Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/02/07/march-2017-cover-reveal-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild.aspx

Bunch of new info, read at your own risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Instant Sunrise posted:

breath of the wild is going to be bad because link's hair isn't pink.

Maybe one of his hair options is pink.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Gibbering posted:

Maybe one of his hair options is pink.
Collect the right set of ingredients and make hair dye.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
To achieve the true ending, one must become ambidextrous and wield the sword in the left hand. Then they must go to a stylist.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'm not clicking that and it might be about time to go into blackout mode for anyone who wants surprises.

This game more than most because even if you and a bud are both 20 hours into the game, beyond the initial setup you might have seen and done NOTHING the same, so literally everything is a spoiler, which is both awesome and terrible simultaneously

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Agreed

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That boss they described sure take the wind of Gungeons update.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That boss they described sure take the wind of Gungeons update.

This sentence makes no sense, but can we start spoilering things like this?

Maybe I just need to not read about games for a few months

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ColdPie posted:

Man, that would rule. Imagine being able to play Nintendo games without having to buy Nintendo's overpriced, garbage-tier hardware. Maybe someday soon.......

gently caress off!!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phimosissy posted:

Maybe don't read the Zelda thread until the games out? That preview article also said nothing fwiw

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Phimosissy posted:

I could I guess but it's honestly nothing. The worst thing in that article is a super vague description of what one of the bosses looked like. It was till all nintendo curated content.

As for the statement Enter the Gungeon has a amusing zelda throwback level in it that ends with you fighting a Aganim and Ganon knock off... who both use guns as enemies tend to do in that game.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Has anyone seen the hardcover strategy guide for BotW for sale anywhere yet? I don't normally buy strategy guides anymore, but Zelda is the exception. I even have the one for Spirit Tracks and that's basically the only Zelda that I don't own (I bought the treasure chest).

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Aren't those usually released at the same time (or after) the game comes out?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ColdPie posted:

Man, that would rule. Imagine being able to play Nintendo games without having to buy Nintendo's overpriced, garbage-tier hardware. Maybe someday soon.......

I wonder what's going to happen if the Switch tanks, will Nintendo scramble to release something else to replace it or do the third party thing? I can't wait to see the hacking scene rip the thing open.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

If Nintendo actually goes third party they'll just make bad but extremely profitable mobile games for the rest of time. Enjoy your fantasies

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The 9th and 10th fact on the dungeon segment is extremely my jam.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I could I guess but it's honestly nothing. The worst thing in that article is a super vague description of what one of the bosses looked like. It was till all nintendo curated content.

I was surprised that they showed a named boss in the Superbowl ad

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

s.i.r.e. posted:

I wonder what's going to happen if the Switch tanks, will Nintendo scramble to release something else to replace it or do the third party thing? I can't wait to see the hacking scene rip the thing open.

If it tanks the new nintendo system will be a phone between two joycon.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
:ghost: Nintendo is doooooomed! :ghost:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If the Wii U didn't kill Nintendo's hardware business, nothing will.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a bad person and want a copy of that Game Informer issue. Is that magazine even sold in stores?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

PerrineClostermann posted:

I'm a bad person and want a copy of that Game Informer issue. Is that magazine even sold in stores?

Isn't Game Informer Game Stop's home magazine?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gamestop is partnered with them so you can probably find them there

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mahoning posted:

If the Wii U didn't kill Nintendo's hardware business, nothing will.

I got mine for splatoon and because the new zelda was just around the corner! That was about two years ago. :smith:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I had a Game Informer subscription from like 98-01 or so. Used to look forward to those things every month. Also, I was like 13.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hedrigall posted:

:ghost: Nintendo is doooooomed! :ghost:

1989. gently caress. Where did you find this? I didn't know poo poo that old had been archived.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

1989. gently caress. Where did you find this? I didn't know poo poo that old had been archived.

The magic of usenet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Good luck buying one, the gamestop person is going to force you to subscribe.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

Good luck buying one, the gamestop person is going to force you to subscribe.

Do they not have copies on the rack?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sex Tragedy posted:

If it tanks the new nintendo system will be a phone between two joycon.

I'd buy it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Read through the Gameinformer article, some very interesting and promising stuff was mentioned.
I want this game to be out already!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The magic of usenet.

I miss old usenet. Before every page was just ads. Been a while.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Waltzing Along posted:

I miss old usenet. Before every page was just ads. Been a while.

Cool story, gramps

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ColdPie posted:

I usually just buy Nintendo's reasonably priced, great-tier hardware instead.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Yeah, their portables are pretty good.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

The special edition for botw went up 6 hours ago on amazon canada and its still up now. Might be a mistake, but I hope not.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Ordered one, thanks for the heads up! I usually don't go near special editions, but I want that Switch carrying case.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hungry Computer posted:

Ordered one, thanks for the heads up! I usually don't go near special editions, but I want that Switch carrying case.

Yeah, that was the main reason I went for it too. The other stuff is neat I guess, but ultimately just more crap. The case looks drat nice

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Phimosissy posted:

Yeah, that was the main reason I went for it too. The other stuff is neat I guess, but ultimately just more crap. The case looks drat nice

Yeah, it's cool that a "collector's" edition finally comes with something that's useful and practical. I was going to get a case for my Switch but Zelda solved that problem. I just hope it doesn't dirty easily, though I'm sure it will, the details look like rubber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Remember when everyone lost their poo poo about Wind Waker being cel shaded? Has the Zelda fan community gotten over their hard-on for "realistic Zelda"?

As it is, I haven't played Wind Waker since like '03-'04 and it is the game I want to replay the most. I hope the HD version gets released on Switch.