Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I asked my Funcom friend how to suggest QoL improvements for the game. His reply was "The official channel is the Steam forums, but they are a steaming pile of poo poo filled with crazy nerds."

I got a feedback e-mail adress to send suggestions to, but goons being goons, I won't release it to spare the poor FC workers from being spammef with dickpics. If you have any suggestions for improvements to the game, quote my post and :justpost:

I will be sending them a list by the end of the week.

For the love of Crom please fix mattress and respawning. Having to remember to bind to a mattress every time you place one or after death rebuilding and binding is really annoying and it's super frustrating when you die and end up back out in the desert even though you know you have a mattress in your base.

Make mattresses permanent and auto-bind when placed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Popete posted:

For the love of Crom please fix mattress and respawning. Having to remember to bind to a mattress every time you place one or after death rebuilding and binding is really annoying and it's super frustrating when you die and end up back out in the desert even though you know you have a mattress in your base.

Yeah this is the most BS mechanic in the game

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Snatch Duster posted:

EDIT: also if you step on fresh poopie, like 10 seconds old, you slip and fall down.

But if someone tries to poop while wearing pants they just poo poo their pants. The good old SS13 defense measure of tearing off your pants mid sprint and making GBS threads to slip your pursuers will be a fine tactic.

I'll one up autobinding mattresses and say that giving a spawn menu with all available spawns like in ARK would be even better.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Commoners posted:

But if someone tries to poop while wearing pants they just poo poo their pants. The good old SS13 defense measure of tearing off your pants mid sprint and making GBS threads to slip your pursuers will be a fine tactic.

I'll one up autobinding mattresses and say that giving a spawn menu with all available spawns like in ARK would be even better.

JackNicholsonNodding.gif

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

a cat irl posted:

Diog is super cool and if you haven't checked out his CYOA "Paradise Lost", over in TG, you're missing out!

...poo poo, I've been found. Don't tell our players you spotted me. I didn't feel very creative least night. I couldn't write anyway, so I tried to build a tower instead.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone laugh at Rej for getting hellowned by a Swedish streamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T82DyZ391nU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Inkel posted:

I'm sure they've already received these suggestions before, but my biggest QoL issues with the game are not being able to see another players name until you're essentially humping them. Being able to see what clan they're in, and having your own clan mates names highlighted over a greater than normal rate would be nice.

The second thing is respawn mechanics. I'd like to see something similar to Ark where sleeping bags(in this case, bedrolls) are automatically assigned to you when placed. Regular full beds do not need to be claimed and are available for unlimited use by all clan mates.

Make player name fade in something like 20 feet so it would still be possible to hide. Make clan name fade in slightly longer so I don't end up stalking a clan mate for an hour.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
If BMW is the anti-goon goon clan then you should have instead embraced me with open arms considering all goons hate me and I have a million bans for being a huge dick on here :^)

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
To the Riddle of Steel goons. I'm in contact with Survivalservers.com, supposedly they are fixing it.

https://twitter.com/SurvivalServers

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Akumos posted:

If BMW is the anti-goon goon clan then you should have instead embraced me with open arms considering all goons hate me and I have a million bans for being a huge dick on here :^)

Wait, what?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Akumos posted:

I have a million and one bans for being a huge dick on here :^)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
akumos, buddy, ive played with you in multiple games and you always seem okay to play with and then you do something that gets you banned

i think we had this exact same scenario on h1z1

just chill out a bit man

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Popete posted:

Pretty sure this is intended. Once you make and bind to an actual bed it's not an issue.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

I asked my Funcom friend how to suggest QoL improvements for the game. His reply was "The official channel is the Steam forums, but they are a steaming pile of poo poo filled with crazy nerds."

