Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Roland Jones posted:

Given the bonuses for smaller empires and whatnot being planned, Expansion might not be needed if you're not planning on early rapid expansion. (Though if you are going for that then it's pretty clearly the top first choice; it does so much there and isn't nearly as good later.) I do agree that it, Exploration, and maybe Prosperity seem like the early game things to go for, with Harmony and Diplomacy both being later options.

...Well, maybe. Exploration has a strong opener at least; we'll see what else it has soon.

Meanwhile, Wiz tweet:
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/828924590294446081

May Imperial justice account in all balance. The Empress protects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Roland Jones posted:

Authoritarian, yeah. Egalitarian is a set of balanced scales, meanwhile.

Also, another Exploration tweet.
https://twitter.com/dmoregard/status/828936680568651779
I mentioned this one earlier in the thread after seeing it in the stream; it seems necessary, or at least really good, for early anomaly research because the failure rates seem higher.
Its usefulness will drop off rapidly as you run out of unsurveyed systems though. Unless this also increases the number of "Hey we found a thing" events that seem to pop up every so often.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Splicer posted:

Its usefulness will drop off rapidly as you run out of unsurveyed systems though. Unless this also increases the number of "Hey we found a thing" events that seem to pop up every so often.

Well, it's not the only perk whose usefulness diminishes over time.

Speaking of surveying, here's where that one leads, which also involved surveying:
https://twitter.com/dmoregard/status/828946563485556736

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Another spectacular nerf to trading star charts, right there.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Aethernet posted:

Another spectacular nerf to trading star charts, right there.

It's a feature

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
You do not actually survey systems while trading star charts currently

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Roland Jones posted:

The final Diplomacy reveal is up, and it's a Xenophile's dream:

https://twitter.com/dmoregard/status/828882978017247232

At this point I kinda feel like if "Purity" failed the test for a tradition tree to be useful to multiple ethos because it's basically "xenophobia, the traditions" then Diplomacy is sort of the same for xenophiles.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Okay, so with xenophobes being like a purity/isolationist thing, how would you work in multiculturalism and being an active member of the galactic community?

Or perhaps being an interventionalist, though that feels more like a militaristic take...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Libluini posted:

Helly yes. (It may be a small thing, but I'm always sad that I have to leave science resources for last, to keep building up my economy. With science stations being that much cheaper, I can now squeeze in some more while flooding everything with energy- and mining stations.)

especially early on this is an extremely bad habit. even +1 when you have +20 is +5% research speed - to otherwise capture that benefit, you need to build the galactic research center, or research 'administrative AI'.

+2 when you have +10 is loving +20% research speed and should be gobbled up like your life depends on it (because it does!)

Anticheese posted:

Okay, so with xenophobes being like a purity/isolationist thing, how would you work in multiculturalism and being an active member of the galactic community?

Or perhaps being an interventionalist, though that feels more like a militaristic take...

at least by current AI routines, isolationism is only xenophobe + pacifist

xenophobe + militarist is an imperialist, xenophobe + spiritualist is an evangelizer

you're not wrong that xenophobe actually shows up in very few current AI personalities though, probably because the diplomatic malus is very, very difficult to overcome.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 7, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Anticheese posted:

Xenophobes can happily run large multicultural empires, so long as every culture stays to their own planets and people and there's no disgusting mixing (and also non-primary cultures have less rights)

Also they need that migration attraction to convince people to move to a planet before locking it down and chowing down on the free food.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Coolguye posted:

You do not actually survey systems while trading star charts currently

I'm actually really unclear on this point. What does it do?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

I'm actually really unclear on this point. What does it do?

you trade system names and the resources in those systems but you may still go survey them yourself (this is done to prevent you from losing Anomaly checks and yummy scientist XP)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GunnerJ posted:

At this point I kinda feel like if "Purity" failed the test for a tradition tree to be useful to multiple ethos because it's basically "xenophobia, the traditions" then Diplomacy is sort of the same for xenophiles.

