Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Fullhouse posted:

Americans saw a man who wanted to gently caress his daughter and thought "hell, :same:"

tbh ivanka is hot af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I edited for clarity but I am fully willing to push back on the idea that there is any position on haircuts that could make the guy indignantly denying that there could exist any family of "white people" who isn't lowkey a bunch of virulent KKK racists "progressive"

It's why I put it in quotes lol, the whole "every white family openly says racist stuff" was definitely projection on his part. He just doesn't strike me as a "liberals are the real racists" type is all.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 6, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Vorkosigan posted:

I have never, ever, heard my pro-choice, pro-gay, Presbyterian family utter a racist comment. Not even veiled racism like 'oh, you know how they are'. Nor have I ever wanted to gently caress my sister. Just want to get that out there.

thank you for your service

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Grevling posted:

I really don't understand where people are getting that Mirthless thinks it's fine to gently caress your sibling. That psychology thing he linked to is real, and neither of those kids are going to benefit from feeling shame about it the rest of their lives.

It's because this isn't the first post of his I've read

Someone could post a story about a woman catching her husband loving a football and within 3 posts Mirthless would tell us about the time he was balls deep in nerf

Zelder fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 6, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

tbh ivanka is hot af

She's got Rich People Teeth

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mirthless posted:

Lol you guys are unreal

Sorry this well documented phenomenon offends your delicate sensibilities wrt attraction

Grevling posted:

I really don't understand where people are getting that Mirthless thinks it's fine to gently caress your sibling. That psychology thing he linked to is real, and neither of those kids are going to benefit from feeling shame about it the rest of their lives.

I agree, some of you are getting a bit stimmed up over all of this. Genetic sexual attraction is a real thing, it is kind of interesting, and shaming of it, although justified, is probably not all that helpful.

I listened to a surprisingly touching story, I believe it was radiolab but could've been snap judgement, in which a woman who had been separated from her family at birth met them again and was immediately incredibly drawn to her brother who she had never met. They went to great lengths to hide their relationship for literally decades, pretending to just be living together, and eventually actually got the courage to reveal it to their family. That story really changed the way I thought about it (although it's not like I think it's totally okay or anything) and helped me to empathize with people in that situation. It's irregular and messed up in a lot of ways but this is pretty much the exact same attitude of anti-gay rhetoric "it's not right, it's not what god intended etc." There's no pretending it's not hosed up but saying "lol mirthless you want to gently caress your sister you're hosed up and stupid lol" is actually pretty dumb and in this case you all are the ones who aren't letting it go.

anyways...

Lonely Virgil posted:

The codeword is: memes

My [23M] Girlfriend's [21F] Inappropriate Behavior, year long relationship, she has an obsession with an internet fad

The best part of this by far is during intercourse this girl is still spewing memes "such sex, much wow, so doge" hahaha. I've read that one before and it really stuck in my mind to imagine what it would be like to have your girlfriend say something like that mid-stroke

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Moridin920 posted:

I really just feel like he took umbrage at the word 'criminal' and now you're all jumping down his throat for it.

Mirthless wants to jump down the throat of his family members

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Today's selection of words was "collider" and "fever". Unfortunately, "collider" brought up zero results.

Fighting with wife about "yellow fever" - need advice

quote:

TL;DR; M29 F25 Chinese wife thinks I have yellow fever, I'm offended & disagree, how to get this out of her head?

I'm a M 29 married about 1yr to F 25. I have always been really into various cultures, but particularly Asian, mostly Japanese. I went to a very good, multicultural high-school, so many of my friends growing up were from Europe, Asia, etc. I've also been into Anime from a young age.

I bartended for over 5 years, and have always been really good at talking to women. I've dated many, and been sexual active since about 15 years old. Despite my interest in Asian philosophy, art, food, and media, I have never really been particularly attracted to Asian women. Of the 30 or so relationships I've had, 4 were pretty serious, one almost resulted in an engagement, and only 1 very brief one involved a Japanese-French mix, who didn't seem to care about the ethnicity difference at all.
My wife is from China, was here for work, planning to stay a few years for career experience, and then go back home. She's pretty cultured too, and speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, Japanese, and obviously English pretty fluently. We have a very amicable relationship, and value each other's input and opinions.

Recently though, we've been having some arguments, mostly where she accuses me of having "yellow fever" - i.e. being obsessed with Asian girls/culture. At first I was almost confused, since I've actually only encountered the term a few times, and didn't really think it was something of any weight. After a few of these, I began to take serious offense to it. Not only is my "ideal" girl not Asian, but I have a hearty interest in many other cultures - specifically my Italian/Sicilian roots - and also like media, food, literature, art, etc. from them.

