NFL. This is also true of most NFL players (except maybe kickers).

If I was him I'd just be rollin around in a limo hangin out the sunroof with a megaphone sayin "hey ladies, get down on my juevos and johnston!". I mean you could just rent a goddamn limo for a week and not shower except for champagne scrubs and tell people to suck your dilz. :dukedoge:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They just adjusted and did 10/15 yard plays and falcons had poo poo in the short field because they were blitzing and running deep coverage so Brady had plenty of time for his short game passes. Same poo poo that shut down the patriots in the first half lost them the game. :shrug:

that's typically how the pats play (grind you down with lots of short and extremely efficient 1st downs giving you no chance to bleed the clock). my point was that after being on the field for twice as long the falcons defense wore down to the point where there was no way they could contain a reinvigorated brady offensive showing that we all knew was coming. then the falcons offense put them in the position of having to do just that. losing the OT coin toss and having to go right back out was the final nail in the coffin.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/828702031393280004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Nooner posted:

lmbo fuking T*m Br*dy.....

hell yeah

• Locked thread