Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Captain Invictus posted:

Hopefully the person in hr who did it gets severely reprimanded/fired at least

Or at least someone with their last name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Or at least someone with their last name.
:ocelot:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sometimes life is stranger than fiction. How crazy!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Started download of Yoshi at 11:40 PM. Almost finished installing now at 2:00 AM. Guess I'll go to bed and play it later.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hahahaha, I love this, Maximillian is a pretty well-known twitch streamer especially in the fighting game community, he was streaming Nioh(and still is right now) and a handful of substantial donations came in which nearly got him killed on multiple occasions. Him freaking out to the donations as well as trying not to die in Nioh is pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wJ5nl9vguQ&hd=1

I'd probably have the same reaction, noises and all, to that first one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

hahahaha, I love this, Maximillian is a pretty well-known twitch streamer especially in the fighting game community, he was streaming Nioh(and still is right now) and a handful of substantial donations came in which nearly got him killed on multiple occasions. Him freaking out to the donations as well as trying not to die in Nioh is pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wJ5nl9vguQ&hd=1

I'd probably have the same reaction, noises and all, to that first one

Those will probably all get charge backed in a month anyways. Maximillian is an awesome and entertaining streamer to watch though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

phourniner posted:

Just a quick solution for you gaming headset people, the HyperX Cloud II's are what I use, and have been for a year now. I swear by them. They're insanely comfortable (and this is coming from someone whose tried a ton of headsets and have had to throw them off after an hour's use because my ears were aching). I have worn these all day without a single problem. They're closed ear, so keep in mind it's hard to hear anything outside of whatever you're listening to if it's moderately loud, but they deliver great sound (with 7.1 Surround Sound) and the mic is very decent. Highly recommend.

This is what I have, pair of HyperX headphones. Not sure exactly which model but one of the cheaper ones and they've been working perfectly for years

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

Those will probably all get charge backed in a month anyways. Maximillian is an awesome and entertaining streamer to watch though.

The first one is legit. He's apparently been dropping multiple thousands on a bunch of patreons and twitch streamers for a while now. Seems to be an insanely rich dude/lottery winner, I know if I suddenly had a few hundred million I'd make some people I follow online's day with a hefty donation unannounced while they're live for the reaction :v:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I know if I suddenly had a few hundred million I'd make some people I follow online's day with a hefty donation unannounced while they're live for the reaction :v:

I would make some sensible investments, and donate to charity.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'd buy all the video games so I'm the only one allowed to play them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enjoy your Senran Kagura mountain

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I want one of those abandoned missile silos.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd find a way to make Pokemon real

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Fill a missile silo with Senran Kaguras

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Fill a missile silo with Senran Kaguras

you act like I wouldn't be putting giant anime posters everywhere

the longest advent children wall scrolls

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phantasium posted:

Advent Children? You need to up your wall scroll game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

devtesla posted:

I would spend roughly 60 to 120 dollars a month on video games for the rest of my life until I died, which is my current plan anyway

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Phantasium posted:

Fill the hatch with anime and seal the blast doors.

Become the ultimate shut-in

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Finally broke down and traded in for a PS4 Pro with the old tax return money. Now to wait for 8tb external drives to get cheap :getin:

(actually probably something much smaller)

Real hurthling! posted:

just play it coop and wait at the spawn until a cool friend kills all the bugs for you.
Wait it has co-op? Or is it just souls style

I would totally play it if I can cower behind someone who actually is good

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh I know, and it's not an issue since they're going to be fixing it(union is already on it) but it's still absurd and a little hilarious. Like, the lack of giving a poo poo that person in hr must have is incredible.

HR is the pinnacle of the unskilled office work sector.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

devtesla posted:

Hundreds of millions, man. Plenty to go around.

I mentioned elsewhere that I'd likely do something I've always thought of doing if I had absurd money; make a team of handymen and construction workers to go around fixing people's houses for free. And do other stuff to generally improve people's lives.

Also, buy a giant robot, or maybe an exosuit, whichever was more technologically available at the time.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i would buy a gamecube component cable :hai:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I would spend roughly 60 to 120 dollars a month on video games for the rest of my life until I died, which is my current plan anyway

oddium posted:

Good plans

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

stick to dolphin tbh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the gamecube isn't for gamecube games, it's for my gba games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CrashCat posted:

Finally broke down and traded in for a PS4 Pro with the old tax return money. Now to wait for 8tb external drives to get cheap :getin:

(actually probably something much smaller)

Wait it has co-op? Or is it just souls style

I would totally play it if I can cower behind someone who actually is good

It has full coop

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
2 chicks at the same time

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

oddium posted:

the gamecube isn't for gamecube games, it's for my gba games

Disc haver found

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

It has full coop
looks like it has both kinds, even better

http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/nioh-guide-how-to-summon-visitors-play-co-op/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ohh crap

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/829046418828558336/photo/1

Well I'm toast, regrets maxed out

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Damned shiftless Dragon Quest monsters

Having a good time with DQ8 on the 3DS so far- really glad they took out random encounters.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

D'awww~ :3:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Monkey Fracas posted:

Damned shiftless Dragon Quest monsters

Having a good time with DQ8 on the 3DS so far- really glad they took out random encounters.

I'm extremely glad random encounters in general seem to be going the way of the dodo. It's made JRPGs considerably more accessible when you can decide where and when you want to grind/fight instead of having to stop every five seconds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny because in terms of frequency I don't think random encounters have actually really changed much in 20 years but now you just know 2 to 3 seconds a head of time so you're just mentally prepared.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also speaking of JRPGs I've been playing SMTIVA and in my 40 hours so far I think it's a nearly flawless game except for two minor minor issues:

1) in the over world you can see enemies on the map but you can't initiate combat yourself like usual and as a result you can walk into a monster and they'll just get first strike with 0 recourse which is rear end. It's especially annoying playing on Hard because usually if an enemy gets a drop on you it's an one round Game Over in a situation that was potentially completely unavoidable. At a certain point you get access to Estoma and can just ignore them but still. Bad design!

2) The mash X black holes just seem really out of place and serve no purpose

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Megatokyo

oh my god gently caress you I had managed to go like 10 years without thinking of that poo poo

my ex-fiance used to read it religiously. thankfully my current wife only likes good anime like Chi and Spice and Wolf

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm living in a world of yarn and happiness and I'm never coming back

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Also speaking of JRPGs I've been playing SMTIVA and in my 40 hours so far I think it's a nearly flawless game except for two minor minor issues:

1) in the over world you can see enemies on the map but you can't initiate combat yourself like usual and as a result you can walk into a monster and they'll just get first strike with 0 recourse which is rear end. It's especially annoying playing on Hard because usually if an enemy gets a drop on you it's an one round Game Over in a situation that was potentially completely unavoidable. At a certain point you get access to Estoma and can just ignore them but still. Bad design!

2) The mash X black holes just seem really out of place and serve no purpose

I just beat regular 4 and both those are in there. Save scummed like a fiend!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but did those memory card prices ever get not-moronic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I just beat regular 4 and both those are in there. Save scummed like a fiend!

In 4A you don't lost anything if you die, they just put you right back before the battle like FFXIII.

• Locked thread