I even learned to speak a little Pidgin English (mostly spoken in the Solomon Islands) after becoming good friends with a guy who's from there. I'm an expert in coffee and scotch. I know the origins of cryptography and how war times have influenced our technology even to the way this very website is using security. I just have an aficionado, enthusiast, knowledge/experience hungry personality. I get deep into anything I find interesting.

So my question is, for anyone who's encountered this situation before, how do I convey my sincerity in not being "Asian obsessed"? She's convinced that she's no different from my "white" (non-Asian) ex girlfriends and that I'm with her b/c she's Asian. I expressed how I fell in love with her personality, and the deep connection we have when we're together - not her eyes or cheekbone structure. It just seems so ridiculous to me. I know there are guys out there who probably do only like Asians, but to me, the line between us is large and clear. I know it's partly her self-esteem, and I try to be supportive and uplifting of that as much as possible, but I just seem to be falling short. I would really appreciate your advice, honesty, and criticism.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Let's play a game guys, try to guess the secret word for this one: gaming, priest or costume?

quote:

Got my (21M) GF (22F) of 9 months to game with me as a Priest and now it’s weirding me out.
u/PriestessProblems2y
I thought it would be fun for us to play together, she’s never tried any MMOG before or been much into gaming at all but was willing to try it out. I made a new character so we could level together, and suggested she play as a priest because my guild could use more healers and tbh, I thought it would be fun to have my own personal healer following me around ;p

I won’t name the game, but she looked up information on how to play her class moves and such, and noticed all their power “comes from the gods” in the game’s narrative. This is where poo poo starts to get weird.

Because of this she also chose the race that is described as closest to the gods/earth, and she named her character after the Mister Mister song “Kyrie Eleison” which means “Lord be with me”. She also started shouting “The power of Christ compels you!” whenever she had to kill any monsters. She thought this was funny and giggled when she did it. It wasn’t funny to me after the first few times, but she really got a kick out of it and at first I didn’t mind. Whenever she had to heal my character she would also shove me and yell “Heal!” at me like a televangelist. Again, only funny at first, but that’s not all.

After a week or so, she “met” the main goddess in the game and started insisting people say “goddess” instead of “gods” and call her character a “priestess” instead of a priest. She was in my guild now and had a headset and she would just correct people and it embarrassed me because I introduced her and people knew her as my girlfriend. I tried to talk to her about this and she said people didn’t give women enough respect in the game and she just wanted them to acknowledge that most priests were women and the main goddess was too. She never got rude about it to my friends, just corrected them , so I didn’t feel like I could say much.

After a few days where our schedules didn’t match up, she started playing by herself. And she leveled up really fast, enough so we can’t play together anymore. And she bought a lot of stuff with her RL money, even though she’s always complaining to me that she’s broke. She got some random guy (Shawn) to give her a bunch of stuff because she was talking with him a lot, I asked if she told him she had a bf and she said no, but Shawn wanted to give her the stuff to honor the Goddess, not because she was flirting.

I said, “There are a bunch of priestesses, does Shawn give items to all of them?”

“No, but I am the most devout.”

When she plays by herself, she has the “Kyrie Eleison” song on a loop in the background, for hours and hours. She normally is not religious, but she has started saying a blessing over any food she eats and any she gives to me. Not like she asks us to pray together (neither of us are churchgoers) but she will hover her hand over the food and say something like “May this food grant me strength” or “In (Goddess’s Name).” We went to Walmart together and when we walked in she stopped, waved her hand to indicate the whole store and said “(Goddess) bless this food to your favor!” kinda loudly. She laughed afterwards but I’m really not sure how serious she was being. Also caught her looking online to try and find a costume that looks like her character’s current priestess robes.

I don't want to break up with her, but I think it would be better if she stopped playing now, how can I have this talk with her about how she is acting, I tried before after the Walmart thing and she said she is just being funny and I don't get her sense of humor.

tl;dr: Afraid my GF is going crazy and thinks she's a real priestess in the MMOG I introduced her to. How to get her to stop playing?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

I listened to a surprisingly touching story, I believe it was radiolab but could've been snap judgement, in which a woman who had been separated from her family at birth

Again, that's not what this story is.

They were not separated at birth. They grew up together. :gonk:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I would also like to publicly state that I never wanted to gently caress my sister. My brother on the other hand... :wink: just kidding, he's adopted

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
As a scientistTM, I just don't believe in non-politicized science. At least not in biology. It reminds me of the dude who noticed that penguins are necrophiliacs and didn't get it published because he was like, drat, that's gonna make some people think it's ok to gently caress the dead, 'cause it's "natural". Guy was an amazing scientist, too, he predicted the birth of Mirthless.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Grevling posted:

We're all so desensitized that even if he had a point we'd all be too numb to notice. He needs to take a few weeks off posting so we can all recover.

