Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

They should tell Iris never to wear a white coat and that future will not happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yer Burnt posted:

They should tell Iris never to wear a white coat and that future will not happen.

But then she'll never be a Doctor of journalism

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
This episode was such a drag that I had to watch it at 1.2x speed to make it tolerable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yer Burnt posted:

Or she could get a face tattoo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tom Felton is such a delight on this show. He's just such a dick.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Well he had years of practice.

I really want to see him interact with Harry though.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

It's annoying that we won't have an episode next week though.

Yeah there will probably be a break or two to align things for sweeps but it seems like they figured it out better than last year where we got the insanely dumb "month break -> 2 eps -> 3 week break" schedule around this time. After next week's break we get at least 5 episodes in a row (episode 17 is the musical crossover which airs 3/21).

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They also pushed back the end of last season (the finale aired the last week of sweeps) in order to help give Contagion's numbers a bump (it didn't help).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Are all the DC shows on a break next week then? That sucks

Rhyno posted:

Tom Felton is such a delight on this show. He's just such a dick.
His interactions with Caitlin last week were brilliant. "Looks like I'm not the only one who needs lessons in personal interactions".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"A few more minutes, and she'll be dead. How's that for changing the future?"

Killer Frost is just delightful. :allears: I hope at some point Caitlyn realizes she's doing the Two-Face thing and actually takes control of her powers, but then we wouldn't get Evil Caitlyn.

Guy A. Person posted:

I've been watching this on loop for 15 minutes, it is mesmerizing

I can't stop laughing help

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

idk I'm not digging the Killer frost stuff. If it was just something in Caitlin's head I'd like it better. It makes no sense (speedforce.png) that she turns evil for no reason.

Also did they actually explain where her powers came from? Was it just a delayed effect from the original Particle Accelerator explosion?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

irlZaphod posted:

idk I'm not digging the Killer frost stuff. If it was just something in Caitlin's head I'd like it better. It makes no sense (speedforce.png) that she turns evil for no reason.

Also did they actually explain where her powers came from? Was it just a delayed effect from the original Particle Accelerator explosion?

Wasn't it a change due to flashpoint?

Also she has cold powers. That's why she becomes cold and frosty when she uses them.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Seriously, though, having Barry say the line to Wally was delightful.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

Are all the DC shows on a break next week then? That sucks

Just the Tuesday ones, Supergirl and Arrow are running new episodes next week.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Iris facing deadly situations because "this isn't how I die" is pretty dumb when they are actively making changes to the future.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Tree Dude posted:

Iris facing deadly situations because "this isn't how I die" is pretty dumb when they are actively making changes to the future.

Team Flash doesn't discriminate.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

Is it just me seeing this or do they try to give Caitlyn some kind of romantic interest each season, only to have it blow up in her face. I could see her hooking up with Julian. He's grown on me as a character as I assumed he'd just be a throwaway antagonist for the 3rd season as Dr. Alchemy. But I kind of hope they keep him around. He's like their cynical dick character that they haven't had in awhile since the first Wells.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yes she does it every season. Can't have a CW show without some stupidass relationship drama. I mean she barely does anything anyways.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I'm annoyed cause it seemed at first we'd finally get a Caitlin plot that didn't involve romance. But the second Julian stopped being an evil dick he became available so the writers are like "gently caress it" because they're incapable of writing a woman who isn't in a relationship with some dude.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, they finally established that Caitlin has a mom. That's not nothing.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Caitlin embracing her powers and getting more and more carefree with them as she inched ever closer to being Killer Frost would have brought a really interesting dynamic to the team and given her something to do besides chase after cute boys, but oh well.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tom Cavanagh is playing in next weekend's NBA All Star Celebrity game.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lotus circle posted:

Honestly I'm annoyed cause it seemed at first we'd finally get a Caitlin plot that didn't involve romance. But the second Julian stopped being an evil dick he became available so the writers are like "gently caress it" because they're incapable of writing a woman who isn't in a relationship with some dude.

At the very least, it feels less naff than the one with Jay/Zoom was.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Spacebump posted:

Would you look at that. A reason to watch basketball outside of March Madness.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spacebump posted:

I looked at the rest of the roster for both teams and I was like "wow, outside of Mark Cuban, Anthony Mackie, and Hasan Minhaj, I have no idea who any of these people are" followed closely by "...wait, Master P's still alive :confused:?"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yesssss

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Spacebump posted:

Is it a foul to vibrate your hand through an opposing team's player?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Spacebump posted:

I was thinking WTF so I checked IMDB:

quote:

Played on the basketball team at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario.
Played on the international team for the NBA 2002 All Star Weekend's 3 on 3 Tournament.

Alright then, I'll allow it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hughlander posted:

I was thinking WTF so I checked IMDB:

Alright then, I'll allow it.

Even then, it's not like any skill is needed for a Celebrity game, seeing as one of the players on Tom's team is, I'm not making this up, a 11 year-old child actor.

Still, good on Tom for actually being a b-ball player in some capacity :3:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are they playing against the Washington Generals?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Coyote Ugly posted:

Is it just me seeing this or do they try to give Caitlyn some kind of romantic interest each season, only to have it blow up in her face. I could see her hooking up with Julian. He's grown on me as a character as I assumed he'd just be a throwaway antagonist for the 3rd season as Dr. Alchemy. But I kind of hope they keep him around. He's like their cynical dick character that they haven't had in awhile since the first Wells.
Yeah I'm liking him a lot, but considering he's being credited as "Special Appearance By" I can't see him sticking around. At the end of the season, he'll either turn evil and die or sacrifice himself to save Iris or something.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

pee out my butt posted:

Is it a foul to vibrate your hand through an opposing team's player?

Yeah that'll definitely get you a technical

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

I looked at the rest of the roster for both teams and I was like "wow, outside of Mark Cuban, Anthony Mackie, and Hasan Minhaj, I have no idea who any of these people are" followed closely by "...wait, Master P's still alive :confused:?"
Anthony Mackie plays Falcon in the Marvel movies, and Hasan Minhaj is from The Daily Show. Both are treasures and you better look them up. :colbert:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah those were the names which they recognised.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah those were the names which they recognised.
In my defense, those two are still treasures despite the fact that I can't read.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lotus circle posted:

This ends in Julian using his alchemy powers one last time to remove Caitlin's powers before dying thus removing anything interesting about this entire mess

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Chokes McGee posted:

This ends in Julian using his alchemy powers one last time to remove Caitlin's powers before dying thus removing anything interesting about this entire mess
God I hope not. Honestly it's all the more disappointing because Danielle always seemed really excited in interviews when the topic of being Killer Frost gets brought up. The fact that the show's writing makes her too afraid to face her powers, and in addition looking for ways to get rid of it, is a really poor move. Her powers have already saved the day a number of times (freeing Barry from the mirror, freezing Savitar temporarily, stopping Iris from dying before they could cure her) and the only thing that needs to be fixed is her weird evil personality that manifests with it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems like they've set up Caitlin embracing her powers as part of a general character arc about her getting over being so repressed and uptight. She has zero homelife, she's got that thing about trying to measure up to her mom, she's thirsty af but doesn't do anything about it unless a handsome man moves into the lab. I hope the idea isn't that the ice powers awaken some evil personality, it's more that they open up a crack in her buttoned down facade and the evilness is just all her repressed emotions overwhelming her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Good.

• Locked thread