Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
You can also add a server to favourites by go to the Steam View -> Servers drop down and add the server to your list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Filipino Freakout posted:

Higher values = longer duration for those sliders.

I'm not sure if this is correct. Higher speed means that day passes faster and not slower, I just tried it and when I set the slider to 10x you can see the sun move.

If you set it below 1 the days become longer.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

BabyFur Denny posted:

How can I join a server by IP?

you can also simply open the console in game with the "~" key and type "open [server ip]" without quotes.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hammerstein posted:

I'm not sure if this is correct. Higher speed means that day passes faster and not slower, I just tried it and when I set the slider to 10x you can see the sun move.

If you set it below 1 the days become longer.

I think you're right, almost all servers I've played on have night 10x and day 1x or something similar, I got them mixed up. It refers to speed not duration.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
So, .5 would make day and night last twice as long.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So I set up a server
[CTS] Dedicated PvP (Midwest US)
-Dedicated Xenon E5-2609 8x2.399ghx 32Gb soon to be 64Gb. Only thing on the rig

Its been up for a day, took it down twice to change config and enable battle eye, no issues so far, could use some stress testing. If anyone wants to give it a go. Also would appreciate an add to the OP.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

LumberingTroll posted:

So I set up a server
[CTS] Dedicated PvP (Midwest US)
-Dedicated Xenon E5-2609 8x2.399ghx 32Gb soon to be 64Gb. Only thing on the rig

Its been up for a day, took it down twice to change config and enable battle eye, no issues so far, could use some stress testing. If anyone wants to give it a go. Also would appreciate an add to the OP.

I'm thinking about turning BattleEye on, I just kept it off cause Funcom said there were issues with it.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Hammerstein posted:

I'm thinking about turning BattleEye on, I just kept it off cause Funcom said there were issues with it.

I havent seen any bad issues, the ai seems a hell of a lot more agressive, and we get less weird issues with crafting stations for some reason it seems.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I'm not so scared Funcom wil drop support on the game anymore since they posted this on their website. A week out in Early Access and the game's entire development cost is already paid back and is now in the black from Steam sales alone

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I'm not so scared Funcom wil drop support on the game anymore since they posted this on their website. A week out in Early Access and the game's entire development cost is already paid back and is now in the black from Steam sales alone

Provided they can maintain a balance between increasing development man-hours to build and improve and the increased cost of staffing for those man-hours that's really good and I'm happy for them.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

LumberingTroll posted:

I havent seen any bad issues, the ai seems a hell of a lot more agressive, and we get less weird issues with crafting stations for some reason it seems.

Thanks.

We also just turned it on and less crafting glitches too.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
To be honest I think a lot of the glitches aren't a server setting issue, and they are just issues caused by the rapid (probably sloppy, if needed) patching by Funcom. They're on a faster than 24 hours turntime so this isn't surprising.

Any issues fixed or seemingly fixed by changing a server setting is likely placebo, or simply a result of the server just restarting itself.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Would there be any interest in my twenty man server @ 5 clan max for a smaller scale thing if people are more into that?

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Been playing this game on another server with some friends, and I have a few questions.

Is the third tier of walls destroy-able by anything in the game now?

Any word form the devs (I haven't seen any streams or heard of how to find them) if Crom altars will be added soon?

Where do you goons find is the best place to farm spiders for their ichor? I loving hate that drop rate.

Also I saw a neat map a few pages back (flagrantly displaying the BMW base in a case of dumb goon drama), where can I find a non marked up one with the grid system?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Been playing this game on another server with some friends, and I have a few questions.

Is the third tier of walls destroy-able by anything in the game now?

Any word form the devs (I haven't seen any streams or heard of how to find them) if Crom altars will be added soon?

Where do you goons find is the best place to farm spiders for their ichor? I loving hate that drop rate.

Also I saw a neat map a few pages back (flagrantly displaying the BMW base in a case of dumb goon drama), where can I find a non marked up one with the grid system?

Third tier walls can be blown up with explosive jars. Just tougher than t2.

Crom Altars will be added sometime-ish but that god is stupid and doesn't do anything so IDK why

NE area of the map has a lot of spiders and there are maps that mark all the NPC spawn types

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Kimsemus posted:

Third tier walls can be blown up with explosive jars. Just tougher than t2.