I call it thread grip syndrome.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 6, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

As a scientistTM, I just don't believe in non-politicized science. At least not in biology. It reminds me of the dude who noticed that penguins are necrophiliacs and didn't get it published because he was like, drat, that's gonna make some people think it's ok to gently caress the dead, 'cause it's "natural". Guy was an amazing scientist, too, he predicted the birth of Mirthless.

I don't believe in non-politicized science either really but honestly that's kind of dumb on that scientists' part. He isn't responsible for the actions of every lunatic out there.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

TheScott2K posted:

*stands up bravely at a town meeting*

"I'll do it, I'll gently caress the rich lady!"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

WampaLord posted:

Yes, I know. And that does make it worse, at no point did I say it was right. Just that it's a real thing and interesting. I have sisters and the thought absolutely freaks me out, but it's a good exercise in empathy to try and understand such things, even though hosed up, and sympathize with their situation.

The only real advice for that, "don't ever gently caress your sister ever again, and never speak of this to another human soul"

Play fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 6, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

I don't believe in non-politicized science either really but honestly that's kind of dumb on that scientists' part. He isn't responsible for the actions of every lunatic out there.

you have to balance global awareness of penguin deviancy against incidence of sexual crime against corpses

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Bubblyblubber posted:

Let's play a game guys, try to guess the secret word for this one: gaming, priest or costume?

My guess is costume

Also wtf lol dude needs to get away from his crazy girlfriend. I cannot see this situation getting any less weird.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want to be aware of all the sexual proclivities of penguins at any cost.

quote:

tbh, I thought it would be fun to have my own personal healer following me around ;p

healslut

I guess gaming.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

*stands up bravely at a town meeting*

"I'll do it, I'll gently caress the rich lady!"

It's not really a negative, just something I've noticed lately. The rich people are all getting RPT. Rudy Giuliani got them but only on top. His bottom teeth look like the surface of the asteroid from Armageddon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

Yes, I know. And that does make it worse, at no point did I say it was right. Just that it's a real thing and interesting. I have sisters and the thought absolutely freaks me out, but it's a good exercise in empathy to try and understand such things, even though hosed up, and empathize with their situation.

... n-no. in this case, don't. don't do that. don't think about loving your sister to kind of roll around in your mouth how you feel about that. like, how does that end well. how is that going to turn out in a better way than not doing that.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I will gently caress all your sisters :grin:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

her adult brothers both have Rich People Face so I guess she lucked out

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

What have I done, I've created a monster nerd!

Moridin920 posted:

I want to be aware of all the sexual proclivities of penguins at any cost.

:same:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Play posted:

Yes, I know. And that does make it worse, at no point did I say it was right. Just that it's a real thing and interesting. I have sisters and the thought absolutely freaks me out, but it's a good exercise in empathy to try and understand such things, even though hosed up, and sympathize with their situation.

The only real advice for that, "don't ever gently caress your sister ever again, and never speak of this to another human soul"

become a better and more worldly person by imagining yourself as a sister/brother loving degenerate

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

this is like the spongebob where he rips his pants except she's been doing this for months, just tell her it's really not funny anymore

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Alright, I guess I lack context about Mirthless and why so many of you were reacting so strongly to the sister loving thing. It's been going on for a while already though, probably good to get back to broken people from reddit.

I thought priestess girl sounded awesome at first, but hours and hours playing the game (and song on repeat) and letting it leak into real life when they're out in public? It's like a female version of those insanely immature guys that half the stories in here are about.
Had to groan a bit about this too:

quote:

she named her character after the Mister Mister song “Kyrie Eleison” which means “Lord be with me”.
I get some people have Atheist parents but come on.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if he'd be mad if someone else came up to his gf and said "I've been cursed and I need your blessing to be purified!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Grevling posted:

Alright, I guess I lack context about Mirthless and why so many of you were reacting so strongly to the sister loving thing. It's been going on for a while already though, probably good to get back to broken people from reddit.

I thought priestess girl sounded awesome at first, but hours and hours playing the game (and song on repeat) and letting it leak into real life when they're out in public? It's like a female version of those insanely immature guys that half the stories in here are about.
Had to groan a bit about this too:

I get some people have Atheist parents but come on.

