Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Hexenritter posted:

:laffo: what did you get banned for?

3:1 odds "Scout here!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Dang. 556 hours spent playing and tinkering in mechlab. Tier 1 now, which definitely means I have spent way too much time in this game..

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
They confused him with me and hit the ban button.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

aniviron posted:

3:1 odds "Scout here!"

One less voice to spam "sorry, negative, thanks, sorry, sorry, need some help over here, thanks." He shall be missed.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I can't break 2:1. At this point I will never be a cyber athlete

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Bobcats posted:

I can't break 2:1. At this point I will never be a cyber athlete

Guide to becoming a cyber-athlete.
Step 1: Get on disability
Step 2: Never play anything else
Step 3: Use your disability/SSI to p2w the opposition.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Games › WelfareWarrior Online: You're Only As Good As Your Most Disabled Teammate

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Hexenritter posted:

:laffo: what did you get banned for?

Do not call GM serenity a fat sperglord, just fyi.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

lmao smdh

Edit: anyone here play Kerbal Space Program? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_zwqikol2Y

Artificer fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 7, 2017

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Azuth0667 posted:

Really? Cause I didn't get poo poo for telling one of the devs that all :pgi: team members aren't people and should be shot in the back. I love when they show up in games.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rysithusiku posted:

Really? Cause I didn't get poo poo for telling one of the devs that all :pgi: team members aren't people and should be shot in the back. I love when they show up in games.

That would easily be considered regular old poo poo talking in a match but I suspect being called a fat sperglord triggered whoever was the recipient.

Possibly because they were one. Who knows?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Azuth0667 posted:

I've been banned for a while.

Out of curiosity, how much cash had PGI managed to squeeze out of that account before they banned it?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Didn't he get banned due to that 5,000 team damage thing? Either way, you don't get banned for just playing the game.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

NihilCredo posted:

Out of curiosity, how much cash had PGI managed to squeeze out of that account before they banned it?

6.95$. The price of a good :burger:

TjyvTompa posted:

Didn't he get banned due to that 5,000 team damage thing? Either way, you don't get banned for just playing the game.

Over a long period of time it turned out to be like 0-5 damage per game when you do the math.

:pgi: appologists get :commissar:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

The only way to lose your tier ratings is by dying and losing the match against opponents the game thinks are worse than you. I think most match outcomes will result in at least a small increase to your rating, or at worst no change.

Ah thanks, that explains why my rank keeps dropping. :v:

That said, I've looked up those "season 7" stats and it turns out I'm so bad I'm not even listed on that, ha ha

My rank is literally "N/A"

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Libluini posted:

That said, I've looked up those "season 7" stats and it turns out I'm so bad I'm not even listed on that, ha ha

My rank is literally "N/A"

Season 7 started a couple days ago. Look up your Season 6 stats instead, you might just not have any recorded game for S7 yet, that's the only reason that should happen.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

aniviron posted:

Season 7 started a couple days ago. Look up your Season 6 stats instead, you might just not have any recorded game for S7 yet, that's the only reason that should happen.

Huh. I had to go back to Season 5 to find myself. Welp, at least this explains the 5 patches I had to wait through. I should play more often. :v:

(I was place 32166 out of 55205. At least I'm on the list? :shrug:)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
HBS Battletech beta is out March 15th. Now's your last chance to back it if you haven't already before they raise prices.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

The only way to lose your tier ratings is by dying and losing the match against opponents the game thinks are worse than you. I think most match outcomes will result in at least a small increase to your rating, or at worst no change.

Libluini posted:

I didn't think dying or opponent level had much to do with it. I always thought it was just win/lose then your match score applied to a scale. So if your W/L ratio is at all positive then you should be going up.

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/210140-some-clarification-about-tiers-and-psr/

(They may have changed it since then, and of course, the probability of :pgi: not being entirely upfront rapidly approaches 1 over time - perhaps there's something in the range distribution affected by the opposition)

I tend to stay static whenever I try and play mediums and lights, because I am old and slow and suck. Last month playing mainly as an assault finally pushed me over into T2. :woop: de :woop:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Skoll posted:

HBS Battletech beta is out March 15th. Now's your last chance to back it if you haven't already before they raise prices.