Any non-Xenophobe can benefit from stuff like that, really, even if Xenophiles like it more. Other things in the tree are more obviously broadly-useful too, like the federation stuff, which can benefit even Xenophobes if they aren't being isolationists or something. Purity, on the other hand, was much more rigid from the sounds of it.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 7, 2017

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GunnerJ posted:

Diplomacy is useful for anyone wanting to have any friends at all, but especially useful for anyone who wants to be friends with everyone. Something called purity sounds like it's only useful for someone who explicitly wants to murder everyone, which is a smaller scope.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Some people examining this screenshot have mentioned that food now appears to be included in the resource bar at the top, along side minerals and energy. This is leading people to believe that food will become global resource in 1.5 though no one has offically weighed in on it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I thought it was confirmed a while back that Food was becoming global?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Serf posted:

I thought it was confirmed a while back that Food was becoming global?

Wiz has said he wanted to do as much but never confirmed when or how it was going to happen. Most people probably assumed it would come eith other interplanetary trade related 'stuff'. Looks like it would be sooner than we thought.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Some people examining this screenshot have mentioned that food now appears to be included in the resource bar at the top, along side minerals and energy. This is leading people to believe that food will become global resource in 1.5 though no one has offically weighed in on it.

gently caress yeah

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

also uh

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/828965452403589120

:stare:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Wiz has said he wanted to do as much but never confirmed when or how it was going to happen. Most people probably assumed it would come eith other interplanetary trade related 'stuff'. Looks like it would be sooner than we thought.

I'm down. Finally when I discover breadbasket worlds with tons of food tiles I can go ham on farms and feed my empire.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

I'm down. Finally when I discover breadbasket worlds with tons of food tiles I can go ham on farms and feed my empire.

Someone blockades your planet, the entire rest of the empire revolts due to starving :v:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Roland Jones posted:

Purity, on the other hand, was much more rigid from the sounds of it.

What about purity have we see that is exclusively beneficial to xenophobes (in function)?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Truga posted:

Someone blockades your planet, the entire rest of the empire revolts due to starving :v:

That sounds pretty rad. It makes breadbasket worlds a vital strategic target, and rewards players who seek them out/players who don't rely on them. Can you see the surface tiles of planets within your sensor range? If so, you could look for these worlds and go for them first and gamble on them being the source of most of the empire's food.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

Reminding people I want more custom goon races, a lot more, especially some FEs.

If you submitted in the old thread that was NOT to my mod but to the one that got abandoned so please resubmit here.

use the keyword SPECIES SUBMISSION so I notice your post

Also someone mention this in one the stellaris discords

OK, I still have tons of species to share (even made some new ones already). Let's start with both an old and a new one:

SPECIES SUBMISSION

The first is brand new: Space Penguins!

Sydons

Nomadic space penguins, even. They're naturally curious and love studying lifeforms and how they interact with each other. Their laser-focus on rifling through your stuff to learn more about you comes with a high price attached, though: They tend to invariably get surprised by unforeseen events, like you punching them into their beaks when you catch them doing this. This makes them seem like Slow Learners. Their soft and light bones aren't well adapted to hard, dangerous work like ground combat, so they also got the Weak-attribute you can't see in the screenshot because I Am Bad At Making Screenshots.

At least they're really good at rifling through your stuff, they have a real Talent for it. (In case you want to ask, they got the Fungoid shipset because it looked more "oceany" to me.)

Code for Sydons posted:

"Immediate Deliverance"
={
key="Immediate Deliverance"
name_list="AVI1"
ship_prefix="BOS"
species_name="Sydon"
species_plural="Sydons"
species_class="AVI"
species_adjective="Sydonian"
species_bio="Sydons evolved from penguin-analogues living in the oceans of their homeworld. Their ancestors lived in huge flocks,which spend their time following water streams across the planet. Due to the nomadic nature of their species, most of their early scientific development was purely social and biological in nature, earned by studying the life around them. This has left their mark on them: Even today they tend to put social sciences first and they love studying life so much they tend to notice non-life related surprises a bit too late. And while they are agile in their oceans, their bones and constitution isn't really adapted to anything besides swimming really well."
portrait="avi5"
name="Immediate Deliverance"
adjective="Median"
government="moral_democracy"
ftl=hyperdrive
weapon="tech_mass_drivers_1"
planet_name="Lumerante"
planet_class="pc_ocean"
system_name="Invis"
initializer=""
graphical_culture="fungoid_01"
city_graphical_culture="avian_01"
empire_flag={
icon={
category="zoological"
file="flag_zoological_21.dds"
}
background={
category="backgrounds"
file="horizontal_stripe.dds"
}
colors={
"burgundy"
"teal"
"null"
"null"
}
}
ruler={
gender=female
name="Invis Featherthorn"
portrait="avi5"
texture=4
hair=0
clothes=0
ruler_title_female="Stream Leader"
}
spawn_as_fallen=no
ignore_portrait_duplication=no
spawn_enabled=yes
ethic="ethic_xenophile"
ethic="ethic_fanatic_pacifist"
trait="trait_natural_sociologists"
trait="trait_slow_learners"
trait="trait_nomadic"
trait="trait_talented"
trait="trait_weak"
}

