Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Unless you are desperate for money, I ALWAYS recommend holding onto your cartel coins to use for collections unlocking. Everything else can be purchased for credits, but if, for example, you want to be able to use that cool Unstable Peacemaker's saber on more than one character without buying it multiple times, you can unlock it in collections for a fee (60-400 cartel coins depending on rarity), but there is no way to do that with credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Medullah posted:

Unless you are desperate for money, I ALWAYS recommend holding onto your cartel coins to use for collections unlocking. Everything else can be purchased for credits, but if, for example, you want to be able to use that cool Unstable Peacemaker's saber on more than one character without buying it multiple times, you can unlock it in collections for a fee (60-400 cartel coins depending on rarity), but there is no way to do that with credits.

Okay time to look up collections unlocking, thanks. I'm not desperate for money as it seems to be steadily rising, but one look at the market showed stuff in the 100s of k to multiple millions so I figured selling cartel stuff was the way to get cash now. I'm on about 200k but haven't really had to buy anything at all so think i'll sit on the cartel coins then. Thanks.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Also get rocket boots

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

PST posted:

I'm playing through for the first time since launch and started over with a Smuggler (had a BH to 50 before). I keep outlevelling the planets as it is, should I just give up on all the planet storylines and just do the class story line and the odd heroic +2s for gear with this boost?

I know i'll lose out on a bunch of cash and companion influence, but given i'm already getting downlevelled a bunch as I go, it seems as if trying to keep up with that is just wasting time with that xp boost.

I only bother with the planetary quests I enjoyed or have a unique rewards such as the Revanite one on Dromond Kaas for the title/the Gree droids on Coruscant for the title and the chain on Tatooine because necrocyborg zombies. Being overlevelled to me takes away the unfun 'have to do Thing' so I can just focus on what's fun for me, and it's not like I can't go back and do everything I didn't as long as I haven't started up KotFE/ET yet.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bilirubin posted:

Also get rocket boots

Rocket boots are wildly overrated. Get quick travel boosts.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

prefect posted:

Rocket boots are wildly overrated. Get quick travel boosts.

The boots are good for the hugeass areas where you can't mount up like the Senate Tower, but for everywhere else, it's quick travel.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

M_Sinistrari posted:

The boots are good for the hugeass areas where you can't mount up like the Senate Tower, but for everywhere else, it's quick travel.

Cheers for that. I bought Boots 1 the other day and just got my quick travel down to 2 minutes. Not sure what the point on fleet pass is when I can jump straight to my stronghold and then to the fleet, but that might be because i'm still in my subscriber period after buying it from Amazon.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PST posted:

Cheers for that. I bought Boots 1 the other day and just got my quick travel down to 2 minutes. Not sure what the point on fleet pass is when I can jump straight to my stronghold and then to the fleet, but that might be because i'm still in my subscriber period after buying it from Amazon.

I only have to deal with one loading screen. :smuggo:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

PST posted:

If you plan on playing Preferred you won't be able to exit your stronghold to fleet, that's a sub perk.

Also, the fleet pass cooldown reduction perks will bring it to zero for a sub, but I believe it ends up being 2 hours or so for Preferred.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If someone gets on before me, go with Black Hole for crafting conquest week. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Servers are up, and Bioware decided to change the bonus to CXP from 250% to 350% for the event. :D

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I can't seem to do the Imperial Alderaan story arc. All the rebelling nobles seem to have been eaten by rakghouls or something

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Servers are up, and Bioware decided to change the bonus to CXP from 250% to 350% for the event. :D

Bloody hell, that's going to be insane.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

:pray: Please let no one complain about this lest they nerf it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
:stare:

Guess I know what I'll be doing when I get home.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's a Hypercrate up for 55% off, if you've got some coins you want to flip to credits. Like 3500 coins for the crate, will still for 25 million or more credits.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Any idea how much the new GXP weekly limit is? I've gained nearly 40 lvls in the last two days and know I'm still probably far from it but was just wondering.

Also lol people cheered when Madness got nerfed wonder if they enjoy me healing for 5+ million HP a WZ instead? drat screenshot key wouldn't work on my 10.5 million healed in Civil War earlier tonight. :argh:

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

drat son.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Any idea how much the new GXP weekly limit is? I've gained nearly 40 lvls in the last two days and know I'm still probably far from it but was just wondering.

Also lol people cheered when Madness got nerfed wonder if they enjoy me healing for 5+ million HP a WZ instead? drat screenshot key wouldn't work on my 10.5 million healed in Civil War earlier tonight. :argh:

It shows on your currency screen but it's like 100k or something ridiculous now

Edit - never trust the SWTOR screenshot button. Snipping tool is your friend

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Another reminder whilst you're all out grinding the gently caress out GXP:

Aleth posted:

:love::love::love: Oh look, it's time for ANOTHER CONTEST! :love::love::love:

Medullah wants to unload some poo poo from the bank so for those of you who haven't noticed the guild motd he wants to see your best Space-Valentine costume! Bonus points for effective set dressing. Alternatively maybe you hate Valentines? Feel free to express your utter lack of a lovelife distaste for this shameless attempt to cash in on romance and promotion of immorality by dressing with appropriate modesty and instead show off your own personal snub to the smug cherub bastard!