Crom Altars will be added sometime-ish but that god is stupid and doesn't do anything so IDK why

NE area of the map has a lot of spiders and there are maps that mark all the NPC spawn types

Yeah I also just noticed that I can change my religion if I wander far enough. Thanks.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't remember if I got this here but it's pretty cool that someone took the time to put it together.

https://conanexiles.ginfo.gg/

The other hand drawn ones I've found were terrible, inaccurate and incomplete.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I found a choice spot on the goon server wedged between two hostile camps but far enough away that they don't aggro my closest structure.

No one will say if we are building a main encampment so I'm doing my own thing for now.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I found a choice spot on the goon server wedged between two hostile camps but far enough away that they don't aggro my closest structure.

No one will say if we are building a main encampment so I'm doing my own thing for now.

Be careful you aren't so close as to stop their spawns

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I wonder what the actual range is for things despawning, because I'd love to build a base right next to all these rocks and iron, but if it despawns the iron and also the spiders.... Eh.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoGoGadget posted:

Be careful you aren't so close as to stop their spawns

OH! I didn't know that was a feature. I may be too close to one but the other is rife with bitches shooting arrows.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I think all the main camp goons quit the server already. Everybody in the clan is waiting for an official server and want to pvp with pubbies.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gamesguy posted:

I think all the main camp goons quit the server already. Everybody in the clan is waiting for an official server and want to pvp with pubbies.

the server is still populated and there are a number of goons playing, there are like 3-4 goon bases at this point. There just isn't a central goon guild and there are a bunch of splinters.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Gamesguy posted:

Was it a Goon Guild implosion? When did this happen?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gamesguy posted:

Buh? There seems to always be around 20 people.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Tempus Thales posted:

Was it a Goon Guild implosion? When did this happen?

I have no idea, I logged onto discord and asked about the goon guild and they told me most people in the main guild are waiting for an official server.

There's some people running around doing their own thing though.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Been playing on that [CIR] goon server. Smooth as butter for a few days now. Learned some stuff about the game so far.

The hardest part about progressing in this game is the recipes. Actually getting the materials is piss easy. It's not like Minecraft where if you die with diamond gear, you have to go quarry another mountain. Losing gear isn't super bad. And repairing it is super quick. Exp is king, and you dont lose exp when you die.

Building is a bit slow and tedious. Your character can't hold a lot. Pro-tip; build you walls and blocks while you're mining rocks to free up space.

Hyenas are a loving blight to the very fun of the game. They aggro from miles away, run faster than your sprint speed, and cripple your move speed with their base attacks. And there's billions of them. However, the game remains spitfully playable thanks to a very simple structure (1 foundation block with 4 door frames around it). The combat gazebo. If you find yourself being pursued by a number of hyenas (my high score is 7), run over to one of these sanctuaries that are littered all over the loving map by you and other players and they can't hit it for anything.

Rhinos are huge and can destroy T1 structures after a while of the bashing. You can technically run around them faster than they can turn, but they also seem to be able to grab you with their massive hitbox and prevent you from moving. The best method for killing them is actually from below, as they can't attack downwards. Make a structure that the rhino can climb on to, and have a hole so you can attack up at them. Congrats, now your nudey man can punch rhinos to death.

The best way to gain exp is to kill "high level" creatures over and over. I've found some spiders that spawn way to the north of the noobie area, center of the map, southwest of the city. Specifically, around the sectors O-9 and P-9 of this map: These spiders are real lovely when you first see them. They're ranged poison shooters that stack a slowing+killing poison, and they back up if you get too close. Build a little wall or something to hide behind, and back up so they get close to it and then run up to them and circle around them while they try to attack. They turn slow and can't shoot what's not in front of them. The poison isn't so bad when it's at low stack numbers too. Crazy exp. They also drop ichor for candle making, but candles really suck as light sources.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 8, 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
some good tips in the above post for early leveling. follow that advice

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I had fun pvping tonight on the goon server. I lost all my poo poo three times in a row because of crashes or serverside bugs, so I said gently caress it and started attacking BMW for shits and giggles. All of the technical bottlenecks and poor optimization make this game really frustrating, but as far as PvP goes I think it's a blast. I'm going to stop playing for now besides occasionally jaunting onto the goon server to hit people with hammers, but hopefully they'll make this a good, playable game sooner rather than later so that I'll not be crashing and loading for ten minutes at a time every time that happens.

I posted some stuff in the discord, but I'll do a more formal PvP guide in here with how things currently are.

