Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Much like the destruction of the Normandy, Joker's sequence was really, really loving good the first time you did it. If you replayed the game you started wishing for a skip button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

quote:

Ian S. Frazier ‏@tibermoon
Today I filed a bug about how you can sleep with a particular character at an emotionally inappropriate time. #OnlyAtBioWare

Destin Legarie ‏@destinlegarie
Let's take out the Kett! *Begins making out, keeps making out, gets super awkward for squadmates*

Ian S. Frazier @tibermoon
Oh, you've seen this bug too? ;)

The idea that Ryder punctuates a battlecry with loud loving is kind of funny.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Pops Mgee posted:

The section where they make you control Joker is really dumb and annoying too.

It's too bad you couldn't reach an airlock during that sequence. The game would have been much improved.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

DancingShade posted:

That was a good sequence. I'm sorry you don't like good things.

Codependent Poster posted:

It was a fun tense sequence. It's like 5 minutes, tops. It's also a much better impact when it puts you in the shoes of a defenseless character seeing all this poo poo go down and trying to escape instead of just watching it as a cutscene.

I'm holding you guys responsible for that lovely limping section at the end of ME3

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hamburger Test posted:

I'm holding you guys responsible for that lovely limping section at the end of ME3

We knew you wouldn't like it and asked the devs to put that in just for you.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

AriadneThread posted:

shadow broker

He was trying to sell you back to the Collectors.

marshmallow creep posted:

The idea that Ryder punctuates a battlecry with loud loving is kind of funny.

They just pick up Ryder and Peebee and put them into a single drop-pod together and launch them onto the Kett base regardless.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

exquisite tea posted:

If Steve Blum hasn't threatened to kill you at least 10 times by now than I must question your video game credentials.

:lol: :yeah:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sara and Scott's character kits are released.

Reflecting on the defaults they use for marketing, I find myself really liking Sara Ryder's face if only because she really nails a kind of kid sister look, while Scott just manages to nail looking like someone I'd probably want to punch. That probably says something unfavorable about me, but welp.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Reflecting on the defaults they use for marketing, I find myself really liking Sara Ryder's face if only because she really nails a kind of kid sister look, while Scott just manages to nail looking like someone I'd probably want to punch. That probably says something unfavorable about me, but welp.

You want to be in charge of who your kid sister fucks?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Finally a game protagonist representing height challenged men everywhere! Kudos, Bioware.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

punch every man

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is there a height slider? I ain't no manlet!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

AriadneThread posted:

punch every man

Agreed. But also Peebee.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Agreed. But also Peebee.

Perhaps a little more than just punching her would be good. Flat out murder.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Waltzing Along posted:

Perhaps a little more than just punching her would be good. Flat out murder.

Murdering dat pus$y, you mean.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Have they said anything about being able to customise the appearance of the Ryder things?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Drifter posted:

Murdering dat pus$y, you mean.

I imagine asari sex is more like wearing the rings from Demolition Man.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

comatose posted:

Have they said anything about being able to customise the appearance of the Ryder things?

Yeah. You can make the one you play look however you want, and the twin will auto adjust to look similar. Then if you want them to look different you can edit them further. Dad is based off the one you play.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
itt people desperately trying to hide the fact that they've already decided to bone Peebee.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

i ain't boning no asari, what are ya some kinda freak?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Flipswitch posted:

i ain't boning no asari, what are ya some kinda freak?

Casey Hudson is.

Anyone in disagreement that PB is his baby?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I like Sara too but the :stare: she's making in the character kit is freaking me out.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Casey Hudson is.

Anyone in disagreement that PB is his baby?

didn't he leave before any details about anything came out?

e: Also PB will be my primary party member and I'll tell you all about how rad she is

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PeeBee sounds cool, actually.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Pee

Bee

Not a good name. Completely taints my perception of the character.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i'm down the asari pee bee

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Olaf The Stout posted:

Pee

Bee

Probably why the art team spent so much time on her taint.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Beefstew posted:

itt people desperately trying to hide the fact that they've already decided to bone Peebee.

Did they announce Peebee is a robit?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Olaf The Stout posted:

Pee

Bee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PB&J_Otter

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Hedrigall posted:

Finally a game protagonist representing height challenged men everywhere! Kudos, Bioware.

Why did they give him the arm proportions of Popeye? Being in space must have shortened his femurs, too.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

He's wearing armor.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

:lol: look at this loving poo poo, look at it hahahaha

enjoy ur preorders

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

sweet geek swag posted:

He's wearing armor.

The fact that without the armour his limbs would be thinner just highlights how weirdly big his head is

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Why do they look like maquettes?

Seriously though is it the lighting or the new engine or what because they seriously look cartoonish to me for some reason

E: ah maybe they modeled the action figures of these characters in-game by mistake

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

The fact that without the armour his limbs would be thinner just highlights how weirdly big his head is

this is a classic bioware issue

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Olaf The Stout posted:

Pee

Bee

It's actually perfect. Name your character "Jay Ryder" then when you romance her ya'll will be PB&J.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

peabnut bubber

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Hedrigall posted:

Are we sure the Ryders aren't actual children?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

JawKnee posted:

:lol: look at this loving poo poo, look at it hahahaha

enjoy ur preorders

Thanks, I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Are we sure the Ryders aren't actual children?

that sounds messy