Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
"Trial of Blood" Danger Room scenarios - which say they reduce your spirit costs to zero - actually refill your secondary resource (spirit or otherwise) to max, every tick.

Hulk (and any other character whose secondary doubles as health, so probably also Colossus and Psylocke) are basically immortal in Trial of Blood scenarios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jusupov posted:

You have to pump up that IQ rating for every hero

Once your heroes are smart enough they'll know better than to let you play this game.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

"Trial of Blood" Danger Room scenarios - which say they reduce your spirit costs to zero - actually refill your secondary resource (spirit or otherwise) to max, every tick.

Hulk (and any other character whose secondary doubles as health, so probably also Colossus and Psylocke) are basically immortal in Trial of Blood scenarios.

This works well with Angela's new mechanic as well, once she is at full resource she spends resource to remove cooldowns and do more damage. So with that Danger room affix she can just spam her invulnerability skill and clear the instance with 0 risk.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Why Batroc's?

It gives HT better TTK times than his own boots or the hydra ones.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

This indirectly reminds me --- what the hell theoretically drops a Cosmic Tanya's Letter? Given that it's DR loot and all.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

This indirectly reminds me --- what the hell theoretically drops a Cosmic Tanya's Letter? Given that it's DR loot and all.

Sauron in CMM Brotherhood waves.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

It gives HT better TTK times than his own boots or the hydra ones.

Yeah, I was just surprised they work out better than Hydra.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Toshimo posted:

Sauron in CMM Brotherhood waves.
Jesus Christ.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmHW71_ZnRw

Good to see Kurt Bunker back in action, even if it's some poo poo marvel show

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Jusupov posted:

idk, a self-aware parody of a 70's kung fu film could work

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jusupov posted:

Green Arrow new season looks good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's clearly Batman Begins.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lozareth posted:

I did an extremely lazy spreadsheet of TTK times so I can more easily see who needs a TTK:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LjM0TVdsl23CB5R15nVkIwSaZ70gVOnOVtSX1St2lN8/edit#gid=0

If the TTK community can stop calling this test temporary until MH settles down and I'm still playing by then, I'll turn it into a detailed spreadsheet once again.

I want to hear more from the person in the thread that claimed they can't get less than 10 minutes.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Saint Freak posted:

I want to hear more from the person in the thread that claimed they can't get less than 10 minutes.

TonyBing build or he used the wrong dummy

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jusupov posted:

David Wenham is my favorite supporting actor so I will watch this for as long as it takes his obvious henchman to get murdered.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Jusupov posted:

Not a single punched out dragon in sight

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This is his origin story, when he was only the lesser Aluminum Fist.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Is that Thor Ye Olde Ranged Build (now w/Talents) or something new? I know you can talent Hammer Strike to be ranged, but since there's people complaining that CtS is so much stronger than any melee build I feel like you probably don't want the CtS cooldown+Hammer Strike ranged filler build. Or maybe you do what do I know

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

Is that Thor Ye Olde Ranged Build (now w/Talents) or something new? I know you can talent Hammer Strike to be ranged, but since there's people complaining that CtS is so much stronger than any melee build I feel like you probably don't want the CtS cooldown+Hammer Strike ranged filler build. Or maybe you do what do I know

In my testing, CtS and Hammer Strike give the same ttk times. I'm working on a Hammer Strike ttk that should beat that 2 minute time. I have it down to 2:04 with a few more things to add to Thor. It's no different than that Godly Smite build other than putting a different ability on your left-click and I swapped one artifact for Demonicus.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Can't wait to see how Daniel Randall Thor gets the Heron Mark Tattoo and beats up some False Dragons and also I guess Colleen Wing tugs her braid constantly?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

can't wait to see how lame the fights are and how many dozens of hours of padding sits between them

i'm guessing it takes Danny 20 hours to reach the terminal boss, with only 4 mobs defeated for the bounty one of which was his team-up that turned on him 15 hours in

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Clearly your math is off as there only 13 episodes in a season. So, the sum total of the time for Danny to reach the terminal boss, beat down his treacherous team-up, and get the bounty can't be greater than ~13 hours.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

actually it could take a whole lifetime cos they just do a montage to show the passing of time or whatever

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
You know, it's gonna be kinda interesting to see how they handle the whole 'gauntlet of deathtrap building'. Ninjas, trapped floors and lifts, a super-powered man locked in a room specifically to kill him...Straight out of a videogame kinda stuff.

All that and the guy he was after dies of a heart attack. Still ends up on the run from the law for the murder, given the daughter sees it, and presumes the worst(Meachum was terrified for most of his life of Danny coming back).

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I just hope the Big Bad is the guy who sweeps Daniel LaRusso's leg and then apologises profusely, he's my favourite karate villain.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:
We had enough on the SG this past weekend to run Axis and Musp. Felt good getting realm/world firsts post-update in both because everyone else forgot raids exist. Some guy chowed down on like 3 or 4 orbs in Axis but we burned onslut in like 6 minutes so that's cool.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
drat, hope it happens again

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Therapist posted:

We had enough on the SG this past weekend to run Axis and Musp. Felt good getting realm/world firsts post-update in both because everyone else forgot raids exist. Some guy chowed down on like 3 or 4 orbs in Axis but we burned onslut in like 6 minutes so that's cool.

This sounds insane. I thought according to the steam review, the game is at an unplayable garbage tier level

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

New flourish reward coming with the next mystic mayhem at the end of the month, need to do mystic mystery 6 - 10 for it

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Is there any place to find info for all the mystic cheevos? I didn't do any of them, I think, because I didn't have the team-ups until now.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think reddit has a thread that updates those.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Mystic 6: As Ghost Rider defeat 2000+ mystic lava demons in cmm and ~44 lavahearts. Lavaheart count might be lower, especially after last patch that made it so people got it just from logging in.

Mystic 7: Defeat Deceiver and Herald of Ash and Lavaheart 5 times each with Doom with probably any team-up.

Mystic 8: Defeat 12 Minions with the three following heroes - Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider and Blade

Mystic 9:vvvvv

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 8, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Jusupov posted:

Mystic 9: Defeat villain counterparts with green goblin, black cat, uhh something else? [not Taskmaster, Loki, Doctor Doom, and Juggernaut since those were in mystic 3]

Forums say:

quote:

It's three defeats per boss, and needs to be done with three different playable villain characters. You get to choose which three you like of the (currently confirmed) four that work for this achievement.

Confirmed to work:

-Magneto (confirmed by achievement pop on defeat)

-Ultron (confirmed by achievement pop on defeat)

-Goblin (confirmed by achievement pop on defeat)

-Venom (confirmed by achievement pop on defeat)

Confirmed to not work:

-Black Cat

-Electra

-Taskmaster

-Juggernaut

-Loki

-Doom

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I'm missing 6 and 7 and that 6 is going to be so much fun

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

6 should work in regular MM right? not seeing anyone say it has to be cmm

don't really feel like gearing up the goat rider

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Yup it should. Unless gaz gazzes something

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

He's good and cool though.

But yeah, almost none of these even require you to unlock the character, much less gear them for cosmic. I definitely did Blade's part of one of these without owning him. Also Kitty for an earlier one (since rectified).

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah actually the one that required Colossus I did on my (still) locked level 10 Colossus

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I did 6 in regular MM. Grinding kills is faster and with the bosses being utterly worthless you don't feel bad skipping them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

We knew it would happen, but a sad day for ole Ben Grimm nonetheless:

quote:

Damage retuned for the following powers - Let’s Roll, Suzie, Quit it, Hothead!, Food Cart Fling.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312157/test-center-preliminary-patch-notes-2-8