Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's going to be a daily bundle again? I'm going to have more Magic Keys than there are chests soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Apparently auto - refresh does stack with itself, so that's C.Lunas tmr made even better.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Oh hey, more original characters!

Does Gumi not realize why people play Final Fantasy Brave Exvius or something?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I guess they don't really have the rights to make Valentine's Crossdressing Cloud or Valentine's Terra etc... characters, presumable because everything comes up top from SE and they only let them mess around with OCs for Global events.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Urgh I wonder what trash units we are going to get for Easter

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
more rabbites and evil bunny boss

and easter ariana with white ears

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of rabites, they seem like the most plentiful bonus enemy so far? Their rates feel a lot more consistent than Doublicorn and Gigantuar.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Cupid Luna has Chainsaw so that's something. Unfortunately it's not nearly as easy gearing her up for matching elements compared to Edgar.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I haven't seen rabites since the first day of the event, which sucks because my initial impression was that they were more common but you don't know if 1 or 6 will spawn.

edit: just got a 6 rabite spawn, so maybe if I bitch about it more, they will spawn more? please don't ban me

Tipme fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 9, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

There's going to be a daily bundle again? I'm going to have more Magic Keys than there are chests soon.

Looks like it:

https://imgur.com/a/BuarA

The chocolate restores 150 MP per some posts on reddit.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I'm getting a few rabites a day. When you get a cluster of 5, it makes that 50k axe attainable.

I decided that since I pulled all the gigantaurs, several characters awakening mats, and 2 of the 3 plots of summon tickets that I would stop buying and see how much I could collect by the offering's end. Maybe I will end up with the axe for funsies.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
I'm sitting on about 53k after getting all the tickets so yeah it's Def doable. Still stuck debating whether I want the axe or the trust moogle since I don't have a Mercedes and I can't tm grind. Decisions decisions

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I'm sitting on about 53k after getting all the tickets so yeah it's Def doable. Still stuck debating whether I want the axe or the trust moogle since I don't have a Mercedes and I can't tm grind. Decisions decisions

Even if you don't have a dedicated axe user, it's an axe better than murasame. It can also contribute to making a TM-less firion amazing, if absolutely nothing else. Get it just in case.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

But who would you even use that axe on? Even the units that want axes don't give any bonuses, i.e. Gilgamesh can use it, but it's actively worse than a weaker katana like Masamune due to the bonus from katanas.
Can anyone provide a real use case for the axe? I'd farm it if I could think of a reason to do so.
Edit: Ah, you could use Mercedes as your top dps? I guess?
Edit2: Oh, for the spr bonus on Cecil. Eh...

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 9, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Peachfart posted:

But who would you even use that axe on? Even the units that want axes don't give any bonuses, i.e. Gilgamesh can use it, but it's actively worse than a weaker katana like Masamune due to the bonus from katanas.
Can anyone provide a real use case for the axe? I'd farm it if I could think of a reason to do so.
Edit: Ah, you could use Mercedes as your top dps? I guess?
Edit2: Oh, for the spr bonus on Cecil. Eh...

Veritas of fire is a top tier damage unit when he comes out in a year because of all these loving holiday events

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
6* Level 1 Mercedes with the Axe, two hyper wrists, 4 atk+10% materias and a green beret is already breaking 300 attack, so that's giving me hope for leveling her up. I missed every event weapon before and including the Chirijiraden and I can't macro, so stuff like this is exciting for me.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have a fully equipped(no TMRs) Mercedes, she does CoD levels of damage with just the new axe.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Peachfart posted:

Can anyone provide a real use case for the axe?

Because I took a huge dump on it last week and now that I have a bonus unit and often a bonus companion, it actually seems attainable...

Really I just wouldn't mind it on any DPS that could use it. I think my Bartz and Firion can, and I'm still early in the game I can't take full advantage... I do have a Mercedes almost ready to awaken for the last time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's a good interview with the developers about the difference between global and Japan.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/taiwans-bahamut-interview-with-producers-translation/

quote:

GNN – Regarding the 5*based Gacha system, will we be getting it on Global? Additionally the 5* rate in Japan is currently at 1%, is this the same on Global? Lastly, will we be able to see the Summon Rates in future?

H – The reason for not changing the system now is to give Players a more enjoyable experience. Currently, the 5* based unit pool is still small thus removing the other units will cause the Rainbow pull/pool to be lacking. We will need to wait for “the right time” to implement the new system. Additionally, the rates from Japan might not be the same for Global as there many different country’s law to consider.

