Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I'm torn as to whether or not I should dump my candy on that axe. Is it worth it if I don't have a Mercedes? Doesn't look like anyone in my a team can really make use of it and I've got that mighty hammer for WoL once he gets upgraded. It's either grab the axe or get the last 3 tickets and the 30k trust moogle. Any suggestions? Not sure what units are coming up in the next couple months that might make getting the axe worth it. I Def don't have the patience to grind up another 50k candy though so it's one or the other

I'd say go for the axe, it's the second or third best non TM weapon in the game. You'll get somebody that can use it some day. This event really isn't that heavy of a lift, even if you're grinding pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I'm torn as to whether or not I should dump my candy on that axe. Is it worth it if I don't have a Mercedes? Doesn't look like anyone in my a team can really make use of it and I've got that mighty hammer for WoL once he gets upgraded. It's either grab the axe or get the last 3 tickets and the 30k trust moogle. Any suggestions? Not sure what units are coming up in the next couple months that might make getting the axe worth it. I Def don't have the patience to grind up another 50k candy though so it's one or the other

Probably not worth it unless you pull a mercedes or a veritas of fire when he comes out. Will probably kick yourself on the teeth in the case that you do pull a veritas of fire and dont have any good axe to give him.

Anyways Ariana came out in japan and they rated her bottom of the trash heap for 6* units.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pokemaster #421 posted:

i am flip flopping on the axe because i dont have a mercedes and dont follow the game enough to have any idea if japan eventually gets a unit that can use axes well. on the other hand that axe seems like it would be roughly the axe equivalent of gungnir or something.

you might end up wishing you had gotten it later, but also doesnt mercedes have a tm axe anyways? of course that doesnt matter much if you dont macro.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

For reference Mercedes' TM is the Viking Axe: +125 ATK and water element to go with her Water Resistance down attack Sea King Chop. Personally I'm gonna pass on the axe because I'm tired of these king mog events with trash payouts barring rng mobs and actually pulling banner characters.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
I can't macro so I'm always on the lookout for obtainable moogles. No way in hell I'll grind for the 70k one, but 30ks not too rough. Hmm so opinion seems pretty split on which way to go. I know I can really use the moogle, while I'm nowhere near sure that I'll be able to put the axe to good use. Then again it is one of the netter weapons available to me. Well it's not like I have to figure it out right this second guess I'll see how the rest of the grind goes till the end of the event. Thanks for the advice everyone!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Scrublord Prime posted:

For reference Mercedes' TM is the Viking Axe: +125 ATK and water element to go with her Water Resistance down attack Sea King Chop. Personally I'm gonna pass on the axe because I'm tired of these king mog events with trash payouts barring rng mobs and actually pulling banner characters.

yeah i am lucky getting so many banner characters on these last two events. doing pro difficulty with +300% to drop rate and you get 500-600 candy per run, and i hit 5 rabbites twice today for a pair of 5.5k runs. and with just a sprite or something thats uhhhh 250% less per run, which KINDA adds up

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Do rabites on PRO give same amount of candy as ELT?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, they always drop 200 candy. they're supposed to be more likely to spawn on elite but pro is just way easier to run five bonus units. i can do elite with five if i get a really burly randi but it still takes longer and requires paying more attention.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
If anyone wants to use my 501mag Exdeath, my code is 907,459,021

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Pulling a pair of Popoi in 4 pulls has made this a much breezier farm Mog event than the last one, particularly since I can count on my friend's list for Randis for days.

Also, Exdeath permanently goes on the Event farming team comp now.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
This is the first event where I didn't pull on the banner for bonus units while relying on all the gracious Goon Randis. It's not too bad. Saved a ton of lapis & tickets.

edit: Upon further reflection, it's pretty bad. I'm so sick of grinding this event.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 7, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I was sitting on 13 tickets, and I decided I wanted to get to 10. Sounds psychologically satisfying right? Especially after all this bonus talk. Pull up bonus banner get:

Maria (#2)
Terra (#2)
Krile

This game knows I'm not impressed with Lenna but does not offer an alternative of what I want. Krile is apparently considered top 5 from the wiki...but I guess convert and dual cast puts her there?

I guess Refia is my dream healer. I just want raise in a stout healer.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'll trade 2 of my 3 Lings for a Yun.

