Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Andrew_1985 posted:

Putting money on Radcliffe being trapped in his own virtual world at the end of the season.

I also really like Aida. It's a shame she won't survive.

Yeah I wonder if they'll go with a pseudo good ending since he's not truly evil, something like (Black Mirror spoiler) He ends up trapped in the Matrix Framework with real Aida, the only two, and he's happy. Like San Junipero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also don't forget, when he woke up, he saw a bomb go off and kill a woman who looked like she was in India. I'm fairly certain he's one of those multi-powered characters, that seemed like something that'll definitely come back. It also explains why he was cocooned for so long, if he's going to end up with like 20 powers.

That was their mother -- they were celebrating her birthday when the Chitauri invaded New York. I think they say as much later in that episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm a little bummed we lost Nadeer already, she was a pretty good villain to hate on.

Maybe her brother will come back and be an even bigger dick

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stunt Rock posted:

Exploding one of the major villains and having Daisy explode a guy over and over was boring to you?

i said mostly, not entirely.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm a little bummed we lost Nadeer already, she was a pretty good villain to hate on.

She did her part and they already had a government vs shield plot in a previous season, which is where her actions were heading. I'm glad they decided to tie off that thread.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Well. Well that was an episode. :stare:

I love this show so much. And it just. Keeps. Getting. Better.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I looked it up, the guy from Winter Soldier was Alexander Luken, so yea, not the Superior.

I get sad when I hear someone is die hard for the arrowverse shows but has no interest in AoS because they think it's a bad show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's really tough to sell to people that they have to sit through like fifteen lovely episodes before Bill Paxton shows up and the show instantly gets good and then only keeps getting better after.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think this season of Arrow is about on par with this show in storytelling, but this show has much better actors and much better production values. The other CW shows are mostly a joke at this point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Only Supergirl really matches AoS in quality for me.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

THEY ARE ALL GOOD!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BSam posted:

THEY ARE ALL GOOD!

And we shall not speak of Gotham.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rhyno posted:

And we shall not speak of Gotham.

Oh yeah, not even I watch Gotham.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I wish they'd port Bruce from Gotham over to Arrow and have Oliver take him under his wing.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

X-O posted:

I think this season of Arrow is about on par with this show in storytelling, but this show has much better actors and much better production values. The other CW shows are mostly a joke at this point.

Have you been watching season 2 of The Idiots of Tomorrow?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Have you been watching season 2 of The Idiots of Tomorrow?

I watched the first episode after they hooked me with Patrick J. Adams as Rex Tyler in the season one finale. Then they killed him immediately so no need to watch further. That and Flash have such incomprehensible stories due to time travel bullshit that it's impossible to watch them and not think about how stupid they are.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BSam posted:

THEY ARE ALL GOOD!

um no, I think if you read these forums you will see, that they are bad

seriously though I've enjoyed pretty much everything this season

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

X-O posted:

I watched the first episode after they hooked me with Patrick J. Adams as Rex Tyler in the season one finale. Then they killed him immediately so no need to watch further. That and Flash have such incomprehensible stories due to time travel bullshit that it's impossible to watch them and not think about how stupid they are.

It's almost a totally different show now. So much so that one of the villains literally said on screen that one of their biggest advantages was that the heroes were idiots. The writers have realized exactly what the show is, embraced the stupid and launched the show into "amazing" territory.

Edit: this was the VO intro for the previous episode

quote:

Seriously, you idiots haven't figured this out by now? It all started when we blew up the time pigs, the Time Masters. Now history's all screwed up, but it's up to us to un-screw it up. But after time we screw things up even worse. So don't call us heroes, we're something else. We're legends. Who writes this crap anyway?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 9, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah sorry, I don't really care. When Flash introduced time travel I said in the thread right there it was a slippery slope and these writers weren't good enough to handle it and it's basically turned both shows completely unwatchable to me. Someone here recently told me to turn my brain off, but my brain doesn't turn that far off. Time travel ruined the shows and that's pretty much the gist of it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah that's perfectly fair

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I watched the first few episodes of the Flash when it premiered and I utterly loathed that show. Now I hear, that was the highpoint and it's only gone downhill from there, which seems inconceivable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gotham did have proto Joker having his face punched off by Gordon, so that was cool.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

X-O posted:

Yeah sorry, I don't really care. When Flash introduced time travel I said in the thread right there it was a slippery slope and these writers weren't good enough to handle it and it's basically turned both shows completely unwatchable to me. Someone here recently told me to turn my brain off, but my brain doesn't turn that far off. Time travel ruined the shows and that's pretty much the gist of it.

if you ever care at all about the mechanics of time travel in any story, your brain is broken. stop caring about it, forever. all "rules" of fiction are fake.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Reset Smith posted:

I watched the first few episodes of the Flash when it premiered and I utterly loathed that show. Now I hear, that was the highpoint and it's only gone downhill from there, which seems inconceivable.