For a brief summary of what I'm going to say: Stamina is the most important stat, vitality is good in that it lets you make small mistakes or make risky plays, and encumbrance is good for some silly gimmicks in pvp. Strength and agility are completely loving useless and you're a dumbshit if you take them. You will get trashed by anyone who has even the vaguest clue of how to pvp if you raise those stats.

The only reason to get more infrastructure than one forge and one blacksmith is if you're trying to blow up bases or make huge thrall armies. If you're just going for field pvp or house break ins, all you need to be able to do is make iron, make hammers, and have a secure bed to spawn from where you can do these two things.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 8, 2017

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Gamesguy posted:

I have no idea, I logged onto discord and asked about the goon guild and they told me most people in the main guild are waiting for an official server.

There's some people running around doing their own thing though.

Which main guild are you talking about? The FuckGoons? BMW? Goon Squad? GoonSwarm? I have no idea which main guild you are talking about... There are so many guilds runnning on that server right now...

The server I prodded up has been working so far, but the server software is buggy as gently caress (and expected since this is EA), but the game is fun and If I can kill pubbies then more powert to me...

I am having fun.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Saxophone posted:

I wonder what the actual range is for things despawning, because I'd love to build a base right next to all these rocks and iron, but if it despawns the iron and also the spiders.... Eh.

quote:

Land Claim Radius Multiplier

This increases and decreases the radius at which land claim is applied. This affects the respawn of resources and NPCs as well as the ability of other players to claim nearby land

I just halved this variable on Riddle of Steel from 1 to 0.5

We have an npc camp near our base. Not really close, you still gotta jog a good distance to get there, but for some reason they stopped respawning earlier today. I wanna check if this fixes it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hammerstein posted:

I just halved this variable on Riddle of Steel from 1 to 0.5

We have an npc camp near our base. Not really close, you still gotta jog a good distance to get there, but for some reason they stopped respawning earlier today. I wanna check if this fixes it.

Did the server IP change? It wasn't showing up on the Steam server browser.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Popete posted:

Did the server IP change? It wasn't showing up on the Steam server browser.

I just rebooted a few minutes ago since no one was on and I wanted to change the ini settings. It's back up already, just refresh.

(you know that I changed host today, do you ? It's on page 20)

88.99.0.69:27105

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, yeah I forgot about that.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

So after rebooting the camp near our base is gone for good, also the tents and barricades despawned now. So I guess retroactively changing the Land Claim Radius Multiplier does nothing. Once your claimed area has deplaced the natives, they stay gone for good. No idea if they come back if you move your city.

In our base a lot of wildlife has respawned, but I gotta test how much of that is due to the changed settings and how much just respawned after a server reboot.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Rhinos are huge and can destroy T1 structures after a while of the bashing. You can technically run around them faster than they can turn, but they also seem to be able to grab you with their massive hitbox and prevent you from moving. The best method for killing them is actually from below, as they can't attack downwards. Make a structure that the rhino can climb on to, and have a hole so you can attack up at them. Congrats, now your nudey man can punch rhinos to death.

or you could use arrows and kill them effortlessly without taking any damage :jerry: also solves the hyena problem, i just snipe them from a distance and get mad xp

spiders only take like 2-3 stone arrows to kill too

Percelus fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 8, 2017

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

So after rebooting the camp near our base is gone for good, also the tents and barricades despawned now. So I guess retroactively changing the Land Claim Radius Multiplier does nothing. Once your claimed area has deplaced the natives, they stay gone for good. No idea if they come back if you move your city.

In our base a lot of wildlife has respawned, but I gotta test how much of that is due to the changed settings and how much just respawned after a server reboot.

This happened to me on the goon server, but the weirdest thing is that it was working just fine for a full day of spawns. They just upped and vanished, and I had not moved my foudnations or structures any closer to them. The weird part is that none of their props like anvils or bonfires would spawn in sometimes, but after resets or just random time intervals all of those props would spawn in. No NPCs though. Animals would still spawn around inside of the camp.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
Do we even know NPC spawn camps are permanent? Maybe they vanish now and then and get spawned in a different locations (as long as its outside the claim radius)?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Next Set temple must be way bigger. But it's a beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNIQFfEWfk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sapphira posted:

Do we even know NPC spawn camps are permanent? Maybe they vanish now and then and get spawned in a different locations (as long as its outside the claim radius)?

The ones that despawned for me were the main faction camp of one of the NPC factions.

• Locked thread