Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Dannywilson posted:

I'm the distinct lack of a coherent bodyline.

Hello 90s car design!

*edit: irony is that 90s car design was soft and had no coherent lines, 2010s design is hard and has so many creases there's still no coherent lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

kimbo305 posted:

I think the discussion here is from doubts over whether Das Volk just had bad luck or if he did more than the average owner to rough up the cars.
The Viper was for sure a common issue with their motors.

Jamal was talking about cars (C6z, C7z) that I don't think DV had. I think he had a normal C6 and his issues were with with the targa flying off and some interior poo poo.

However, DV seems hard on cars but I agree some of those are known issues. I had a CTS-V and the wheel hop was pretty bad but nothing broke in the short time I had it.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 9, 2017

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I think Das Volk, more than being hard on cars, just has STUPENDOUSLY bad luck.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Das Volk posted:

Oh hey it's got a numbered badge!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Das Volk bought fast cars and beat on them, they should be built to back the cheques their marketing was writing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

cakesmith handyman posted:

Das Volk bought fast cars and beat on them, they should be built to back the cheques their marketing was writing.

True, this is pretty much par for the course for anyone that actually drives their cars hard and doesn't really try to hold back.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Maserati Tipo 151

This and everything about it.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Since when are high performance cars marketed as reliable?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
GM doing all those endurance races isn't marketing the corvette as being a reliable track-ready car?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

jamal posted:

GM doing all those endurance races isn't marketing the corvette as being a reliable track-ready car?

No more than Ferrari, Aston Martin, or any of the other vehicles Corvette went up against in its class.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ReelBigLizard posted:

Maserati Tipo 151

What a machine.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The Corvette roof thing was a documented defect that GM later issued a recall for.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

The Corvette roof thing was a documented defect that GM later issued a recall for.

I think they'd already issued the recall for some cars when his popped the top.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

jamal posted:

Yet ferrari's still catch fire, too.

To be fair, the endurance car is far different from the street car. Different engine, suspension geometry (no leaf springs), etc.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Nobody has just has half a car just sitting around though

I beg to differ.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

travisray2004 posted:

Since when are high performance cars marketed as reliable?

They're marketed as high performance. Use that performance and the car explodes? Failure to achieve marketed ability.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Chevrolet suspended production of the Z06 last year to fix the overheating problem, FWIW. Should start up again soon if it hasn't already.

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

Maserati Tipo 151

I need a moment alone... Kammbacks are just...

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

ReelBigLizard posted:

Maserati Tipo 151

Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? :eyepop:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

clam ache posted:

Old stingrays from the 50s 60s and 70s old suspension is poo poo and a lot of the corvettes I see come out for the summer most years maybe and have old poo poo rotted suspension. And also because corvettes are stupid pieces of poo poo that suck to drive and are meant to make geezers feel like there dick can still get hard. And to do most major work is so loving stupid. Like working on a PT cruiser would be easier and better.

Everything here is wrong except the rotting suspension bit. That does diminish the fun and handling.

That looks a hell of a lot neater than I'd expect had you just described it. Could all be a death trap underneath though.

There's no way it's held together by anything but chicken wire and bondo.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 10, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
http://i.imgur.com/timDdme.gifv

Wait for it.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

:eyepop:

That's suicidal.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The balls on that guy.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Always ford the river.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Looks closely for the child in the back seat.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

And this kids is why we try and teach you trigonometry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

Always ford the river.

god drat it

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

nm posted:

Looks closely for the child in the back seat.

Depending on what's in the water, he's gonna die of dysentery.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

The bloke in the big 6x6 MAN truck on the other side aint game to go through that poo poo but off goes our hero in his nissan patrol.

Thats how you wind up as a statistic.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

"He de-:stare:
:stonklol:

HandlingByJebus posted:

:eyepop:

That's suicidal.

Yeah you do not gently caress around with floodwaters but loving jesus.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh yeah I don't think anyone is suggesting that what he did was a good idea. Just a demonstration of how something can be awesome and really loving stupid at the same time.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You do know what the guys thinking

"I have a patrol itll be fiiiiine."
"My cousin Jasim did it once in his"

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

clam ache posted:

Old stingrays from the 50s 60s and 70s old suspension is poo poo and a lot of the corvettes I see come out for the summer most years maybe and have old poo poo rotted suspension. And also because corvettes are stupid pieces of poo poo that suck to drive and are meant to make geezers feel like there dick can still get hard. And to do most major work is so loving stupid. Like working on a PT cruiser would be easier and better.

Nice meltdown

E: whole lotta people that have never played Spintires or watched some of the Russian logging videos on youtube. Not that that makes the dude any less crazy.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 10, 2017

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

E: whole lotta people that have never played Spintires or watched some of the Russian logging videos on youtube. Not that that makes the dude any less crazy.

Yeah but Spintires has save and load features, and Russians are returned to the genetanks upon death and repurposed into a new worker for the hive.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
WRC has new rules this year giving more power and aero. I think the guy writing the aero rules was told "Make every car look like an Audi S1 E2 from the back"

Rally Sweden is also on right now
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/livecenter/page/4175----.html
https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1Q84GQUR51W11/fia-world-rally-championship

Humbug fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 10, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I was just about to say... something something vectors!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Aww, I was trying to angle for that joke.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Aww, I was trying to angle for that joke.
You knew someone would beat you to it, don't be obtuse.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This tangent is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

This tangent is stupid.

It's a sin to trigger people with bad puns.