Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

talkin bout OPENIN BAAAGS

I hate the new closing plug bag song because of that one part where Ben is REALLY off key it sounds so bad and now I have to hear that poo poo all year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Scott Aukerman's new thing is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9kDgMNNNQg

Watch it and see how many of his friends you can name!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
This was the first time I've heard the new plug bag song because I haven't been able to finish an episode since the new year. Chief ruled.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

piratepilates posted:

Scott Aukerman's new thing is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9kDgMNNNQg

Watch it and see how many of his friends you can name!

This special actually rules a bunch. Bolton is a little stiff, but it becomes endearing pretty quick. It feels almost exactly like an extended Comedy Bang Bang episode. Great comedy lyrics. Lots of great cameos. There's a transcendent "Old Time Rock n Roll" number where Bolton just walks around half-assed-ly pointing at stuff.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

ManoliIsFat posted:

There's a transcendent "Old Time Rock n Roll" number where Bolton just walks around half-assed-ly pointing at stuff.

This was easily my favorite segment. Pretty much everything on the special would have fit into an episode of the CBB TV show, but I thought that one was the most reminiscent of it. I'd kill to have Netflix fund a 10 episode season of CBB every year.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Seaniqua posted:

This was easily my favorite segment. Pretty much everything on the special would have fit into an episode of the CBB TV show, but I thought that one was the most reminiscent of it. I'd kill to have Netflix fund a 10 episode season of CBB every year.

Ya, and doubling down with the Michael Sheen choreography after. "Pick up the milkshake, walk, put down the milkshake. DO NOT DRINK IT" I really hope this does well and CBB productions is able to make more and more stuff.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I don't know about you but I'm doing the Kupid Shufle Part 2.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'm not sure why but my favourite was the scene with Aukerman in it. Apparently they just improvised an hour of conversion between those two.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

We got apple BLEEP

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
My favourite part is when SPOILERS Santa Claus takes a bullet for Michael Bolton and in his dying breath reveals that he is Bolton's father and then the shooter becomes the new Santa Claus because of the Santa Clause (starring Tim Allen). Total idiotic bullshit done so, so right.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Gargamel Gibson posted:

My favourite part is when SPOILERS Santa Claus takes a bullet for Michael Bolton and in his dying breath reveals that he is Bolton's father and then the shooter becomes the new Santa Claus because of the Santa Clause (starring Tim Allen). Total idiotic bullshit done so, so right.

Scott's "You're free to go!" killed me

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can confirm: the special was fun and worth your time, especially if you like the CBB show. Nothing incredible, but a bit better than the Bill Murray Christmas special and not quite as good as the Colbert one.

e: Also, there's an after credits sequence in case you missed it.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 8, 2017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There's also an inexplicably deleted scene with Claudia O'Doherty that's worth hunting down

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh geez. I know talking about how much Howl sucks is so passe, but man. I just tried to find an episode on my desktop to play and it was so, so much less convenient than just going to the Earwolf site ever was, and I'm a subscriber. How is there no search function, or guest list, or... Shouldn't the experience improve as a paying customer?

What happens on desktop after they toss Howl into the trash heap? Is the Stitcher desktop experience not awful? Or are they just punishing people who use their computers to listen to podcasts?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

xbilkis posted:

There's also an inexplicably deleted scene with Claudia O'Doherty that's worth hunting down

Seconded. Excellent scene. Why would they need to cut things on Netflix.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

I hear you if the scene was really great, so I'm not disagreeing in this instance, but that's philosophy can lead to shows being bloated messes. As much as I love #content, I appreciate when showrunners not facing traditional tv time constraints still respect the viewers' time.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

Your honor, I present the following evidence to the court: Season 4 of Arrested Development and Season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I mean shows aren't an hour / half an hour and movies about two hours for strictly commercial reasons... those are good amounts of time to look at something. And if anything, when unshackled from the rules of normal tv, things tend to get shorter not longer.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Not a lot of YouTube stars with 75 minute vlogs ya feel me

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Your honor, I present the following evidence to the court: Season 4 of Arrested Development and Season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt.

