Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think Huggybear is a Zeitgeist re-reg

nah he has not mentioned chaining up his black gf while espousing his feminism yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Themata posted:

Me [24f] with my bf [23m] of 2y, he is obsessed with Gamer Gate and it is making me CRAZY!!!!!

quote:

Actually, it shows that he (fictional boyfriend) is a level-headed person. He doesn't go around screaming about scientists who wear a shirt he doesn't like, or about 'mansplaining' or crap like that

I cannot believe they are still bringing up a dude having to change his shirt years after it happened

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

WoodrowSkillson posted:

nah he has not mentioned chaining up his black gf while espousing his feminism yet

give him time

He's almost there

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Guess the keyword!

quote:

EDIT: Ok I'm going to talk to him tonight over this and see what's going on. I'm going to go the gentle route and bring up things like how if I was the murderer he wouldn't think I could murder someone and how we've been doing well so far along with some other points people have brought up instead of storming in and telling him he better get his poo poo together ASAP or I'm out. Yes he's being an idiot over this but we all have idiotic, nonsensical thoughts and if the shoe were on the other foot I would appreciate some love. Anyways I'll update when he freaks out and reveals he's hated me since the party since I'm a cheater and has slept with ten other girls to get even.

well at least she knows how this is going to end

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sorting by controversial gets you a lot of idiots who are on the wrong side of an argument and are trying to get validation:

My [24 M] gf got mad at me for unpausing a show she was watching when she left the room to take a phone call. She then came back and took the remote to rewind what she had missed without saying anything. Who is in the wrong?

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been together for nearly two years, and can't agree on this issue. She's 25, I'm 24.

Situation

When I got home, my girlfriend was watching a show on the TV in our bedroom, but shortly after got up to go take a phone call from her friend. She paused the show and left, and didn't say how long she'd be. I decided to keep watching the show and unpaused it, and when she got back around 50 minutes later she was annoyed. She took the remote, went back to the episode she missed, even though I was now halfway into another episode at that point.

I think it was extremely rude for her to take the remote and just change it back since she'd been gone, and she thinks it's rude that I just kept watching a show she was watching even though she paused it. She said I should have watched something else, or done something else, or watched on a different place than where she had paused the show. I think that's ridiculous. She left, I didn't know how long she'd be gone, so I watched the show.

As for the show, the episodes aren't continuous, and though it's something she watches way more than I do, we have in the past watched a few episodes together and I like it enough. But since I was about halfway into another episode she hadn't seen, it is a show you kind of need to see from the beginning so she couldn't have just kept watching from where I was, but could have said something.

Who is in the wrong? Both? One?

TLDR: My gf left the room to take a phone call and paused a show she was watching. While she was gone, I unpaused it to keep watching even though I hadn't been watching previously. She came back and went back to the episode she was watching without asking, and rudely. Who is wrong?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

WampaLord posted:

Sorting by controversial gets you a lot of idiots who are on the wrong side of an argument and are trying to get validation:

My [24 M] gf got mad at me for unpausing a show she was watching when she left the room to take a phone call. She then came back and took the remote to rewind what she had missed without saying anything. Who is in the wrong?
:sever: obviously.

Christ, the Sikh story. I feel so sorry for that girl.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How the gently caress is this even become an issue for these two? Like we had people earlier who had people making GBS threads on the carpet and the best you two chucklefucks can muster is episode ettiquette when phone calls drag long. Just break up, if you two get this saucy and stupid over this god help you when you tumble out rear end backwards from a filthy shower while holding your funko pop collection.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Huggybear posted:

hahaha wow all you closet MRAs, jesus, reddit is an echo chamber for mouth breathing unwashed incel misogynists. Just because the neckbearded hive mind masses think she's a raging slut for traveling to hang with an old friend, ex or otherwise, doesn't make them right. You're all so wrathful even if the woman doesn't cheat. Grow the gently caress up.

Trust is the most important thing in a relationship after love and empathy. If her douchey, uncommunicative ex didn't trust her, is incapable of adult discussion/negotiation and treated her like she's a possession/cum-vessel representation of his patriarchal honour, then she is in a better place and Pete is just a loving tool. Again, grow the gently caress up, Christ.

If my girlfriend wants to hang out with her ex, more power to her. I don't automatically assume she is going to gently caress that person because she is an intelligent human with self-control and agency and values our relationship more than a passive-aggressive hate gently caress, which is 99% of cheating.

im catchin up but lmao

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Grevling posted:

:sever: obviously.

