Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

Sounds loving obnoxious. People need to learn some god damned moderation.

Don't mod sass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I think what sets off my alarms is that he constantly uses the very specific description "she looks like she's 13" not "she looks like a teenager" or "she looks much younger than she is". No, she looks like a 13 year old, specifically.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i hope he is nice and treats the woman well cause she got dealt a poo poo hand

oh wait lol this is the real world and he is probably terrible

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
young adult women who look way younger than they really are aren't uncommon, though i dunno about hormone delay problems

when i was in college around 23 i dated a 22 year old who looked about 14. she herself was annoyed by this because she was ambitious and career-oriented and wanted people to take her seriously, so she always dressed very professionally (think librarian-general) in class but when she dressed casually... we went on a picnic once and i got some nasty stares

i ran into her again a couple years ago and now she looks like a 14 year old in a business suit with mid-30's face wrinkles. weird

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
eh you're prolly reading too much into it. teenager is pretty broad, there's a fairly big difference between the appearance of the average 19 year old and the average 13 year old.

do you think there's any guys that have that and then try to gently caress actual teenagers? what a weird condition

e: what's weirder imo is that he is a middle school teacher like eh...

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

My boyfriend [21M] wants me [17F] to look "more Asian"

My BF and I have been dating for a year. He's my first real relationship and I really really love him. He is an awesome BF but we have our ups and downs.

A bit of background: I am half Chinese and half white. My BF is just white. I don't look very Asian...most people just think I'm Spanish or Italian or something. When I first told my BF that I was half Chinese he got very interested and started asking me more about my culture. He told me that he found me "more exotic" now that he knew I was part Asian. It kind of weirded me out at first because nobody had fixated so much on my race before but I shook it off as him not being very exposed to Asian culture.

Anyways, I have very curly hair and normally I keep it that way. Last week, I straightened my hair for an event my school hosted. I sent my BF some pictures of me at the event and he replied "You look so much more Asian with straight hair....I love it." And then on the phone he asked me if I could straighten my hair more often or maybe get it permed. I was like it takes me a lot of time to do that, but he replied that he wanted me to "look more Asian". I asked him why he wanted that and he replied with, "I don't know, just a preference I guess."

Is this a normal request? It feels rather strange to want your girlfriend to look more like a certain race. I'm happy with my curly hair and I don't want the hassle of straightening it or perming it. But my BF is insistent and says I'd look better.

TL;DR: I am half Chinese and have very curly hair. My BF prefers my straightened hair because it makes me "look more Asian". I feel a bit weirded out from this request..

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
doesn't a perm make your hair super curly?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

eh you're prolly reading too much into it. teenager is pretty broad, there's a fairly big difference between the appearance of the average 19 year old and the average 13 year old.

do you think there's any guys that have that and then try to gently caress actual teenagers? what a weird condition

Most pituitary disorders are more "you look freakish and awkward and weirdly young", not "you look like a normal teenager."

Also, yes, middle school teacher really should know better.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Well yeah, if he said she looked like a teenager that would be a little less weird. Constantly reiterating that she looks like a 13 year old is a little weird.

Unless you were responding to something else.

I do feel badly for her and I genuinely hope they're happy and that he's doesn't have a hosed up fetish. On the other hand, r/relationships.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Getting it mixed up with chemical relaxers maybe?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

gentle pete posted:

My boyfriend [21M] wants me [17F] to look "more Asian"
This is perfect after I swear I'm not a pedo cause this dude is totally a budding one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laffo at this idiot. If he wants a more chinese wife he should get ready for the part where she has all his financials and her family lives in his house because they have no sons.

Moridin920 posted:

doesn't a perm make your hair super curly?

Yes, and in the asian american community there is the concept for older women, typically chinese, to perm their hair all the time. Its called a success perm.

Edit: She should act more chinese and then when he doesnt do anything for Qixi dump his rear end.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 8, 2017

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

Are we all sure she isnt just a vampire?

She might be a 900 year old alien that looks 13 in Earth years.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Me [40 M] with my wife [38 F] of 14 years, she makes me the responsible one, then laughs at me

quote:

Basically I've realized that my wife has left it to me to be the responsible one over the years. I am the one who has to remind her to pay this bill or run that errand. I am the one who tells her exactly what has to happen to make something she needs done go well. She promptly forgets everything I say. She is otherwise a good wife and hard working at her job too, but this has been tough on me and my ability to enjoy life.

It got much worse in the past year when she made friends with a colleague. This colleague is older than us but lives like she is much younger. Parties that go all night, messing around, smoking, drinking and rumors of hard drugs. My wife has not really engaged too heavily in any of this, that's not the problem.

