Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeahhh Matt Ryan kneels the ball 3 times and you lose so I wouldn't get so high and mighty.

Yeah but that didn't happen so,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

it's a shitload of gently caress, that's for drat sure

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

shirts and skins posted:

It's almost unbelievable. And of course Pats fans (and I guess the Pats themselves) are acting like their team just steamrolled their competition when they were completely dead to rights. That game was over and the Falcons let them off the hook.

I have not seen one person unironically imply that the Pats steamrolled. Not sure where you're coming from there unless you've been reading YouTube comments. Everyone knows how close our goose was to getting cooked. Most people still can't believe the game ended

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

it's a shitload of gently caress, that's for drat sure

also this

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I have not seen one person unironically imply that the Pats steamrolled. Not sure where you're coming from there unless you've been reading YouTube comments. Everyone knows how close our goose was to getting cooked. Most people still can't believe the game ended

#AlternativeFacts

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Turdsdown Tom posted:

all of the fun is precisely because the patriots were so shithoused for most of the game and still won

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Don't know if this was already posted, but its a lot of :words: from Greg Cossell about the Super Bowl and it's fascinating.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/greg-cosells-super-bowl-review-inside-the-play-that-flipped-the-patriots-super-bowl-win-195345367.html

Amongst other god tier analysis

quote:

Brady wasn’t so lucky later in that drive. Again, the Falcons used “1 robber” with Neal as the robber. Edelman ran another shallow cross underneath Martellus Bennett’s natural pick. Instead of Alford trying to get over the top and running with Edelman, Neal jumped Edelman to take away the throw. Alford became the free robber, and Brady didn’t recognize the switch as he was under pressure from Dwight Freeney. Brady threw to Amendola and Alford was sitting on it, and returned it for an 82-yard interception. There’s a reason Brady looked like he never saw Alford; it was a creative wrinkle by the Falcons to switch in their “1 robber” look when Edelman went across the middle. Freeney pressure also forced a quick throw without a defined read of the coverage.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kawalimus posted:

routinely let other teams back into the game when they should be dead

This is Mike McCarthy's version of "Do your job"

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
lmbo, Brady wouldn't let go of Goodell's handshake as Roger was trying to get away

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Visual proof Brady bought SB 51...you cannot deny the money changing hands here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

Visual proof Brady bought SB 51...you cannot deny the money changing hands here.

The only money changing hands was when Matt Patricia ran into Goodell later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_fhfRODOmc

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Most people still can't believe the game ended

That's the one word that keeps getting kicked around; unbelievable. I don't think we'll ever witness a game like that again. Even outside of the confluence of the talent of Brady and Ryan, we won't because OC's will be getting tattoos on that say "Remember Atlanta: 28-3"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeGarrette Blount is also not going to the White House.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i still can't believe the pats outdid 49. that was like the minute between the kearse catch and the butler interception stretched out over a quarter and a half.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

LeGarrette Blount is also not going to the White House.

To be fair that's likely a security move

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

To be fair that's likely a security move

True, he does spend a lot of time hanging out with extremist militias.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kalli posted:

True, he does spend a lot of time hanging out with extremist militias.

He got cut from the Steelers awhile back though? :confused:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He has a pretty nasty habit of punching white people and I mean trumps the whitest mother fucker on earth

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Amy Pole Her posted:

He has a pretty nasty habit of punching white people and I mean trumps the whitest mother fucker on earth

He's more of an oversized Oompa Loompa really

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm glad at least one patriots honky is skipping the visit.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chris Long also had some nuanced and good opinions on the Kaepernick anthem topic, he is a cool dude

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

weird Asian candy posted:

He's more of an oversized Oompa Loompa really

Except in the hands.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Alan Branch also not going. 10% of roster so far.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Martellus Bennett
Devin McCourty
Chris Long
Dont'a Hightower
James White
Legarrete Blount
Alan Branch

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

more.