Christ, the Sikh story. I feel so sorry for that girl.

The landlord's reaction leads me to believe she's going to be looking for new roommates soon, but she won't be the one moving out

religious and racial discrimination against a 19 year old sikh woman with a disability going to university? it's the crossroads of "Bad PR" and "Discrimination Lawsuit"

WampaLord posted:

maybe if you didn't want to re-watch the episode you two were watching together you shouldn't have pressed play when she left the room my man

"oh no I have to re-watch 50 minutes of a television program I was probably only half paying attention to, this is worth being angry over for days"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 9, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

choosing to believe in the better story applies to posts itt too imo, seeing as it makes no non-entertainment difference to your life personally would you rather huggybear was some edgelord SJW false flag with way too much time on his hands or the frankly probable scenario of D&D posters' black girlfriends learning they're being cheated on when their nerd squeezes stride in to demand their forgiveness for cheating on pain of being deemed masculinity golems

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I hope they kick those ignorant shitheads out. If they won't even take one minute to put Sikh into google and find out what it is they more than deserve it.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grevling posted:

I hope they kick those ignorant shitheads out. If they won't even take one minute to put Sikh into google and find out what it is they more than deserve it.

Do they really need to google some one's religion to not verbally abuse them, and make fun of their mental condition. Living with Bipolar has got to be hard enough, imagine having some ignorant-first time moving out girls rip into you.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I do like the bolding on black. It's subtle, but v. respectful

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

choosing to believe in the better story applies to posts itt too imo, seeing as it makes no non-entertainment difference to your life personally would you rather huggybear was some edgelord SJW false flag with way too much time on his hands or the frankly probable scenario of D&D posters' black girlfriends learning they're being cheated on when their nerd squeezes stride in to demand their forgiveness for cheating on pain of being deemed masculinity golems

For me it was also the weird bolding. I loved it, not to mention the *gasp* that preceded it.

Like he imagines people being shocked by her blackness and feminism, so he whipped it out of nowhere as a 'gotcha' about...I'm not sure? I think he thinks he masterfully owned people but I honestly don't know how!

I know black feminists with lovely taste in men exist already dude you're blowing zero minds.

Mostly I find Huggybear delightful, though, 'reverse white knighting' is a treasure of a phrase. Thanks Huggybear! :cheers:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tiny Deer posted:

For me it was also the weird bolding. I loved it, not to mention the *gasp* that preceded it.

Like he imagines people being shocked by her blackness and feminism, so he whipped it out of nowhere as a 'gotcha' about...I'm not sure? I think he thinks he masterfully owned people but I honestly don't know how!

I know black feminists with lovely taste in men exist already dude you're blowing zero minds.

Mostly I find Huggybear delightful, though, 'reverse white knighting' is a treasure of a phrase. Thanks Huggybear! :cheers:

he's making this up as he goes and yall are falling for it

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

DangerDongs posted:

Do they really need to google some one's religion to not verbally abuse them, and make fun of their mental condition. Living with Bipolar has got to be hard enough, imagine having some ignorant-first time moving out girls rip into you.

Of course not, I was just taken aback by their extreme avoidance of making effort to understand something.

I hope the landlord really lays into them, too, not that they'll probably learn anything.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

he's making this up as he goes and yall are falling for it

:ssh: I know, I'm enjoying the performance art piece "Haha I'm Only Pretending to be Retarded".

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

:ssh: I know, I'm enjoying the performance art piece "Haha I'm Only Pretending to be Retarded".

"Well, guys, the troll came into the room and poo poo on the floor in the middle of the discussion, don't talk about the poo poo he took, it would only be rewarding him"

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Y'all getting huggybear'd

quote:

My husband [26/M] lied to his friends about how I [24/F] look, and that's why I am not allowed to meet them
u/throwawayizgood1y
Okay, throwaway because to my knowledge my husband does not Reddit, but I don't want this associated with my main account.

This all happened only about two hours ago so I am still upset. Please bear with me.

Background: my husband, Dick and I have been together for 4 years, married for 1 of those. I like to think that we have a good marriage. We are generally supportive of one another and we are the annoying couple that is pretty much always together, attached at the hip. I don't feel like saying nice things about him right now, but I love him a lot.

