Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

weak wrists big dick posted:

I guarantee you did not stare at the blinking text cursor while flipping through the manual bundled with the game (or the sweaty piece of notebook paper your friend gave you with 20 floppy disks) alone

I was thinking about the game Stonekeep the other day, and I remember I could not for the life of me ever get that title to work. It's on GOG now frustration free minus any odd gameplay mechanic quirks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Is Stardew Valley co-op yet? It's the main reason I picked it up, and it was "coming soon after release" a year ago when it was released.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Is Stardew Valley co-op yet? It's the main reason I picked it up, and it was "coming soon after release" a year ago when it was released.

Nope!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That was a typo, they meant to say the game will feature coop.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There's a multiplayer mod but it's pretty upfront about its instability

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They posted an update last month saying it's coming but it's in the hands of the people working on the game (ConcernedApe or w/e his name is, has pretty much handed off the game to a team and he just contributes occasionally)

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
It's almost as if they are published by renowned video game company Chucklefish

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stardew Valley is good, you should play it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's almost as if they are published by renowned video game company Chucklefish
i'm not bothered by that though. i mean they published risk of rain and halfway which are decent games. and i liked starbound's solo campaign even though i still have issues with the game in total

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iwmdDenZwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShVuzJlDuyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XueSrJOFHks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEONTOhRIz8

I think I have a new favorite Youtube channel.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi hello, is Styx good?

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Just a quick solution for you gaming headset people, the HyperX Cloud II's are what I use, and have been for a year now. I swear by them. They're insanely comfortable (and this is coming from someone whose tried a ton of headsets and have had to throw them off after an hour's use because my ears were aching). I have worn these all day without a single problem. They're closed ear, so keep in mind it's hard to hear anything outside of whatever you're listening to if it's moderately loud, but they deliver great sound (with 7.1 Surround Sound) and the mic is very decent. Highly recommend.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

WTF Sajak?! Yes, I was gonna eat that! :argh:

Thanks for pointing out this channel.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hi hello, is Styx good?

the game is a old style stealth game so prepare to reload a loving lot everytime you gently caress up

it has charm but i couldnt hang with it. sequel coming soon could improve things

styx the band is way better,

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

Was getting any sort of game to work on Windows 3.1/MS-DOS through Windows 95 as frustrating as I remember it being?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_A1GNx0M9M

phourniner posted:

Just a quick solution for you gaming headset people, the HyperX Cloud II's are what I use, and have been for a year now. I swear by them. They're insanely comfortable (and this is coming from someone whose tried a ton of headsets and have had to throw them off after an hour's use because my ears were aching). I have worn these all day without a single problem. They're closed ear, so keep in mind it's hard to hear anything outside of whatever you're listening to if it's moderately loud, but they deliver great sound (with 7.1 Surround Sound) and the mic is very decent. Highly recommend.

I purchased the HyperX Cloud I since I wasn't looking for 7.1 Surround, and those are quite good too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Extremely disappointed to see Nioh has bigass spiders, I was actually looking forward to playing it. :smith:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybeI4MTwtpo

Never forget Donald Trump's crimes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Extremely disappointed to see Nioh has bigass spiders, I was actually looking forward to playing it. :smith:

just play it coop and wait at the spawn until a cool friend kills all the bugs for you.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CJacobs posted:

Don't you love Bloodborne? Is Rom a problem? Serious question.

In other news: I just spent twenty five point four nine of my United States dollars on Yoshi's Woolly World for my Nintendo Wii U video game console and I have begun the long wait for it to download.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 7, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Don't you love Bloodborne? Is Rom a problem? Serious question.

Rom itself, no. Rom is more like a weird pillbug thing, and the spider adds do freak me out a bit but they're weird crabs with big dumb rock heads so they don't bother me. Now, the spiders in the Nightmare of Mensis on the other hand... there's a reason I only did the chalice dungeons once and then never again.

Real hurthling! posted:

just play it coop and wait at the spawn until a cool friend kills all the bugs for you.

That would be a good idea but (early-ish game boss spoilers) there is a Queelag-alike in Nioh, except much more spider than person and much freakier looking.

edit: also there are spiders that hang on the ceiling by webs and then drop down on you to ambush you and that's a good way to get me to never buy your game ever

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 7, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Heh, arachnophobia. Even jumping spiders bother you with their cute little eyes?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Heh, arachnophobia. Even jumping spiders bother you with their cute little eyes?

