Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

flick3r posted:

This is a thing already. And maps are a thing already...

You can write on the map?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Permanently banned from the Twitch superstar Whitemage01's server for "Being psychotic in voice chat."

All I said was "Let me lick your tummy." While knocking her down repeatedly with a 2 handed maul.

The licker became the lickee it seems.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Snatch Duster posted:

Permanently banned from the Twitch superstar Whitemage01's server for "Being psychotic in voice chat."

All I said was "Let me lick your tummy." While knocking her down repeatedly with a 2 handed maul.

The licker became the lickee it seems.

I'm happy to still be hearing about this over 8 hours later. :catstare:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want the ability to make a giant storage chest.
Like, I can make a forge, a castle and crossbows but I can't make a larger box?

Something where all non-food items don't decay if not outside. No reason why my stack of stones would decay if not exposed to the elements.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bonapartisan posted:

I'm happy to still be hearing about this over 8 hours later. :catstare:

Is this thread only for BMW? There are lurkers and other goons not in your discord.

Stop being so self-centered and chill.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can also put me on ignore!

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If yall are screwing with streamers yall should really be posting VODs, makes it 10x funnier.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Taylor Swift posted:

If yall are screwing with streamers yall should really be posting VODs, makes it 10x funnier.

There really hasn't been many memorable events besides that one and another involving a Dungeon Defenders 2 developer.

After playing on Something Dongful, going to lag ridden and low crafting/exp/resource gather streamer servers is painful.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

So what do thralls do, besides the guards and archers? Ive caught a forge worker and a black smith, and I'm not seeing anything that they give me as benefit.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
You put them in the respective crafting area slot for bonuses. Look at the bottom of your forge and you'll see slots for Thralls. They can give you recipes and speed up production I guess. Honestly I've never had one long enough to test because every loving server I play on shits the bed. My last one I had a Blacksmith III and Dancer III cooking overnight and woke up to the patch that made all placed items just disappear.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I want the ability to make a giant storage chest.
Like, I can make a forge, a castle and crossbows but I can't make a larger box?

Something where all non-food items don't decay if not outside. No reason why my stack of stones would decay if not exposed to the elements.

You can make a large chest at like level 25 I think. Also, stones don't decay. Pretty sure the only things that decay are food items, right? If I'm wrong, I don't know how I never realized that, and it's really dumb!

winterwerefox posted:

So what do thralls do, besides the guards and archers? Ive caught a forge worker and a black smith, and I'm not seeing anything that they give me as benefit.

Supposedly you need a crafter thrall at a station to craft "flawless" or "exceptional" versions of items.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Hammerstein posted:

I'm a loving idiot....

I trusted the review on Comparegamehosting.com, but now I looked up other sites and it seems Survivalservers.com is one of the worst solutions you can opt for.

I used to have a 7d2d server with survivalservers for a few months and it worked all right. Though that was somewhat recently and 7d2d has a lot of development behind it compared to a fresh alpha mess like this.

Honk if you get another Euroserver going. I don't usually bother with games this early in development but if the exp rates are cranked up I'll bring another dong to swing in the wind.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoGoGadget posted:

You can make a large chest at like level 25 I think. Also, stones don't decay. Pretty sure the only things that decay are food items, right? If I'm wrong, I don't know how I never realized that, and it's really dumb!

Supposedly you need a crafter thrall at a station to craft "flawless" or "exceptional" versions of items.

There is a slight, SLIGHT chance that I mixed up Conan with Rimworld.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
RIP all non inventory storage in goon server. Hopefully you guys used all available resources and didn't have anything stockpiled. I lost all of my equipment, thralls, and the building supplies I was going to use to upgrade my base. :(

Doctors Inc
May 28, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

You're welcome.

I will post in the thread if Survivalservers gets their poo poo together in the next hours. And if they don't we will move to GTXGaming, they have far better reviews.

Did some searching yesterday and found a server - [EU] The Riddle of Steel. A RP-PvP server, is/was that yours? In any case I started building a base near the mitra shrine and everything seemed to work shiny and chrome.
Keep us updated for some eurogoon action if the server changes

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004

Commoners posted:

RIP all non inventory storage in goon server. Hopefully you guys used all available resources and didn't have anything stockpiled. I lost all of my equipment, thralls, and the building supplies I was going to use to upgrade my base. :(

What the hell happened?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

What the hell happened?