The second was made for the (now apparently dead) first Goon Mod, they're basically flying mountain dragons. I mean theoretically their portrait is under "Avian", but for me those weird plant dragons look like dragons, so I made them as dragon-like as I could. :colbert:

Zvyrni

The Zvyrni like living on mountain peaks. Alone. Since they evolved from solitary predators with strong territorial instincts, even meeting a potential mate is hard for them to do. For most of their history there were no wars or large-scale conflicts, simply because there was no organized society above the level of individual, plus maybe a mate and kids. They're cold, calculating bastards who looked at the majesty of the universe from their mountain tops and decided to go to space purely to maximize survival. They gave no shits about how pretty the stars looked.

Code for Zvyrni posted:

"Coordinated Mountain Peaks"
={
key="Coordinated Mountain Peaks"
name_list="AVI2"
ship_prefix="SSSS"
species_name="Zvyrn"
species_plural="Zvyrni"
species_class="AVI"
species_adjective="Zvyrnoid"
species_bio="The Zvyrni developed on the high mountains of an Alpine planet, using their wings to easily travel from peak to peak. Their ancestors were large, predatory beasts violently defending their mountains against intruders. This has given them a strong preference for solitude and only in an emergency will a Zvyrn be willing to move to another mountain. Only their cold, calculating intellect finally convinced them to try to reach for the stars, after an eternity of jealously guarding their mountains. Considering the Zvyrni never had an equivalent to nation-states, convincing enough of their brethren to work together for a common goal turned out to be the hardest part of this effort."
portrait="avi3"
name="Coordinated Mountain Peaks"
adjective="Coordinated"
government="direct_democracy"
ftl=hyperdrive
weapon="tech_lasers_1"
planet_name="Sanguarium"
planet_class="pc_alpine"
system_name="Bloodeye"
initializer=""
graphical_culture="avian_01"
city_graphical_culture="avian_01"
empire_flag={
icon={
category="domination"
file="domination_20.dds"
}
background={
category="backgrounds"
file="circle.dds"
}
colors={
"black"
"orange"
"null"
"null"
}
}
ruler={
gender=female
name="K'Reel"
portrait="avi3"
texture=3
hair=0
clothes=2
ruler_title_female="Peak Mountain"
}
spawn_as_fallen=no
spawn_enabled=no
ethic="ethic_fanatic_individualist"
ethic="ethic_materialist"
trait="trait_slow_breeders"
trait="trait_sedentary"
trait="trait_solitary"
trait="trait_intelligent"
trait="trait_talented"
}

GlyphGryph posted:

One: You write a backstory that's actually relevant to being an FE rather than the normal kind of "we just made it to the stars" backstory.

Second: You tell me it's a fallen empire, so I can switch the fallen empire race toggle, which will make the race show up as a fallen empire instead of as a normal race (when there are FE slots available, of course)

This made my hands race on my keyboard to spit out two races with specially forged fallen empire backgrounds:

SPECIES SUBMISSION FE

The first one uses a special namelist from a mod to give it extra-flavor. It's from Cybrxkhan's Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris, a horribly named mod with tons of namelists.

Viothans

This species is "Echopraxia and Blindsight by Petter Watts gave me nightmares" the race. Weird, but good SF. Anyway, these guys. They have been a spacefaring civilisation for so long, no-one around them actually knows anymore when those solitary deep sea squid-things first left their planet. What makes them stand out is their utter rejection of anything not purely rooted in the material realm. If you talk to those guys about Jedi Knights, you will get strangled by tentacles on the spot. Consider this a fair warning.

