Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Groovelord Neato posted:

the packers' biggest lead was 16.

and if brady throws 4 picks the pats don't win the game so LOL

and yet the Seahawks had a worse chance to win than the Pats.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24978832/look-seahawks-win-probability-went-down-to-10-percent-vs-packers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah, Brady is the only QB with a winning record when throwing 50+ times.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

They had a worse chance to win the SB this year too.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, Brady is the only QB with a winning record when throwing 50+ times.

Close, but basically Brady goes nuts and throws the ball 50+ times way more then anyone else, and is the only one to use it as a winning strategy and not just a fallback when way behind

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The 25 point comeback is so easy, that's why it happens so often in Super Bowls.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
And if you want a more comparable game, Drew Brees had one a few years ago where he threw 63 times, for 462 yards and 4 TDs, getting the go-ahead TD with less than 2 minutes left against one of the best defenses in the league in the 49ers after being down the entire game.

It's just that the Saints D was a paper towel that let Alex Smith walk down the field and toss a TD to Vernon Davis like he was Joe Montana or something.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also, since the 50+ attempts number is pretty silly, here's the 40+ attempts table:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Abugadu posted:

And if you want a more comparable game, Drew Brees had one a few years ago where he threw 63 times, for 462 yards and 4 TDs, getting the go-ahead TD with less than 2 minutes left against one of the best defenses in the league in the 49ers after being down the entire game.

It's just that the Saints D was a paper towel that let Alex Smith walk down the field and toss a TD to Vernon Davis like he was Joe Montana or something.

we're talking about in the Big Game my dude.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Abugadu posted:

Tom Brady did it in the super bowl and came back 25 points.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Abugadu posted:

Trigger warning that crap.

GODDAMNIT VERNON DAVIS.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/GAFollowers/status/828637717965717504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Silly Burrito posted:

Trigger warning that crap.

GODDAMNIT VERNON DAVIS.

It's funny because most 49er fans have the exact same reaction to him now.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Kalli posted:

only one to use it as a winning strategy and not just a fallback when way behind

I feel like this is the critical point. Bill gameplans for this, and uses the short passing game as a substitute for the running game because he sees/exploits mismatches. It's never a 'oh we're down 2+ scores, time to bomb it' strategy. And don't get me wrong, Brady is a great QB for being able to execute it, and have a high completion % while doing it. And I'm fine calling him the GOAT, he's done it with poo poo receivers for most of his career minus the time with Moss. There's plenty of reasons to admire the guy, I just feel like saying this was his greatest game and a testament to his awesomeness is really loving overblown considering how many basic things the Falcons hosed up and how many tiny miracles had to happen for it to occur.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

My guy. I can only cum so much. Think about my penis for just a moment, please.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Abugadu posted:

I feel like this is the critical point. Bill gameplans for this, and uses the short passing game as a substitute for the running game because he sees/exploits mismatches. It's never a 'oh we're down 2+ scores, time to bomb it' strategy. And don't get me wrong, Brady is a great QB for being able to execute it, and have a high completion % while doing it. And I'm fine calling him the GOAT, he's done it with poo poo receivers for most of his career minus the time with Moss. There's plenty of reasons to admire the guy, I just feel like saying this was his greatest game and a testament to his awesomeness is really loving overblown considering how many basic things the Falcons hosed up and how many tiny miracles had to happen for it to occur.

He came back from 25 down in 18 minutes in the Super Bowl.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

My guy. I can only cum so much. Think about my penis for just a moment, please.

I wonder just how many of these were made and how much off a loss they have to take.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

I wonder just how many of these were made and how much off a loss they have to take.

Don't they just ship that poo poo off to third world countries? I remember seeing a bunch of posts about 19-0 gear in Africa after the 07 season.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Russad posted:

Don't they just ship that poo poo off to third world countries? I remember seeing a bunch of posts about 19-0 gear in Africa after the 07 season.

