Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

The Glumslinger posted:

They knew it was there, they just didn't know what it did

Same difference, really. And iirc they may have known it was there but they didn't know it was a ligament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DeimosRising posted:

He's not flopping. He's demonstrating why he never gets injured. Look at his legs and imagine if he had forced himself to stay on his feet.

Complaining about the lack of call is still pretty funny though

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

I can't believe how fun Dallas has been the last few weeks. RIP team tank.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Your periodic Buddy Hield update, lets see how his defense is progressing over the last couple of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X_khxEC8CE

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

dokmo posted:

Your periodic Buddy Hield update, lets see how his defense is progressing over the last couple of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X_khxEC8CE

I won't be happy until he wears a jersey in a language I cannot read

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I understand people from northern Kentucky are often Bengals fans, but that's NFL and Cincinatti seems pretty far from Louisville for traveling to an NBA game.

That said, I think Louisville will probably win an NBA championship before the Kings.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I love basketball, it's so much fun to watch. I don't officially have a team though. Is it cool to like the Cavs? Because they're really fun to watch.

The Cavs are cool and good. They have a super efficient offense that has a mixed bag of crazy passes, threes, and isoball. They have plenty of on and off-court drama, and they will always be the underdog in the finals so you don't have as much of that band-wagon shame that the Warriors fans have to carry. Plus Lebron is the greatest player since MJ and he deserves all of our eyeballs and fandom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncDaRSbLo4

Of course if you want to stick around as a Cavs fan after Lebron leaves or retires you risk developing lifelong psychological problems. I once thought the Mo Williams / Daniel Gibson / Anthony Parker / Antawn Jamison / Anderson Varejao 2011 lineup was capable of making the playoffs. JJ Hickson is untradeable! Boobie Gibson is a future all-star!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/829944004632514561

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

NotWearingPants posted:

I understand people from northern Kentucky are often Bengals fans, but that's NFL and Cincinnati seems pretty far from Louisville for traveling to an NBA game.

That said, I think Louisville will probably win an NBA championship before the Kings.

It's only about 90 minutes, depending on how fast you drive. About as far as Indianapolis is, and I'm pretty sure I'm like one of eight Pacers fans in Cincinnati.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think Louisville would be lovely for an NBA franchise and I'm basing that on nothing.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Send the Kings back

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

owns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the Wolves tweeted this but deleted it, fortunately random reddit guy saved it

http://streamable.com/nsxx4

RAY-LINKS

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

RAY-LINKS

Are their A/V guys Tim and Eric?

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

I love you and your penis graphs

I'm surprised Pittsburgh doesn't have a basketball team and I'd love to see another black and yellow team out there. The league needs a black and yellow team too.

The league literally said "no" to the Pelicans being black and gold during their rebranding.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

It's crazy that Miami and Dallas are 2 games out of the playoffs

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

IcePhoenix posted:

RAY-LINKS

I see you Eric Koston

Why would they delete this? Why would they make this?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

zelah posted:

I see you Eric Koston

Why would they delete this? Why would they make this?

Some dude was definitely high as balls when he thought of this idea, then made the video, then probably spliced it onto the end of the Home Improvement intro bit without telling anyone, then got fired once questions started being asked.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Midniter posted:

Some dude was definitely high as balls when he thought of this idea, then made the video, then probably spliced it onto the end of the Home Improvement intro bit without telling anyone, then got fired once questions started being asked.

Naw, a ton of the Wolves A/V stuff references 80s/90s tv shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkzfLc86Lwo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

paternity suitor posted:

2.5 games out of the 8th seed. AKA a sub .400 record in the West.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

paternity suitor posted:

Kudos to the Mavs fan in this thread that kept saying Dallas would get healthy and go on a run to destroy their high draft slot when they were like 6-20.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Personally I blame the 1-7 seeds in the West for picking on the rest of the conference. Unfair.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sacramento does well against teams with winning records for some reason. It's a shame there are so many bad teams in the league, we might have a better record!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Sheriff posted:

Kudos to the Mavs fan in this thread that kept saying Dallas would get healthy and go on a run to destroy their high draft slot when they were like 6-20.

Expected it with Dallas and Washington, but the Heat are completely befuddling

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Expected it with Dallas and Washington, but the Heat are completely befuddling

Dion is a star

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Naw, a ton of the Wolves A/V stuff references 80s/90s tv shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkzfLc86Lwo

No, watch the stuff after the Home Improvement intro. That's where the weird stuff is.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kibner posted:

No, watch the stuff after the Home Improvement intro. That's where the weird stuff is.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Are their A/V guys Tim and Eric?

I know.

e: but really, it's so much like a Tim and Eric sketch that I feel like it has to be intentional.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 10, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I guess I'm just confused by your reply to The Midniter, who was confused by the Tim & Eric part and not the Home Improvement part.

Oh well, not at all important.

----

Speaking of the Heat, I was hearing on the radio last week they have had the most improbable 10-game win streak in the NBA. As in, no other team below .500 has won as many games in a row.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Sacramento does well against teams with winning records for some reason. It's a shame there are so many bad teams in the league, we might have a better record!

Last year they would've been a playoff team if they just had gone .500 against lottery teams.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think there are some teams I saw that were under .500 with 10 game winning streaks, the Heat just have the worst record for doing that.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://instagram.com/p/BQUUwfgFLT8/

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How do win shares work? Saric having a lower ws total than Marquess Chriss seems inane at face value

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

straight up brolic posted:

i really don't need to watch NBA basketball in pittsburgh

I do, butthole

never forget

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad that this was exactly what I was hoping it was

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Kibner posted:

I guess I'm just confused by your reply to The Midniter, who was confused by the Tim & Eric part and not the Home Improvement part.

----

Speaking of the Heat, I was hearing on the radio last week they have had the most improbable 10-game win streak in the NBA. As in, no other team below .500 has won as many games in a row.

That is correct. 1997 Suns won 11 in a row, finished 40-42

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How do win shares work? Saric having a lower ws total than Marquess Chriss seems inane at face value

They're both bad, don't worry about it. WS likes Chriss's offensive numbers better, shoots a little better from the field, gets to the line, doesn't turn it over as much.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Who is the best? The Knicks are the best. Dolan is the best

quote:

Madison Square Garden and New York Knicks owner James Dolan fired Madison Square Garden’s security chief this morning, reports DNAinfo, two days after Madison Square Garden security tussled with former Knick great Charles Oakley, which ultimately saw Oakley get arrested.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Criminal Minded posted:

I'm a St. Louis native transplanted to KC (well, Olathe, which is about 15 minutes south of KC), with no NBA affiliation. And not only did KC build a big shiny arena for the purpose of attracting an NBA team, but St. Louis kinda just lost its NFL team. GIMME

same to all of this

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Remember that time a kid immediately snapchatted himself crying after the Knicks drafted the Zinger?

That loving kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

----

How close are they to the best win streak of the LeBron era?

• Locked thread