Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

even the voice clips that they actually used for that game were insane. at one point i had a thing that would play all the sounds on the disc, it may have even been included. wanted to make a Windows sound theme out of them but never got around to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played Guilty Gear tonight, my first fighting game since Smash Bros. Melee. Spent fifty minutes in the tutorial, played once through arcade mode (eight consecutive matches against the beginner AI, button-mashing my way to victory, I really didn't learn a thing), then I spent another half hour checking out everyone's super moves and animations.

Fighting games aren't for me, which is a shame because these Guilty Gear characters are the right kind of anime, except the lame-o ones who seem stupidly serious

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Konami asked Nintendo how they can revive interest in the Bomberman series like how Fire Emblem was revived.

Nintendo told them to just fill it with fictional women and/or girls.

And so we arrived here.

[img - Clint Eastwood scowling in disgust]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I played Guilty Gear tonight, my first fighting game since Smash Bros. Melee. Spent fifty minutes in the tutorial, played once through arcade mode (eight consecutive matches against the beginner AI, button-mashing my way to victory, I really didn't learn a thing), then I spent another half hour checking out everyone's super moves and animations.

Fighting games aren't for me, which is a shame because these Guilty Gear characters are the right kind of anime, except the lame-o ones who seem stupidly serious

Melee isn't a fighting game

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In Training posted:

Melee isn't a fighting game

:siren: :eyepop: :siren:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No fighting in the fighting game thread

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

their clothes fall off

Because this worked so well for Gradius.

Also lmao at this quote from the Castlevania thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Warren Ellis was working on a Castlevania project back in the IGA days - it never went anywhere, obviously, but here's the excerpt he posted back then:

quote:

EXT. VILLAGE - NIGHT

The village of MURDENU, as denoted by the wooden signpost hammered into the dirt track in front of an INN. Under it, a sign points left for GRESIT (15m) and right for TÂRGOVISTE (70m).

SUPER
TWO WEEKS LATER
It’s a cloudy night, no stars or moon. The only lights in the shot come from the lamps burning in the windows of the inn, from which we hear:

BOSHA (O.S)
So I said to him, it’s my goat, I’ve been tending goats since I was four years old –
INT. INN - NIGHT

And TREVOR BELMONT, the last of the legendary vampire hunters, sitting alone in the back of the drinking-house, wrapped in a heavy cloak and nursing a flagon of watery beer while, at the bar counter, BOSHA, a burly middle-aged farmer, blusters at KOB, a narrow man still wearing a blacksmith’s apron. The INNKEEPER is trying hard not to listen.

KOB
…Right, right.
BOSHA
– and I’d know if my goat was in love with you.

KOB
For God’s sake.

BOSHA
And he says to me, I know your goat is in love with me.

KOB
So you said “how?”, Bosha?

BOSHA
So I said, “how?” And he says, well, she fucks me, doesn’t she?

Bosha pauses to down his beer.

KOB
And that’s when you hit him.
Bosha clumps the beer pot down on the bar.

BOSHA
Right across the eyes with a shovel. And now the headman says I have to pay the bastard money because he went blind.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

otomedius would have been a bad game even if it was all extremely un-sexy space ships

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I redownloaded soul hackers and am powering through it. Wish me luck! I probably won't do the new game+ right after I beat it, but I think that's fine. New game+ is for when you've put a game down for a while and want to go through it again.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

their clothes fall off

Of course they do

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Couldn't care less about the Castlevania TV series since we're never getting another game anyway, so if it's good, cool, if it's bad, who cares?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just learned that there is going to be a Destiny 2.

Why.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

Why.

Because Destiny 1 made a zillion dollars and was explicitly the first installment of a multimedia empire.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

chumbler posted:

Why.

Because you can only resell the "collection" as a surcharge to the latest expansion so many times in a row before it gets old

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

oddium posted:

their clothes fall off

I predict this game is going to... not do well

Don't be surprised to see fan response upset over this entry

I hear the demand for it has already bottomed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

which ones were stupid serious?

weigh your answer carefully

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

New Concept Hole posted:

I predict this game is going to... not do well

Don't be surprised to see fan response upset over this entry

I hear the demand for it has already bottomed

Yeah, it's not a pachislot.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lurdiak posted:

I am worried about the upcoming castlevania series because last I heard Warren Ellis had replaced the whip with a sword, so there would be zero point to any of it.

There's no whip in SOTN (excepting Richter mode) and that's like the most popular game in the series.

Don't be mistaken, there is no point to any of it, just that's not the reason why.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In fact very few of the post-SotN games have a main character who exclusively uses whips.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

At this point I bet it's an animation studio making footage for the next Castlevania pachislot installment.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfU7AoLpIc

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Spend Valentine's Day with Naoto (before persona 5 comes out in a few months)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Go on a date with Barrett and give Bowser a big kiss.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Lurdiak posted:

Go on a date with Barrett and give Bowser a big kiss.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-hottest-daddies-in-video-games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Couldn't care less about the Castlevania TV series since we're never getting another game anyway, so if it's good, cool, if it's bad, who cares?

Maybe if people like the show there'll be more Castlevanias

and they'll totally be cool 2D platformer DS Castlevania games and not Lords of Shadow 3

Aleque
Sep 20, 2010

Toonhaze Animator
Offtopic but that is the point since I can't find the right topic.

Looking for the main Dota 2 topic - can someone please help me find it? Tried google and search function here... most topic are old and locked

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha

Yeah....

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

don'ta 2

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aleque posted:

Offtopic but that is the point since I can't find the right topic.

Looking for the main Dota 2 topic - can someone please help me find it? Tried google and search function here... most topic are old and locked

There is a DOTA2 thread but it is masquerading as another! It's a wild frontier town.

Aleque
Sep 20, 2010

Toonhaze Animator

VideoGames posted:

There is a DOTA2 thread but it is masquerading as another! It's a wild frontier town.

Care to share the info?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they try to keep it subtle but if you go to the factorio thread and ask about jungling and rosh they'll know what you're about. good luck

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

which ones were stupid serious?

weigh your answer carefully

The guy whose moves all have the word "Justice" in them

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I really take issue with some of these inclusions.

Aleque
Sep 20, 2010

Toonhaze Animator

oddium posted:

they try to keep it subtle but if you go to the factorio thread and ask about jungling and rosh they'll know what you're about. good luck

are you trolling?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You can post about dota here if you want I know all about dota.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:ninja:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Barthes wrote a sequel????

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

don'ta think you got away with this

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Aleque posted:

are you trolling?

I don't think oddium would ever lie, so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Destiny 2 is going to be poorly received because fans have the unrealistic expectation that they will actually be able to transfer their Destiny 1 progress over to the sequel, and there is just no way that is going to happen.

• Locked thread