Code for Viothans posted:

"Realm of Zarn"
={
key="Realm of Zarn"
name_list="cybrxkhan_fantasy_basque"
ship_prefix="EVC"
species_name="Viotha"
species_plural="Viothans"
species_class="MOL"
species_adjective="Viotic"
species_bio="Not much is known about the Viothans, even though they seem to have been always there. Rumours say they developed in deep underground seas under the surface of their frozen homeworld. And those unfortunates who have met a Viotha in the flesh know about their strong territorial instincts and those who have argued with them know about their violent rejection of everything not rooted in the real world. From their old, old cities they sometimes send strange messages to younger civilisations, warning of the dangers of electromagnetic mind-hijacking. If they decide you have been mind-enslaved, their weapons will speak. For the ancient motto of their realm is: Death is Freedom."
portrait="mol7"
name="Realm of Zarn"
adjective="Zarnic"
government="plutocratic_oligarchy"
ftl=warp
weapon="tech_lasers_1"
planet_name="Ys"
planet_class="pc_arctic"
system_name="Hychon"
initializer=""
graphical_culture="arthropoid_01"
city_graphical_culture="molluscoid_01"
empire_flag={
icon={
category="pointy"
file="flag_pointy_8.dds"
}
background={
category="backgrounds"
file="pattern_01.dds"
}
colors={
"grey"
"red_orange"
"null"
"null"
}
}
ruler={
gender=female
name="Iota Xalvinox"
portrait="mol7"
texture=7
hair=0
clothes=0
ruler_title_female="Overseer"
}
spawn_as_fallen=yes
spawn_enabled=yes
ethic="ethic_individualist"
ethic="ethic_fanatic_materialist"
trait="trait_solitary"
trait="trait_enduring"
trait="trait_resilient"
}

The second one does not use any special crap, just in case adding in yet another mod to keep the Goon Mod running ends up causing problems in the long run.

Marquens

A typical Marquen is a squishy, soft mushroom. OK, that's a lie, Marquens are actually walking hiveminds of single-cell fungus colonies. Being weird like this comes with some pros and cons: They're basically immortal, because single cells dying off get immediately replaced and since every single cell of the colony can double as a brain cell, their natural intelligence can be absurdly high. On the other hand, their colonies are highly dependent on a wet, hot environment. Take them out of their jungles and you have a problem. Another problem coming from being a walking colony of individual cells, is that there aren't many or durable connections between cells. There are also no bones, no exoskeleton or anything else stabilizing. Their body surface is as stable as a soap bubble. And their body is like a soap bubble filled with odd, black slime. In other words, don't expect Marquens to field tons of assault troops. They would prefer orbital bombardment, anyway.

They are also not really good at reproduction, since if their single-cells produce spores, they only spread inside their own colonies. To get another colony, two colonies, one with at least 60% female cells and one with at least 60% male cells have to meet and infect each other. Then both will be able to grow a separate new colony inside their "bodies" and split them off after a couple of years. Yeah, that's rather inefficient. But hey, until their instable minds succumb to madness, they're practically immortal!

All this poo poo had to be condensed into the free space we're given for species biographies, so some of the details I just wrote about are missing from the actual flavour-text. I still hope the general feeling is getting through, though!

Edit:

Interesting fact, when I went back to check if fungi can actually produce sexually, I was surprised to learn that yes, some indeed can. It even involves spores, like the poo poo I came up with! Nice coincidence, that.

Code for Marquens posted:

"Ash and Water Directorate"
={
key="Ash and Water Directorate"
name_list="REP3"
ship_prefix="EIS"
species_name="Marquen"
species_plural="Marquens"
species_class="FUN"
species_adjective="Marqian"
species_bio="The Marquens are an ancient and incredibly stubborn race of fungoids. Time and time again they've spread from their hot, wet nightmare-world to build what they call the \"Empire of Reason\". Thousands of years ago, the 6th Empire splintered after a disagreement over flag colours. Since then, the Ash and Water Directorate, the only surviving organisation of the 6th Empire, has slowly been rebuilding the Marqian society. Marquens do not age. Their bodies are colonies of single-celled fungus and while single cells can indeed age and die, the colony simply replaces them. The mind holding the colony together is another thing, though. For a Marquen, age means madness, not death."
portrait="fun17"
name="Ash and Water Directorate"
adjective="Ashen"
government="science_directorate"
ftl=wormhole
weapon="tech_mass_drivers_1"
planet_name="Oliax"
planet_class="pc_tropical"
system_name="Xixome"
initializer=""
graphical_culture="molluscoid_01"
city_graphical_culture="reptilian_01"
empire_flag={
icon={
category="pirate"
file="flag_pirate_7.dds"
}
background={
category="backgrounds"
file="sinus.dds"
}
colors={
"dark_teal"
"dark_purple"
"null"
"null"
}
}
ruler={
gender=male
name="Anaxus Maximander"
portrait="fun17"
texture=7
hair=0
clothes=0
ruler_title="Imperial Vice-Gerent"
ruler_title_female="Imperial Vicegerent"
}
spawn_as_fallen=yes
spawn_enabled=yes
ethic="ethic_individualist"
ethic="ethic_xenophobe"
ethic="ethic_materialist"
trait="trait_weak"
trait="trait_nonadaptive"
trait="trait_venerable"
}

