Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

LordAba posted:

To me his face looks like an angry grandma more than Joffrey, but I can see it.

Robot Guilemon is Granny Goodness, you heard it here first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

LordAba posted:

To me his face looks like an angry grandma more than Joffrey, but I can see it.

Angry Grandad? Probably needs a nice cuddly bunny in his life.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
/!\ Rabbit Update /!\

The bunny is safely at a wildlife shelter, but he still seems pretty out of it. I was thinking he might have a head injury. Hopefully he'll get better!

Here is the bunny inside 3 boxes because I didn't want to risk taking him out of the original box:

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Avenging Dentist posted:

/!\ Rabbit Update /!\

The bunny is safely at a wildlife shelter, but he still seems pretty out of it. I was thinking he might have a head injury. Hopefully he'll get better!

Here is the bunny inside 3 boxes because I didn't want to risk taking him out of the original box:

:ohdear: Don't toy with my emotions like this.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Stay safe, thread bunny!

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

DO IT TO IT posted:

:ohdear: Don't toy with my emotions like this.

We got a little card with the case number and they said they'll keep us up-to-date. Luckily, he didn't appear to have any external injuries, but it's obviously really hard to figure out what's going on with wild animals with a cursory glance.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Avenging Dentist posted:

/!\ Rabbit Update /!\

Chill la Chill posted:

Stay safe, thread bunny!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chill la Chill posted:

Stay safe, thread bunny!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Avenging Dentist posted:

We got a little card with the case number and they said they'll keep us up-to-date. Luckily, he didn't appear to have any external injuries, but it's obviously really hard to figure out what's going on with wild animals with a cursory glance.

That's cool of them. The place we used to drop off animals basically didn't let you know how it resolved which sucked. Some wild animals play possum in that sort of situation so crossing fingers for bunny buddy.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I... I think I love gundams???

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Moola posted:

Somewhere Boom3 just got a massive boner and doesn't know why.

(And it doesn't involve a cartoon character that's more than likely underaged because ANIME. :doom: )

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

Somewhere Boom3 just got a massive boner and doesn't know why.

(And it doesn't involve a cartoon character that's more than likely underaged because ANIME. :doom: )

But she's an old soul.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

/!\ Rabbit Update /!\

You're the hero this thread needs.

Roboute Bunnyman

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Moola posted:

Gundam is Unbreakable.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like GW will be updating Age of Sigmar rules every year with points adjustment in a relatively cheap book. Good on them.

Granted, Wraith of Kings does the same thing but much better, but at least they are trying. Bless their souls.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, Dark Age (same team as WoK) is doing new 2017 rules. If I bring my 2013 book - which I got for free with a starter force - to Gen Con, they'll swap it with the new one, also for free. (I'll probably just buy the new one cuz I like old rulebooks.) On top of that, the PDF will be 100% free.

But apparently charging people a mere $30 or so a year is good customer service.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
There is signs of an upswing in AoS out here as of the last month or so.

I hate it.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

TKIY posted:

There is signs of an upswing in AoS out here as of the last month or so.

I hate it.

It's like spam e-mails. They've filtered out all the people who wouldn't take their poo poo and now building up from from the base of old credulous fools and new credulous fools.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

What's weird is how everyone's excited that the game isn't a complete farce now. Like yeah, it's not the worst, but it's still bad.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Avenging Dentist posted:

What's weird is how everyone's excited that the game isn't a complete farce now. Like yeah, it's not the worst, but it's still bad.

Once a games company gets to a certain level of size and popularity they can gently caress up and still have fans. This is why I continue to grieve for Arcane Legions and AT 43. They didn't hit that critical mass before game/company fuckups hit em.

Sadly GW did and can thus do stupid rear end poo poo and generally get away with it. Though Spartan Games is also somehow able to gently caress up and get away with it so maybe it's just part of the Trumpy world of poo poo we live in.

:smith: Uncharted Seas :smith:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Sir Teabag posted:

You're the hero this thread needs.

Roboute Bunnyman

Rabbite Guilibun :colbert:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Captain Rufus posted:

Once a games company gets to a certain level of size and popularity they can gently caress up and still have fans. This is why I continue to grieve for Arcane Legions and AT 43. They didn't hit that critical mass before game/company fuckups hit em.

