Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Adding Kim's server and the CTS server to the OP. Do you want the EU server in the op as well? Any other goon servers to add?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

So I set up a server
[CTS] Dedicated PvP (Midwest US)
-Dedicated Xenon E5-2609 8x2.399ghx 32Gb soon to be 64Gb. Only thing on the rig

Its been up for a day, took it down twice to change config and enable battle eye, no issues so far, could use some stress testing. If anyone wants to give it a go. Also would appreciate an add to the OP.

Got an IP I can throw in the OP as well?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tempus Thales posted:

Which main guild are you talking about? The FuckGoons? BMW? Goon Squad? GoonSwarm? I have no idea which main guild you are talking about... There are so many guilds runnning on that server right now...

The server I prodded up has been working so far, but the server software is buggy as gently caress (and expected since this is EA), but the game is fun and If I can kill pubbies then more powert to me...

I am having fun.

There was a big goon guild (Other than BMW) that goons were encouraged to join when getting on the server. This largely splintered as they pissed off BMW and the building projects were too drat big and indefensible and they got the poo poo kicked out of them. A few of us who have played survival games in the past have wandered off to do our own thing in new clans and are building in smarter, harder to raid and more remote locations. I can't speak for Tits who started our little splinter, but I'm pretty sure anyone wanting a clan to join on the somethingdongful server that isn't a member of BMW can hit us up. I'm Rhymenoserette in game.

Also I hope you are really good at jumping.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
EU server would probably be good for those of us of that persuasion! Maybe with like a [Chill Server] or something tag next to it.

PROTIP: If you die in a shallow river so your corpse is just underneath the surface of the water you won't be able to loot it. Great thing to discover at 7 am :c

Sapphira fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 8, 2017

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm starting to feel bad for the village near my base. Every couple of days, some insane rear end in a top hat with a club shows up, beats their guard into unconsciousness and then drags him off to God knows where, never to be seen.

The ones that I break and put to work I don't feel bad about. But both Yog and I hunger for flesh and if my wheels of pain are full....

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

There was a big goon guild (Other than BMW) that goons were encouraged to join when getting on the server. This largely splintered as they pissed off BMW and the building projects were too drat big and indefensible and they got the poo poo kicked out of them. A few of us who have played survival games in the past have wandered off to do our own thing in new clans and are building in smarter, harder to raid and more remote locations. I can't speak for Tits who started our little splinter, but I'm pretty sure anyone wanting a clan to join on the somethingdongful server that isn't a member of BMW can hit us up. I'm Rhymenoserette in game.

Also I hope you are really good at jumping.

Honestly the more clans the better.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Watch the pubbie harvest server be just 100% goons fighting each other. It's going to be great.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Hammerstein posted:

Next Set temple must be way bigger. But it's a beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNIQFfEWfk

I can't help but notice you are using a clothing object to cover your dick

:confused:

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

TIP: holding shift while scrolling raises and lowers objects you're placing, such as foundations. Can also help when placing objects on not-perfectly-flat terrain.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

As far as I know only a few goons decided to stop playing on Kimsemus's server and those were all new dudes. Everyone else is still playing there and as far as I know intend to stay. We just aren't all joining up into one mega guild. Some babies got real upset about some structure being destroyed like they forgot this was a pvp game.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Sapphira posted:

EU server would probably be good for those of us of that persuasion! Maybe with like a [Chill Server] or something tag next to it.

PROTIP: If you die in a shallow river so your corpse is just underneath the surface of the water you won't be able to loot it. Great thing to discover at 7 am :c

There already I'd one. Hammerstein is hosting the EU server. We certainly don't need even more goon servers to splinter the population...we already have like what, 5?

Anyway plenty of EU players play on Kimsemus's US server without too much trouble.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Adding Kim's server and the CTS server to the OP. Do you want the EU server in the op as well? Any other goon servers to add?

Please do so.

[EU] The Riddle of Steel - PvP

88.99.0.69:27105

Hosted by Nitrous Networks - supposedly i7-4790, Unlimited Memory, 2 x 512GB SSD's in RAID 1, 2 x 1Gbps NIC's

As you can see from my past whiny posts, we had issues with the old host But since the switch to Nitrous everything is wonderful. It's 70 slots so :getin:

Fewd posted:

I can't help but notice you are using a clothing object to cover your dick

:confused:

You are correct and I fear Set's punishment for that transgression will be swift.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 8, 2017

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

GoGoGadget posted:

There already I'd one. Hammerstein is hosting the EU server. We certainly don't need even more goon servers to splinter the population...we already have like what, 5?

Anyway plenty of EU players play on Kimsemus's US server without too much trouble.

I meant putting Hammersteins EU server in the OP :)

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Welp, managed to play all 3 minutes before first crash and now it's bitching about authentication failure. Off to a flying start! :funcom:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Look what some Reddit sperg built.

Now I realize why our base is called Hobo Town....

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

Our base is legit awful, it's true. I haven't spent my points on triangles or rounded corners :(

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Well we started without laying a proper foundation. Guess the most important thing when building in this game is to have lots of foundation blocks and then build from bottom to top. Also place the first foundation on the highest point in the area, this will prevent grass clipping through everything.

