Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jay Rust posted:

That's boss

I don't recognise that gaming console though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOzu9OkQM2w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Do we still have an iOS games thread? I can't find it for the life of me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This video brings me joy, perhaps it will bring you joy as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dw3owTUL2E

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Let's play this gross hosed-up game, as a joke haha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Let's play this gross hosed-up game, as a joke haha

No, see, that's a thing you can actually do

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rich evans... that's NOCLICK 1

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's a fine line, tho, mostly in terms of how you present it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9qgEQdhQ0

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So I redownload the re7 demo because it was supposed to be updated, but when I start it, it still just says "beginning hour", and it seems exactly the same. Is the updated content tacked into the end and I have to play through the beginning hour demo to get to it?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
pigs led to the slaughter

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Snak posted:

So I redownload the re7 demo because it was supposed to be updated, but when I start it, it still just says "beginning hour", and it seems exactly the same. Is the updated content tacked into the end and I have to play through the beginning hour demo to get to it?

It's the same demo, now it goes on longer. They actually even cut some of the endings, I don't think it's possible to get the phone calls any more.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zacC6uuOme8&t=1097s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BLEED 2 IS OUT

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396350/

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
i got sick of soul hackers repetitive random encounters and boring dungeons filled with random encounters so im putting it down for right now. might pick it up again later. i feel bad for not finishing it since im trying to finish more games now but im not enjoying it so much at the moment. i really really like smt iv + smt iv apocalypse though.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
So hey, for the arachnophobe interested in Nioh, got some helpful info for you. The spider enemies are introduced in a level called "Spider Nest Castle" in which you fight almost exclusively giant spiders (in multiple sizes, from giant to way giant) while navigating a castle that is covered in spider webs and full of spider eggs (out of which pop more spiders). At the end you fight the boss, an even bigger and grosser spider. So good luck and godspeed.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SMT4A is seriously the poo poo. it's such an improvement on SMT4 and I liked that game!!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm playing Dragon Quest 5 and it's wife time. Who do I pick? My heart says Bianca but I respect Debora's give-no-fucks attitude.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

raditts posted:

I'm playing Dragon Quest 5 and it's wife time. Who do I pick? My heart says Bianca but I respect Debora's give-no-fucks attitude.

anybody but the blue haired one, she's boring.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

raditts posted:

Pick a guy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

bianca was so good in dqh that i had to pick her in dqv which i played shortly after

she can solo basically every level of dqh no problem

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

raditts posted:

Debora is cool but Bianca is also cool and the game really makes you feel bad for breaking her heart

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

bianca was so good in dqh that i had to pick her in dqv which i played shortly after

she can solo basically every level of dqh no problem
This is totally the wrong order yet it makes great sense

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CrashCat posted:

This is totally the wrong order yet it makes great sense

ideally you will play up to the wedding of dqv, then complete dqh, then finish dqv but i am but a man and could not know

bianca is transported to the dqh world on the eve of the wedding and is sent back to that moment after the conclusion of the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Agnostalgia posted:

So hey, for the arachnophobe interested in Nioh, got some helpful info for you. The spider enemies are introduced in a level called "Spider Nest Castle" in which you fight almost exclusively giant spiders (in multiple sizes, from giant to way giant) while navigating a castle that is covered in spider webs and full of spider eggs (out of which pop more spiders). At the end you fight the boss, an even bigger and grosser spider. So good luck and godspeed.

I asked in the Nioh thread if said spiders stick around for other levels after their appearance or if Spider Nest Castle is the only place they show up, and nobody has answered me. I'm afraid to play it even more now for fear of what I might unleash on the Nioh game world. :smith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I had to use a speedrunning trick to get past a game-breaking glitch in legend of kay. well made game

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It says right there in the title, it's just a kay game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

I had to use a speedrunning trick to get past a game-breaking glitch in legend of kay. well made game

Man why can't we go back to the good old days of games being finished before release and no bugs

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I've received my Birthday present from my folks this week - Yakuza 0 and DQ 8 for 3DS.

Yakuza is pretty great and I've been loving it but still feel like I've not really got the combat flow down.

I did splurge and end up buying Nioh this week. Wasn't going too as Team Ninja hasn't been on my radar for years and I assumed it would be a 7/10 souls clone. The reviews and others gushing pushed me into going what the heck and getting it and I'm glad I did. Early on in it but it feels like Ninja Gaiden with souls elements more than I thought it would.

My one bugbear so far is the loot. I would like more big upgrades than small niggly items which I will mull over.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

raditts posted:

For what it's worth I picked Bianca when I played and while that was fine the more I heard about the type of banter you'd get with Debora tagging along the more I wish I had picked her instead. Plus she's IIRC a more pure-physical fighter which would've been nice for my party at the time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Well, h-here I go

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ganbare

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm fine with spiders but I'm stuck on Social Interaction Castle because the boss requires too much eye contact

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wicked storm outside today. Staying warm inside and playing SMTIVA

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm fine with spiders but I'm stuck on Social Interaction Castle because the boss requires too much eye contact

If there's any beholders, though, you'll do great!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kinki region :mrgw:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I loving did it. gently caress spiders, gently caress spiders forever.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Why is there always a spider level :negative:

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

CJacobs posted:

I loving did it. gently caress spiders, gently caress spiders forever.

Wow you've gone from hating spiders to really loving them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blackfyre posted:

Wow you've gone from hating spiders to really loving them.

The lady half of that lady spider got me goin va va vooooom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Harrow posted:

Why is there always a spider level :negative:

I remember as a kid playing through the N64 version of Resident Evil 2 and getting to the sewer level and just seeing the biggest tarantula ever chilling on the wall and going "Aaaahhhh gently caress. gently caress!"

• Locked thread