Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

What a HEEL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

where can i buy a los ingobernables de japon shirt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pwtees

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Where can I buy a Los Ingobernobles de Japon hoodie? To replace my Bullet Club one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Where can I buy a Los Ingobernobles de Japon hoodie? To replace my Bullet Club one.

http://www.njpweurope.com/product/los-ingobernables-de-japon-hoodie

edit: poo poo, didn't notice it's sold out

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pwhoodies

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I wish pwhoodies was real. LiJ hoodies are hard to find.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

I wish pwhoodies was real. LiJ hoodies are hard to find.

I do imagine if you e-mail NJPW Europe they'll let you know when they expect more in stock

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the japan merch site has 1 but I don't think japan XL will be the size I want for a sweater.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Don't buy an LIJ shirt from PWTees if you want the rad print on the back. gently caress them for making me have to find a Japanese source to get a real Destino shirt.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

the japan merch site has 1 but I don't think japan XL will be the size I want for a sweater.

you'd want bigger

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

King Faraday posted:

I assume everyone in here has seen it, but Okada/Omega is up free for a week on NJPW World.

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/826399687879954432

Having missed this the first time and thinking it'd end up free at some point in a legitimate way. My inner cynic left the match about the time that they did the double finisher counter into Omega spitting on Okada, and then it just kept building on it.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Taguchi... nice.

Ryusuke Taguchi posted:

‘Thanks to the guys back in the studio. (Laughter). Thank you. I am the player manager of Taguchi Japan, Ryusuke Taguchi. (Applause). Well, today, at the end of the day, the boys done marvellous (laughter). I really thought there, maybe we didn't quite hit 69% on the pitch tonight, but at the end, the ball rolled into the area, and we burst the onion bag with the eagerness of a puppy (laughter). The boys in Taguchi Japan don't give up. We always get back in there. We get knocked down six times, we get up again nine times. “Down for 6, up for 9.” That's our motto. Elgin, Dragon Lee, (when you're in front of goal) tranquilo, tranquilo. We’re about 69% of where we want to be so there's work to be done. Dragon Lee, Elgin, ganbatte (do your best). You understand? Ganbatte. (Dragon Lee shrugs, uncomprehending) Isn't it? Marvellous. OK! Communication is key. (Laughter).
Yes? Yes! Yes? (Taguchi toys with an imaginary earpiece) Yes. Well, the fans were the 12th man on the pitch tonight, and with their support we will win again. There's not 12 of us? There's not 12 of us. Shall we finish? (Applause). OK! (Sotto voce to Elgin and Lee) we say “we are Taguchi Japan”, OK?
Dragon Lee, Michael Elgin, Nakanishi, Tanahashi and Taguchi. We! Are! Taguchi Japan!’
The five pose to applause to end the show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/829933886045986816

He hid this one for a while bless him. Doesn't want to be known as a WWE wash out. From all accounts was set to win the tag belts.

rovert fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 10, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TigerMaskW/status/829998549358108672

Somebody needs YTR as an avatar

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

that was the first (and other) search result but i get THREAT DETECTED poo poo every time i go to their site

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

dromal phrenia posted:

that was the first (and other) search result but i get THREAT DETECTED poo poo every time i go to their site

yeah they're a carny-rear end scam of a company.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
it's a shame that guy on twitter disappeared years ago and now the only NJPW merch available in the US is bootleg quality poo poo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

If you're serious, holler in the PMs.

[Edit] still have a Travel Guide drafted, might have to finish that today.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

that reminds me, I have a friend who's going to Japan in April, and I asked them to buy me an LIJ t-shirt from the New Japan shop b/c gently caress paying the shipping costs. I fit a UK medium, but is a Japanese medium anywhere close to that, or should I get a size up or down or whatever?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

that reminds me, I have a friend who's going to Japan in April, and I asked them to buy me an LIJ t-shirt from the New Japan shop b/c gently caress paying the shipping costs. I fit a UK medium, but is a Japanese medium anywhere close to that, or should I get a size up or down or whatever?

I'm a UK medium but large tends to fit me better in Japan.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Venomous posted:

Go at least one size up. If you're not super broad-shouldered for your size, or a "tall" medium, then you should be fine with an L.

For example, the sizing information on the NJPW Shop page for this LIJ shirt says that the 'width' is 50 cm, and 'length' is 68 cm. I believe that means "shirt lying flat on a surface" as opposed to circumference sizing.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Many thanks! Going to ask them to buy a large of this one then.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/829933886045986816

He hid this one for a while bless him. Doesn't want to be known as a WWE wash out. From all accounts was set to win the tag belts.

He's one of the most fun preformers on indie shows in Austin because he just lives his wreckless, rear end in a top hat character so well. Hope they didn't have to cut into the champ stamp and that he doesn't have to be away too long.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Any word on the Honor Rising card? I think Kevin Kelly said it'd have Adam Cole vs YOSHI-HASHI on commentary during the Osaka show.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

harperdc posted:

If you're serious, holler in the PMs.

[Edit] still have a Travel Guide drafted, might have to finish that today.