MOORREE

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.
Yeah at what point does Trump just try to avoid embarrassment and cancel it? Would half the team have to boycott? The next one will most likely be basketball or hockey and we KNOW the Cavs or Warriors or Spurs aren't going there. No one wants to go to Donnie's house because no one likes him.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chris Long also had some nuanced and good opinions on the Kaepernick anthem topic, he is a cool dude

He also voted for Gary Johnson so....

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/828467169503637504

lol

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

extendedsolo posted:

Yeah at what point does Trump just try to avoid embarrassment and cancel it? Would half the team have to boycott? The next one will most likely be basketball or hockey and we KNOW the Cavs or Warriors or Spurs aren't going there. No one wants to go to Donnie's house because no one likes him.

No team going to the White House has perfect attendance so I guess Trump just rolls with it and makes the best out of whoever comes, probably pointing out that the "hostile/failing" media does not treat players missing the visit to his White House the same they did with Obama, pointing out that people like Hightower and Brady missed the visit to Obama's WH too.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

extendedsolo posted:

As long as Brady and Belichick are there Trump will be pleased, though im sure he'll be a petulant manchild about each person who refuses to come even if he has no idea who they are.

If Brady really finds out that oh wow look at that date I just can't cancel my important plans that day sorry I can't make it because Giselle keeps explaining that supporting the president most of his fans loathe is really loving dumb for his endorsements, then I could see Trump canceling it. The team visiting without Brady is a visible slap in the face, the team visiting without a bunch of good but not nationally known players is trivia.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nothing Sticks to Teflon Tom. :chord:

evilweasel posted:

As long as Brady and Belichick are there Trump will be pleased, though im sure he'll be a petulant manchild about each person who refuses to come even if he has no idea who they are.

If Brady really finds out that oh wow look at that date I just can't cancel my important plans that day sorry I can't make it because Giselle keeps explaining that supporting the president most of his fans loathe is really loving dumb for his endorsements, then I could see Trump canceling it. The team visiting without Brady is a visible slap in the face, the team visiting without a bunch of good but not nationally known players is trivia.

If all this drama ends with Brady bailing on visiting Trump it will be loving hilarious.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

If not I'm here to start the #cutbrady hashtag

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chris James 2 posted:

Martellus Bennett
Devin McCourty
Chris Long
Dont'a Hightower
James White
Legarrete Blount
Alan Branch

Also, makes me happy White is skipping, given he was moral SB MVP there.

gently caress Tom Brady.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Sounds like Touchdown Tom needs to win #6 to make Joe Montana bend the knee :grin:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/10/joe-montana-i-cant-call-tom-brady-or-anyone-the-best-ever/

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
why are you here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cravius posted:

He also voted for Gary Johnson so....

so he also really wants to smoke some weed

this is the modless wonderland all you cravens desire

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Oh cool, that means some of you idiots don't have to pretend to have stockholm syndrome anymore.

(Edit: referring to a certain subgroup of pats fans)

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

well that certainly was an unwelcome account of a geriatric's bedroom habits

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I can't remember where I saw this so take it with a salt shaker, but there's a rumor floating around that Trump has already contacted Kraft and demanded everyone who is skipping the WH visit be cut, post haste.

It is simultaneously asinine and totally plausible.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Critical posted:

I can't remember where I saw this so take it with a salt shaker, but there's a rumor floating around that Trump has already contacted Kraft and demanded everyone who is skipping the WH visit be cut, post haste.

It is simultaneously asinine and totally plausible.

it was that one twitter account that claims to be a ROGUE STAFFER INSIDE THE WHITE HOUSE, POSTING THE TRUTH ONLINE

probably bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

a patagonian cavy posted:

it was that one twitter account that claims to be a ROGUE STAFFER INSIDE THE WHITE HOUSE, POSTING THE TRUTH ONLINE

probably bullshit

Probably bullshit, but i wouldn't be surprised if they were accidentally right.

• Locked thread