Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Barely.

Their sparkling wine ain't half bad, and it's dirt cheap.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hey, English.

Why haven't RBR announced a launch date?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Jesus 15qp, why?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tony Montana posted:

hey, English.

Why haven't RBR announced a launch date?

In more dull information I wish I did not know: They announced the 24th but it clashed with McLaren and Ferrari and had to go back to TBC.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't drink Martini so it's probably a dead brand tbqh

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dubs posted:

Jesus 15qp, why?

I read that abbreviation as "15 quality posts". You can see why it took me a while to think of anyone in this thread it could relate to.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

enri posted:

brainwrong or someone will back me up on the F1 fanatic guy :colbert:

Here's a good description

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683444&userid=164503&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post441771061

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

In more dull information I wish I did not know: They announced the 24th but it clashed with McLaren and Ferrari and had to go back to TBC.

Do you have any idea about the car? Any news on how it's going? I know we won't know anything for real until quali at Melbourne, but are there rumours of Adrian building some fantastic machine?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Thank you for digging that you, Wirth1000 puts it so eloquently :) For the lazy:

Wirth1000 posted:

Keith Collantine. He had a real full time job doing something and ran the site on a part time basis as just a fan. Then a few years back he decided to go full time and this suddenly skyrockted his ego to give the impression that he's some sort of actual influential voice in F1. He's just some arrogant rear end in a top hat running a site with font sizes way too loving big. I can't stand to read that site for more than a couple days cause of how opinionated all the pieces can get and his bleeding heart 'think of the fans!~!!!!!' idea that he's some sort of voice for the people.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

daslog posted:

The usual f1 websites seem to be speculating that the new tires and new car design will result in more Follow the Leader because of the aero.

It's hardly speculation, it's basically a nailed on fact. Improving mechanical grip is the way forward and simplifying the aero regulations so that teams don't have 846 loving elements on the front wing. Bring back FRIC and allow developments on trick suspensions imo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

enri posted:

Thank you for digging that you, Wirth1000 puts it so eloquently :) For the lazy:

If that quote is to be believed, the guy makes money reblogging F1 poo poo enough to pay his bills and doesn't have to suck Bernie's cock to do it. Give that man a medal.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
He makes money the same way as all the other hack "F1 journalists": from the checks Mercedes sends him to spread fake news against our Lewis

poty fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 9, 2017

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

poty posted:

He makes money from the checks Mercedes sends him to spread fake news about our Lewis, like all the other hack "F1 journalists"

Where do I send my resume?

Oh wait: I thought you meant paid by Merc to make Lewis look like a turd. Nevermind.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tony Montana posted:

Do you have any idea about the car? Any news on how it's going? I know we won't know anything for real until quali at Melbourne, but are there rumours of Adrian building some fantastic machine?

Only things we have heard so far are livery related I'm afraid. "It's nearly time for RB12 o'clock" and one of the other race teams (Rally?) have had a big livery redesign with it being red and purple instead of purple and red.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
In semi-related news McLaren are opening up a new car manufacturing plant in Sheffield. One of the lads I went to school with and who is currently working in Germany for Mercedes is applying which is nice.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

learnincurve posted:

In semi-related news McLaren are opening up a new car manufacturing plant in Sheffield. One of the lads I went to school with and who is currently working in Germany for Mercedes is applying which is nice.

Does that mean we might get "The Full Monty 2" based in the exciting world of chassis production?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Normally I wouldn't link stuff like this, but if you ever wanted reminding that F1 is and has long been a money circus, here's (the recently late) Tara Palmer-Tomkinson with a story about Flavio "Isn't he Formula 1?" Briatore going to get coffee

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/38912978#video-38912978

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The French tv commentary gets me the most, where one of the guys keeps saying in a totally deadpan tone, "C'est pas possible" over and over

What happened in France?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Someone didn't do enough wrong

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jedit posted:

What happened in France?

Toyota were on for their maiden 24 hours of Le Mans victory and crapped out in the dying minutes of the race. Thankfully, 1500quid has a much more suitable av/title combo now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

While I'm saddened over the death of the old Japanese man I loved that I pissed that guy off this much.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jedit posted:

What happened in France?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4gFYO5uAWg

still heartbreaking :smith:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Boullier hinting at "exciting changes" on the 2017 car: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-hints-at-exciting-changes-for-new-f1-car-872398/

someone hold me

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Boullier hinting at "exciting changes" on the 2017 car: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-hints-at-exciting-changes-for-new-f1-car-872398/

someone hold me

McLaren are like the 17 year olds of F1, thinking adding orange go faster stripes on their shitbox will make it faster.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The exciting change will be that the car is less bad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Being more bad is also an exciting change

It would actually be pretty funny if McLaren put together a car capable of winning races the first year after Ron

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

NtotheTC posted:

I read that abbreviation as "15 quality posts". You can see why it took me a while to think of anyone in this thread it could relate to.

Probably because I havent posted much lately as im still riding the high of Are Rossie 2016 WDC. I shall redouble my efforts.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
enri, I'm going to PM you. I'm hoping you have PMs.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

The exciting change will be that the car is less bad.

Or Nando bins it in a more spectacular fashion than Melbourne last year.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Wirth1000 posted:

enri, I'm going to PM you. I'm hoping you have PMs.

roger roger, received and replied :cool:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Norns posted:

Synergy

Shut the gently caress up.
When our state electrical supplier was privatised by a conservative/right wing government it was split from SECWA (State Electrical Commission Western Australia) into "Western Power" (generators, lines and wholesale) and into "Synergy" as their retailer (plus whatever private company wanted to buy from 'western power' and sell retail.)

The name synergy loving sucks as a business mantra as it was beforehand. Googling the term now leads to heaps of tosser real estate or supplements and therapeutics poo poo stains
But I can't escape the ex government electrical supplier. Can you imagine how bad it feels to pay a company called loving "synergy" every 2 months? loving sucks and I hate being reminded of it in any way.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 9, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Fo3 posted:

When our state electrical supplier was privatised by a conservative/right wing government it was split from SECWA (State Electrical Commission Western Australia) into Western Power' (generators- wholesale) and "synergy" plus whatever private company wanted to buy from 'western power' and sell retail.
The name synergy loving sucks as a business mantra. Googling the term lead to heaps of tosser real estate or supplements and therapeutics poo poo stains
But I can't escape the ex government electrical supplier. Can you imagine how bad it feels to pay a company called synergy every 2 months?

Do go on :shepface:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
You know what I mean right fellas :wink:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't pay for electricity

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Claire Williams would charge.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hell I'd let her given the fact I'm pretty sure there's at least one meth lab in my building.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Fo3 posted:

When our state electrical supplier was privatised by a conservative/right wing government it was split from SECWA (State Electrical Commission Western Australia) into "Western Power" (generators, lines and wholesale) and into "Synergy" as their retailer (plus whatever private company wanted to buy from 'western power' and sell retail.)

The name synergy loving sucks as a business mantra as it was beforehand. Googling the term now leads to heaps of tosser real estate or supplements and therapeutics poo poo stains
But I can't escape the ex government electrical supplier. Can you imagine how bad it feels to pay a company called loving "synergy" every 2 months? loving sucks and I hate being reminded of it in any way.

Are you sober? I can't normally poo poo the thread up that well (badly?) unless I've had a few drinks and decide the worst thread needs a couple of shots of my infinite wisdom.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fo3 posted:

Lmao fam

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Guys I think we've really turned it around and we're well on our way to that 15 quality posts goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Fans nuked my avatar :(

Does anyone have good spare f1 avs lying around?

• Locked thread