Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

simplyhorribul posted:

I dunno is it my poor reading abilities to pick up the not-so-obvious trolls, or why is it that these most flamboyant complainers always have someone they ordered the thing for? It's just screaming a mile away being bullshit.

Not saying that you should be sneaky enough to figure out plausible excuse to rage and win some karma points from the community/exclusive service from actual companies who care about happy customers.... :v:

Pretty sure that guy is intending to sound ridiculous and throw their bullshit analogy back in their face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ha ha gently caress

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

gschmidl posted:

quote:

The crowdfunding campaign for an app called Adoptly was suspended yesterday by Kickstarter. The pitch envisioned would-be adoptive parents selecting their future children through a swipe-based interface cribbed from Tinder.
:psyboom:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
In the year 6565 2017
You won't need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube your drat phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wow this is great

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PathAsc posted:

Pretty sure that guy is intending to sound ridiculous and throw their bullshit analogy back in their face.

Actually the guy sounds like he's mentally ill

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grassy Knowles posted:

Rob Schneider still gets work, and I sure know that poo poo isn't for anyone who isn't Gen X. I'd accept that it's not for anyone at all, though.

Being friends with Adam Sandler has its benefits it's how the majority of the people he knows still get work. But I doubt even Sandler watches Rob Schneider movies

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Actually the guy sounds like he's mentally ill

this guy rules

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

this guy rules

It's good that Tom Wolfe found the internet at age 85

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's good that Tom Wolfe found the internet at age 85

I like that this works equally well for both Tom Wolfes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUoXtddNPAM

I can picture a remake of little boxes where everyone/thing has radically different external appearances but their motions are still synchronized. And it being embraced by people who ignore the message that outer appearances may be different but the actions are identical. Even the use of apps and extremely niche Kickstarter-style products would have identical motions.

Edit: For example, everyone might get different meals at different times but it's consumed in an identical fashion and people go back to identical work.

Edit 2: Damnit, forgot to include why it's relevant to apps and kickstarter. And I used the Pete Seeger version of the song instead of the Malvina Reynolds one.

RandomPauI has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Jan 24, 2017

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What combination of stupid IoT bullshit would I need to be able to say "lights" and have a lamp turn on.

Y'know, like a clapper, only it works correctly and is a star trek.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Volcott posted:

What combination of stupid IoT bullshit would I need to be able to say "lights" and have a lamp turn on.

Y'know, like a clapper, only it works correctly and is a star trek.

Not much actually.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Dimmable-Equivalent-Amazon-LB100/dp/B01HXM8XF6/

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Echo-Dot-Add-Alexa-To-Any-Room/dp/B01DFKC2SO/

http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2017/1/23/14365338/amazon-echo-alexa-computer-wake-word-star-trek

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nvholders/nv-s-holder-will-keep-your-shirt-perfectly-tucked?ref=popular

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

That seems like a super effective birth control device, though!

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
It either makes the shirt look really unflattering, or people need to size up.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Congratulations. You looked at sock garters and thought "but what if I turned them upside down and acted like a smug prick on Kickstarter".

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
In the military, I had a pair of shirt stays that wrapped around my feet in stirrups. People coveted those shirt stays because my boxy regulation shirt always stayed immaculate while all their elaborate tucks fell apart. :smug:

Now I can buy shirts that actually fit and it's not a problem. :shrug:

Either way, those look uncomfortable and dumb as gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They look like something Dr. Frank-N-Furter would wear.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wow, shirt stays, that's only something that's existed for over a century. thanks kick starter

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Now what if they were connected to the internet so your phone could tell you when your shirt gets too untucked

Brb setting up a Kickstarter for the I-Holder

"Beauty is in the I* of the shirt holder"

*The I stands for internet

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dunno if having your shirt stretched tightly over your body like shrink wrap is an ideal look.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

The Moon Monster posted:

Dunno if having your shirt stretched tightly over your body like shrink wrap is an ideal look.

Depends on your body.

:quagmire:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Please note this is their SECOND successful Kickstarter, for an "improvement" over the first model.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who just tucks the shirt into his underwear?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
We can only hope.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There are also shirt stays that are just underwear with clips on it. I can't stress enough how much this already exists

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm the leg hair overflowing from the thigh bands

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

There are also shirt stays that are just underwear with clips on it. I can't stress enough how much this already exists

even so, get some nice shirts that actually fit, dont just buy em off the rack

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I'm sure this will go extremely well, and putting up JPEGs of your text in an illegible font will totally help.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

gschmidl posted:

I'm sure this will go extremely well, and putting up JPEGs of your text in an illegible font will totally help.

USD$400 for a coffee mug is a pretty sweet deal tho

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
And all the non-shoutout (which in itself is a steal at only $25) rewards are limited and add up to roughly ⅓ of the total goal.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

Big fan of Affect Effect and Preimere Pro.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Athletic Footjob posted:

“Affect Effect” is the working title for my psychological thriller film.

Original idea. Do not steal.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Platystemon posted:

poo poo, my idea was Effect Affect.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

Directed by Ben Affleck

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Athletic Footjob posted:

Don't forget 3D Max!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

in today's 'why in christ's name does kickstarter keep popping up in my facebook ads, i have literally never backed anything', we have....

https://www.funded.today/cashback/comingsoon/lamour?ref=FundedToday&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=fnd.to

heated shoes! powered by discarded galaxy s7 batteries (i can only hope)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Two Finger posted:

in today's 'why in christ's name does kickstarter keep popping up in my facebook ads, i have literally never backed anything', we have....

https://www.funded.today/cashback/comingsoon/lamour?ref=FundedToday&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=fnd.to

Where's the meat compartment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Two Finger posted: