Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

handsome only face posted:

Dada 5000 is art

no, kimbo is the one who is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If you have a problem with me, PM me, otherwise don't be an rear end in a top hat.

How about you grow a thicker skin? I'm being sarcastic because you report a bunch of people. I was preparing for an insult back from you that would make me laugh.

I don't need to PM that.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Captain Log posted:

How about you grow a thicker skin? I'm being sarcastic because you report a bunch of people. I was preparing for an insult back from you that would make me laugh.

I don't need to PM that.

Yeah.... I was being sarcastic too... because you make many unfunny posts.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Fozzy The Bear posted:

If you have a problem with me, PM me, otherwise don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Uh, id argue everyone who openly mocked me and my fun mma adventures were far less of an rear end in a top hat than the guy who openly wanted me to post more about my fun experiences and exclusive scoops whilst at the same time reporting every post I made.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

Uh, id argue everyone who openly mocked me and my fun mma adventures were far less of an rear end in a top hat than the guy who openly wanted me to post more about my fun experiences and exclusive scoops whilst at the same time reporting every post I made.

Is empty quoting alright under our new administration? Because that's what I want to do here.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Yeah.... I was being sarcastic too... because you make many unfunny posts.

hes dead, posting as a ghost, whats your excuse

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

willie_dee posted:

All I wanted you to do was stop posting about how you had super exclusive insider information on GSP's sexuality, and you did that, so you're cool with me now, for whatever that's worth*

*nothing

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bundt Cake posted:

hes dead, posting as a ghost, whats your excuse

I just laughed so loud my Pops walked into the room to see what was so funny.

Edit : Before "Goonthink" kicks in and I'm classified as someone who lives with their parent - It's true, but I'm my father's legal guardian, power of attorney, and caretaker. I do a lot of other things.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 7, 2017

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

willie_dee posted:

I only reported the stupid gimmick Thompson posts. Which I guess looking back was almost every post you made, you're right.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I only reported the stupid gimmick Thompson posts. Which I guess looking back was almost every post you made, you're right.

is it a gimmick if he actually stalked and harassed james thompson until james did a podcast with him? unless we're saying that the zodiac had a gimmick.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Episode 1 of embedded for 208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox8LIMSLBvw

Featuring:

- Anderson Silva mean mugging a tiny child
- Derek Brunson's daughter at a pageant
- Germaine de Randamie continuing the proud tradition of Dutch fighters low kicking girls to death

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

is it a gimmick if he actually stalked and harassed james thompson until james did a podcast with him? unless we're saying that the zodiac had a gimmick.

Most serial killers have gimmicks, it's how we distinguish them from regular killers.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

Episode 1 of embedded for 208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox8LIMSLBvw

Featuring:

- Anderson Silva mean mugging a tiny child
- Derek Brunson's daughter at a pageant
- Germaine de Randamie continuing the proud tradition of Dutch fighters low kicking girls to death

"She's going to be a threat to everyone in the division!"

So, Holly then.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

could be fun at welter weight. theyre like friends or something and mcgregor sort of wants the welterweight title.. he should at least have to fight some people in the top 10

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Memento posted:

"She's going to be a threat to everyone in the division!"

So, Holly then.

They could fold the Invicta 145lb division into the UFC like they did the WEC and it would still be a wasteland

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

chaleski posted:

They could fold the Invicta 145lb division into the UFC like they did the WEC and it would still be a wasteland

I've been saying for ages that even though people are signed to the UFC, have the non-title / top contender fights in their lovely divisions (lhw, mw, w135 and w145) on the cards of their premiere feeder leagues. It gives the feeder leagues some name / production value and could drive viewership of these organisations while simultaneously not forcing us to watch lovely fights that honestly aren't ufc calibre.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

bear here looking or captain log. thought the best place to find him would be in psp since i know the fucker can't pay his platinum bill

Lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I post by shouting at people on the streets.

Anyways, did Anderson mention a weight for the contest? If he did, I missed it. I believe Anderson when he says he has nothing left to prove. He seems to like Conor and think it would be fun.

Still, 167 pound Anderson is loooong gone.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Captain Log posted:

I post by shouting at people on the streets.

Anyways, did Anderson mention a weight for the contest? If he did, I missed it. I believe Anderson when he says he has nothing left to prove. He seems to like Conor and think it would be fun.

Still, 167 pound Anderson is loooong gone.

