Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Let me break up the pizza chat with a pretty good cosplay instead!

e: I also found this!

https://twitter.com/makaroll410/status/829526113441370112

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
That cosplay is very powerful. Post it in the cosplay thread?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just rewatched and...man, the cinematography in this show is just superb. All the big conversations - Tohru/Kobayashi at work, Tohru/Fafnir at the crossing, Tohru/Kobayashi bending spoons are just shot so ridiculously well, and the body language sells all the emotions going on in the scenes so well, goddamn. They keep doing it and yet I'm always impressed. KyoAni is a treasure.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/HugBdrill/status/829892096077160449

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad whoever does these is doing them. I have to say though,

quote:

Another fairly minor point, but here she’s saying “I don’t think I’d call those feelings ‘regret’.” not “I don’t want to […].” (だけど私はその気持ちを後悔とは呼ばないと思います). Not a big difference, but possibly an important one depending on how deeply you care to read into things.

That's not really a minor difference in meaning.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I dunno, I feel like I got the spirit behind it as it was.

Granted, I've spent years watching often-janky anime subs, so I might just be used to doing extra work in my head.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'm trying to work out a joke to make about Indiana's enthusiam for Tanya the Evil, but I don't know anything about Indiana. I mean, if it were Illinois I could at least reach for a Blues Brother reference...

However North & South Dakota's preference for Spiritpact is easily explained: there's only one Crunchyroll subscriber there, and he lives right on the border. Having watched the first 3 episodes of Spiritpact, that is by far the most likely explanation.

Maid Dragon show continues to nail the timing and body language, which is just more proof that KyoAni can seriously elevate the material when they bring their A-game.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Just rewatched and...man, the cinematography in this show is just superb. All the big conversations - Tohru/Kobayashi at work, Tohru/Fafnir at the crossing, Tohru/Kobayashi bending spoons are just shot so ridiculously well, and the body language sells all the emotions going on in the scenes so well, goddamn. They keep doing it and yet I'm always impressed. KyoAni is a treasure.

I stumbled across a blog post that goes over the staff that worked on this episode while bored at work last night and browsing #maidragon on Twitter (also where I got those two tweets from). It was mildly interesting but I didn't want to add more to my post.

From that blog, though:

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/829412552643854338

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Rangpur posted:

I'm trying to work out a joke to make about Indiana's enthusiam for Tanya the Evil, but I don't know anything about Indiana. I mean, if it were Illinois I could at least reach for a Blues Brother reference...

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/829567040767668226

:v:

Woops, meant to edit. Oh well.

Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe
Something I'm hoping this adaptation alters in regards to the order of future events:

In the manga, Tohru's father shows up before Elma does. In the former encounter it is only through Kobayashi's support that Tohru is able to summon the confidence she needs to truly stand up to him. In other words it is the bond and life in the human world she's forged with Kobayashi that wins the day. It is a key chapter in driving home just how far their relationship has come. In it Tohru never directly asks for Kobayashi's help, but Kobayashi seeing the very best thing that's ever happened to her about to be taken away steps up to the plate and fights for her like only she can.

In the latter, Elma's appearance is treated as a joke. Tohru repeatedly makes a fool of her and there is never any danger of her possibly forcing Tohru to give up on living in the human world. In the manga, because this comes after Tohru's father there's no fanfare or tension. It's just a silly funny good time. By reversing the order for the anime, Elma's appearance and desire to bring Tohru back could act as foreshadowing for her father to show up later. Sort of a this was only a taste; she won't be the last one. What will Tohru do when a more no nonsense dragon like her father shows up that she alone can't argue with? It would flow so much better.

Xeiros fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 10, 2017

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Space Flower posted:

i was literally the person showing you the manga before! gahh!

how do you remember that

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/pending_url/status/829562753325158400

https://twitter.com/goldfishu/status/829829826571825154

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

StrixNebulosa posted:

This cosplay is not the one I was expecting but I am nonetheless very glad for it

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Onean posted:

I stumbled across a blog post that goes over the staff that worked on this episode while bored at work last night and browsing #maidragon on Twitter (also where I got those two tweets from). It was mildly interesting but I didn't want to add more to my post.
I'm happy that I wasn't the only one to appreciate Tohru's silly strutting with Fafnir.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

StrixNebulosa posted:

All it needs to be perfect is a couple of gifs of her bouncing towards a terrified man.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Germans are really into Tanya the evil? Figures. :v:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Command Ant posted:

All it needs to be perfect is a couple of gifs of her bouncing towards a terrified man.

Needs to cosplay that scaroused Krillin looking motherfucker

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RAB does Maidragon

https://youtu.be/BisbQUFS0G0

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
These have probably been seen by everyone, but...

I just realized, Fafnir has coat-tails.
:allears:

Also this because it's just cute

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

These have probably been seen by everyone, but...

I just realized, Fafnir has coat-tails.

:stare:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Coat-tails fish-tail dragon-tail twin-tails ponytail

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

devtesla posted:

Coat-tails fish-tail dragon-tail twin-tails ponytail

Doesn't Lucoa not have a ponytail? Her hair is kinda floofy out of the hat.

I thought it was because Quetzalcoatl was generally depicted as being kinda feathery on the head and without a tail that we usually would think of a dragon as having.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/Nightea/status/829966635045789696

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Whoa whoa whoa

too lewd for adtrw

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Does Tohru have a belly-button?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Just watched Gay Dragonmoms Anime.

Did not expect this to be so good.

I identify with Kobayashi.

Very importantly there is a Dark Souls reference and I am fuckin down with that.

When Quetzalcoatl showed up I was thinking it was seriously awesome that she had rainbow hair and didn't register the titty until like an episode later.

But I learned something about Ainu mythology, of which I knew exactly zero things prior.

I want the sea dragon lookin' one (Leviathan?) to show up already.

Good anime.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
hell yeah

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/sakino_shingetu/status/830072939475148802

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
better qual

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Someone took her to a purikura booth?

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Content aware scaling is the devil. I like that it recognised Kanna's forehead as important though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dire Lemming posted:

Content aware scaling is the devil. I like that it recognised Kanna's forehead as important though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ah, the "forced memes from 4chan that almost faded away for good, make their way to the rest of the internet so I get to see them everywhere now" meme

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please tell us more about the 4chan meme, 4chan expert Space Flower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
*lorax voice* I speak for the memes.

• Locked thread