My problem is my wife negatively compares me to her friend's husband and other men who they know. So this guy will lose a job because he simply didn't show up so that instead he could go to a concert he wanted to go to. He lost another job for having a large amount of marijuana in his truck and was lucky not to have been arrested. He is obsessed with adventure sports like from the 90s if anyone remembers that. He is like that Dan Cortese guy from back then.

I resent her thinking that those guys are so admirable and "fun" and then laughing when I am running around trying to get things done or undo damage she did when she messes up. Most recently she tailgated another car and rear ended them when they stopped suddenly, though I had warned her for years not to do that. She would always laugh. Now she laughs and says something like that I'm nothing like her friend's husband, he would love her driving. I had to handle all the legal and insurance paper work when the other driver sued.

To my point, the friend's husband recently built a giant bike. It took months and everyone went on and on about how crazy and awesome it is. I mean a bike that was the height of 3 normal bikes, needed a ladder. He got on it raging drunk, road it down the middle of a busy street in town, fell off and severely broke his leg. Instead of going to the ER, his wife took him to their regular doctor the next day, who was able to quickly determine that he could die or lose his leg because of compartment syndrome and other complications. I don't know but it was serious.

He had a series of surgeries that will continue, needs rehabilitation and wrecked their finances. This is about the 10th time he has done something like this. And my wife thinks he is great, that his even dumber friends are great, and continues to negatively compare me to them when I try to be responsible. Some of them hit on her and she likes it though I have no belief she would ever cheat, its not about that, its about her thinking these guys are so perfect while at the same time needing me to make sure we don't end up like them.

The thing is, I am not just boring or responsible all the time. I take her on vacations, adventures, we go out all the time. We do a lot. But it always gets negatively compared to her friends and how they do things. My wife was afraid to go hiking when we met and that kind of thing led us to lead fairly mellow lives, but now she wants to know why I don't go sky diving, which she would watch. After all her friend's husband would do it. At the same time, she recently dumped a bunch of tax receipts and forms on my desk for me to do, it's my job after all. Her friend's house was robbed when they got drunk, went out and left the front door wide open for 12 hours. This is driving me crazy.

I have tried to get her to do more of the responsible work, but it has always fallen back to me when she gets "confused" by everything, her word, and then she says I should just do it because I'm the smart responsible one. To be fair, she does a lot of other things, just nothing that requires any planning or organization.

Am I wrong to just quit doing everything? I want to have fun for myself and enjoy life again. But I also worry what will happen if I leave it to my wife. I don't want our lives to fall apart all the time like her friends' lives do. Help?

tl;dr: I am the responsible spouse and the organizer. My wife is terrible at this and leaves it to me. But she compares me negatively to her friends who have wild adventurous but also irresponsible lives.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Barudak posted:

Laffo at this idiot. If he wants a more chinese wife he should get ready for the part where she has all his financials and her family lives in his house because they have no sons.

Yes, and in the asian american community there is the concept for older women, typically chinese, to perm their hair all the time. Its called a success perm.

I know a lot of older women will perm their hair because they're starting to lose it, and a perm makes it look more voluminous. Though we might be talking about two separate categories of older women.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

My (26f) bf (28m) donated about 5 boxes of my books without even asking me because he thought they were "childish" books.

Also this is from a couple pages ago but lol at the concept of the bf insinuating that what her work is "braindead" books and "whiny teenager" books. Dude seems like a bit of a douche jealous about her success.

Fullhouse posted:

2000 books is waaaaaayyyy too many loving books

she said they have about 2000 books in total, not that they were all YA books. also she's an author; it's not all that weird for an author to have a lot of books.

quote:

He'd already had the chance to unpack a lot of what we had, and between us we easily own 2,000 books, which may not be the biggest library, but it's a nice one.

I realized some of the books were missing and asked if he had just not unpacked them because he didn't know how I'd like to organize them.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 8, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What socks do you people wear that aren't white?

Feel bad for the woman-child. That's gotta suck

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I've only owned black socks gently caress you

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Literally any other color.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

White socks aren't quite the abomination people are making them out to be (though wearing them like that guy did is very "yikes"), but uh, you do know that dark socks are a thing right?

Specifically a thing that should be worn with more types of clothing than white socks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Palisader posted:

I know a lot of older women will perm their hair because they're starting to lose it, and a perm makes it look more voluminous. Though we might be talking about two separate categories of older women.