Please?

deltah
Sep 28, 2012
Decided to dump 5 tickets into each banner and got a Ling on my first one so stopped. I've gathered this is a good unit from the last few pages, but I'm too dumb to know why. Whats her gimmick?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

deltah posted:

Decided to dump 5 tickets into each banner and got a Ling on my first one so stopped. I've gathered this is a good unit from the last few pages, but I'm too dumb to know why. Whats her gimmick?

ive never used in her pve at all but in pvp she has an ability (so it cant be stopped with silence) that casts two debuffs on each member of the enemy team. she also has an aoe raise, aoe def/spir break, aoe atk/mag break, and an aoe mp restore. oh and an aoe esuna that doesnt target herself, and passively she's immune to a lot of the really bad statuses.

all of her dances increase her physical damage on her next attack, stacking up to a 10x multiplier, and she has a passive that increases physical and magic damage against humans. oh and she has chakra so she can heal herself/restore some mp. she doesnt have any direct heals so she can't replace a healer, but i switched from an all out damage team that i had to sometimes watch who i fight into a team with ling/refia/cecil/chiz/cod which i just pick whoever has the highest multiplier and have never lost since i added her. the closest i came was to a 4x noctis team with a ling, but that's because she had to be close to 100% dodge or maybe even was 100% dodge. luckily i know that raging fist bypasses that! but it was still way closer than it should have been.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

deltah posted:

Ling is badass. Her AoE breaks are divided into Offense/Defense instead of Physical/Magical, and are 45%. Defense break will practically double your teams damage. Offensive break will basically mean you take 1/4 damage. Downside is the breaks only last 2 turns.
She has AoE status 2x effect, which can handicap entire teams in arena.
She acts as a small mana battery. Not the greatest, but can be enough in a pinch - 30MP to entire team (except herself), downside is it costs 64MP.
She has AoE esuna, but it also cures Petrify. Entire team (except herself)
She has AoE Raise (30%)
She is immune to the worst status effects (the ones that prevent you from making a move). Chakra will cure 2 others for herself, plus heal HP and MP. Silence doesn't effect her dances either. Only way to stop her is to kill her.
She has rapid LB charging, plus Entrust. Makes Noctis's OP limit break regularly usable
On top of that she has this weird stacking self-buff to her attack. Stacks 1x multiplier each dance, up to 10x. Not that useful in PvE though since her abilities are so good, it is unlikely you'd ever want to attack over use one.

Downside is she is a little fragile at first, but she does have innate 40% physical evade. I think stacking HP/MP/SPR is best for her (and if you are rich, Evade TMs to get her to 100%)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is everyone getting Ling now purely out of spite for me?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

HGH posted:

Is everyone getting Ling now purely out of spite for me?

I have two.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Early Wednesday night maintenance this week. Usually that means story mode updates, they are probably unlocking the rest of Zoldaad. Could also mean existing unit star upgrades or a new vortex boss encounter.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Early Wednesday night maintenance this week. Usually that means story mode updates, they are probably unlocking the rest of Zoldaad. Could also mean existing unit star upgrades or a new vortex boss encounter.

I secretly pray for cloud and the roll fix.

Also, my first Omnirod is done! My other omnirod and the two +30% MAG are all at 99%. Started on a zidane and one vanille, will probably do a second vanille and gently caress knows what to fill out the rest of the team as I finish this stuff.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I know I poo poo on her earlier but I pulled a Primm today and I am kind of stoked, she seems like she actually has good damage options. Not sure if I will try to max her out asap

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I know I poo poo on her earlier but I pulled a Primm today and I am kind of stoked, she seems like she actually has good damage options. Not sure if I will try to max her out asap

For this event, max out her MAG as best you can and use her holy sabre and saintly beam depending on how much MP you can cram on her.

