Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

We've all been there.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

I just picture this guy walking down the Vegas strip looking up the signs and wonder what could have been.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Easier to get rid of than a tattoo, at least.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Never seen "make your b/o" before, I figured it out quickly but was amused at "give me $30 or some body odor"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

Never seen "make your b/o" before, I figured it out quickly but was amused at "give me $30 or some body odor"

>INVENTORY

You are carrying:

$30
body odor

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Pastry of the Year posted:

>INVENTORY

You are carrying:

$30
body odor

please stop describing my daily existence

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

>INVENTORY

You are carrying:

$30
body odor

>rub money into arm pit

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

>INVENTORY

You are carrying:

$30
body odor

This is one of those anti-piracy games where there's no way to proceed past the first few screens isn't it

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
My dad was trying to get rid of this ugly TV cabinet thing so he put it out on his driveway with a sign that said "free." It sat there for days until I suggested putting up a sign that said "$20 or best offer." It was gone the next day. People are weird, they would rather steal something than get it for free, I guess.

On the topic of Craigslist, over the summer I went to a guy's house to pick up a desk chair he was selling for $30. It's a really nice chair and I'm glad I got it, but he was apparently moving and selling lots of stuff because he got divorced, and in the five minutes it took to look at the chair and give him the money and take the chair to my car, he did nothing but talk about how his ex-wife scammed him out of everything and women will suck you dry like leeches, etc. I'm a woman, and he was mainly addressing this to my boyfriend who was with me. Awkward.

DorkusMalorkus has a new favorite as of 21:19 on Jan 25, 2017

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You got a good deal on his chair because he was in a desperate situation and had to move out

sounds like he was right

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

weird craigslist ads: Wrong pants but the rest is legit

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

For sale: Boba Fett, wrong pants

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

thyis is better.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

DorkusMalorkus posted:

My dad was trying to get rid of this ugly TV cabinet thing so he put it out on his driveway with a sign that said "free." It sat there for days until I suggested putting up a sign that said "$20 or best offer." It was gone the next day. People are weird, they would rather steal something than get it for free, I guess.

On the topic of Craigslist, over the summer I went to a guy's house to pick up a desk chair he was selling for $30. It's a really nice chair and I'm glad I got it, but he was apparently moving and selling lots of stuff because he got divorced, and in the five minutes it took to look at the chair and give him the money and take the chair to my car, he did nothing but talk about how his ex-wife scammed him out of everything and women will suck you dry like leeches, etc. I'm a woman, and he was mainly addressing this to my boyfriend who was with me. Awkward.

Did you ask him when he was going to start sucking dick, then? No women and he could start sucking people dry instead.
:downsrim:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Antivehicular posted:

it's not even Boba Fett, it's god drat Bubba Fett

thats the best part

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

it's not even Boba Fett, it's god drat Bubba Fett

thats the best part

The Country Mac of Star Wars.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I believe those are the correct pants for Bubba Fett

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

DorkusMalorkus posted:

"Free" implies that the owner is trying to get rid of it so obviously something must be wrong with it, "$20 or less" implies the item is still worth having but cheap enough to not be missed if taken. It's the same counterintuitive logic that goes with higher price = higher demand; people feel like they are getting a luxury item at a higher price and are more likely to buy it than the same quality but lower priced item that's seen as somehow inferior (see: brand-name soda vs dollar-store soda). The better the deal the less likely people are to trust it, "it's too good to be true!" etc so you have to work harder to convince people they should take the opportunity.

I used to work in sales. Sales psychology is weird. It's that sort of weird logical-irrationality that plagues other business fields like the stock market.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 01:24 on Feb 6, 2017

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I believe those are the correct pants for Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett don't wear pants.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"There is a party coming up."

"It gonna be a hot sex party."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

yikes

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That thing is probably worth thousands in South Africa.

edit:

In fact: http://www.aaawt.com/html/banks_gallery1.html

Might not be a bad buy there just to resell it.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I remember seeing one of those at an antique store when I was like 7, 8 years old, except it was a man and wearing minstrel clothes. I didn't know it was a racist thing and played with it for a long time, no one stopped me. I just thought it was cool, I loved mechanical old toys like that :smith:

e: they are called a "Jolly N***** Bank" if you are interested in further research on racist novelty items

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, in light of that maybe don't buy it and resell it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, in light of that maybe don't buy it and resell it.

waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you on that

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I have met Black people who collected racist tchotchkes like that. :shrug: Not people I was close enough to to ask about their rationale for doing it, though.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have met Black people who collected racist tchotchkes like that. :shrug: Not people I was close enough to to ask about their rationale for doing it, though.

This. I have a co worker who collects Mammy figures. Props for trying to take it back I guess.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sexual Aluminum posted:

This. I have a co worker who collects Mammy figures. Props for trying to take it back I guess.

I've known two seperate black dudes who collect confederate flag themed kitsch and wear shirts with it on them in public. Both of them just like the flag design and hate liberals though.

Introducing them to each other was weird as all gently caress

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've known two seperate black dudes who collect confederate flag themed kitsch and wear shirts with it on them in public. Both of them just like the flag design and hate liberals though.

Introducing them to each other was weird as all gently caress

I presume the ensuing broadsword battle and beheading would be strange to most people.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean, this doesn't sound out of the ordinary.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

AlbieQuirky posted:

I collect "foreign menace" comic books. I use them as a teaching tool to show how media encapsulates the fears people believe or what the majority should believe. Started as a pre-Code collection of vampire comics and grew. Turns out if you tell people you pay money for such things, you'll end up with a longbox stored in your parents' cedar closet.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

queserasera posted:

I collect "foreign menace" comic books. I use them as a teaching tool to show how media encapsulates the fears people believe or what the majority should believe. Started as a pre-Code collection of vampire comics and grew. Turns out if you tell people you pay money for such things, you'll end up with a longbox stored in your parents' cedar closet.

Probably get a chance to buy some new ones in the next few years.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You had me and then you lost me, chief

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

How do you know when someone's grandma died?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

There's something kind of sad about someone missing one season of a TV show collection this way. Grandma will never know what happened in season 6!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Haha yeah Grandma loved them Catherine Bell boobs.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Haha yeah Grandma loved them Catherine Bell boobs.

My experience with grandmas is that they like what they like and are far beyond giving a poo poo about what anyone thinks about it.

My grandma, when she was dying in the hospital, told my mother to look under her (my grandma's) bed, and bring her the "hot, sexy books" she had stashed there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My experience with grandmas is that they like what they like and are far beyond giving a poo poo about what anyone thinks about it.

My grandma, when she was dying in the hospital, told my mother to look under her (my grandma's) bed, and bring her the "hot, sexy books" she had stashed there.

Had she printed out some Murdoch Mysteries?