Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
EA has actually gotten way better it seems mostly, Ubisoft though, they're the ones making just really bland, if mostly technically proficient, games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

Titanfall 2 is really really loving good. Also online is fun for olds due to AI bots and Titan combat.

Played the Ghost Recon Wildlands beta this weekend. Feels like an updated Mercenaries. Kinda hope they tweak vehicle controls and some other things, but otherwise, I think I might grab it next month.

There are still human opponents mixed in with bots though so keep that in mind. I really hope frontier defense comes back, I love a good co-op horde mode that's just you and some pals against the AI.

Also yeah I'm getting a strong Mercenaries feel from Wildlands, could be a pretty good game with a bit more care to it. The beta shows promise, but I'm hoping it's older code cause if this is what they're shipping out in a month, it doesn't really bode too well.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

?

They haven't made a game that I've liked for a long time, is all.

They didn't really make the game at all, per-se, just backed it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
two finger whats goin on with your internet?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Sheep are high latency

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im redoing it once we get more people in

are you?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i forgot to put more coins in

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah i was waiting so i should prolly get on that

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

got inspired by a tweet

http://i.imgur.com/IjkHc9s.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/yO85y6z.gifv

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
finally got some shark time in with two finger, so sure enough 2nd game we played we ran into the most blatant cheater ive encountered in almost 1000 matches

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

finally got some shark time in with two finger, so sure enough 2nd game we played we ran into the most blatant cheater ive encountered in almost 1000 matches

come shark with us

yo ebb come be a diver :getin:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I started playing the first Mech Commander game again today, it's really nice and cool to see MICROPROSE as a splash screen

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

come shark with us

yo ebb come be a diver :getin:

I own the game but I'm terrible at it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I own the game but I'm terrible at it.

terrible at divering or sharking or both? i can help you with the sharking

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

as long as i get to wreck EBB i'm happy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Both. I'm pretty poo poo at it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
a lot of the people that have been playing for a while are loving savage and it can turn off newbies, but thanks to the recent sale and that markiplier guy youtubing, theres a lot of people that are just as confused as you playing right now

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Who got Nioh

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Capn Beeb posted:

Also yeah I'm getting a strong Mercenaries feel from Wildlands, could be a pretty good game with a bit more care to it. The beta shows promise, but I'm hoping it's older code cause if this is what they're shipping out in a month, it doesn't really bode too well.

Yeah, as it stands, I'm waiting for reviews before I buy it. Tons of little things they need to fix, helicopter and plane controls for one.

Also, I keep hearing The Division is good now. Any truth to that statement?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
They made some positive changes to the game.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, as it stands, I'm waiting for reviews before I buy it. Tons of little things they need to fix, helicopter and plane controls for one.

Just finished updating the game on the PS4 today and so far the first two hours are exactly what I remember from when I tried the game at launch (and returned in the two hour steam window). Just now seems a lot less lower level players to do things with. Guessing most of the changes are for end game content.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Should have mentioned, I played through the main game at release and sold it after getting to the end game and getting bored with it. Maybe if it drops to tenbucks again I'll grab it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

They did for one fleeting moment, but then it returned to it's lovely state with some mild improvements. A turd with some peanuts on it that floats around the bowl becauses you, the developer, can't figure out if you want to flush, plunge, or let it flounder so others can see your proud creation.

Still no real end game content
AI is still incredibly overpowered, including:

1) Not impacted by status effects like fire, tear gas, shock weapons, bleeding
2) One of their healing boxes has a big enough radius to fill a room, go through the walls, and fill half of the neighboring rooms
3) Never miss a shot
4) Turbo sprinting faster than the player can even with their "oh poo poo I'm in trouble gotta go fast" ultimate power active
5) Never miss a grenade, either thrown or fired from a launcher
6) Can still churn out grenades while getting shot in the face over and over
7) Can throw grenades far further than the player can
8) Can still throw out turrets, healer boxes, seeker mines, etc with zero cooldown. Have seen LMB guys drop three turrets at once inside of ten seconds.
9) Can hack your own deployed items, something the player cannot do.
10) Heavies will make a beeline for your deployed items, no matter where they are, to kick it apart. This involves climbing things they would never climb otherwise, and if they can't reach it, they just kinda freeze and sit there, tanking your 150k+ damage headshots.

