Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I recently got a very tiny tattoo to remember my friend who recently died. Nothing flashy, just a reminder.

Let's talk about some irritating poo poo.

http://comicsalliance.com/image-womens-history-month-planned-parenthood/

Image is doing special PP variants in March. We're already getting calls asking if we will be carrying these from both sides of the issue and it is driving me up the loving wall. We finally settled on them being special order only which also sucks because today was the final order cutoff for the first week's worth so we're gonna have plenty of irritated people over this. But we just don't want to deal with the bullshit on this as one caller said her organization would protest at our store.

If she calls again ask her if she represents 1 000 000 moms and if she says yes laugh at her. Loudly. For a long period of time. Hell, you can do that even if she says no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

If she calls again ask her if she represents 1 000 000 moms and if she says yes laugh at her. Loudly. For a long period of time. Hell, you can do that even if she says no.

The people who caused trouble last time were the "Northeast Indiana Christian Collalition" and they actually do stir poo poo up. They marched at a Manson concert and probably 600 people showed up to picket.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

The people who caused trouble last time were the "Northeast Indiana Christian Collalition" and they actually do stir poo poo up. They marched at a Manson concert and probably 600 people showed up to picket.

More people to punch!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

People still care enough about Manson to picket his shows? Are they forever living in 1997?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

People still care enough about Manson to picket his shows? Are they forever living in 1997?

People in the midwest do. To be fair this was like 5 years ago. I see these people whenever we go to the movies as they are always protesting something.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

poo poo, I'm more surprised Manson still cares enough about Manson to show up at a concert.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

poo poo, I'm more surprised Manson still cares enough about Manson to show up at a concert.

Heard good things about his last album which came out last year I think. It's just funny to think people still find him offensive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are people in this country who honest to god still think that D&D and MTG are satanic rituals.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Would it be possible to only order the variants and just force them on people despite their order? Just say '"Loyalty upgrade! :)"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

There are people in this country who honest to god still think that D&D and MTG are satanic rituals.

I can understand not liking Europol, but I wouldn't say all of D&D is satanic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Would it be possible to only order the variants and just force them on people despite their order? Just say '"Loyalty upgrade! :)"

If I was 100% in control of ordering? gently caress yes it would be possible.

Not that it would make a difference though. Most of those books are low shelf copy sellers for us, we move the bulk of them via preorder. I just don't like people trying to force my hand.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

Indiana man. The answer is always Indiana.
I've seen Indianapolis. It's a boring and not particularly notable suburb that some idiot dropped a football stadium into.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

I've seen Indianapolis. It's a boring and not particularly notable suburb that some idiot dropped a football stadium into.

If the Colts continue to suck Irsay will move them somewhere else and then it will be even more worthless.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

If I was 100% in control of ordering? gently caress yes it would be possible.

How many people like that actually buy comics otherwise?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

How many people like that actually buy comics otherwise?

Terrible people? You'd be horrified. We have a dude who asks every time he comes in if Captain America is done being an N***** yet.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Terrible people? You'd be horrified. We have a dude who asks every time he comes in if Captain America is done being an N***** yet.

Well he should be asking "when will Captain America stop being a N***?".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

I get the feeling he rather likes the fact that Steve Rogers is currently a nazi.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

***For details, see Captain America #1

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rhyno posted:

I get the feeling he rather likes the fact that Steve Rogers is currently a nazi.
The term is pro-registration.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's weird where people read Captain America just because it has the name America in the title and then they completely ignore everything about that character.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If only the comics industry were big enough that we'd get a bunch of people buying America #1 and getting upset over the content.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

It's weird where people read Captain America just because it has the name America in the title and then they completely ignore everything about that character.

I tried it because it has the word Captain in the title, what with my enthusiasm for all aspects of maritime vessel command. :sigh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Heh the greatest trick the devil played was convincing nerds that his games weren't satanic rituals.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It was actually forming the Catholic Church.

rip jack chick.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

It was actually forming the Catholic Church.

rip jack chick.

Ah, yes, good point. The games thing was #2, then.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Rhyno posted:

You should introduce him to that group of black customers who told you that Black Panther "wasn't for you" and maybe they could team up to fight for free speech against the Northern Indiana Christian Coalition and all of the people you have to call the cops on in your store for pooping their pants and unsheathing katanas or whatever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edge & Christian posted:

You should introduce him to that group of black customers who told you that Black Panther "wasn't for you" and maybe they could team up to fight for free speech against the Northern Indiana Christian Coalition and all of the people you have to call the cops on in your store for pooping their pants and unsheathing katanas or whatever.

Why do you even post here anymore?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I recently got a very tiny tattoo to remember my friend who recently died. Nothing flashy, just a reminder.

Let's talk about some irritating poo poo.

http://comicsalliance.com/image-womens-history-month-planned-parenthood/

Image is doing special PP variants in March. We're already getting calls asking if we will be carrying these from both sides of the issue and it is driving me up the loving wall. We finally settled on them being special order only which also sucks because today was the final order cutoff for the first week's worth so we're gonna have plenty of irritated people over this. But we just don't want to deal with the bullshit on this as one caller said her organization would protest at our store.

They're still publishing Rat Queens?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Still going strong with their 17th artist after the previous one died in that blimp accident involving the russian mob's child traffic ring.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't a bunch of people cry that the original artist should be forgiven since the oh so important comic wasn't as good as it used to be or some poo poo?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

At this point I'm surprised that the individual issues doesn't spontaneous combust in the hands of the readers.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Still going strong with their 17th artist after the previous one died in that blimp accident involving the russian mob's child traffic ring.

Actually the 17th just died last night, in a bizarre gardening incident best left unsolved.

e: I can't tell if I was ninja'd or not

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

More like Roc Upchuck!
Garbage Pale Kids comic creator series coming soon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Didn't a bunch of people cry that the original artist should be forgiven since the oh so important comic wasn't as good as it used to be or some poo poo?

If the original artist went to jail, served his time, took anger management classes and publicly apologized and continued to speak out against domestic violence, I'd be be okay with him illustrating the book again. gently caress, I could leave out the jail time if he did a very could job about everything else.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

I have a graphic novel version of the Bible and a card game called Lost Souls because of my Satanic nerdery.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Rhyno posted:

There were rumours when it went on hiatus that it would come back with Upchurch back on art. The reasoning of the time was that since he was a co-creator, he might be able to force the matter. Since that's turned out not to be the case, I figure I'll give Rat Queens another shot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lost Souls is the best card game.

Someone saved enough souls? Congratulations, everyone wins because the game is love of God.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

CapnAndy posted:

:shrug: I like it here.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I didn't cry but the series seriously took a nosedive in quality storywise. Probably smart idea to do a reboot of the series now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I have a graphic novel version of the Bible and a card game called Lost Souls because of my Satanic nerdery.

I don't even want to think about how much satanic poo poo I own either intentionally or accidentally.

• Locked thread