It may overlap for hair thinning reasons but the other point is sort of an inverse of straightening curly hair; its a status symbol to show you have enough time and money to tegularly mess with your hair that much.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

LGD posted:

White socks aren't quite the abomination people are making them out to be (though wearing them like that guy did is very "yikes"), but uh, you do know that dark socks are a thing right?

Specifically a thing that should be worn with more types of clothing than white socks.

I only wear black socks when I need to dress up

I got through college wearing mostly white socks and so did most other people

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I only wear black socks when I need to dress up

I got through college wearing mostly white socks and so did most other people

Some people stop wearing sneakers for some reason, some people don't.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Palisader posted:

I cannot believe I finally reached the end of the thread. Have a story.

I feel bad for the girl, but check out that user name.

Edit: Oh god, he's made 2 posts

Hahahhah I just saw this in legal advice, glad you posted it. There is no way this guy isn't a pedo, sorry. Like seriously, you're a middle school teacher who JUST HAPPENS to have a girlfriend who looks like....a middle schooler? :reddit:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I have plenty of black socks, socks with interesting designs, gimmicky weird socks with cows on them, all kinds of socks. While white socks are fine when worn properly, there's so much more out there!

I feel bad for the 24 year old woman who looks like a teenager. She almost certainly has major issues attaining and holding a normal job, has faced absurd discrimination in her life, and likely has problems with maintaining a reasonable day-to-day life period. :smith:

I'll give her boyfriend benefit of the doubt though. While he probably has a fetish and is a weirdo (who should absolutely not lawyer up on his neighbor), he comes across as a decent guy and not a creepy pedophile or whatever. All people, even women with unfortunate hormonal ailments affecting their appearance, deserve to have a person who cares about them, so it seems cruel and harsh to deny her a right to their relationship just because dude is pretty weird. As long as he treats her right. :shrug:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 8, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

For some reason it white socks just don't look good. It's like having your undershirt hanging out from your button up

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
White socks are a deal breaker

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

gently caress that one guy for throwing away his author girlfriend's YA books. Even if they weren't signed gift copies or advance copies, she still needs to keep up with and reference what her colleagues in the industry are up to. Calling the genres she writes in "childish" and for "whiny teenagers" is a good way to get murdered or ruin her confidence and thus performance/output.

It's also "mysterious" that the only books that went missing out of the joint library of ~2000 titles were the ones directly related to the gf's livelihood. She writes YA fiction, she's going to read YA fiction by necessity, dude. She should just clear the shelves of any of your rare, valuable, signed or career critical books while you're out of the house and then change the locks.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Gray socks are good too.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Let's argue about socks for 5 pages

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the color of sock you wear should be dictated by the clothes you are wearing but ultimately it is easier to match darks with colors so it is easier to have more dark socks

otherwise idk what all this malarky about 'white socks are for kids' is about

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Shut up about socks, talk about the pedo teacher.

Or the hilarious girlfriend rear end story, that and the fingerbutt story cracked me the gently caress up

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

While he probably has a fetish and is a weirdo (who should absolutely not lawyer up on his neighbor), he comes across as a decent guy and not a creepy pedophile
So he's got a fetish for 13 year olds, but he's not creepy.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Fullhouse posted:

2000 books is waaaaaayyyy too many loving books

Hmmm, no.

Also you guys know that like they make black athletic socks, right? They're just like every other white pair of socks you own but you don't look like a doofus wearing them.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Leon Einstein posted:

So he's got a fetish for 13 year olds, but he's not creepy.

while i would in no way be surprised if he was creepy, yall are intimating a whole lot on him using and apparent age and not the word teenager.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tbh I think if you really are judging people based on the color of their socks it might be you that is the doofus tho

who fuckin' cares

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I wear pink socks, purple socks, blue socks, navy socks, black socks, white socks, red socks, yellow socks, argyle, plaid, striped, motherfucking polka dot. Step up your sock game, goons.

E: fine, to be about more than socks:

At least if middle school teacher dude is a pedophile or something, he's found somebody he can gently caress without hurting anyone. :shrug: Maybe she's just a really cool person and they randomly met and they hit it off and it's just the worst luck in the world that he teaches 13 YO kids as a career. Or maybe she's the one with a weird teacher/daddy kink?

Probably just wants to gently caress kids tho.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 8, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The solution for that guy is to invite the neighborhood to her 25th birthday party.

He sounds a bit sketchy but it's hard to prove. Dating a woman like this and being a middle school teacher is loving suspicious though.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
You don't need socks with sandals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

TheAsterite posted:

You don't need socks with sandals.

I wear tan socks with my crocs