Player durability reduced time and time again
Weapons nerfed due to PvP demands, despite PvP being the smallest group of players so the PvE folks are getting shat upon
Player deployed items sometimes simply don't work at all. A flame turret lasers a target but does not fire, for example.
Playerbase still dwindling as Massive refuses to really address core problems with the game, keeps adding peanuts to turd

It really is too bad as the mechanics of the game are pretty fun, and I love the atmosphere in the DZ, but the cons far outweigh the pros.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
tried the division during a free weekend recently, and gently caress that garbage. bullet sponge enemies in a tom clancy game is dumb as hell. if i shoot some dude in the face and he doesnt even react, then no loving thanks

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

tried the division during a free weekend recently, and gently caress that garbage. bullet sponge enemies in a tom clancy game is dumb as hell. if i shoot some dude in the face and he doesnt even react, then no loving thanks

yeah that poo poo seemed dumb as gently caress adn kept me away from that game . AN M60+3 Of Owning Does 9120931 DPS like what

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sniping in BF1 makes me want to slam my balls in a car door

Gonna give up on the sniper medals and just try to ride iron sight rifles to level 10, which suck in a different but slightly lesser way

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If you're still bothering with medals at this point then I dunno what to tell you. I haven't touched them since week three or four. Apparently there are some that require things as stupid as, say, spot assist kills, but squad spot assist kills don't count.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FastestGunAlive posted:

If you're still bothering with medals at this point then I dunno what to tell you. I haven't touched them since week three or four. Apparently there are some that require things as stupid as, say, spot assist kills, but squad spot assist kills don't count.

When I had the realization in week two that squad assist didn't count for assist and vice versa I completely stopped working for any medals because that's just a terrible system. Plus the experience boost doesn't really help with anything at all.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm8P8utT5g
:catstare:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

http://tasvideos.org/TASBot.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj7RE2DcRgc

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 8, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's rad as hell.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

MGSV is so good guys.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

MGSV is so good guys.

gameplay in that game owns

also I just read the switch thread for my own personal amusement and some guy bitching about Zelda spoilers and its just like WTF to me.

Granted I haven't played a zelda since windwaker, but arent all the stories like 99% identical?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

MGSV is so good guys.

still best game of all time to me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm a weirdo and generally anti-remake poo poo, but if they could somehow recreate the entire MG franchise in fox engine that would just be the most glorious thing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the fox engine was fantastic. too bad that it's locked away forever in konami hq

kojima is using guerrila's engine for their new stuff, which he praised very highly- they said that they collaborated a bunch on it, which is a product of the contract that he signed with Sony. Kojima brought the guys that made the fox engine with him, so i'm not worried about him using the horizon zero dawn engine

id kill for a full series creating in fox engine

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what is guerrilla engine?

edit: oh yeah and "they" I meant somehow kojima not some dumbass cash in konami poo poo like whatever this new metal gear poo poo is

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I'm only 50% through it. Escaping the hospital right this very moment.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the fox engine was fantastic. too bad that it's locked away forever in konami hq

kojima is using guerrila's engine for their new stuff, which he praised very highly- they said that they collaborated a bunch on it, which is a product of the contract that he signed with Sony. Kojima brought the guys that made the fox engine with him, so i'm not worried about him using the horizon zero dawn engine

id kill for a full series creating in fox engine

Shame we'll never get that MGS3 fox engine remaster that was teased for a god drat pachinko game :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Capn Beeb posted:

Shame we'll never get that MGS3 fox engine remaster that was teased for a god drat pachinko game :argh:

that was like the best "gently caress YOU" i've seen in a bit, videogame wise