That's it for now, let's give others a chance to send in some empires. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

This is funny, because I just finished writing a fallen empire species who is always warning about poo poo like this. :v:

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Korgan posted:

Nah that's vanilla fungoid ship colour.

Just be aware there's a bug with fungoid battleships, the artillery bow won't display weapons for some reason. You won't notice while you're flying them around shooting alien vessels but it was pretty noticeable when I was designing my disgusting mushroomman fleet. :v:

ive been complaining about this for months!!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

That sounds pretty rad. It makes breadbasket worlds a vital strategic target, and rewards players who seek them out/players who don't rely on them. Can you see the surface tiles of planets within your sensor range? If so, you could look for these worlds and go for them first and gamble on them being the source of most of the empire's food.

don't even have to be in sensor range, just need to have it surveyed and you'll see the pops/structures on it.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Drone_Fragger posted:

And it's still also not worth building because who cares about migration attraction.

More alien friends means more factions. More factions means more influence gain. Migration seems pretty good. Hell even if it's just migration attraction to your slave mines or to your soylent green plants it sound useful.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Drone_Fragger posted:

And it's still also not worth building because who cares about migration attraction.

When you crank it to absurdly high levels, planets get pretty much filled by pops in no time

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, usually you'll make a colony and it'll take years for it to fill with pops. My fungoids have migration treaties with pretty much everyone, and colonies are full of pops drat near instantly. It's extremely good.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I tried full-on free migration open borders in my last game and was frustrated by how often pops would just leave their buildings behind for a new planet, forcing me to build robots to replace them. Then I gave the robots rights and they left too.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Hyped as hell.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Hoping that's a new way of summoning the Unbidden to stop them being the default crisis when some bugger gets jump drives.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
These new features have actually got me looking forwards to 1.5. This is the sort of neat randomized content that helps increase replayability.

I wonder if NPC empires can get these events though? Do they even have code for engaging with events similar to what can pop up for players? Having my neighbors or close allies slowly get hjijacked by the Warp the Unbidden would make for a neat crisis to deal with.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 7, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I am excited to the ways in which this new update will absolutely require me to toss and start over the goon race pack. :v:

I was going to say "I also welcome custom AI scripts if people want to tailor responses and behaviours for their empires" but maybe that should wait until after 1.5 hits.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Libluini posted:

OK, I still have tons of species to share (even made some new ones already). Let's start with both an old and a new one:

SPECIES SUBMISSION
see, this is why i buy so much pdox dlc: so that i can read good internet posts like the one above

Aethernet posted:

Hoping that's a new way of summoning the Unbidden to stop them being the default crisis when some bugger gets jump drives.
it would be p. neat if the 3 galactic crises corresponded to the 3 endgame paths (so ai rebellion & deus ex cybermancers, unbidden & psykers, prethoryn & prometheus poo poo) so that you could potentially have all the crises hitting the galaxy at the same time, or at least in the same campaign, w/o mods.

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 7, 2017

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
I hope I can have an immortal cyborg ruler to be an equivalent for my goony materialist empire.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah - or the three directions of travel fighting for dominance and when one looks like it's getting on top its respective crisis arrives.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Soup du Journey posted:

see, this is why i buy so much pdox dlc: so that i can read good internet posts like the one above

it would be p. neat if the 3 galactic crises corresponded to the 3 endgame paths (so ai rebellion & deus ex cybermancers, unbidden & psykers, prethoryn & prometheus poo poo) so that you could potentially have all the crises hitting the galaxy at the same time, or at least in the same campaign, w/o mods.

Prethoryn as they are now would probably have to be the result of somehow exploring another galaxy and letting them know you are here and available to devour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Or just being attracted by the sheer genetic diversity you've managed to create. Assuming the Prometheus pathway allows you to create Gaia worlds, you could set their trigger for a certain number of them.

• Locked thread