Sadly GW did and can thus do stupid rear end poo poo and generally get away with it. Though Spartan Games is also somehow able to gently caress up and get away with it so maybe it's just part of the Trumpy world of poo poo we live in.

:smith: Uncharted Seas :smith:

You either die a good game, or live long enough to get hosed up by dumb companies

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Ashcans posted:

You either die a good game, or live long enough to get hosed up by dumb companies

I like manga boo hiss etc and one of the saddest things is when a series gets really popular

It generally means that the publisher will keep the series alive at all costs and it slowly becomes a greater and greater parody of itself as any original ideas rehashed and recycled into a grey slurry, any meaningful plot progression stops and mindless fanboys buy all the poo poo up to volume 100+.

Same thing with many TV series. Oh my god the Simpsons is still going.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Tell me about the rabbits George Avenging Dentist

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Munin posted:

I like manga boo hiss etc and one of the saddest things is when a series gets really popular

Whenever someone brings up manga I immediately think Berzerk and then cry that it is still going to be a while before we get a new volume.

Man, so the 40k parallels to the end times is insane! All eldar get to join together in a giant force! The potential for non-scattering deepstriking S:D flamer weapons is high!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Avenging Dentist posted:

Yeah, Dark Age (same team as WoK) is doing new 2017 rules. If I bring my 2013 book - which I got for free with a starter force - to Gen Con, they'll swap it with the new one, also for free. (I'll probably just buy the new one cuz I like old rulebooks.) On top of that, the PDF will be 100% free.

But apparently charging people a mere $30 or so a year is good customer service.

It would be nice if things were free, but I think you're reaching for Death Thread material if you're getting mad at GW for not giving you free books.

LordAba posted:

Man, so the 40k parallels to the end times is insane! All eldar get to join together in a giant force! The potential for non-scattering deepstriking S:D flamer weapons is high!

The Eldar aren't all gathered together into one force, plenty of Dark and Regular Eldar are not on board with the Ynnead thing.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

I mean I might be willing to pay for the rules if they were any good.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Corvus Belli updates all their profiles and rules for free on their website with pdfs. They also update their free online list builder, and their free list building app.

You don't get any fluff in the rule pdfs. You need to pay for the artwork and fluff, it's worth it for some, not for others. But the cool thing about the game is that it's balanced well enough that you can run a fluffy list and still beat someone's netlist relatively easily. The downside of Infinity is that the crit mechanic makes it swing as gently caress at times. If you roll a ton of crits there is nothing your opponent can do; similarly if they crit a ton.

Basically you could pay me to play Age of Sigmar at this point, and I still wouldn't be able to say it was a better gaming experience than Infinity.

That's my story thanks for reading.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

New Age of Emperor plot leaks:

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It would be nice if things were free, but I think you're reaching for Death Thread material if you're getting mad at GW for not giving you free books.

GW's model for selling the rules (both in terms of how much they charge you up front and how often they make you rebuy them) is horrendous compared to any of their main competitors so yes, it's 100% reasonable to complain about it

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why exactly did the big planet spaceship become a bunch of smaller spaceships.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

kingcom posted:

New Age of Emperor plot leaks:

They brought Robot back, the Rogue Trader Ultramarines had a half-Eldar Librarian, this checks out.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

They realized the balls were touching

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It was supposedly all being held together by a single Space Pentium 2 and when it broke they all neatly split up again and a god was born as a by-product.

All in all, it was a dismal day.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

They realized the balls were touching

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I may do a bad thing next week and play Kill Team. Am I sinning against all that is good in this world?

(Just kidding the world is a gently caress and ain't nothing good except coffee and Bloodborne,)

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I spent 2,5 hours today setting up terrain, playing an Infinity game and packing away the table. It was a lot of "fun". My thermo optic camouflaged heavy infantry dude jumped out and shot a robot, his giant armored robot shot my heavy infantry dudes. I won by covering the objective with a smoke grenade, run a heavy infantry dude into contact with it and used my last order to shoot a huge blast of red hot metal through the smoke to kill his guy that was contesting it.

Meanwhile the 40k players where still playing their game that they had started before I got to the club.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

*in an extremely goblin voice*

I got what YNNEAD!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

I got what YNNEAD!

And you say he's just a friend, oh baby
Yoooou, you got what YNNEAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm just amazed they finally pulled the trigger on that.

• Locked thread