Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Baylor's S&C coach fired after being busted in a prostitution sting.

:munch:

DallasNews.com runs this story with a shot of the stadium and a bunch of pipes??

:stare: :stare:

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Lots of sex scandals at the Baptist college.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
At least they are paying for it now, big step up for them.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
We're not done yet, men

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/829004051668951040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Someone is going to write an article about how Saban not being able to keep ahold of an offensive coordinator means his dynasty is over and there are many troubles in Tuscaloosa, book it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have no idea what the falcons are doing but I am extremely excited for Mike Locksley to be Bama's OC

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

I have no idea what the falcons are doing but I am extremely excited for Mike Locksley to be Bama's OC

Chip Kelly to T-town would be hilarious and also disgusting because even if he hated recruiting, he could pull any player he wanted in an area much easier to naturally recruit than Oregon was while the Alabama juggernaut continued. That being said, Chip isn't going to come back to college.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Would Bama be interested in a slightly used Noel Mazzone?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Please hire mike shula

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Bring back Kiffin

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Finebaum thinks Kelly2Tusca, I think he's dumb as hell.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sonny Dykes is now an Offensive Analyst/Consultant at TCU.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Congrats to Clint Trickett on his new job

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Jabar Juluke (formerly LSU RB coach) is TTU's new RB coach. He held that position for 2 weeks last year before LSU hired him away.

DL coach Kevin Patrick - who is best known for getting in a twitter "beef" with former teammate Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - leaves TTU for NC State which is super awkward after 2 guys had transferred from UNT to TTU just to follow him.

It's not surprising to see any Tech defensive coaches head for greener pastures as they're in a do-or-die season after missing a bowl game last year.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA's D-Line coach Tracy Rocker has parted ways with the team, no real word on if he is going elsewhere (though there are rumblings South Carolina wants him) or just the last bit of attrition from the Richt era. Don't know who would replace him, but he did a pretty good job at UGA.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SeaborneClink posted:

Baylor's S&C coach fired after being busted in a prostitution sting.

:munch:

DallasNews.com runs this story with a shot of the stadium and a bunch of pipes??

:stare: :stare:

Hmmm a "laying pipe" joke, or a joke about how the pipes seem to be sitting in raw sewage....

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hmmm a "laying pipe" joke, or a joke about how the pipes seem to be sitting in raw sewage....

Zoom and enhance...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee officially announces Hoke as D Line coach and newly announced Walt Wells (????) as Oline coach.

Meanwhile we still don't have an offensive coordinator or AD

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee officially announces Hoke as D Line coach and newly announced Walt Wells (????) as Oline coach.

Meanwhile we still don't have an offensive coordinator or AD

Larry Scott was promoted to OC back in January.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Cthulu Carl posted:

I was definitely angling for the "laying pipe" joke.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

nate fisher posted:

as a reminder, Larry Scott oked a half back pass in the snow. on first down. during a comeback

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/washington-state-survives-snowstorm-in-sun-bowl-win-over-miami/

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

*fart noise*

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Is Iowa serious about Blazek like that Rivals article says?

The line was awful last year with really good talent actually, even though it's hard to judge with the massive scheme changes. And I assume the Ferentzes will just do everything anyway.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
"Ugh Kyle Flood is the worst coach ever"

"Hey how come this coach struggled with this crap program Flood left behind????"

Ferentz really likes him.. He'd have probably been Iowa's oline coach a long time ago if Brian didn't already have the job. I'm gonna go ahead and say that Kirk Ferentz probably knows what he is doing when it comes to the offensive line.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Congratulations on not paying attention to anything ever.

Flood had a ton of talent left over from Schiano and the OL was actually pretty good. In 2016, they returned four starters, including two **** recruits. They had average pass blocking and awesome run blocking in 2015. That turned into horrible pass blocking and average run blocking in 2016. Chris Muller went from playing at an honorable mention all conference level to getting benched because he couldn't pass block. The only positive was that the brand new sophomore LT (weirdly enough, a gigantic project that Flood loved) was very good. Everyone else returned and got way worse.

It's hard to isolate the effect of changing the scheme 180 degrees, but positionally Blazek was by far the worst coach on the staff in 2016. And I say that while thinking that the defensive coordinator, another one of Ash's Iowa flunkies, was a miracle worker given what he had to deal with in the back 7.

And Blazek is so good, why was he at a FCS school until last year, and mediocre there at that?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Because he's like 35? Most people don't start right away at a major conference job.

It's gonna be crazy when that next coach is also horrible because it turns out he too is coaching Rutgers

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 8, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rutgers in the Big 10 still seems insane to me.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The one P5 school that sticks out as being in the wrong conference to me is WVU.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA's D-Line coach Tracy Rocker has parted ways with the team, no real word on if he is going elsewhere (though there are rumblings South Carolina wants him) or just the last bit of attrition from the Richt era. Don't know who would replace him, but he did a pretty good job at UGA.

Saw that he got dropped after getting in a shouting match with a recruits mother. Sounds like a perfect fit for a Muschamp program!

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Pakled posted:

The one P5 school that sticks out as being in the wrong conference to me is WVU.

Louisville and (sort of) Notre Dame being in the Atlantic Coast Conference is also a bit weird. Of course the Big 12 has 10 teams and the Big Ten has 14, so nothing means anything anymore.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also there's the fact that we have a conference that stretches from Connecticut to Dallas which formed after the dissolution of an east coast conference that wanted San Diego State.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also there's the fact that we have a conference that stretches from Connecticut to Dallas which formed after the dissolution of an east coast conference that wanted San Diego State.

And Navy is in the western division.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Spintzel posted:

Saw that he got dropped after getting in a shouting match with a recruits mother. Sounds like a perfect fit for a Muschamp program!

Yeah the message board rumors are that after Solomon had that "gently caress Michigan" video posted, which he was with a bunch of UGA recruits, his Mom put the kabosh on UGA as a choice at all and Rocker went off. Before that Solomon was a silent commit and Kirby pit the blame of him ending up at Michigan on Rocker and felt like it was bad enough that Rocker had to go. Who knows how much is actually true though

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I hope it's all true.

gently caress Kirby Smart.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

The hilarious thing is they wanted to join the Big 12, then complained to the conference that they were travelling so much.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pakled posted:

Texas AM

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah the message board rumors are that after Solomon had that "gently caress Michigan" video posted, which he was with a bunch of UGA recruits, his Mom put the kabosh on UGA as a choice at all and Rocker went off. Before that Solomon was a silent commit and Kirby pit the blame of him ending up at Michigan on Rocker and felt like it was bad enough that Rocker had to go. Who knows how much is actually true though

I don't know how people can follow recruiting after you read a paragraph like this. It's homeroom gossip filtering up to adults on the internet lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Time posted:

I don't know how people can follow recruiting after you read a paragraph like this. It's homeroom gossip filtering up to adults on the internet lmao

Usually more truth to it than not.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

FizFashizzle posted:

Usually more truth to it than not.

I have no doubt about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DJExile posted:

The hilarious thing is they wanted to join the Big 12, then complained to the conference that they were travelling so much.

They were getting on the first helicopter out of the Big East regardless, but I imagine they assumed future expansion was going to bring the conference closer to them. Long term it probably still will, but they may have thought it would have happened by now.

• Locked thread