Known bug, supposedly fixed with yesterdays patches, just after the server went down and erased it all.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Doctors Inc posted:

Did some searching yesterday and found a server - [EU] The Riddle of Steel. A RP-PvP server, is/was that yours? In any case I started building a base near the mitra shrine and everything seemed to work shiny and chrome.
Keep us updated for some eurogoon action if the server changes

Mine is down, that's a pub server.

Anyway - let's get some stuff done.

Yesterday night Survivalservers updated my control panel and their Twitter and we got this gem:

...so it might be down and out all Tue and Wednesday which is too long.

Before I went to bed I sent them a refund ticket and made a backup of the server's database. Now it's 6-7 hours later, server is still down and their forum is starting to catch fire since a lot of customers are affected. They got some servers up again but their owners are reporting crashes and really bad lag.

Currently picking a new host...details coming withing the next hour....

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 7, 2017

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Server chat.

I went with survivalservers.com as well. What a crap show. Too bad because their cpanel/ui is really nice and clean. Still can't open a ticket or connect to my server 48 hours later. Going to issue a chargeback today because gently caress that.

Currently on the 2 day trial on nfoservers.com Seems rock solid so far and support has been really fast. Heard that after the 2 day period poo poo might go south fast but who knows, they have one of the better rankings on trustpilot (in a sea of poo poo).

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

Server chat.

I went with survivalservers.com as well. What a crap show. Too bad because their cpanel/ui is really nice and clean.

Nice and clean - til you find out that it overwrites the config on the server. So if you ever want to change any server parameters not supported by their UI and work directly in the config file you are out of luck.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerstein posted:

Nice and clean - til you find out that it overwrites the config on the server. So if you ever want to change any server parameters not supported by their UI and work directly in the config file you are out of luck.

Yeah the more I dug through their setup the less I liked :shobon:

Nfoservers seems pretty good so far. Who did you end up going with?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Dear Goons,

We are back in the game:

[EU] The Riddle of Steel - PvP

88.99.0.69:27105

70 slot server hosted by Nitrous Networks (picked a server located in Germany) - their reviews were the best. 9.7 out of over 400 reviews, they also got a Steam group and I talked to one of their guys a few days ago (and then still took Survivalservers cause it was cheaper, silly me) https://www.trustpilot.com/review/nitrous-networks.com

The bad part: they are more expensive.

The good part: This thing was up and running within minutes, updates properly with a progress bar over the Steam console, reboots within seconds and seems to be in an entirely different league - quality wise - than Survivalservers. With tons of bells and whistles like a proper resource monitor. Their client area is more complicated and console based than Survivalservers, but it feels like stepping onto the Enterprise after trucking around in a garbage can before.

The server name now also shows up not only under Steam servers but also in the in-game server browser.

Let me know how your ping and performance is. From here (Vienna) I'm connecting to their German location with about 50ms. The German servers are located in Falkenstein and at first I was like "Ugh, middle of nowhere" while I would have preferred a large financial center like Frankfurt, but it looks like they are hosting in a huge data center which was built there recently, so we should be fine.

I imported the old database and my character is still there - so you should be ok. Question is: would you prefer a fresh start or do we put more effort into Hobo Town (I think spiders live there now). I can set the server to something like 3x for a few hours and we would be at the same progress stage easily.

You are free to dick around with whatever floats your boat, in case goons want to get organized we got this super-professional spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YnPuPer4cKnG_O152eWlxdLBOOuUF1SXGGWE-29JWmo/edit#gid=0

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 7, 2017

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Hammerstein posted:

Dear Goons,

We are back in the game:

70 slot server hosted by Nitrous Networks (picked a server located in Germany) - their reviews were the best. 9.7 out of over 400 reviews, they also got a Steam group and I talked to one of their guys a few days ago (and then still took Survivalservers cause it was cheaper, silly me) https://www.trustpilot.com/review/nitrous-networks.com

The good part: This thing was up and running within minutes, updates properly with a progress bar over the Steam console, reboots within seconds and seems to be in an entirely different league - quality wise - than Survivalservers. With tons of bells and whistles like a proper resource monitor. Their client area is more complicated and console based than Survivalservers, but it feels like stepping onto the Enterprise after trucking around in a garbage can before.

The server name now also shows up not only under Steam servers but also in the in-game server browser.

Let me know how your ping and performance is. From here (Vienna) I'm connecting to their German location with about 50ms. The German servers are located in Falkenstein and at first I was like "Ugh, middle of nowhere" while I would have preferred a large financial center like Frankfurt, but it looks like they are hosting in a huge data center which was built there recently, so we should be fine.

