Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Aside from having more armor and poo poo, is exdeath better than dark fina in any way? I'm totally not bitter I didn't roll her after spending so many tickets on that banner. :argh: Aside from being a cool tree knight at least.

he can equip swords and thus abuse "Letters and Arms" if youre willing to tm grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
DFina also doesn't have firaga or bilzzaga which can be annoying sometimes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tengames posted:

he can equip swords and thus abuse "Letters and Arms" if youre willing to tm grind.

I only have one of those right now and I'm not sure if that plus a sword would outweigh an omnirod and a 30% MAG or just forgo dual wield all together and slap on a sword and shove that into my fourth slot. Might as well grind it anyway since I still don't have any good physical units.

EDIT: Turns out there's a unit calculator, neat. A single Letters and Arms with enhancer doesn't trump a dual wield with two omnirods in any configuration. If I get more of them though, that's another story.

So I finally understand things a bit. When it comes to physical units, Blade Mastery is basically the only TM we have besides dual wield that really gives a good amount, right? Since we can't farm for Attack+30% like we can MAG. So any unit that can't equip katanas is just kind of hosed unless they naturally have a ton of good passives to compensate?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 8, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I only have one of those right now and I'm not sure if that plus a sword would outweigh an omnirod and a 30% MAG or just forgo dual wield all together and slap on a sword and shove that into my fourth slot. Might as well grind it anyway since I still don't have any good physical units.

omnirod/mag +30s win out usually but if you got multiple letters and arms it catches up in stats really fast.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

When I finish tm grinding my three Ingus' after the heat death of the universe, what's the best 4th slot ability? Is it still dual wield?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Skyridge posted:

When I finish tm grinding my three Ingus' after the heat death of the universe, what's the best 4th slot ability? Is it still dual wield?

Looks like it. Here's a calculator if you want to mess with it If you have any decent rods then dual wield is the way to go.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
wouldn't it be a genji glove to free up the ability slot

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Dang, I wasn't going to go for the axe, but people in this thread have convinced me I might still want it. I have 4 Mercedes though and I do TMR grind, but I have no idea when I'm going to have time to fit in Mercedes.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

if you're gonna smoosh them together then it wouldn't take too long with four going at once

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Nuebot posted:

:negative: even with three MAG+30%'s two hero rings and an omnirod my exdeath doesn't break 500 MAG.

Did you max out his mag pots? I don't have any TM gear on my 500 exdeath. Pots make a huge difference because they count as base stats and get multiplied by all those mag+%s you have.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Alpha Mayo posted:

Did you max out his mag pots? I don't have any TM gear on my 500 exdeath. Pots make a huge difference because they count as base stats and get multiplied by all those mag+%s you have.

I did, he's also maxed on MP. I have too many pots and not enough good units to use them on. Turns out A. One of the things I had on him wasn't a MAG+30% it was a MAG+10% and I am apparently blind, and B. I didn't have an esper on him. I fixed both these problems and now he's good above 500.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

:negative: even with three MAG+30%'s two hero rings and an omnirod my exdeath doesn't break 500 MAG.

If it makes you feel better, know that my 700+ Mag Exdeath doesn't kill the event boss Slime in a single DualCast and needs Lightning and CoD casting Thundaga to finish the job.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

PaybackJack posted:

If it makes you feel better, know that my 700+ Mag Exdeath doesn't kill the event boss Slime in a single DualCast and needs Lightning and CoD casting Thundaga to finish the job.

How? My 509 Mag Exdeath kills it in a single Meteor Dualcast.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The real trick is to just have Ling break the Slime's defenses and then easily murder him with a single Meteor.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm sure the two Cupid units suck, but hey, an early Marie. Woo, Green Mages!

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
We're never getting Orlandu, are we?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hamburgers in pockets posted:

No, that's their trick to balance the meta. Just never give us Orlandu.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mischalaniouse posted:

How? My 509 Mag Exdeath kills it in a single Meteor Dualcast.

Bugs. Sometimes my dualcast randomly decides not to register any damage. Only on the ipad for some reason.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Thread title material

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Marie's robe looks like a sweet TM, but I wouldn't whale for her. It's got 10 more MAG than Alma's robe. The cupids look stupid. Honestly this banner has skip written all over it if you f2p.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

Marie's robe looks like a sweet TM, but I wouldn't whale for her. It's got 10 more MAG than Alma's robe. The cupids look stupid. Honestly this banner has skip written all over it if you f2p.