Anyway, I work the graveyard shift tonight, so I will have plenty of time for stone mining and maybe construct a small resource-gathering outpost in the desert to the east.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I went into someone's fresh server that was PVE ONLY GUYS but still had PvP enabled. I bee lined it to where the iron is and grinded until I could make a sword. I descended like the avatar of an angry and forgotten God while the three or four of them we were making some peaceful village by the river. Lmao I never had so much fun in my life.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
You MONSTER!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Glenn Quebec posted:

I went into someone's fresh server that was PVE ONLY GUYS but still had PvP enabled. I bee lined it to where the iron is and grinded until I could make a sword. I descended like the avatar of an angry and forgotten God while the three or four of them we were making some peaceful village by the river. Lmao I never had so much fun in my life.

You make your ancestors proud. :v:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

Well we started without laying a proper foundation. Guess the most important thing when building in this game is to have lots of foundation blocks and then build from bottom to top. Also place the first foundation on the highest point in the area, this will prevent grass clipping through everything.

Anyway, I work the graveyard shift tonight, so I will have plenty of time for stone mining and maybe construct a small resource-gathering outpost in the desert to the east.

Right, lets start over. I'll make the explosive pots.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
As compared to say, Rust, Conan is a game at least in the current meta that rewards building wide as opposed to tall. The wider and more stable a base is the harder to raid it will be. Honeycombing invariably will become a thing.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 8, 2017

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I can't seem to find this in my config settings for my server. What's the setting for dropping loot on death?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/440900/manuals/ConanExiles_TechManual.pdf?t=1486201681

"Everybody can loot corpse" - it's under Survival in Server Settings.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

Our base is legit awful, it's true. I haven't spent my points on triangles or rounded corners :(

They really need to just give you all the building parts in one recipe per tier. It's kind of dumb that you have to spend so many points and wait so long to make a base that doesn't look like poo poo

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadget posted:

They really need to just give you all the building parts in one recipe per tier. It's kind of dumb that you have to spend so many points and wait so long to make a base that doesn't look like poo poo

Same with armour, having to spend points to buy them piece meal is really annoying.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Those flags you can craft - they are really nice. Flutter in the wind and pretty cloth physics.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Rhymenoserous posted:

There was a big goon guild (Other than BMW) that goons were encouraged to join when getting on the server. This largely splintered as they pissed off BMW and the building projects were too drat big and indefensible and they got the poo poo kicked out of them. A few of us who have played survival games in the past have wandered off to do our own thing in new clans and are building in smarter, harder to raid and more remote locations. I can't speak for Tits who started our little splinter, but I'm pretty sure anyone wanting a clan to join on the somethingdongful server that isn't a member of BMW can hit us up. I'm Rhymenoserette in the game.

Also, I hope you are really good at jumping.

I think the more clans the better. GoonNation is all about diversity, diverse numbers of goons and assholes never mix in one big guild, but when grouped in small guerrilla guilds they are more effective.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

GoGoGadget posted:

As far as I know only a few goons decided to stop playing on Kimsemus's server and those were all new dudes. Everyone else is still playing there and as far as I know intend to stay. We just aren't all joining up into one mega guild. Some babies got real upset about some structure being destroyed like they forgot this was a pvp game.

Technically it's my server, where Kimsemus and the goons play on... :) but yeah lets keep calling it Kim's server so when poo poo hits the fan someone else gets blamed and not me.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Glenn Quebec posted:

You are doing God's work, keep up the good job.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tempus Thales posted:

so when poo poo hits the fan someone else gets blamed and not me.

:smug: Welcome to Tays Plan 101

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tempus Thales posted:

I think the more clans the better. GoonNation is all about diversity, diverse numbers of goons and assholes never mix in one big guild, but when grouped in small guerrilla guilds they are more effective.

It actually works quite well provided you have solid leadership. To this day I have no clue who was in charge of tummy lickers and if they had a plan behind "Build thing, great things follow"

Edit: They probably trusted in the whole Pax Goon thing more than they should have. In my experience my worst days in survival games have been when some rando goon joined up and stupided half our poo poo away doing dumb stuff.

In Ark it would have been some goon going "Oh hey look a T-rex" which he proceeds to take out for a spin and drowns. No it's cool it only took 3-4 people a combined effort of 4 hours to tame that thing.

In H1Z1 it was digi of goonfleet fame eagerly blowing away our entire ammo stash that we had spent days farming killing random zombies on our doorstep instead of just stabbing them with an axe/bowing them to death like the rest of us (Bullets were explicitly for killing people, the only threat in the game).

I have no equivalent story in RUST because I never played it.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 8, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Crom laughs at your leadership and pussy like elegant buildings. Every aspect of a town should be a horrific mismanaged hellscape and longdicked goons should be charging at pubbies with psychotic rage and bloodlust. Every piece of armor should be equipped except the pants and there is no hope only destruction.

Anything else and you're playing this game at a deficit and retardly because this is Conan, the world designed by an overt racist in the '30s and if you don't have nothing but black darfari slaves thralls guarding your shithut, once again, you're doing this wrong.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Rhymenoserous posted:

provided you have solid leadership.

:effort:

But I think Kim's and Tay's (as well as their whole hive thing) works really well.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 8, 2017

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Hammerstein posted:

Ya'll, we aren't being autistic enough. I'm feeling ashamed on our collective behalfs.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Bonapartisan posted:

Ya'll, we aren't being autistic enough. I'm feeling ashamed on our collective behalfs.

We should go raid that poo poo. Is it on our server? Probably not.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
EU server added

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
BMW Conan is all Kim, I ain't done poo poo this past week but play Skyrim.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im splitting my time between conan, ESO, and my Vive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

New patch is out which supposedly fixes the crafting dupes. Updating and rebooting Riddle of Steel now.

• Locked thread