I imported the old database and my character is still there - so you should be ok. Question is: would you prefer a fresh start or do we put more effort into Hobo Town (I think spiders live there now). I can set the server to something like 3x for a few hours and we would be at the same progress stage easily.

You are free to dick around with whatever floats your boat, in case goons want to get organized we got this super-professional spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YnPuPer4cKnG_O152eWlxdLBOOuUF1SXGGWE-29JWmo/edit#gid=0

I'm considering it. Goon server is getting kinda big, and the high ping is annoying at times. I might drop by.

Eddalius
Oct 31, 2011

Picer posted:

I'm considering it. Goon server is getting kinda big, and the high ping is annoying at times. I might drop by.

I thought we were friends picer :<

The high ping can be a little annoying, but honestly, I'm surprised an america server is so smooth for an aussie. Normally I have a lot more issues than this.
I'll only change servers if an aussie one pops up that is as smooth as the goon one... Which isn't likely.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I went with nfoservers not knowing dick about being a server admin and they answered my support ticket and got me up and running in about 45 minutes. Shockingly good customer service and the server is running well. I don't have any frame of reference but this seems much better than the other poo poo shows occurring right now.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

Dear Goons,

We are back in the game:

I'm probably going to roll up on this server when I get home from work. Can't guarantee I'll stay once Kim's server is fully operational but right now it's always down while I'm home so....

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I did a lot of research over the last day and the difference in quality between server hosts is mind boggling. At least the German host, where I bought the 3 day trial last night (and then had no hardware available) just refunded me :)

Survivalserver's low price tag was simply too good to be true and it looks like a 70 slot server with a decent host is definitely going to cost you 55-65€ on average. Nitrous Networks - where I am now - is 60€/month.

Something else:

Does anyone know what's the current status of BattleEye ? Is it safe to turn it on again ?

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 7, 2017

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Eddalius posted:

I thought we were friends picer :<

The high ping can be a little annoying, but honestly, I'm surprised an america server is so smooth for an aussie. Normally I have a lot more issues than this.
I'll only change servers if an aussie one pops up that is as smooth as the goon one... Which isn't likely.

Hey, i said i was considering it! I haven't been able to play anything since the other night. And if Kim's server usually have maintenece at EU primetime it's not really an option.

That's just basing off on one night though, so i'm not worried yet.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Riddle of steel seems to work fine again, hardly any lag.

I've finally built real beds. You no longer have to live in fear of spawning in bumfuck nowhere. I also left a small hut with a proper bed near the north side of the broken bridge for those doing the run so if they don't make it they won't have to start all the way out in the desert again.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Jesus - I just asked them a mini-question about ports and they replied within the hour :stare:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Our server is back up, with many improvements to auto-restarting and other things. Running super smooth.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Question - the manual has a server setting to adjust the amount of resources crafting requires, but it's no longer in the current build.

Is there an ini file option to do the same thing?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I asked my Funcom friend how to suggest QoL improvements for the game. His reply was "The official channel is the Steam forums, but they are a steaming pile of poo poo filled with crazy nerds."

I got a feedback e-mail adress to send suggestions to, but goons being goons, I won't release it to spare the poor FC workers from being spammef with dickpics. If you have any suggestions for improvements to the game, quote my post and :justpost:

I will be sending them a list by the end of the week.

I wrote a guide (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=858035949) for running their Windows Server for Conan Exiles under WINE. I would like to see if they could PIN it on the main discussion thread on steam. If you could contact him and send him that request. Also Why don't you invite him to SA Discord and I will @role him as a GameDev so we can talk to him whenever... Use this link and just tell him to @TT Im funcom dude and I will bump his access.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Angrymog posted:

Question - the manual has a server setting to adjust the amount of resources crafting requires, but it's no longer in the current build.

Is there an ini file option to do the same thing?

There is but everytime we change an ini, we need to reboot the conan server. So we are going to do those tweaks from time to time, unless its some game breaking issue.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Hey, I want to extend both night and daytime on my server. Would I increase the multiplier or decrease it?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

It's for my server and personal game. I'd like to know the setting.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I talk out my rear end frequently

Filipino Freakout fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 7, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Filipino Freakout posted:

Higher values = longer duration for those sliders.

Thanks man, appreciate it. I'll play with it when I get home. Days just feel super short

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
How can I join a server by IP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Go-to the game in steam, properties then go-to launch commands and type in "+connect IP address:port #." It'll look like +connect 192.1.1.68:7777

When you start the game it'll dump you right into the game.

That works best, IMO.

• Locked thread