I got a feedback e-mail adress to send suggestions to, but goons being goons, I won't release it to spare the poor FC workers from being spammef with dickpics. If you have any suggestions for improvements to the game, quote my post and :justpost:

Campfires shouldn't be a lockable item. People build them early on and never go back to them so it's just useless litter everywhere.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

This is where BMW is building their mountain base fyi

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Taylor Swift posted:

Everyone laugh at Rej for getting hellowned by a Swedish streamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T82DyZ391nU

:sad:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Make player name fade in something like 20 feet so it would still be possible to hide. Make clan name fade in slightly longer so I don't end up stalking a clan mate for an hour.

Yes, this.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Make bow and arrows and the usage of not suck.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Akumos posted:

:airquote: hiding :airquote:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Akumos posted:

Is this what the kids call doxxing?

Inkel posted:

Yes, this.

Personally I think clan mates should show up on the map too. Probably a long shot but, would be nice.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The rest of the goon pop already knew the location anyway, soooo....

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Taylor Swift posted:

Personally I think clan mates should show up on the map too. Probably a long shot but, would be nice.

Server toggle, maybe?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Akumos posted:

:qq: WHY DID YOU BAN ME AFTER I SAID ID GLITCH INTO PEOPLES BASES :qq:

*posts screenshot where a goon base is*

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Oh cool let me just run over there and... *dies a dozen times from crocodiles*

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Commoners posted:

The rest of the goon pop already knew the location anyway, soooo....

And its not even quite the correct location marked.

I know maps are hard tho, so keep trying Columbus.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also i dont think its really a hidden base. it a big fuckoff fort with torches everywhere. if you are on the side of the map its impossible to miss

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

eonwe posted:

:qq: WHY DID YOU BAN ME AFTER I SAID ID GLITCH INTO PEOPLES BASES :qq:

*posts screenshot where a goon base is*

dang not glitches in the EA game with 800 glitches and server wipes every day

I'm sure BMW goons have used absolutely 0 glitches ever

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dude stop having a broken brain

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

eonwe posted:

dude stop having a broken brain

sounds like you guys are simply mad i'm the superior griefing dick goon, lil baby has to resort to bans :^(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:thumbsup:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Akumos posted:

dang not glitches in the EA game with 800 glitches and server wipes every day

I'm sure BMW goons have used absolutely 0 glitches ever
I do it, so everyone else must do it too.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Akumos posted:

sounds like you guys are simply mad i'm the superior griefing dick goon, lil baby has to resort to bans :^(

what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Rhymenoserous posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you?

We aren’t a Goon group per se. Most our founders and members are Goons, but SA has gone to poo poo and we disagree with the culture it now has, so we are now more a group of dicks looking for other dicks. Our big thing is that we generally hate most Goons (Especially spergy whiney ones who care too much about social issues and being “nice”.) and value real free speech. No safe spaces up in this bitch. All we do is shitpost and talk bad about everyone. Also, occasionally we kill mans.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
It wouldn't be gaming with goons if it wasn't filled with boring drama.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Akumos posted:

We aren’t a Goon group per se. Most our founders and members are Goons, but SA has gone to poo poo and we disagree with the culture it now has, so we are now more a group of dicks looking for other dicks. Our big thing is that we generally hate most Goons (Especially spergy whiney ones who care too much about social issues and being “nice”.) and value real free speech. No safe spaces up in this bitch. All we do is shitpost and talk bad about everyone. Also, occasionally we kill mans.

free spea.... oh I see, you're retarded. Did someone impinge on your right to say friend of the family or something?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Akumos posted:

I bet whoever wrote that is really handsome and has a huge donger irl

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Akumos posted:

we clearly should have done a better job of hiding the gigantic staircase, huge buildings up on a hill, and random poo poo shacks on the ground

if only we had concealed our position better

now all is exposed for all to see :ohdear:

Akumos posted:

i want you to know how much i enjoyed clicking that button btw

i bet it was the only time anyone's ever been happy to see your name on a server list

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Inkel posted:

It wouldn't be gaming with goons if it wasn't filled with stupid people

Fixed that for ya.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
me seeing a new akumos post in the thread: :mrgw:

A Spider Covets