:frogout:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 9, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
If only players that mattered cared enough to mount a significant backlash to the game. Until they start seeing people spending less money on the game I don't think we'll see those changes.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Looks like I need to email and phone my senator.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

quote:

K – We do not favor Physical Characters over Magic Characters. It all depends on the Boss’s weakness. If you feel that your Magic characters are not strong enough, you can consider upgrading them by feeding Pots, TMs, Equipment etc.

Oh, is that all I had to do? Well gosh, I don't have to save up for a shot at Orlandu at all now! I'll just feed pots to Golbez!

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
It's weird that they said they never expected players to grind out the earthshrine for tmrs, did they genuinely expect players to only get one tmr per ~4 months via grinding out moogs when they became available?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

:frogout: , indeed.

*uses l33t macro skills to spam the Bahamut forum*

Tiger Millionaire posted:

It's weird that they said they never expected players to grind out the earthshrine for tmrs, did they genuinely expect players to only get one tmr per ~4 months via grinding out moogs when they became available?

Not just people, Final Fantasy Fans.

You know, the kind of folks who will spend 400 hours grinding out 100% completion on a game you can beat in 20?

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 9, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mile'ionaha posted:

Not just people, Final Fantasy Fans.

You know, the kind of folks who will spend 400 hours grinding out 100% completion on a game you can beat in 20?

And by 20, you mean 20 years ago.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think is the same person that, when asked why there are no ways to cure Stop and how it ruins arena and stuff, said to use Lasswell. Specifically, to Fingersnap yourself.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

The fun is watching some dude go 200 rolls deep for troll crystals.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Like that video where he does that all for Dark Fina and gets her on like the last 5 and he starts crying and saying "oh my god, we did it guys"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

*has pulled literally hundreds of times, has only ever pulled a single 5* and it was a rakshasha*

hmm yes i agree, the 5* pool is too small and we'd exhaust all of the base 5* too easily if the gacha changes were brought here too soon.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Since 5*s became a thing I've been trolled with 4 rainbows, Gaffgarion, Charlotte, Chizuru. most recently loving Rosa, and gotten lucky with Lightning.

Even the supposed 50% of getting the banner rainbow is bullshit from where I'm sitting. I should have had 2 Noctis, or a Yun or an Ace. And my Lightning came on Luneth's banner.

Listening to the developers spout their bullshit is just disgusting.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget tonight is the last night to throw tickets at the Lunar banner, you have till server reset at 3AM EST. One of the better banners we've seen in a while.

Though if you read that developer interview, uninstalling the app might be a better use of your time...
:suicide:

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Cartoon Man posted:

Don't forget tonight is the last night to throw tickets at the Lunar banner, you have till server reset at 3AM EST. One of the better banners we've seen in a while.

Though if you read that developer interview, uninstalling the app might be a better use of your time...
:suicide:

Seriously considering it. All out of lapis and not going to spend money on this, despite daily paid draws on Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Are there any ways go get one or two summon tickets through promotions before I kill it? I still really want Yun

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Here's a good interview with the developers about the difference between global and Japan.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/taiwans-bahamut-interview-with-producers-translation/

quote:

FFBE Producer K Horono: GL version is actually better

I guess that settles that.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mile'ionaha posted:

*uses l33t macro skills to spam the Bahamut forum*

Self-quoting, I know, but I did actually post in response to the article.

It is HARD to fit a comment in 40 characters, especially when you use the first part to quote the dev. I quoted (I think, I hope) his line about 'improving play experience' if anyone wants to copy/paste or tell me I quoted the wrong part of the phrase and give me something properly in Chinese to post. :P

我們是為了讓玩家有更好的遊戲體驗 "Troll 5* ruins game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I guess that settles that.

i wonder why he might think tha-"Additionally, the rates from Japan might not be the same for Global as there many different country’s law to consider."

oh

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

rabidsquid posted:

i wonder why he might think tha-"Additionally, the rates from Japan might not be the same for Global as there many different country’s law to consider."

oh

Which means they can gently caress us since there are no laws to stop them.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

See the trick about that quote is he didn't say who global was better for :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

In other words, Japan has laws that limit the amount you can gently caress your users but the rest of the world doesn't. They seem to make plenty off of Brave Frontier so the odds of them changing their methods is near zero. Though Brave Frontier also has the stacking rate-ups for banner characters.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vadun posted:

Seriously considering it. All out of lapis and not going to spend money on this, despite daily paid draws on Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Are there any ways go get one or two summon tickets through promotions before I kill it? I still really want Yun

I'm all out of tickets, not about to get hosed again by a rainbow vaan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I appreciate the hustle but why does your Primm have DC, Vax?

• Locked thread