She's a base 5* and it doesn't look like she's limited. Roll fix still isn't in, is it?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Auto refresh + goodies as a tmr on a 3 base is pretty sweet though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Auto refresh + goodies as a tmr on a 3 base is pretty sweet though

Yeah, and the defense +20% is sweet too. I mean it's not a horrible banner, but if you need to hoard Lapis, this is probably a good one to pass on. The cupids themselves just don't seem useful outside their TM's.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Yeah, I'm eyeing that ring from Luna as a pretty sweet thing for healers on some of the longer events that need sustain. I might roll until I get at least one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

motherfuckers at least give WoL and Garlands 6*s.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Luna gets a 5*, whoopie.

They should have a St. Patrick's Day event and a 6* Leprechaun Bedile.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Armitage posted:

Luna gets a 5*, whoopie.

His TM should randomly just replace whoever has it equipped with a bedile from your inventory whenever they get attacked. Like the pokemon move Substitute.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

oh well more tix for the du

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
All those TMs are pretty solid. I wonder if the auto refresh of those rings stack.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Armitage posted:

Luna gets a 5*, whoopie.

They already have a Leprechaun, but he's a friend point summon.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Karma bit me in the rear end this morning. I saw a post on Reddit yesterday bitching about how there's no confirmation on the "Claim All" button and my thought process was "Just don't press it dumbass"

This morning I went to hit "Refresh" and missed so I ended up with 308 energy. Right before a level up too. Damnit.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While I know it'd be more efficient to TMR grind at this point than continue to pile up candy, I can't help myself. Just something about doing something, no matter how repetitive, is more fun than waiting for macros. I already have Mercedes at 26% TM but I got the axe anyway. It's sorta fun trying to scrape by with as many bonus units as possible, it gives you a real appreciation for Esper abilities. Like I can one shot the Blob every time with D. Fina's Dystopia IF I hit it with deshell first. When I don't have an max friend units up I can only kill the Thunder Gigas in one turn if I toss up deshell, deprotect, and attack song, which works perfectly since I carry 3 otherwise useless Popois. If I screw up and attack before debuffing my crappy units die, then I have no one to debuff the blob, and then DF can't one shot it, and then everything spirals into the dumpster. It's interesting.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Figured, what the hey, and used some tickets on the New Years banner.

Got Yun. My first Base 5.

How do I make him a Choco God (TM less, if possible)?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The man called M posted:

Until you get dual wield and blade mastery, it probably won't happen. Otherwise just throw your best +ATK gear on him.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

The man called M posted:

2x Kaiser, Cowl, His own TM Chest, 2x ChampBelt, 1x DW, 3x 30% ATK

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

1/2 pull was Kuja, gently caress that. Last day for the Lunar banner, let's toss one last ticket:

Hell yes! :getin:

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Guess I'm never getting Yun then. Spent all my lapis, all my hoarded tickets and event tickets, over 80 pulls.

No chance of him returning?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vadun posted:

Guess I'm never getting Yun then. Spent all my lapis, all my hoarded tickets and event tickets, over 80 pulls.

No chance of him returning?

There hasn't been a holiday exclusive unit return yet, but that doesn't mean its impossible. The game hasn't been out a year, and we haven't had the opportunity for a second Halloween or Mogcake Festival yet..

:shrug:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's the "should you pull" post on Reddit for the upcoming Valentine's Day banner, it's an emphatic no.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5szp59/ldtbs_should_you_pull_valentines_2017_banner/

I agree, but the TM's are decent enough to make it worth doing the 1/2 pull at least. As for the units themselves, Cupid Luna is rear end and Cupid Artemios is sorta ok but not that great. Marie is the best green mage, but doesn't really do much that you can't come close to replicating with somebody else equipped with Carbuncle or materia.

Keep in mind these posts are usually geared towards F2P players that need to hoard Lapis only for critical units.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

banner is bad

spend your lapis on the daily bundle that includes a ticket and don't do the daily pull

• Locked thread