Why would they raise prices? But it's nice to know beta has a date.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It's a common tactic with Kickstarters and the like, incentivize/reward those that back you early I guess. Regardless, Each tier goes up $10 on the 15th of this month.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

edit: Nevermind.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 8, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Q_res posted:

It's a common tactic with Kickstarters and the like, incentivize/reward those that back you early I guess. Regardless, Each tier goes up $10 on the 15th of this month.

Good to know. I went ahead and gave them the beta moneys. :)

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat

Azuth0667 posted:

I've been banned for a while.

I shall do my best to carry on your legacy.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Swiller of Beer posted:

I shall do my best to carry on your legacy.

:patriot:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/244634-sweet-deals-with-mc-3/page__p__5605659#entry5605659

Skill tree PTS will be happening today, apparently.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Also, we got this new thing up today: https://status.mwomercs.com. Not automated yet but it will be soon. We are aiming to provide better ways to know the status of the game and provide more info about what caused service outages in the past.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Looking forward to this no doubt smooth transition.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I played this game many years ago and now I have a decent computer again, so I want to blast robots* again. My old fave was a commando with unguided missiles that acted like a big ol shotgun. Is that build still viable, or has the game changed so much now that the commando is no longer king?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The commando was never king.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

False and wrong. When net code was extremely broken in closed beta the SRM2 Commandos used to run roughshod over everything. I got like four Atlas kills in one match with one simply because HSR was so broken, they couldn't be hit.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Artificer posted:

Closed beta XL400 commandos that were unhittable due to lovely netcode.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Skill tree PTS patch notes are up.

Buying skill points is a huge loving cbill sink. Unlocking a node is 100K (and 1500XP), respeccing one is 125K (25K to remove the skill point and get the XP back, 100K to buy a new node). Each variant has a cap of 91 unlockable skill nodes. Every single mech variant you currently have mastered right now will cost 9.1 million c-bills to re-master under the new system.

You will need to respec skill nodes if you switch weapons between classes. This means LPLs and LLs don't share skills, but LLs and MLs do.

Most of the trees are frontloaded with absolute garbage. If you spec into the more-HP tree, two of your first four choices will be poo poo like "AMS overload" or "Fall damage".

Most of the must-have non-weapon modules from before require you to take 12+ nodes in one of the janky "miscellaneous" trees full of stuff like sensor range and target info gathering.

Every mech has the exact same skill trees. (The % values are different based on weight class and IS/Clan, but there's no difference between a Timber Wolf's and a Summoner's skill trees.) You just can't unlock skills for weapons/equipment that mech can't carry.

You can't unlock a weapon skill for an omnimech unless you have an omnipod CURRENTLY ATTACHED TO IT RIGHT NOW with an appropriate hardpoint.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 9, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:pgi:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
EVERY SINGLE MECH VARIANT YOU CURRENTLY OWN WILL COST 9.1 MILLION CBILLS PER VARIANT TO MASTER UNDER THE NEW SYSTEM.

XP is grandfathered, but the cbill cost of unlocking nodes is not. Any weapon or utility modules you currently own will be refunded to help offset this, but anyone who regularly swapped modules or just didn't use them - so, everyone reading this thread most likely - is completely boned.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 9, 2017

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:lol: @ ECM changes. Cripple it further, why don't ya.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

This is loving ridiculous. Did they just sign a contract with a Korean MMO developer or something

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Thank gently caress BT Beta is in March.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Cease to Hope posted:

EVERY SINGLE MECH VARIANT YOU CURRENTLY OWN WILL COST 9.1 MILLION CBILLS PER VARIANT TO MASTER UNDER THE NEW SYSTEM.

XP is grandfathered, but the cbill cost of unlocking nodes is not. Any weapon or utility modules you currently own will be refunded to help offset this, but anyone who regularly swapped modules or just didn't use them - so, everyone reading this thread most likely - is completely boned.

Guess I'm done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Thronde posted:

Thank gently caress BT Beta is in March.

Seriously, between this and Battletech Beta coming out I'm half tempted to just go out in a blaze of glory and get banned...

• Locked thread