Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Tom Brady, a 39 year old dude who is completely unable to throw passes longer than 15 yards with any accuracy, loving torched the Falcons secondary. Lol at the state of football. drat millennials grow up with too much xbox. He could probably play til he is 60. Falcons d backs giving Amendola 12 yard cushions. Pathetic poo poo. If I was a Falcons fan I would kill myself to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'll give you my suicide pass. Feel free to use it on yourself.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Febreeze posted:

If the Patriots have to win another Super Bowl I will take solace in the fact that it'll bug the gently caress out of Pittsburgh

I made my peace last night. There's just no argument to be made anymore; the Patriots are the best dynasty ever. Even better than the Steel Curtain. Idk about anyone else, but I'm freed by that notion. Time to move on imo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/d3J3qxH.gifv

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
everyone in western new york is feeling very dejected today

edit: more dejected than usual

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
One bad game doesn't suddenly make Kyle Shanahan a bad OC

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Feels like yesterday was a "face turn" for Brady. I like him and respect him now and he's good, because he made a lot of dorks really mad and that is what life is about

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

One bad game doesn't suddenly make Kyle Shanahan a bad OC

Of course not. But it also doesn't make him immune to scrutiny. His play calls literally just cost his team a superbowl.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

SourKraut posted:

Yeah, seeing a Trump-loving Patriots team come back to win the Super Bowl completely ruins the experience for me too. This year is going to be total trash.

I also can't wait for Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick to retire so we can get several years of Super Bowls without it involving the Patriots.

Worth it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Of course not. But it also doesn't make him immune to scrutiny. His play calls literally just cost his team a superbowl.

I meant more people declaring the 49ers morons for hiring him.

There are plenty of other reasons why the 49ers are morons

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Feels like yesterday was a "face turn" for Brady. I like him and respect him now and he's good, because he made a lot of dorks really mad and that is what life is about

I agree with the 1st half anyway lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Honestly, Kyle is like way better then I expected them to get.

I was expecting like, I don't know, Mike Tice or something.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a neat cape posted:

Well, their owner is really the source of all their problems

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

evilweasel posted:

yeah apparently reporters laughed when he said this

he didn't, and appears to have been 100% serious

lol what an rear end in a top hat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This bullshit is going to be like 6-7 more years huh?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Oh. Yeah, no. He is a great OC, I do wish him well in SF I just wish he would have sealed the deal here :(

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Falcons basically played prevent defense for the entire 2nd half. Just keeping everything in front of them despite Brady being unable to throw deep. They could have played cover 1 and blitzed a different player each down and probably would have won by 40. Really cowardly poo poo.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I just cannot for the life of me defend the call. And hindsight being 20/20 I get it, but even at the time I was shouting at the TV to run the ball. Freeman getting two touches the entire second half? Another thing I will never understand.

Like I said, I get the point. Matt had a perfect passer rating deep into the SB for crying out loud, but I just feel like it's common sense to run the ball, milk the clock, kick the fg and walk away. The Patriots wouldn't come back from 11. I guess I shouldn't say wouldn't given the amount of crap that had to go their way in the first place, but up 11 with next to no time is a lot better than up 8 with next to no time. That 3 point buffer was the game.

I mean, I agree that it obviously wasn't a good choice, but I get what the coach is thinking in that situation. Holding the ball and controlling the clock is worth more than 3 points because it's a guaranteed win, rather than a probable one. If they get a couple of first downs they can probably run time out without even giving the Pats a chance to respond. It's the sort of thing that gets you lauded if it works (see Jack del Rio going for two at the end of the game to avoid overtime) and pilloried if it doesn't. Whereas playing for the field goal is the safe choice (assuming you done get yourself penalized out of range anyway) but if you manage to lose then people are going to point to that as the turning point, when the coach didn't have the guts to trust his MVP quarterback and #1 offense to get him a first down.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
He is the biggest rear end in a top hat and I love him so.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
nevermind that poo poo, need to focus on the important stuff

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-02-05-superbowl-halftime-satan-speaks-through-lady-gaga-to-declare-dominion-over-the-earth.html

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This bullshit is going to be like 6-7 more years huh?

brady apparently is telling the patriots he wants to play at least three more years today

best guess is that means jimmy g is going to the browns for a first, they get two more years of brady at a high level, then brady goes to the browns for another first

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Here’s a depiction of a female succubus from Anime

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

Honestly, Kyle is like way better then I expected them to get.

I was expecting like, I don't know, Mike Tice or something.
We have this Mike Shula that totally has Super Bowl experience and dammit why can't he fail upwards and get away from the Panthers

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

big money big clit posted:

I mean, I agree that it obviously wasn't a good choice, but I get what the coach is thinking in that situation. Holding the ball and controlling the clock is worth more than 3 points because it's a guaranteed win, rather than a probable one. If they get a couple of first downs they can probably run time out without even giving the Pats a chance to respond. It's the sort of thing that gets you lauded if it works (see Jack del Rio going for two at the end of the game to avoid overtime) and pilloried if it doesn't. Whereas playing for the field goal is the safe choice (assuming you done get yourself penalized out of range anyway) but if you manage to lose then people are going to point to that as the turning point, when the coach didn't have the guts to trust his MVP quarterback and #1 offense to get him a first down.

