Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Groovelord Neato posted:

i like how the defense was actually good and not phony like everyone was saying all season.

Indeed. All this talk about a historically great offense but they couldn't score a single point in a quarter and a half.

But sure the defense was the problem. Welcome to the start of the Super Bowl hangover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I mean shanahan was sent to the salt mines of Santa Clara immediately after

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Gronk has had one hell of a day

edit: oh poo poo it was posted last page. Oh well

Is there video of him catching it? Does he have a 3rd arm or did he do a hackey-sack stall on top of his toes?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris Long also not going to the white house.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Long is my hero, everyone refusing to go is my hero

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there video of him catching it? Does he have a 3rd arm or

More of a leg, really.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalli posted:

Chris Long also not going to the white house.

:toot:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope it's just Tom and bill lol

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ehud posted:

Tom already said, in a roundabout way, that he might not go because of "scheduling" - at this rate someone (Kraft) might call Trump and have the whole thing canceled or done differently so that it's not that big of an embarrassment.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

All the players skipping the white house are also skipping a prime opportunity to poo poo talk Trump in person

If I was Donald Trump, seeing a man who could break me in half talk poo poo about me for an hour would be awful. I might even piss myself

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 9, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

Tom already said, in a roundabout way, that he might not go because of "scheduling" - at this rate someone (Kraft) might call Trump and have the whole thing canceled or done differently so that it's not that big of an embarrassment.

I get the impression someone explained to him in small words that being a trump supporter hurts his ability to get endorsements given he plays in new england, so I wouldn't be that surprised if he made some dumb excuse...and then called Trump up to say lots of nice things to him without realizing Trump will immediately tell everyone.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If I was Donald Trump, seeing a man who could break me in half talk poo poo about me for an hour would be awful. I might even piss myself

So you are saying he'd be into it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

All the players skipping the white house are also skipping a prime opportunity to poo poo talk Trump in person

It's a photo op, I think they get like five seconds with him to shake his hand.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mooseontheloose posted:

So you are saying he'd be into it.

lol

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I would enter Battle Royale for the chance to tell him he's a stupid orange motherfucker to his face

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

Same but also Gronk, Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, and Christian McCaffrey.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I would be surprised if Gronk knew what the White House was or who the President is.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
All Gronk knows about government comes from Who's Nailin' Palin.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gronk knows the Secret Service doesn't have game:

quote:

“I told him to keep his shirt on,” Obama said. “He asked me what would happen if he took it off. I said ‘Secret Service probably wouldn’t like it.’ He said, ‘What would they do to me?'”

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I bet Gronk is actually smart and just evil. Only a being of true wickedness could get a ring after appearing on the Madden cover.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shangri-Law School posted:

I bet Gronk is actually smart and just evil. Only a being of true wickedness could get a ring after appearing on the Madden cover.

Gronk didn't know he was on the Madden cover, he thought that his copy was just personalized.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What is Brady is kind of a sperg and isn't aware that being a Trumper is no bueno?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Brady just posted this poem on instagram

quote:

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

with the team picture from SBLI.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Yeahhh Matt Ryan kneels the ball 3 times and you lose so I wouldn't get so high and mighty.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeahhh Matt Ryan kneels the ball 3 times and you lose so I wouldn't get so high and mighty.

Some MVP if the only way to win with him is to not let him throw.

:smug:

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Too bad no one told Atlanta that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Davonte Freeman
Hillary Clinton

I blame them

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Russad posted:

Too bad no one told Atlanta that.

It still sickens me. Like, legit makes my stomach hurt sickens me the complete ineptitude at the end of that game. Shanahan was nothing short of brilliant all season long and he chooses the final 15 minutes of his Falcon career to turn into an idiot and cost the franchise a shot at it's first ever superbowl. Unforgivable.

Thinking back on it, it's still just crazy to me how many things had to go wrong for Atlanta and right for New England for that to even happen. It's insane. Then you think about the tipped balls how either one of them results in an interception the game is over. That tipped ball to Bennett...if Collins isn't completely sucking wind at that point, probably would have been pick 6 number 2. If Freeman picks up a block the game is over. If the offense runs the ball and kicks the FG it's over. I'm just still in total disbelief.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

matt ryan couldn't manage to win a game after being spotted 25 points and 2.5 quarters gone

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

evilweasel posted:

matt ryan couldn't manage to win a game after being spotted 25 points and 2.5 quarters gone

Let's not get on Matt Ryan for this one. Dude had a perfect passer rating deep into the freaking Superbowl. Out of all the blame to be spread around, you cannot point the finger at him.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

weird Asian candy posted:

Let's not get on Matt Ryan for this one. Dude had a perfect passer rating deep into the freaking Superbowl. Out of all the blame to be spread around, you cannot point the finger at him.

If you put pretty much anyone on the planet in at 4:40, they would win the game. Just ignore the voice in your helmet, take the ball and kneel down - not that hard.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Ehud may this joke bridge the gap between New England and Miami fans.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

If you put pretty much anyone on the planet in at 4:40, they would win the game. Just ignore the voice in your helmet, take the ball and kneel down - not that hard.

They had passing personnel in the game...it's not like they are going to line up Taylor Gabriel at TE2 for a jumbo package.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

Yeah sure just ignore your coaches

More great ideas from GC. What's funny is that if Freeman picks up that basic as poo poo blitz, there was a wide open Sanu breaking free for the end zone.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah sure just ignore your coaches

More great ideas from GC. What's funny is that if Freeman picks up that basic as poo poo blitz, there was a wide open Sanu breaking free for the end zone.

That is what is so maddening and heart wrenching. It was there. Many, many times it was there and they just kept digging. They almost held on in spite of themselves...

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

What is Brady is kind of a sperg and isn't aware that being a Trumper is no bueno?

Brady's brief stint as a reporter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi9hHDooAX4

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

weird Asian candy posted:

It still sickens me. Like, legit makes my stomach hurt sickens me the complete ineptitude at the end of that game. Shanahan was nothing short of brilliant all season long and he chooses the final 15 minutes of his Falcon career to turn into an idiot and cost the franchise a shot at it's first ever superbowl. Unforgivable.

Thinking back on it, it's still just crazy to me how many things had to go wrong for Atlanta and right for New England for that to even happen. It's insane. Then you think about the tipped balls how either one of them results in an interception the game is over. That tipped ball to Bennett...if Collins isn't completely sucking wind at that point, probably would have been pick 6 number 2. If Freeman picks up a block the game is over. If the offense runs the ball and kicks the FG it's over. I'm just still in total disbelief.

I'm not even a Falcons fan and I still keep thinking about it......

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

If not for a house full of people feeling completely and utterly sad for me, I may have broke down into some combination of screaming and sobbing...scrobbing. I would have been scrobbing.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It's almost unbelievable. And of course Pats fans (and I guess the Pats themselves) are acting like their team just steamrolled their competition when they were completely dead to rights. That game was over and the Falcons let them off the hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Patriots did have to move the ball and score the points still so you can't completely discredit them. Teams routinely let other teams back into the game when they should be dead, but the comeback attempt falls short. But yeah I'm still in disbelief about it too. Once Julio Jones caught that pass it should have been over. At that point you can run the ball, use some clock or eat up their timeouts, and kick the FG making it super difficult to complete the comeback. It's like they said "no we want to be aggressive!" not understanding that in that situation aggression isn't helping. It's like the 2003 bucs against the Colts didn't want to play prevent on defense and in not doing so let the Colts score multiple scores quick and come back.

• Locked thread