Is the travel guide for things like easiest way to get tickets, merch, etc. for the travelling fan? Would love something like this and hope you finish and post it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm excited for the New Japan Cup this year - there are a lot of directions they could go in and most of them would be interesting. I'd kind of like to see a heel vs. heel faction war between LIJ and Bullet Club when the latter returns, since CHAOS still seems occupied with Suzukigun and LIJ have a bunch of belts. Maybe hold off on the obligatory Omega vs. Okada rematch for a big show in a few months and have a less obvious NJC winner in the meantime.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

Is the travel guide for things like easiest way to get tickets, merch, etc. for the travelling fan? Would love something like this and hope you finish and post it.

Yeah, an intro on general things, links to further "how to get around Japan/Tokyo," and then more about wrestling in particular.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

Any word on the Honor Rising card? I think Kevin Kelly said it'd have Adam Cole vs YOSHI-HASHI on commentary during the Osaka show.

They are announcing stuff nowish. There will be a Togi Makabe 20th Anniversary show on the 21st with GBH vs. Ishii/Yano and Tiger Mask W & Tiger Mask 4 vs. Okada and Gedo, New Japan anniversary show will have Tiger Mask W vs. Okada. Honor Rising on the 27th will have Goto vs Punisher Martinez for the NEVER title and Yoshi-Hashi vs. Adam Cole for the ROH Title. Honor Rising on the 26th will have Young Bucks vs. War Machine.

Actually the Tiger Mask W tag match might be on one of the New Japan Anniversary shows not the Makabe one.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/831053655096692736

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Did Dave give star ratings to the Road to New Beginning show with the 3 eliminations tags?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Makabe 20th Anniversary Show 2/21 at 4:30 am EST

Main Event Non Title Match: GBH vs. Ishii/Yano
TenKozy & Nakanishi vs. Okada, Goto, Yoshi-Hashi
LIJ vs. Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Taguchi, Kushida, David Finlay
Shibata, Nagata, Liger, Tiger Mask vs. Suzuki, Iizuka, Taichi, Kanemaru
Jado & Gedo vs. Taka & Desperado
Henare vs. Oka

Honor Rising 2/26 at 4:30 am EST

David Finlay, Juice Robinson, Kushida vs. Jado, Gedo, Silas Young
NEVER 6 man tag: Liger, Tiger Mask Delirious vs. LIJ(c)
Okada, Goto, Yoshi-Hashi, Ospreay vs. GOD, Fale, Yujiro
Non title: War Machine vs. Young Bucks
Tanahashi, Dalton Castle, Taguchi vs. Naito, Hiromu, Punisher Martinez
Shibata & Jay Lethal vs. Adam Page & Cody
Main Event: Briscoes vs. Kenny Omega & Adam Cole

Honor Rising 2/27 at 4:30 am EST

Henare, Kushida, David Finlay vs. Jado, Gedo, Silas Young
Taguchi, Liger, Tiger Mask, Delirious, Dalton Castle vs. LIJ
War Machine vs. GOD
Juice Robinson, Tanahashi, Jay Lethal vs. Adam Page, Yujiro, Fale
NEVER Openweight Title Match: Goto(c) vs. Punisher Martinez
ROH World Title Match: Adam Cole(c) vs. Yoshi-Hashi
Main Event: Briscoes, Okada, Ospreay vs. Omega, Young Bucks, Cody

The New Japan Anniversary shows haven't been fully announced yet except for the Okada vs. Tiger Mask W matches. Those Honor Rising matches sound awful. I smell an angle with day 2's main event.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

We also have a card for the Korakuen leading up to the Anniversary show which will be headlined by Okada and Gedo vs. the two Tiger Masks. Like the Anniversary show nothing else has been announced tho.

Makabe show's going to be free to non subscribers.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Is Okada/Tiger Mask W not for the title, then?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Did Dave give star ratings to the Road to New Beginning show with the 3 eliminations tags?

from Reddit

quote:

Henare vs Oka 2.25

Kojima/Nagata vs. Liger/Yoshitatsu 2.75

Tenzan/Tiger vs. Iizuka/TAKA 1.5

Makabe/Honma/Shibata/Juice/KUSHIDA vs. CHAOS no rating?

Suzukigun vs. CHAOS 3.5

Tanahashi/Elgin/Taguchi/Nakanishi/Dragon vs. LIJ 3.5

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I still hope Kenny wins the belt against someone other than Okada. Maybe if The Elite split and turn face, and Suzuki or some other top heel wins the title, they can do Omega/whoever at Dominion and Okada can win the title back after the G1.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tiger mask w getting the belt and kenny challenging him for it seems inevitable for sometime this year, what with w getting a non-title shot and being in the new japan cup and kenny essentially saying he was returning to new japan to work an angle with ibushi

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How long of an extension did Kenny sign?

Also the idea of a Tiger Mask winning a world heavyweight title is an interesting one

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a year, supposedly, if we are taking him at his word that he was ever a free agent in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How long of an extension did Kenny sign?

Also the idea of a Tiger Mask winning a world heavyweight title is an interesting one
It's going to be amusing if Kota Ibushi couldn't win the NJPW Title but Kota Ibushi as Tiger Mask W can.

• Locked thread