Unless he severs that leg that broke.

You know, so it can't break again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Captain Log posted:

Is empty quoting alright under our new administration? Because that's what I want to do here.

It should be acceptable. An empty quote is just the forums equivalent of applause.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Chichevache posted:

It should be acceptable. An empty quote is just the forums equivalent of applause.

I use it as a way to say "Look at this stupid bullshit."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Chichevache posted:

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Grem posted:

I use it as a way to say "Look at this stupid bullshit."

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

chaleski posted:

i think women's 145 has the same sort of problem that men's HW is sometimes argued to have in that any woman who is both genuinely athletic and can't make 145 is probably doing a sport with more prestige like olympic field events or lifting or swimming or whatever.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

i think women's 145 has the same sort of problem that men's HW is sometimes argued to have in that any woman who is both genuinely athletic and can't make 145 is probably doing a sport with more prestige like olympic field events or lifting or swimming or whatever.

Are there many elite female athletes out there who are too big to make 145 if they were fighters? The famous "Big Female Athlete" is Serena Williams, and according to google she's 5'9" and 150 lbs - pretty much the same as Ronda.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommonShore posted:

Are there many elite female athletes out there who are too big to make 145 if they were fighters? The famous "Big Female Athlete" is Serena Williams, and according to google she's 5'9" and 150 lbs - pretty much the same as Ronda.

Well there's a couple things: 1 is that they underreport the weight of female athletes much in the same way that male athletes weight is sometimes overreported, but again look at people like swimmers, shotputters, that sort of thing. Katy Ledecky, for example, is 6'0" 159 pounds, and Allison Schmitt is 6'1" 163lbs. They're both swimmers. If you are a woman with huge muscles and into athletics that's the kind of place you tend to get funneled to.

I'm not necessarily saying there's thousands of women like this out there. Just that the few that are are definitely not doing MMA. Even if they all were it would probably still be a thin division.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CommonShore posted:

lots .. track cyclists come to mind. though im sure if their sport called for it they could lose some mass

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I.N.R.I posted:

lots .. track cyclists come to mind. though im sure if their sport called for it they could lose some mass

But cyborg showed us losing mass is impossible.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The ABC just recommended some more changes to the unified rules of MMA which will be voted on in July.

1) Instant Replay. For matches where replay is available, they recommended that the referee (not the promoter or sanctioning body, it can only be called for by the ref) be allowed to go to replay if he suspects that a foul may have ended a match. He can not go to replay for fouls that do not end a match or to see if a fighter tapped. Apparently replay is currently available in Nevada, who knew?

2) Threshold for technical decisions. We currently have a 2/3, 3/5 system where matches are a no contest if fights have to be prematurely stopped before the end of the 2nd round in a 3 round fight or the end of the 3rd round of a 5 round fight. (due to fouls, cuts, or other things that are not a KO or sub) The recommendation is to go to the scorecards if the fight is stopped during the 2nd round of a 3 round fight or the 3rd round of a 5 round fight, and the partial round can also be scored.

Aside from that, the other changes involve rules for how to wrap hands, and they want to clarify that if you lose control of a bodily function, you will lose by TKO.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rigel posted:

Aside from that, the other changes involve rules for how to wrap hands, and they want to clarify that if you lose control of a bodily function, you will lose by TKO.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/deep-thoughts-1/2859832

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Rigel posted:

The Maine-iac Rule

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Antonio Silva def. Travis Browne TKO (spastic movement)

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Rigel posted:

Just another way that Yoel Romero has cheated.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Rigel posted:

Apparently replay is currently available in Nevada, who knew?

The UFC installed hardware for instant replay at MGM or Mandalay Bay during Keith Kizer's reign, and upon seeing all the extra monitors he got really mad and unplugged them all.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Cool I thought this was a sport for people who want to be a loving fighter & compete with their whole hearts to crush the dreams and life of another man but I guess actually it's Barbie time mall karate. Like for loving real?? The goal is to use your ENTIRE body and ALL techniques to defeat the opponent! How can you even call this real fighting if it's illegal to poo poo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
What if a fighter loudly announces they are making GBS threads on purpose?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

LobsterMobster posted:

It's in there tight Mike....no.....no he let it go.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

LobsterMobster posted:

“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.” - Henry David Thoreau

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
This will start an arms race of diuretics doping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's in there tight Mike....no.....no he let it go.

Corn to the core.

• Locked thread