Mirthless's post are almost exclusively "um, actually'"s about the dumbest poo poo in the world

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Mirthless's post are almost exclusively "um, actually'"s about the dumbest poo poo in the world
And he has some of the gooniest looking hair I think I have ever seen in the internet, which is saying something.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

the same biological mechanism exists because they weren't raised in the same household.

i was never, and have never advocated for incest or said incest was okay - and my comment about confusion and pity was over what should be obvious to everyone, that literally everybody knows incest is wrong and feeling an attraction to your sibling that you can't explain and don't want to have in the first place is a pretty confusing and pitiable situation to be in, at least one would imagine - I mean, this is obvious, right? It should be obvious????

you guys are getting offended and mad at a poster who doesn't exist, making posts that aren't there. You have erected a hilarious strawman, and I'm laughing at him too, but at least in this particular case he's not real and you're just being ridiculous

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Mirthless and his "um, actually" poo poo basically makes him a sister-loving Fishmech

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

the same biological mechanism exists because they weren't raised in the same household.

i was never, and have never advocated for incest or said incest was okay - and my comment about confusion and pity was over what should be obvious to everyone, that literally everybody knows incest is wrong and feeling an attraction to your sibling that you can't explain and don't want to have in the first place is a pretty confusing and pitiable situation to be in, at least one would imagine - I mean, this is obvious, right? It should be obvious????

you guys are getting offended and mad at a poster who doesn't exist, making posts that aren't there. You have erected a hilarious strawman, and I'm laughing at him too, but at least in this particular case he's not real and you're just being ridiculous

No, it's not pitiable, it's disgusting.

You do not have to act on hormones. In any situation.

"Feeling an attraction" does not equal "Must try to gently caress"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

TheScott2K posted:

Mirthless and his "um, actually" poo poo basically makes him a sister-loving Fishmech

Nah, Fishmech is occasionally funny

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i am ok if an incestuoid feels bad about doing their incest. i am ok if they are sad i do not pity them. as in the case of pedophiles, i feel i have a finite amount of pity in my heart and frankly im tired of being told it has to be spend on sex creepos instead of baby kittens whose mommy cat didnt wake up because the car came by so fast and they are meowing because they are hungry and they cant conceptualize that they are alone

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

I never said it wasn't disgusting, why do I have to keep repeating myself? Is this really that hard to parse?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

yes mirthless sucks huge donkey nuts but can we please not make every other post in here about him, thats just doin exactly what he wants.

For content, a classic game of "buryin the lede"

[26M] very depressed about [6mo] marriage. [22F] wants nothing to do with me.

quote:

I tried to figure out why my wife didn't ever feel like doing things with me.
I guess I turn her off, because of the way I am. Not just sexually. She literally does not want to spend a single moment more with me than she has too.
She doesn't want to talk, play, or spend time with me in any way whatsoever. We've been married 6 months. I should have seen the warning signs the 3 months before getting married. The 6 months before that were pretty happy though, and I told myself it was just the loss of my job.

She says she would be asking me for a divorce already if she didn't think we could fix it. She blames me for how I don't listen. She wants to go to therapy, where she thinks the therapist will tell me to do what I'm supposed too and then she will be more in the mood. I'll tell you right now, It's literally impossible to do all of what she asks of me unless I sit in the corner until told to do otherwise, which is going to be household chores and nothing else.

We had agreed on my responsibilities and I've done exactly what she wanted for 5 months and absolutely nothing has changed. I think this is just a major mismatch where she hates touchy-feely and I at least want an occasional snuggle, but can't even get that. She was just as physical as myself the first 6 months, but now she despises me. I should seriously start the divorce process.
Its just so painful. I don't want to admit this failure AT ALL. I just ended an engagement two years ago, which was just as heart-breaking. That one also just wasn't into me anymore, and she actually had another guy she wanted to date.

I thought this was just some temporary thing that would eventually go away, but it seems like she no longer has interest in me whatsoever. I feel incredibly depressed after this conversation and feel like this relationship is now hopeless.
tl;dr Wife wants nothing to do with me. Blames both my not wanting to be sole provider and do all housework, and just the way I am in general. Willing for therapy, but clearly expects me to do all the changing. Outcome: I'm depressed.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

He didn't say that whatsoever. Stop it. Both of you.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

i am ok if an incestuoid feels bad about doing their incest. i am ok if they are sad i do not pity them. as in the case of pedophiles, i feel i have a finite amount of pity in my heart and frankly im tired of being told it has to be spend on sex creepos instead of baby kittens whose mommy cat didnt wake up because the car came by so fast and they are meowing because they are hungry and they cant conceptualize that they are alone

why are you comparing a crime where somebody is victimized by another individual to a situation where two consenting adults did something gross?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Mirthless posted:

I never said it wasn't disgusting, why do I have to keep repeating myself? Is this really that hard to parse?

Just drop it man. What are you even trying to get from this? It's almost as bad as goons who namedrop specific goons who annoy them, which is equally dumb