Season 4 I agree with you. What was wrong about S2 Kimmy?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Exhibit C: Judd Apatow's filmography

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Can someone direct me to where I can watch Claudia's deleted scene?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Analytic Engine posted:

Exhibit C: The third act of every Apatow movie

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

Season 4 I agree with you. What was wrong about S2 Kimmy?

I didn't dislike season 2. But season 1 was originally going to be aired on NBC so every episode was a tight 22 minutes packed with non-stop jokes a la 30 Rock. With season 2, most episodes were close to 30 minutes and it dragged for me.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Man.

Phish still really sucks.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Considering the amount of posts here I assume we all agree on Monday's episode.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Erin Whitehead/Mary Holland a lot but I saw musical ep and just skipped it

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Here is an amazing Aukerman interview:
http://gothamist.com/2017/02/13/interview_michael_bolton_scott_auke.php

Truly bizarre reading CBB-style bits in print, also Akiva Schaffer is apparently a Scott Aukerman clone, without the names I don't think you'd be able to tell who was making each joke.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

I like Erin Whitehead/Mary Holland a lot but I saw musical ep and just skipped it

Give it a listen, the band is affable enough during their short interview and don't overextend themselves during the improv; They only play two songs (one at the very end of the show) and they're pretty good. Holland and Whitehead both have fun characters and, unsurprisingly, play off of each other well. It was a Good Episode.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

Give it a listen, the band is affable enough during their short interview and don't overextend themselves during the improv; They only play two songs (one at the very end of the show) and they're pretty good. Holland and Whitehead both have fun characters and, unsurprisingly, play off of each other well. It was a Good Episode.

I second all of this. The band interview is not great, but it's very short and I liked their songs. The characters are fun. It's never gonna be anyone's candidate for best of the year, but like Omar or Mike taking out the trash, it's a good ep.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

piratepilates posted:

Here is an amazing Aukerman interview:
http://gothamist.com/2017/02/13/interview_michael_bolton_scott_auke.php

Truly bizarre reading CBB-style bits in print, also Akiva Schaffer is apparently a Scott Aukerman clone, without the names I don't think you'd be able to tell who was making each joke.

Thanks to this article I now have the song Pregnant Pussy in my life. Incredible.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Whichever Wild Horse was playing the 17 year old kid was almost indistinguishable from Lapkus's Todd character.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Tacier posted:

Whichever Wild Horse was playing the 17 year old kid was almost indistinguishable from Lapkus's Todd character.

The voice of the Youtube Star is so grating that I might just skip the back half of the episode.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Quick, list characters who were immediately funny from their voice:
- Big Chunky Bubbles
- Ho Ho
- Leykis
- Chief (Junior?)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

VagueRant posted:

- Big Chunky Bubbles
- Ho Ho
- Leykis
- Chief (Junior?)

I'd throw Victor, Tiny, and Willy in there as well. Scott's palpable contempt for Willy just makes it better.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Come on now. Jarles is clearly up there.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Chief was hilarious.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

VagueRant posted:

- Big Chunky Bubbles
- Ho Ho
- Leykis
- Chief (Junior?)

Ho Ho has never been funny.

Agree with the others though, I've been waiting like three years to hear more Leykis. Has Adomian ever mentioned why he doesn't do certain characters as often? I understand not wanting to do those of the deceased, but Leykis and Poehler was such a good episode!

edit:

For just pure funny voice comedy I'd also add Huel Howser (sp?)

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 17, 2017

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
What of the very Timekeeper?!

Also, Erin Whitehead was on Two Charted and she was great. Every time I hear one of the Wild Horses solo, they always surprise me how talented they are separate from each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I like Electric Guest and thought they were fun in their interview. Also, the lead singer is the brother of Jorma from Lonely Island, which is neat.