:love:Prizes!:love:
Whatever is left in/donated to the memorial vault. Last check this included numerous companion handler licenses, various mounts and the best regen item in the game!

:love:Deadline!:love:
TBA, probably Valentines day though!

:love:Entries!:love:

M_Sinistrari

RescueFreak

Autism Sneaks

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUipryVhesc

Bilirubin

:love:BONUS SEXY SKADGE!:love:

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
How long is this event going to last?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Chickenwalker posted:

How long is this event going to last?

April 10th, supposedly.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

April 10th, supposedly.

Then on the 11th patch 5.2 (which is supposed to make several improvements to GC) is supposed to drop.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah I think if they just up the number of unassembled pieces you get from Warzones, make them bind to legacy, and/or give you alternate methods to get them via other GC activities then I think we're gonna be in good shape. Reduce the RNG grind and let the unlucky have a way to get those pieces and it'll be a decent system.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In a game full of companions being forced on you, Gault takes the retarded, railroaded bullshit prize.

Literally no reason to take him with you instead of doing your job. His one skill (bribing people) is by his own admission useless (he has no money).

Spoiled the whole character I was playing (shoot the weasels first).

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

In a game full of companions being forced on you, Gault takes the retarded, railroaded bullshit prize.

Literally no reason to take him with you instead of doing your job. His one skill (bribing people) is by his own admission useless (he has no money).

Spoiled the whole character I was playing (shoot the weasels first).

Ehh, Skadge fits that description more. He continually gets in your way on Belsavis, really contributes nothing to the Hunter's goal, and he bulls his way onto your ship with the Hunter having no option to refuse. My Hunter shot people for pulling less bullshit than Skadge, he should've had a blaster bolt between the eyes at first meeting.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

M_Sinistrari posted:

Ehh, Skadge fits that description more. He continually gets in your way on Belsavis, really contributes nothing to the Hunter's goal, and he bulls his way onto your ship with the Hunter having no option to refuse. My Hunter shot people for pulling less bullshit than Skadge, he should've had a blaster bolt between the eyes at first meeting.

Oh, so it gets worse? Wonderful!

If Mako didn't know she had companion plot armour she wouldn't talk so much poo poo about me to my face.

Bounty Hunter is good apart from everything companion-related so far. The "sanctity of the Great Hunt" stuff is eye-rollingly stupid but it's Mandalorian honour culture so it's supposed to be.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Mako is cool and good and I won't have you disparaging my bounty bro :colbert:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

She's so bitchy, every time you tell her to focus on the job she says you smell or are annoying or awful to be around.

Does she not realise I'm just a thug and a murderer who has and will kill for less?

I don't care how good at her job she keeps saying she is, I bet I can find a dozen nerds on Nar Shadaa that could do the same thing within 100 feet of the spaceport.

Chapter two sure is something Get lured out to Taris, told it's not a real bounty, asked to pay to take part in another dumb hunter pride march, and if you use one of the TWO [Refuse Quest] buttons... But thou must!

sassassin fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 10, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's just sassassin doing his usual whining about the game and having terrible opinions.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aleth posted:

It's just sassassin doing his usual whining about the game and having terrible opinions.

That said, I sort of agree about Gault being dumb. I like the character, but it really doesn't make sense that you aren't able to just shoot him. IIRC, that entire planet is a roadrunner cartoon of you chasing after the guy and him constantly tricking you into not killing him, and when you finally have him backed into a corner he goes "hang on, don't kill me, i have an idea and it's DEFINITELY not a trick this time" and you have no choice but to say "buhhhhhh ok I believe you let's go"

I mean it works out in the end but...kinda dumb

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aleth posted:

Go desperately spam posts for another competition about it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

sassassin posted:

:nallears:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mako's probably perfectly nice if you always agree with her but she gets downright vicious the moment you express a "wrong" opinion.

She's a bully, like some in this thread.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

Dude poo poo post all you want, but don't talk poo poo about someone who's actually trying to get our guild to do guild like things.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

sassassin posted:

You are somehow worse than the guy who trolled the thread complaining about the Tracer Missile animation.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Medullah posted:

Dude poo poo post all you want, but don't talk poo poo about someone who's actually trying to get our guild to do guild like things.

Sorry, didn't know this was your guild thread. Where's the thread for talking about the game?

If people entered his competitions as fast as they rush to defend him he wouldn't have to post reminders about them so often.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'd just like to point out it's not 'my' contest at all; I'm just doing the admin on it for Medullah who threw it out as a motd thing after Christmas.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

sassassin posted:

Sorry, didn't know this was your guild thread. Where's the thread for talking about the game?

If people entered his competitions as fast as they rush to defend him he wouldn't have to post reminders about them so often.

:spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

Feel free to talk about the game. Just don't get defensive or upset when literally 90% of the people in this thread disagree with your opinions and general hatred of the game.

• Locked thread