I have been overweight since I was a child. Not grossly overweight, but definitely a case of 'she could stand to lose a few pounds'. I have always felt pretty bad about that, and a few months ago I started working out and eating better. So far I lost 20 lbs, and I'm only 2 lbs away from being at a healthy weight for my height.

Dick has always assured me that my weight wasn't a problem for him. I know that he is 'out of my league' or whatever. He is tall, has blue eyes and dark hair. He's very handsome. I never cared much about looks, and have dated people of all shapes and sizes, but I am reminded of how attractive he is all the time from the nasty looks and little comments I get from other women from time to time. I always thought it was pretty funny that I ended up with such a handsome man and it never bothered me.

Anyway, I'm rambling (blame the beer...)

Dick has never had a lot of friends, but these last three months or so he has been hanging out with a couple of coworkers every Friday. I was incredibly happy for him, he was always in a great mood when he came home and his friends seemed nice. He invited me to come along in the beginning, but I declined, because I think it's healthy for him to have his own friends. He stopped asking.

Today he was going to see a movie with these coworkers. He told me that one of them is bringing his wife, and that I was welcome to come along. This time I thought it might be fun to go with him, since I would like to meet his friends and someone else was bringing his wife along.

I got dressed, and then my husband stopped me. He told me that he couldn't take me with him after all. He looked really upset and uncomfortable so I pushed a little bit. Why did he suddenly change his mind? After a while he told me that he had something embarrassing to tell me.

Apparently his new friends like to talk about 'hot women'. They like to talk about how they scored and about how hot their girlfriends/wives are. In an attempt to fit in, Dick told them that he had a smoking hot wife who always gets attention from strangers when they are out together. He says that it is now a running gag in his group of friends. He even showed them a picture of some chick from Facebook and said it was me!

He told me that I couldn't come along because they would 'find out the truth'.

I immediately started crying and asking him why he would do something like that. He apologized profusely and said that he was just trying to fit in. He tried to 'make it up' to me by inviting me along anyway despite how 'embarrassing' it would be. I have zero desire to meet these friends now.

Dick was just standing there helplessly for a few minutes and I asked him to please leave and that I'd be at my mom's when he got back. He started begging me to spend the night at home, but I am just so angry, humiliated and sad and I don't want to be around Dick right now.

I am leaving in a few minutes to go to my mom's. How do I deal with this? Is this normal behavior? Am I overreacting?

TL;DR = My husband bragged about his 'hot wife' to his friends. I am not that hot. I am really upset that he would do such a thing, please help me and tell me what to do now.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lmao at the dude broadcasting his GFs marginalized race and political leanings to win an Internet slapfight

Please sever

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Palisader posted:

Y'all getting huggybear'd

Holy poo poo, what a loving idiot.

All you do is take your wife out and go "Hey everyone here she is!" and no one will say anything about it, they'll think it's adorable that you find her sexy.

e: nevermind, he showed a fake picture. What an idiot.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 9, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
guysy i have an issue

a girl 8 years younger than me is flirting with me at work

what do

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Palisader posted:

The ol' 'my Canadian hot wife' trick

Beyond the inhuman shittiness of that, how did he expect this to play out?? How long did he think he could keep up the ruse? There are so many obvious glaring issues with this plan!

I mean the obvious answer is he's sleeping with one of these co-workers...but then why invite her in the first place? Did it just slip his mind? Did his side chick/dude ask him to disinvite her, and if so, how did he gently caress up an excuse so bad? This is the kind of stupid that's just opaque.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I thought "this idiot can still salvage things" until I read this

quote:

He even showed them a picture of some chick from Facebook and said it was me!

:murder:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im asking for help here u insensitive fcuks

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zzulu posted:

guysy i have an issue

a girl 8 years younger than me is flirting with me at work

what do
Get laid, duh

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Me [35F] with friends 30s-40s and their kids 2-18. Is my stance wrong?

quote:

I am not a kid friendly person. I don't dislike them or treat them poorly or anything, but they aren't my target demographic. I drink and use cannabis medically(have a prescription) and recreationally. I'm not particularly good at watching my language when I'm at home. And I hate pixar films.

When I meet my friends and family in public or at their homes I watch my language. I don't smoke cannabis around them. I usually don't drink and will go to my car to have a cigarette. I try to be respectful.

