Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Mace gonna get himself killed trying to be a badass dude. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Did you just explode Mr. Shockley?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Aaahahahaha.

edit: Rip Mace I guess.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

drat it, Mace. Don't be a martyr.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
They got him in a pokeball?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That's one big rear end Poke Ball.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oooooo, NotAida is going to look for May.

or maybe not.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 8, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Aww drat.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's so goddamn creepy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

OK, that's not creepy at all

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Apoplexy posted:

Anyone else notice Skye finally got rid of that stupid dark eye shadow? Yay.

Sorry for the call back, but that's not her name! (anymore)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gotta say Shockley is a better name for a villain who blows himself up than Robert Hunter.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Agents of Shield managed to keep the 1st overall trend on twitter in the US from its east coast air time until at least now. They must be doing something right with the show.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I like that they remembered that Coulson is just the best at talking people down and convincing them to help. That was a fun episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder if OG Aida is going to meet May in The World and get freaked out that she has no idea what's going on and realize that its terrible that she is a prisoner here.

Is the Superior the guy from the Winter Soldier arc that had the Cosmic cube? I am trying to think of Russian guys and that seems like a good fit.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 8, 2017

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
gently caress! Civil War is over and NOW they bring in Nitro.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was mostly a boring episode, must be a big effects show coming up. Mallory Jansen is so drat graceful though, so i don't care.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

You may have noticed that the film Civil War had almost nothing to do with the comic.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And didn't they show her office being the Stamford room or something a couple of episodes ago? Those clever bastards.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hope she was GOP.

On the one hand she was from New York.
On the other hand, she came to power after a massive act of war and destruction caused the people to be afraid, by further promoting fear and discrimination. So probably yes.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 8, 2017

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Aleph Null posted:

Is she fully functional?

WHY IS YOUR VAGINA IN THE SINK?!? :gonk:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Did you just explode Mr. Shockley?

How did he keep his clothes the when he blew up that diner? :tinfoil:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I was honestly surprised AIDA didn't "discover" her human counterpart died prior to being transferred. "Oh. No. What a terrible tragedy for your only human love and my direct rival for your attention to have died just now. Completely naturally." :geno:

Also I would have thought that Radcliffe would have qualms about "the Framework" as, even working perfectly as intended, it merely duplicates the memories and personality of an individual and doesn't literally transfer that specific instance of the person, so the original still dies as the duplicate lives on. It's the whole transporter quandary all over.

Of course, this may be magically powered at this point so who knows, but May interacted with it in a way that indicated the machine was forcing sensory data into a preexisting mental state. She was able to wake out of it so her consciousness wasn't transferred/stored in an external device, at least the last time we were shown.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
The Russian will probably start to mix his vodka with some Mace juice.
And just to be clear... he is the Superior right? Last episode people here were talking about other possibilities, but I figured there was supposed to be no doubt that it was him.... then the intro of this episode made it sound as if he is actually yet another henchman.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How did he keep his clothes the when he blew up that diner? :tinfoil:

I'm pretty sure they were the diner owner's clothes, implication being that he only told owner to run so that he could catch him outside and take the clothes there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Piriwi posted:

The Russian will probably start to mix his vodka with some Mace juice.
And just to be clear... he is the Superior right? Last episode people here were talking about other possibilities, but I figured there was supposed to be no doubt that it was him.... then the intro of this episode made it sound as if he is actually yet another henchman.

I am actually really sure he wouldn't do that. That Russian dude is really into this concept of natural, pure human power, earned through hard and painful training. Taking steroids is the last think he would want to do.

As for weather he's the Superior: I guess we can't ever be sure, but all signs point to yes. He is a militant Russian millionaire, who payrolls everything and has the power to order people to kill the senator. And he certainly believes his ideology. If there was actually someone above him, that person would have to have some serious pull.

Also the show probably wouldn't let disregardable Henchman #4 read through the Darkhold.

Irn-Bru
May 24, 2001

Orange. Carbonated. Ambrosia.
He also holds Shockley by the throat until Shockley calls him his superior. But then again, maybe they're just really big on hierarchy?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Rocksicles posted:

That was mostly a boring episode, must be a big effects show coming up. Mallory Jansen is so drat graceful though, so i don't care.

Exploding one of the major villains and having Daisy explode a guy over and over was boring to you?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Putting money on Radcliffe being trapped in his own virtual world at the end of the season.

I also really like Aida. It's a shame she won't survive.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Andrew_1985 posted:

It's too bad she won't live.

But then again, who does?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Piriwi posted:

He is the guy in charge who underlings have been calling the Superior and has given no hint of reporting to someone else. He is the Superior, some folks just can't take a hint.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
So far, I think the superior is pretty lame. Ward was a much more interesting villain.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Irn-Bru posted:

He also holds Shockley by the throat until Shockley calls him his superior. But then again, maybe they're just really big on hierarchy?

Yea thank you for confirming I'm not the only one who heard that.

Then again some people are still confused so :psyduck:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Bruceski posted:

He is the guy in charge who underlings have been calling the Superior and has given no hint of reporting to someone else. He is the Superior, some folks just can't take a hint.

Yeah, and he's credited as The Superior.

That said, you're wrong, they've said that he's working for / with the Russian government in the previous episode -- presumably the Watchdogs exist to deplete other countries of Inhuman resources, while the Russians continue to stockpile Inhumans as part of the relocation camps they established last season.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

I am actually really sure he wouldn't do that. That Russian dude is really into this concept of natural, pure human power, earned through hard and painful training. Taking steroids is the last think he would want to do.

Perhaps... but the superior strikes me more as intense than fanatical. He probably wouldn't use the serum immediately, but he might believe he's earned the right to use it if needed. Eating a fish oil capsule isn't exactly on the same level of effort as kidnapping the superpowered director of SHIELD. He's not opposed to human developed technology in general, he even tolerates Aida. And this episode he was shown to be both practical enough to use an inhuman soldier at his disposal and willing to read a supernatural book.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I'm a little bummed we lost Nadeer already, she was a pretty good villain to hate on.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm a little bummed we lost Nadeer already, she was a pretty good villain to hate on.

I wonder if they're going to find some way to bring her back, even if it's just flashbacks, given her brother's still a massive unresolved plot thread.

It's not like she hasn't survived being at ground zero of an explosion before.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She probably is an Inhuman and already went through terrigenesis.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I really like this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have to say, if you want to kill off a villain you've been building abruptly, that was such a satisfying way to do it. The chain of events in that office just kept getting better. Also I'm calling it now: The Superior gets Mace's armor and syrum injector. He JUST got it only to be captured, and that would let the superior stand up to inhumans without actually being one.

There's no way he's not going to do something with it.

LividLiquid posted:

I really like this show.

I really hope it gets another season. So many people just won't give it a chance after season 1's slow start.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I wonder if they're going to find some way to bring her back, even if it's just flashbacks, given her brother's still a massive unresolved plot thread.

It's not like she hasn't survived being at ground zero of an explosion before.

Given she died by an inhuman, and that might come out eventually, it's likely they'll end up needing him to resolve the overall plot. So you're probably right.

Also don't forget, when he woke up, he saw a bomb go off and kill a woman who looked like she was in India. I'm fairly certain he's one of those multi-powered characters, that seemed like something that'll definitely come back. It also explains why he was cocooned for so long, if he's going to end up with like 20 powers.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 9, 2017

• Locked thread