Though in the end...she's really just a six star Bedile.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

This. Primm is really not good, folks, even stacking all your magic bonuses on her. That changes only slightly once she gets her enhancements. I only use her because she synergizes ridiculously well with my existing party, which involves three excaliburs and two lightnings. (The timing on Area Blast and Saintly Beam are such that with excals on the lightnings, saintly beam will come out into a gigantic elemental chain, edgar-style, just by hitting auto/repeat) If you have multiple excaliburs laying around, maybe try chaining saintly beam, but otherwise she's just a mediocre off-heal off-dps.

edit: This can be ignored if you don't have enough 6 stars to make a full party, though there are some 5 stars who are probably better in slot.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My team of Cecil, Exdeath, Gilgamesh, two Prims (or 1 Prim 1 Randy) and Popoi uses them for chaining. She hits four times I think? And her LB hits a bunch too. Gilgamesh hits 6 times with Tri-Attack, so all this ends up creating a good sized regular chain for Exdeath to land his spells on.

Nuebot posted:

I have two.
I hope you pull 20 Ovelias.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

hagie posted:

Isn't Primm basically a bloated Bedile?

Varance posted:

A bloated Bedile with a holy-elemental Ultima, which synergizes well with Orlandeau. Has the same problem as Ace, in that it can't be dual cast.

Edit: Enhancements will eventually give Saintly Beam the Ultima piercing effect and raise it to 400% damage, which is where the futureproofing comes in.

Cartoon Man posted:

Primm's holy nuke type ability can be chained off somebody else with Excalibur swords, but it's hard. I've done it a few times against the slime.

HGH posted:

Also her basic attack hits so much I've been using her to combo chain Gilgamesh and Exdeath. Turns out a Grand Cross with 20 hits before it just does as much damage as having a couple buffs/breaks up.

Cartoon Man posted:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Woops, didn't realize I repeated myself there.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Pulled my 12th Xiao today. With a ticket. Off the generic rare summon banner. (Hunting a Chiziru)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I keep getting Garlands

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

This. Primm is really not good, folks, even stacking all your magic bonuses on her. That changes only slightly once she gets her enhancements. I only use her because she synergizes ridiculously well with my existing party, which involves three excaliburs and two lightnings. (The timing on Area Blast and Saintly Beam are such that with excals on the lightnings, saintly beam will come out into a gigantic elemental chain, edgar-style, just by hitting auto/repeat) If you have multiple excaliburs laying around, maybe try chaining saintly beam, but otherwise she's just a mediocre off-heal off-dps.

edit: This can be ignored if you don't have enough 6 stars to make a full party, though there are some 5 stars who are probably better in slot.

Primm is basically middle of the pack like a bunch of other 6*. Not exceptional but also not loving Ariana Granda.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Primm is basically middle of the pack like a bunch of other 6*. Not exceptional but also not loving Ariana Granda.

How do you know Primm is not loving Ariana? :quagmire:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I HAVE BEEN RECLAIMED

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I wouldn't be mad either if I pulled Yun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: even with three MAG+30%'s two hero rings and an omnirod my exdeath doesn't break 500 MAG.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Nuebot posted:

:negative: even with three MAG+30%'s two hero rings and an omnirod my exdeath doesn't break 500 MAG.

Maybe a couple of earrings will get you there assuming you have the SQs for them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hamsystem posted:

Maybe a couple of earrings will get you there assuming you have the SQs for them.

SQ? I've got two vanille's on the TM party now though and two Zidanes. So he'll be dual wielding omnirods eventually. It's just a bummer. My friend has Dark Fina and it almost hits 600 with no TMs.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Sorry, star quartz. Earrings get you 20% MAG per, they just cost 50 a piece.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh, I can't remember what I was saving my quartz for, but it was one of the big things. Probably equip rod or trust moogles. The vanille TMs are 30% MAG though.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Nuebot posted:

SQ? I've got two vanille's on the TM party now though and two Zidanes. So he'll be dual wielding omnirods eventually. It's just a bummer. My friend has Dark Fina and it almost hits 600 with no TMs.

yeah it's dumb to look at one stat one it's own without considering skills but people gotta brag

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cry Havoc posted:

yeah it's dumb to look at one stat one it's own without considering skills but people gotta brag

Aside from having more armor and poo poo, is exdeath better than dark fina in any way? I'm totally not bitter I didn't roll her after spending so many tickets on that banner. :argh: Aside from being a cool tree knight at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Aside from having more armor and poo poo, is exdeath better than dark fina in any way? I'm totally not bitter I didn't roll her after spending so many tickets on that banner. :argh: Aside from being a cool tree knight at least.

ExDeath is easily more accessible since he's a base 3*.

So there's that.

• Locked thread