Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

FastestGunAlive posted:

behemoths are cool because its fun to shoot the blimp with an arty truck and get kills off unsuspecting pubbies in the little boxes. and its cool to lay down lots of mines on the train track and wreck that poo poo because pubbies are too dumb to just shoot the ground in front of them constantly. arty truck.

my boyfriend calls it a gently caress truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice, I think of sex names for things normally too

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Robot Randy posted:

my boyfriend calls it a gently caress truck

:3:

Love him. Love u. Love arty truck.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Captain Log posted:

Dude, that was legitimately the most fun "period" of my life I've had online gaming. There was seriously about twenty regulars.

Someguy00 and I grouped up with a guy, whose name I'm forgetting, constantly who was a savant in a tank.

HisDudliness

Good guy. Lot of us miss him.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What up dummies I want to be inside of your battlefields (and hearts) on xbox one I filled out the form I want to cuddle your genitals.

edit: oh yea gt is spaceecho

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 7, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Add me for battlefielding times gt Baconfeet, just hop in my party. I'm usually playing with non-goons but they don't care.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

HisDudliness

Good guy. Lot of us miss him.

no, im pretty sure that was Carmaine318

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

In your opinion, what is the hardest weapon (not vehicle) to get a service star for?

Kolibri?
Field Gun?
Something else?

Because I will loving do it. I promise you that.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

RCarr posted:

In your opinion, what is the hardest weapon (not vehicle) to get a service star for?

Kolibri?
Field Gun?
Something else?

Definitely the Kolibri. Although i think the mounted machine guns are a close second, or the armored cars.

As I say, the field gun IS my sniper rifle. On Empire's Edge it's basically free points to use the field guns at D to rain hell upon E/F in the castle. If you see a sniper's glint, just aim like 3 inches above it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

red19fire posted:

Definitely the Kolibri. Although i think the mounted machine guns are a close second, or the armored cars.

As I say, the field gun IS my sniper rifle. On Empire's Edge it's basically free points to use the field guns at D to rain hell upon E/F in the castle. If you see a sniper's glint, just aim like 3 inches above it.

I've had some success with the mounted mg's scattered throughout the maps. On time on Suez the attackers were spawning behind the dunes and I was able to hop on an mg and just spray people with it. Must have grabbed 5 kills. Only got them because teammates with rifles were hitting the enemies and I would hose down the dune with my mg, finishing them off.

The problem is that they don't really do enough damage to warrant exposing yourself. You really have to hose someone down and odds are they'll break line of sight long before you're able to soak them in 4 seconds of bullets.

That or you'll get snipped by the three gently caress-heads across the map that sighted their rifle for that mg.

Solution: Something that I've been asking for in every BF game. Make the mounted mg's do way more damage. They vehicle mg's are so difficult to kill with because the tank/lav/jeep is moving too much.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 7, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

red19fire posted:

I just checked and I have 44 kills with the Kolibri. I accept this mission.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

You can sorta cheat that service star by laying mines and shooting them when an enemy runs by.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

RCarr posted:

Kolibri?
Field Gun?
Something else?

gas tripmine

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

Kolibri?
Field Gun?
Something else?

They count field guns and heavy mgs as "stationary weapons", which are considered vehicles, along with fortress turrets and AA guns. I don't think you get service stars for the individual weapons, but I've only got over 100 kills with the AA gun so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone have a service star with the repair tool yet?

Robot Randy posted:

gas tripmine

This is a good one. I don't think I've ever even used this.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Flare gun blind or whatever it is. I don't think I've ever even seen it be used

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Live At Five! posted:

Do they even do damage?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Yeah since they fire a burning flare I imagine it does the same damage as the flare gun spot. So not much but some. I've gotten 12 flare gun kills in 70 hours of playing scout

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Live At Five! posted:

I tried it when I unlocked it. It is the most embarrassingly bad weapon/gadget/anything in the game. It's like throwing sparklers into a room. Happy birthday motherfuckers! I'm now remarkably well lit and an easy target!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Has there ever been an effective flashbang/blinding mechanic in a game?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dinosaurs! posted:

Call of Duty?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
No the most embarrassing and awful gadget is the decoy. What a stupid loving idea. I've literally never seen one used.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Flash bang nades were great in bf4. Pubbies spam the poo poo out of them on locker but I've found them very effective in almost every map.

I've got one flare kill in a plane. I damage people on the reg with them but I guess only one guy was dumb enough to sit on it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

RCarr posted:

Anyone have a service star with the repair tool yet?

This is a good one. I don't think I've ever even used this.

Yeah I've been thinking this over the last couple of days. Most the time tanks get loving stomped unless they are hanging back as arty.

But the other day I was playing by myself (not with, that's different) and my team was getting laid out by a tank that would push up, waste us, get repaired by a wrench, and push up.

Really makes me wonder if I should start carrying the wrench.

But on the other hand every time one of us gets into armor we stomp anyways.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Flash bang nades were great in bf4. Pubbies spam the poo poo out of them on locker but I've found them very effective in almost every map.
IIRC there was also a glitch in BF4 that made flashbangs set off C4 in their radius, so you could use them to get flashbang kills on tanks :haw:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

Call of Duty?

Flashbangs are so good in that game. When I switched to battlefield they always felt like such a damp squib.

Live At Five! posted:

No the most embarrassing and awful gadget is the decoy. What a stupid loving idea. I've literally never seen one used.

I've seen them used. Not to any noticeable effect, but still. Technically you might be able to lure an aircraft or horse over to them with decent placement... To what end I don't know.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It's not like you need a decoy to sniff out snipers because of the gigantic loving scope glare of idiots sitting on a cliff.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The shield is funny to me. It's probably good at protecting them from other snipers but it's a nice easy to spot target for the arty truck.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I love shields because it's great fun to snipe them through the slit. I've only managed it once or twice but it was great. I've even managed to kill someone on a field gun through the tiny hole up front which I didn't think was actually possible

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Robot Randy posted:

no, im pretty sure that was Carmaine318

The third in the Someguy, Captain Log team was I THINK Nicko33. Good dude but never talked about anything.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dinosaurs! posted:

counterstrike

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Captain Log posted:

The third in the Someguy, Captain Log team was I THINK Nicko33. Good dude but never talked about anything.

no, there's only one person who's that good at video games and its Carmaine

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Captain Log posted:

He was one half of the nickomail 'tism meld

Sadly some guy does not play bf1 and nicko does very very rarely.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Nicko took the utter destruction and grief he caused in Bf4 and put it all into Elite Dangerous. He just trolls people in that because there is nothing to do.

Which is not as fun as Battlefield.

Come back, Nicko.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

FastestGunAlive posted:

He was one half of the nickomail 'tism meld

Sadly some guy does not play bf1 and nicko does very very rarely.

So Nicko was legitimately two shy people sharing an account? That's loving hysterical.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

What the hell are you talking about?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Played a game tonight where, as a medic, I outscored a tank whore who went 83-0. He quit after the round and wasn't on the scoreboard anymore so I couldn't grab a picture but drat I was proud.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Today I spent my time in the light tank goading heavy tanks into chasing me down narrow alleys then dropping mines. Eventually 4 assault mans and a dang tank hunter were chasing me around the windmills :feelsgood:

Also you can have 2 sets of light tank mines active at a time, for 6 in total. Each set of 3 is enough to wreck any other tank.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

red19fire posted:

Also you can have 2 sets of light tank mines active at a time, for 6 in total. Each set of 3 is enough to wreck any other tank.

Same with the party truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/BAKxQjP.gifv