Yeah. I can't fault him for putting it in Matt's hands. There is a logical line of thinking for it. It just sucks man, I can't stop replaying it in my head.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So is Matt Ryan the second coming of Marino?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

brady apparently is telling the patriots he wants to play at least three more years today

best guess is that means jimmy g is going to the browns for a first, they get two more years of brady at a high level, then brady goes to the browns for another first

Even the Browns aren't going to trade the no 1 overall pick for Matt Cassel 2.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Was really hoping that Tom would wake up this morning and see all his bruises and think "gosh, I have five rings I really should spend time with my kids and super model wife"

One good concussion and its over imo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah. I can't fault him for putting it in Matt's hands. There is a logical line of thinking for it. It just sucks man, I can't stop replaying it in my head.

And that's the trap I mentioned. You have an mvp qb, but a ground game that can close out the game. What do you do?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

the only patriots jersey i own is malcolm butler. i'm probably gonna buy bennett too.

Maybe they'll let you eat the creampie too

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I made my peace last night. There's just no argument to be made anymore; the Patriots are the best dynasty ever. Even better than the Steel Curtain. Idk about anyone else, but I'm freed by that notion. Time to move on imo

I'm sorry, the 90s Michael Jordan Bulls teams would like to have a word with you. Unlike Tom Brady, Michael Jordan never lost a Championship. :smugdog:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

iospace posted:

So is Matt Ryan the second coming of Marino?

I dont get the comparison

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I didn't realize he also coached ST and defense.

Huh.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I dont get the comparison

Good, but never gonna get a ring.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
So we're all agreed that Atlanta is going to have a nasty superbowl hangover next year yeah?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Blitz7x posted:

Was really hoping that Tom would wake up this morning and see all his bruises and think "gosh, I have five rings I really should spend time with my kids and super model wife"

One good concussion and its over imo

It's going to be hilarious but sad when his stubbornness to keep playing as his ability diminishes in the coming years leads him to get so banged up/concussed/etc. that he won't even remember he has kids once he finally does retire.

Of course at that point he'll be divorced so he'll just have kids with someone else that he can remember.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

Being friends with a racist fasist doesn't nessecarily make you one, but the alternative is choosing to be friends with a racist fascist, which is somehow worse.

They've chosen the side of the oppressor and they're lovely people, hth

Just a woke AF IT goon with a "catte" avatar casually politicizing everything. good poo poo for sure. No idea what a zone blitz is, just here to talk politics

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DJCobol posted:

Good, but never gonna get a ring.

Marino was a top 2 or 3 QB in the league for basically his entire career, so no, Ryan isn't on that level

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Coldforge posted:

I didn't realize he also coached ST and defense.

Huh.

Oh gently caress off with this. The defense played great for 3 quarters and the decision by Weems to take it out isn't on anyone but him.

The defense got gassed because the offense stalled out in the 4th and playing that much man had depleted their energy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trying to collect some thoughts on the game:

The 5 sacks per team. That was insane. Both offensive lines had played great all year, neither team had been able to bring pressure well, but this game was insane. (Yeah, the Falcons had brought pressure the last two games, but that was against the worst line in creation and a dead Packers offense, and both those lines lost a guy early in the game). Whereas the Patriots had spent all year rushing 3 guys and never touching the trashman of the week they were facing.

Alex Mack's injury was probably bad enough that the Falcons felt they had to run outside all the time and it was super effective early but probably caused them massive problems in the second half once the Patriots' adjusted. I don't think they were willing to run inside at all due to his leg and it cost them.

The Patriots' LB's were terrible in the first half, with Hightower getting beat constantly and the crap-hole of Shea McClellin and friends on the other side just getting worked by those toss sweeps. But in the second half they benched Shea for Van Noy and just killed the plays the Falcons tried.

That drive near the end where the Falcons returner is a dumbass and runs the ball out to like the 10 then Matt Ryan moves them into FG range in like 2 plays was insane. I immediately switched into "well, at least they put up a good fight" mode and then the Falcons made such incredible blunders.

I wasn't surprised Blount was stuffed repeatedly. He's not as good as his reputation and gets the vast majority of his success working over beaten teams. I had predicted Dion Lewis would be the source of the Pats' rushing success but instead they ... just really didn't have much success running. Falcons' defense played great in the first half and shut that poo poo down. A big Blount game would've needed the Patriots to be up two scores in the 2nd half and just running over a tired Falcons' defense.

The Falcons were just godawful on 3rd down, I posted this earlier, but it bears repeating:

That offense was absolutely incredible on first down and great on second down and turned into Brock Osweiler on 3rd down.

I can't talk much about the Patriots passing offense. Everything that went wrong possible went wrong in the first half and Brady just went off in the second half. Hell, they punted on their first drive, but Brady hit two receivers in the hands in stride on both plays for big games but they were dropped. Makes up for the batted passes that could've been intercepted in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

SourKraut posted:

I'm sorry, the 90s Michael Jordan Bulls teams would like to have a word with you. Unlike Tom Brady, Michael Jordan never lost a Championship. :smugdog:

I don't care about basketball, I'm a native Pittsburgher

• Locked thread