But when in my own home, I do that all. I love glass and there are pipes and bongs and rigs all over the place. I keep a full bar for entertaining and don't bother with watching my language. I go outside to have a cigarette so the house doesn't smell, and keep ashtrays around everywhere. And I feel that if the friends with kids choose to bring them to my home, they are deciding they're okay with exposing them to all these things. But a couple people have been hinting lately that maybe I could put away at least the ashtrays and cannabis paraphernalia. I really don't think I should have to. Am I wrong?

tl;dr I don't hide my bad habits from kids when their parents bring them to my home. People are starting to indicate I should. Am I wrong?

tl;dr: Mandatory summary/question!

How filthy is her house on a scale of 'I do the dishes at least once a week' to 'breathable cat hair'.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Reddit help, should I put away my bongs and ashtrays when my friends' kids come over?"

Zzulu posted:

im asking for help here u insensitive fcuks

Give her a lolly and then call her parents.

Grevling fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 9, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Beyond the inhuman shittiness of that, how did he expect this to play out?? How long did he think he could keep up the ruse? There are so many obvious glaring issues with this plan!

I mean the obvious answer is he's sleeping with one of these co-workers...but then why invite her in the first place? Did it just slip his mind? Did his side chick/dude ask him to disinvite her, and if so, how did he gently caress up an excuse so bad? This is the kind of stupid that's just opaque.

It really is just excessively stupid. It's so stupid it doesn't make sense. I'm not saying he's lying, maybe he's just really this dumb! But my god, man, how dumb do you really have to be?

she should :sever: imo nobody should have to depend on somebody this dumb

Tiny Deer posted:

How filthy is her house on a scale of 'I do the dishes at least once a week' to 'breathable cat hair'.

on one hand, it is her house

on the other hand, put your loving bong away when kids are going to be over you weirdo. Put a lampshade on your ""art glass"" if you care that much

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 9, 2017

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

Get laid, duh

Unless Zzulu is a 24 yo high school teacher.

In which case he should post it to r/relationships first and then try to get laid and then get owned here.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

WampaLord posted:

Holy poo poo, what a loving idiot.

All you do is take your wife out and go "Hey everyone here she is!" and no one will say anything about it, they'll think it's adorable that you find her sexy.

He could have done this, but he showed them a picture of some other girl and played it off as his wife which makes the lie way obvious. He supremely hosed up and his only hope is to come clean to his "friends" and hope his wife finds a way to forgive him.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

He could have done this, but he showed them a picture of some other girl and played it off as his wife which makes the lie way obvious. He supremely hosed up and his only hope is to come clean to his "friends" and hope his wife finds a way to forgive him.

He can pretty much say goodbye to those friends I'd bet

What a bizarre thing to lie about, not to mention dragging somebody blindly into a dispute over their unsatisfying marriage

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tiny Deer posted:

my personal target demographic of stoners

Tiny Deer posted:

The ol' 'my Canadian hot wife' trick

lol

she should go anyway, wearing an opera mask. at the end of the movie she approaches them and flings the mask away, screaming "TWAS I ALL ALONG, THE DUMPY WIFE!"

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 9, 2017

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Tiny Deer posted:

More importantly, what is her wardrobe on a scale of "I own 5 Che Guevara t-shirts" to "All of my clothing has a marijuana leaf on it somewhere."

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tiny Deer posted:

Not that I'm an expert on being cool or anything, but if you've still got mad scientist weed poo poo all over your house like some sort of retarded 19 year old in your mid-30s, you're probably a loving loser.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tiny Deer posted:

"Hey can you hide the pot and put the bongs in a cabinet while we have kids over" is not an unreasonable request at all, and I say this as a major stoner.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WampaLord posted:

"Hey can you hide the pot and put the bongs in a cabinet while we have kids over" is not an unreasonable request at all, and I say this as a major stoner.

yeah but are you trying to appeal to a general audience or a tightly focused market segment of folks who think Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle was a cultural high water mark

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

Seriously tho I'm sure she's getting at least 20 minutes notice, how many bongs does this lady have?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

as someone who loves weed why does anyone need enough glassware to decorate most of their home with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Fullhouse posted:

as someone who loves weed why does anyone need enough glassware to decorate most of their home with

"The kids just think they're cool vases, right?"

or

"I must be within 5 feet of a bong at all times! Never know when you'll suddenly get into the weeds!"