Seriously, it was so bad

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DoctorWhat posted:

if you ever care at all about the mechanics of time travel in any story, your brain is broken. stop caring about it, forever. all "rules" of fiction are fake.

The mechanics of it aren't what bother me. It's the crutch of having it be a constant part of the show. And with those writers a terrible part. Time travel can be handled well. Really well in fact, 12 Monkeys and Travelers are current shows that are based entirely on it and they're great shows. The Flash writers are just really terrible at it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Time Travel is used in Legends (S2) as a basis for travel. Causality paradox stuff isn't the point this year. Revolutionary America is a place they can set stories.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I agree with that actually and I'm a huge time travel junkie. I do enjoy The Flash but the time travel aspects are just bad often causing entire episodes to disappear up their own assholes. 12 Monkeys, Continuum, those kinds of shows do time travel well. The a Flash does not but at least in my mind LoT just uses it as an excuse for the Jr Varsity rejects to play dress up, punch Einstein in the face and shoot George Washington in the face with a Glock. It's totally retarded, and for me that's perfectly fine.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Travelers would be better without the schizophrenic editing and constant weird cinematography

Also more interesting characters

still i got through the first season so it did something right

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

The mechanics of it aren't what bother me. It's the crutch of having it be a constant part of the show. And with those writers a terrible part. Time travel can be handled well. Really well in fact, 12 Monkeys and Travelers are current shows that are based entirely on it and they're great shows. The Flash writers are just really terrible at it.

The best time travel stories are the ones that send someone back in time without a clear idea of where they are or the situation, and have it be out of their control. It's pretty much the best way to avoid the paradox problems. If the person went back completely unprepared, the only paradoxes would come from future knowledge. If they don't have much, it doesn't shatter the story.

Obviously there are other great ways to use it (like 12 Monkeys) but the above is the only kind of story that doesn't make your brain explode.

Now that I think of it that does kind of make Army of Darkness one of the least paradox-prone time travel movies to exist. Ash literally never did a single thing in the past that changed his future and he didn't intend to go back in the first place, so "fixing things" wouldn't make any impact on him still going back. Never really thought about it before.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

BSam posted:

Oh yeah, not even I watch Gotham.

Your loss, Gotham is radical!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Did anyone else find while watching it that notAida actually made Aida look less real somehow? It sounds weird to say and maybe it was just a location lighting thing but just comparing their faces something about Aida's complexion and expressions suddenly came off as actually looking artificial compared to her human inspiration.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 13: Boom

http://i.imgur.com/buwT73H.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/KonTNQM.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/RqUG52Z.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/THaz60L.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/loi7FlF.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/dczFHQT.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/NMZ73Ys.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/nnZKRd6.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/7TPaEBB.gifv

I love this show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I cannot wait for Director Johnson to actually happen.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Andrew_1985 posted:

Putting money on Radcliffe being trapped in his own virtual world at the end of the season.

I also really like Aida. It's a shame she won't survive.

Yeah, that's exactly where it's going to go.

Medullah posted:

Yeah I wonder if they'll go with a pseudo good ending since he's not truly evil, something like (Black Mirror spoiler) He ends up trapped in the Matrix Framework with real Aida, the only two, and he's happy. Like San Junipero.

Since there's pretty much no other ending for him, I hope he gets this. He just wants to do good. :unsmith:

This is where the Ghost Rider SFX budget went, and it was a good choice. :allears:

I can't wait to see what kind of consequences this has...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Chokes McGee posted:

I cannot wait for Director Johnson to actually happen.

I have faith that it will sooner than later.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sentinel Red posted:

Did anyone else find while watching it that notAida actually made Aida look less real somehow? It sounds weird to say and maybe it was just a location lighting thing but just comparing their faces something about Aida's complexion and expressions suddenly came off as actually looking artificial compared to her human inspiration.

I think it just really showed how good the actress is doing with Aida since Agnes was much more full of life, you know until she died.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I still think that Radcliffe will get the idea to download the real woman's mind into Aida's body and that he will try to do it without telling Aida. So, she'll find out and turn on Radcliffe in the end.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Aleph Null posted:

I still think that Radcliffe will get the idea to download the real woman's mind into Aida's body and that he will try to do it without telling Aida. So, she'll find out and turn on Radcliffe in the end.

This is exactly the kind of dick move that will wreck Radcliffe in the end. Unless he's right, and Aida truly has no free will.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Or he'll put Agnes's mind in another Aida body, and Aida will be jealous, leading up to an Aida vs Bida battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

boxen posted:

Or he'll put Agnes's mind in another Aida body, and Aida will be jealous, leading up to an Aida vs Bida battle.

I thought Better Call Saul was the one with the robot toilet?

• Locked thread