Buddy, I can't even handle daddy long-legs. They make me yelp and get help for clearing out a room, because they're terrifying.

e: I can handle them in videogames just fine, weirdly enough. But in real life? Nooooo no no.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I feel bad for arachnophobes, spiders are largely the most harmless things and really easy to deal with (cup over them, slide paper under, toss outside) but some people turn into mewling messes when faced with a bathroom spider

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You're afraid of random poo poo in this world too, I'm sure

edit: btw the reason I'm afraid of spiders is because I'm allergic to spider venom so please gently caress off with your "heh"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I feel bad for arachnophobes, spiders are largely the most harmless things and really easy to deal with (cup over them, slide paper under, toss outside) but some people turn into mewling messes when faced with a bathroom spider

It's because - like mice and bats - they can move really, really fast if they want to and climb your legs.

I know most of them don't actually move very much, but we get these huge spiders (not sure what breed, but they're like the size of a quarter) that like to creep around the floor and send me running. At that point, it doesn't matter if they're harmless: they're here and they're moving and :gonk:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hi hello, is Styx good?
I had a lot of fun playing it, but ended up getting bored before finishing it. The mechanics are pretty cool. They did a good job of giving you a lot of tools that have their purposes, and also designing levels that have more or less optimal ways to get through them. So there's more than one way to do things, but often, there's a best way.

Combat is not a thing. Like, if you get seen by one enemy, you probably kill them, if you get seen by 2 enemies, haha good luck. Still maybe possible. But it's not like Thief or Deus Ex, or something where when the alarms go off you can just fight. You can't even attack. Combat is countering only. Which actually is really cool. But let that sink in.

basicall this:

Real hurthling! posted:

the game is a old style stealth game so prepare to reload a loving lot everytime you gently caress up

it has charm but i couldnt hang with it. sequel coming soon could improve things

styx the band is way better,

If you're getting it for less than 10 bucks or free (I got it for free) it's worth your time.

Looking forward to the sequel.

but anyway...

NIOH IS loving GAME OF THE YEAR

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I wish I could just plug an ethernet cable into the Wii U. Download speeeed

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I wish I could just plug an ethernet cable into the Wii U. Download speeeed

Why? You can't play Nioh on the Wii U

and also, are you serious? there's no way to wire up the Wii U? Is that a joke? does nintendo know how to make technology?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can buy a USB Ethernet port if you really care that much.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm scared of spiders, but since my first instinct when i see one is, instead of running, to smash it as fast as possible, it's never an issue in video games

except when you pop open a crate in thief 2 and three of the fuckers start jumping out at your face

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I liked the guy in Diablo 3 that could throw jars of spiders everywhere, even if in retrospect he's kind of a terrible "spooky darkest Africa" racist cliche.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm very afraid of spiders but I have conditioned myself to not kill them because the ones around here aren't poisonous and eat the actually harmful bugs. If one of them shows up I'll side-eye it until it scurries back to where I can't see it.

Red Bones posted:

I liked the guy in Diablo 3 that could throw jars of spiders everywhere, even if in retrospect he's kind of a terrible "spooky darkest Africa" racist cliche.

It's really weird that no one during development went "wait, this is like something out of a 1930s belgian comic"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Got fired from my job of thirteen years today

Not because of anything I did, but because there's another guy with the same last name at my workplace and they namesearched his last name and removed the first result from the employee register rather than do any actual research into who was the one being fired

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

What the gently caress? Did the guy who was actually supposed to be fired keep his job? :psyduck:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo

captain invictus was pepe silvia the whole time

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Lurdiak posted:

It's really weird that no one during development went "wait, this is like something out of a 1930s belgian comic"

I mean Blizzard has done the whole 'foreign culture as aesthetic' thing in pretty much all of their games, and sometimes the foreign culture is rendered vaguely accurately and sometimes it is just a homogenised mishmash of different cultures blended together by colonial-era writers and artists. See: every time a blizzard game visits 'the orient', every time something that looks vaguely native american shows up, etc etc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

What the gently caress? Did the guy who was actually supposed to be fired keep his job? :psyduck:

He is still on the payroll and is the only one who comes up when you search for my last name, yes!

My boss already knows and is going to fix it tomorrow(and promised handwritten checks for hours worked if they don't begin sending them right away again) but it was weird coming off of medical leave, swiping in and seeing "no employee for card found". Hopefully the person in hr who did it gets severely reprimanded/fired at least

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Got fired from my job of thirteen years today

Not because of anything I did, but because there's another guy with the same last name at my workplace and they namesearched his last name and removed the first result from the employee register rather than do any actual research into who was the one being fired

This sounds like the literal textbook definition of wrongful termination.

Edit: Okay, sounds like it's already being taken care of cause that would otherwise be some serious bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh I know, and it's not an issue since they're going to be fixing it(union is already on it) but it's still absurd and a little hilarious. Like, the lack of giving a poo poo that person in hr must have is incredible.

• Locked thread