Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

oddium posted:

it's a rocket ship bamboo lady

I think I met a rocket ship bamboo lady once in Okami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some Darkest Dungeon update came out today, apparently offers a sort of Short Mode to make it less of a grind. It'll be good to cross if off my backlog...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Some Darkest Dungeon update came out today, apparently offers a sort of Short Mode to make it less of a grind. It'll be good to cross if off my backlog...

Nice

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I am worried about the upcoming castlevania series because last I heard Warren Ellis had replaced the whip with a sword, so there would be zero point to any of it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Klaus Kinski posted:

Alwa's awakening is a cute little metroidvania that's more on the puzzle/platformer side of the genre. It's a bit short, but absolutely worth playing if you don't mind paying :10bux: for a game that's only 5h long.

Does the ludicrously slow movement of the player character ever change 'cos I got through the first boss and just gave up

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/829839615804727299

I can't believe this.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ekster posted:

I remember trying to get into fighting games a while ago until I realized that it was going to take me as much time and effort as I did getting good at playing the piano.

Learning to play an instrument is a pretty top tier way to spend time tho

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I am worried about the upcoming castlevania series because last I heard Warren Ellis had replaced the whip with a sword, so there would be zero point to any of it.

That kind of slavish devotion to the content of the source material regardless of how well it actually works in an adaptation is how you get the 90s Mario movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Mann posted:

That kind of slavish devotion to the content of the source material regardless of how well it actually works in an adaptation is how you get the 90s Mario movie.

That is NOT how we got the 90s Mario movie.

And there really is nothing to castlevania besides a man whipping monsters, if you don't have that, it's not castlevania. This is not a controversial statement.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I actually literally laugh out loud when I click on a link and see Cory Doctorow's name.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom is a really fun read, but then, I guess, he writes columns??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

castlevania is not about monsters being whipped, but rather, our minds, whipped into a fervor that is. "what is a man".... :hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Castlevania is about fixed jump lengths with no air control.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

This isn't real right

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

bloodychill posted:

This isn't real right

That's the slogan of 2017

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oddium posted:

castlevania is not about monsters being whipped, but rather, our minds, whipped into a fervor that is. "what is a man".... :hai:

In Training posted:

Castlevania is about fixed jump lengths with no air control.

It's about a whipman fighting Draculas.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

It's about a whipman fighting Draculas.

Castlevania is about bishounen fuckbois fighting Universal monsters.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wouldn't trust the Cory Doctorow article but on the other hand, Steve Bannon did try to write a film adaptation of Titus Andronicus, Shakespeare's torture and rape play, (but in space!!), with writing that rivals "It is the heat death of the Universe" in terms of bad sci-fi dialog, so I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he invested millions of United States dollars in orc gold.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If it comes out tomorrow that Steve Bannon was the one who wrote the "four balls on the edge of a cliff" thing, and it is proven to the point where there is no denying it, I will probably laugh a whole bunch but not be terribly surprised.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lizard Wizard posted:

That's the slogan of 2017

nah mate that was 2016. 2017 is Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7LQNDkobA

I've been waiting years for this.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Konami asked Nintendo how they can revive interest in the Bomberman series like how Fire Emblem was revived.

Nintendo told them to just fill it with fictional women and/or girls.

And so we arrived here.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's exactly what I expected to see and I'm still disappointed.

edit: why that girl got a lit fuse in she anus

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The original bomberpeople were cuter than those anime babes imo

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

The original bomberpeople were cuter than those anime babes imo

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Konami asked Nintendo how they can revive interest in the Bomberman series like how Fire Emblem was revived.

Nintendo told them to just fill it with fictional women and/or girls.

And so we arrived here.

:sigh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

their clothes fall off

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

oddium posted:

their clothes fall off

"BREAK", as in, "gimme a"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I just noticed the lit fuse going up her rear end. jfc, Japan...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
lol the ambiguously brown one is straight-up just wearing a g-string

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0BlM70n4Yk

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Let's just hope that Pac Man doesn't get that treatment!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

One of them is that hypersexualized drawing of Strawberry Shortcake someone drew on the internet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

ms pacman is naked already

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bicyclops posted:

"My name is Puck, and I'm here to gently caress!"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Yes yes yes yes yes yes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Super Bomberman was the greatest drunken party game ever, although the original Smash Bros comes close.

Right now though i'm real mad about the two hunters after Ludwig in the Bloodborne dlc.
real drat mad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know, I've heard nothing about the Dark Souls 3 DLC, is it good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

You know, I've heard nothing about the Dark Souls 3 DLC, is it good

part 1 is out and it mediocre. they're promising much more from teh one out at the end of march.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So what I'm getting from this Activision Earnings Slide is that Skylanders is not...entirely dead. It's only somewhat dead. They deliberately mention there's gonna be more seasons of the TV show and there's a mobile game development while also deliberately not mentioning whether or not a console title is in development as well.
I feel like they've painted themselves into a corner by maintaining backwards compatibility with all the older toys with each new game. The number of toys you can now use with the newest one is staggering. Sure, they can reuse assets to some extent, but not entirely, and reusing things traps them in certain ways.
IGE was once pretty big poo poo and dealt in a lot more than just WoW gold, it's not all that shocking to me.

• Locked thread