I think they just destroy it now.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It fucks up local economies because the shirt sellers can't compete with free.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Russad posted:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

What a deflating meltdown by the Falcons... only called 5 run plays after they were up 28-3 and Matt kept snapping it with like 12 seconds on the play clock. So frustrating! At least they should be decent next year, hope they don't go for Chip Kelly.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Football nerdist poo poo nobody pays attention to because we just posting ____ is shook:

One of the punt returns the Patriots tried a trick play that no one mentioned, which is why they ended up with pretty bad field position, but it would've probably been a touchdown if the gunner didn't play it great:

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/828429392347070464

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kalli posted:

Close, but basically Brady goes nuts and throws the ball 50+ times way more then anyone else, and is the only one to use it as a winning strategy and not just a fallback when way behind

that's insane. this basically shows that only one coach in the NFL knows when to abandon the run on purpose. also those 93 plays don't count all the defensive penalties the pats drew

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Abugadu posted:

This is horseshit. Edelman, Welker and Gronk are all really good players. What's more is that those early superbowls he wasn't the main reason they won. I'm all for calling him the greatest, but lets not act like he had no help at any of the skill positions ever at any point.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
winning without the best player on the team is also kind of nuts (it's gronk he's better than Brady that's right. also Edelmans gf lima is hotter than Gisele)

Nov 6, 2002

Part of me wants to see that game played again with Gronk, Collins and Jones.

But the other part of me likes the 31 unanswered points lol.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/NeilJSmith1/status/828622180627935233

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

winning without the best player on the team is also kind of nuts (it's gronk he's better than Brady that's right. also Edelmans gf lima is hotter than Gisele)

I'm really glad Gronk got to play in the Seahawks-Pats super bowl because I'm not sure he's ever going to get to another one without an injury. Which really, really sucks as he's such a fun player to watch.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Kalli posted:

Football nerdist poo poo nobody pays attention to because we just posting ____ is shook:

One of the punt returns the Patriots tried a trick play that no one mentioned, which is why they ended up with pretty bad field position, but it would've probably been a touchdown if the gunner didn't play it great:

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/828429392347070464

I wonder how often teams try that play but it just goes unnoticed when it doesn't work. Every time a team pulls it off I wonder why I don't see it more (I know it's very situational, but still), but maybe it's just that you don't always see the guy faking the catch since the camera dudes are usually faked out and it's not discussed if it doesn't result in a big return.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

dphi posted:

I wonder how often teams try that play but it just goes unnoticed when it doesn't work. Every time a team pulls it off I wonder why I don't see it more (I know it's very situational, but still), but maybe it's just that you don't always see the guy faking the catch since the camera dudes are usually faked out and it's not discussed if it doesn't result in a big return.

yeah I mean, I thought the return looked weird, but they didn't even show a replay, so I just figured the punter had made a great kick and Edelman fair caught it at the sideline for no discernible reason. Then this pops up and I'm like, oh I didn't even see Edelman go the other way... ohhhh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fioVbt7eF8

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Please, the real origin of that is Toub with Hester and Johnny Knox and it was called back on a completely bullshit flag away from the play because the refs love green bay

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Can't MVP Matt Ryan audible

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Beauty is Jeff Fisher randomly destroying the Seahawks.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah, several examples of it being pulled off successfully, this is the first time I've seen it not work which makes me wonder if it mostly goes unnoticed to viewers not paying close attention - or maybe I've just missed those occasions.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkBKJMTCHGk

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kalli posted:

Beauty is Jeff Fisher randomly destroying the Seahawks.

there is no more beauty in the world

9-3 in week two is the last flower in a nation soon to be filled with ashes

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

That punt return might be my favorite non-Pats play. I love tricky bullshit like that.

The only bad thing about that Super Bowl (besides playing like crap for like 40 minutes): Edelman is no longer perfect in passing.
The only way it could have been better: A game-ending safety after Atlanta got the ball back when Pats tied it.

Overall, I'm just glad that if my home republic is going to be destroyed, at least my team won a game.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
:nws::nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqCxnnpOCQQ&feature=share

:nws::nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Besides that guy (and you) and pearl clutching old women who have nothing better to do besides call the FCC about the slightest thing that they disagree with on TV, who cares? :nallears:

• Locked thread